• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well that was easier than it might have been.

Well that was easier than it might have been.

Prelude, I sent all the Panzer used in Normandy (15 panzer divisions) straight down to Italily. Hence defending Eastern front was difficult. Anyway, the Allies stood no chance against them.

"And the Winged Hussars arrives"

1944 shouldn’t be this easy! :eek: Well done on all fronts, but the Allies must be asleep at the wheel. ;) I wonder if the Americans are close to delivering the A-Bomb? :oops:

1944 shouldn’t be this easy! :eek: Well done on all fronts, but the Allies must be asleep at the wheel. ;) I wonder if the Americans are close to delivering the A-Bomb? :oops:

July 16th, 1945... oh boy :(. Although I doubt US AI in this game would research Atomic bomb on time so lets just make up July 16th, 1945 as an imaginary dead line.

tbf, it isnt. Had I not playing on speed 1 the whole time, the Soviet might won the Battle of Grodno, I might lose my entire Luftwaffle by trying to play attrition air battle and so on...

July 16th, 1945... oh boy :(. Although I doubt US AI in this game would research Atomic bomb on time so lets just make up July 16th, 1945 as an imaginary dead line.

tbf, it isnt. Had I not playing on speed 1 the whole time, the Soviet might won the Battle of Grodno, I might lose my entire Luftwaffle by trying to play attrition air battle and so on...
Heh, I always play on low speed and pause a lot when the action is on ;). I’m a turn-based strategy gamer - don’t much like real-time games, except perhaps for AD&D or Skyrim type stuff.

so guys. Im truly sorry I wont be able to finish the rest of part 4 today. I...uh... I need sometimes alone.

If I remember correctly, the Germans starts in a very favourable position in '44 ... anything will be an improvement! The composition of the divisions sucks, the tech level of many units is neglected, its fighting a 3 front war so ... from now on it can only become better :)

If I remember correctly, the Germans starts in a very favourable position in '44 ... anything will be an improvement! The composition of the divisions sucks, the tech level of many units is neglected, its fighting a 3 front war so ... from now on it can only become better :)

ok, i get a bit better now after working. anyway, I have a little surprise in chapter 2 tho. Its not constantly becoming better.

No worries. Take the time you need

Chapter 1 - Part 4.3
( On the same day - Comedy)
Imagine 2 CEOs just had a bad day. Now imagine they are FDR and Churchill. That's right, the Blenheim's Talk was everyone's topic but no one wants to be there. It was so terrible the two most gentlemen in 2 nations almost had a bar fight if not thanks to the agents. Basically, it went like this:

Churchill - " From your failures, I think Britain should take the sole command for Western Front from now on. "

FDR - " Nah. You can't"

Churchill - " You are a guest on my house. Yes we can."

FDR - " Nah, you can't. We have nukes." (everyone GASP)

Churchill - " Yes, we can. We have the King, he can execute you anytime I want I mean as the people wish." (everyone OUTRAGEOUS)

FDR - " Nah, you can't. We can liberate you anytime I want I mean as the people want." (FAINT)

-> And repeat. They began to talk about who should take control in Iranian oil field. Indian theater since the Chinese already magically lost to the Japanese. At some point, these men were acting like drunk people and try to murder each other without drinking any drop of a alcohol, nice. Anyway, a miracle happened on Churchill's favour. On 20th October, Hitler, as the result of becoming Valefisk, he declared [Surprising mother fliccer] war on his former-friend, Franco. Now Churchill can convince Roosevelt to follow his Soft Bloated Belly policy again as this is the only chance to open a second front in Europe. And thus, we're going to part 4.3 - Second Peninsula War.

Part 4.3 - Second Peninsula War.

It started in a far worse manner than to Napoleon. The German only put a portion of the 19th Army, 2/3 of the original I Schwerpunkt Army, with Rommel given not an overall but priority command but the worst of all, they did not have any air force, literally. As if all the Luftwaffle were spent to defend the homeland. There were reports that soldiers constantly got lost while trying to navigate routes through the Pyrenees area. This is good summary how under prepared the German were. But Rommel, against all logistical odd as usual, he instantly charge recklessly, and succeed in the Central front, like a total collapse on the Central Front.
ExNotU.png

Then Rommel made his first panzer offensive in the North while the Southern P-Korps (if you read it like Peacock, that is perfectly fine) are still under supplied. But this only attracts both the Allies and the Spanish air force. As a result, battle were prolonged and brutal, casualties were high, tanks and supply lines were constantly harassed at an unprecedented uncomfortable level.
d2ysuv.png

4Z5rXC.png

Toward the South, the German did significantly better. They captured a large port of Barcelona on 10th, thus enable to construct a supply allowing the panzer to thrust deep cut off the Spanish Southern Army and penetrated even deeper along the coast.
mkr2Yu.png

And yea. Like this:
zjhzlS.png

Spanish forces were decimated but the Panzer's momentum were getting slow down into a stalemate and threaten to cut off supplied.
61m4tI.png

Tom and Ed were redirected from Tunis to defend Spain, time were so urgent that any mail sending back to the family members were considered a luxury only for unarmed civilian. As Allies Motorised and Armour's presence in the Peninsula rapidly increased by the days. Planned were made by the Allies to make an overall counter-attack into Southern France. But all of that gonna change very soon for what would be known as the Literal Battle of Britain. I just spoilt Chapter 2, am I :p?
UeVapN.png

Extra stuffs

So I took some statistic of how decimated the Normandy disaster were and here they are
kFl6oK.png

But ofc, it did came with a cost. That peak amount was when the AI realised I don't defend the homeland with my air force so they just bombed the hell out everything, including Berlin.
jqzuqA.png

I have to admit that I haven't thought through so well for the title of Part 4. So I updated it into something possibly worse.

subbed

Chapter 2 - Part 1 : Prelude
* Just Hitler dreaming about talking with Guy from the future *

- Hitler : " I wholeheartedly thanks you for saving Germany"
- Guy : " It's not over yet. German will inevitably lose by July 15th 1945. That's when United States of Obesity made the first Atomic bomb."
- Hitler : " What is an A-bomb?"
- Guy : " It's a big bomb that makes much bigger bang than your biggest gun and kill 40000 Japanese in an instance in my history."
Hitler is then shown the aftermath of Hiroshima.
t7EFR5.jpg

- Hitler : " Then why don't we conquer them first?"
- Guy : " That's what I'm about to say."
- Hitler : " Right on."

Chapter II : Literal Battle of Britain
1Tjz1F.jpg

Part 1 : Prelude
After having continuous vision dreams, Hitler decided to do something completely different. A stalemate is impossible as sooner or later the Allies will have the Atomic bomb first which is the end game for Germany unless Britain is taken out of Europe. Her navy and air force cannot be beaten one on one so military's attention must be diverted everywhere just to give the invasion force a change as nation is still ran by men and men's mentality cannot process everything at once. So, the plan is to divert the Allies attention everywhere, but more than just intelligence. This time it is for real. So instead of pretending to be a nice guy in Europe. Germany will deliberately become the baddie of Europe by a spontaneous invasion of neutral Switzland on 19th of August 1944. And mobilisation of the army along Franco-Spanish border.
Ivkn5W.png

After that, the Allies starts to worry about the possibility of the invasion to other neutral states such as Spain, Turkey, Sweden and also other Axis' members. All of while a renewed operation Sea Lion was kept hidden in plain sight.

Mk4RKu.jpg

So what force is being concentrated in this context? The answer is the Luftwaffle. Bewegungskrieg (maneuver warfare) cannot be obtain if field-intelligence is not yet obtained. And field-intelligence cannot be obtained if air superiority has not yet met. By completely controlling our skies and theirs, the Heer can control the chaotic nature of the operation and dictate the enemies movement. However, a suitable ratio between the Heer and the Luftwaffle must be met. Too much knowledge is useless if no decisive action being carried out and too much action is useless if we don't know what we are doing eventually.

This one talk of the plan of invading Britain just schooled Manstein into Hitler's Vader. Now, July's miracle were not just miracle, they were the work of one man himself. Anyway, since July 1944, Manstein has become the de-facto Overall Chief of Staff and Co-Chief of the Army (as OKW-OB West HQ is gradually made less important than the OKH HQ) and Foremost Prioritised Army General along with many other unexpected Prioritised figures like Raeder, Paul Hausser, Kesselring,.... Hitler also employed a new rotating system in August 1944 so that Prioritised Generals such as an Army General can be switched place with division commander so that they can obtain more tactical experienced and vice versa.

--- Further internal reorganisation
Politics within the Reich changes more than just diving German into Total War. Hitler became more open in the old semi fascist-monarch system. As such, he wishes to revive the German monarchy since the Empire and the Junkers. But official titles are still solely for the government, of which only people within the same organisation can elect their peers. For example, only Oberstgenerals (Colonel General) of 7th Armee and 15th Armee can elect their peer to Generalfeldmarschall of the Heeresgruppen B only Generalfeldmarschalls can elect their peers to command the OKW. The Fuhrer can override this election to appoint someone. This also applies in appointing his successor(s). And usually within the first 3 months in the office, it is the Fuhrer's job to appoint 2-3 of his successors openly albeit they will still resume their current jobs. If a successor hasn't been designated then a semi general election will be held between the Ministers. Hitler also wants to loosen up his current strict ideology requirement so that the Conservatives or Fascists or Moderate Liberal can join bureaucrat although the base line is that applicants must support a party. Only one Liberal Moderate party can be formed after the War. In summary, this is not particular a democrat because there is no General Government but in each bureaucrat level exists a mini democratic government that only the Fuhrer can override the election but there are tons of them happening at any time so it's not an ideal task to micromanage.

Economic-wise, Hitler makes sure that Goebbel's Total War does not reduce the proficiency of Speer's production. He also told Speer personally that a he wants an overhaul in logistical system (mechanical parts for the tanks, planes, artillery, machine gun, more trucks,...) rather than just producing more Panzers or Planes. If a Tiger's transmission is broken down then a replacement transmission is a lot cheaper than abandoning the Tiger only to build another Tiger. He also ordered development of diesel engine for the next generation trucks and Entwichlung Panzers. If Germany cannot make more fuel than the Allies then she should spend less. Costly air missions on front line are abandoned in favour for a more local superiority at homeland and occasional large and short campaign like Italian campaign. All U-boats are ordered to ceased all current tasks to preparation for the Big Event. With over ~2000 Planes defending the homeland, the Allies' raid decreased, easing the production while the Fuel consumption drops as front line becomes static on the East.

To even further re-branding Germany to legitimise the aggressive foreign policies later on. A project to revive the Roman Empire of the aryans is initiated. On 17th August 1944, Hitler Directive No.17 issued that the Great German Reich will be renamed into Roman Fuhrerreich. To make it more serious, he marched the Wehrmacht in Geneva to broadcast it internationally while burning the Geneva Convention for his future son, Valefisk. There were some serious talks about the possibility to relocate Mussolini's Pizza Republic into Southern Italy once Allies is out of Italy so that the German can annex North and Central Italy. Despite such provocative attitude, Mussolini was specifically ordered to be kept alive to ensure a Italian Revolution would not happen and giving the unhappy people in the annexed regions a scapegoat; a cornered animal is the most dangerous animal
EHuh2E.png

To hide nature of invasion force, training for landing and creating beachheads without the support of Luftwaffle were extensively done at several Danish straits while an invasion of Sweden was thought to be from Konigsberg to Malmo. All of while the majority of the real army, (organised as militia People's Army - Volkssturm Army) is trained within the wood and only appeared at Kiel on the eve of landing day. So let's take a summary cause the timeline is confusing. Around beginning of the December, these major events are currently happening:
1) counter-attack Romanian front
2) Finnish front
3) invading Spain
4) Chasing the Allies in Italy
5) About to invade Sweden and Occupation
6) Kriegmarine were ordered to " enjoy the Big Event". The renewed Sea Lion, code name Underlord goes like this.
7) Air battle of Dover Strait
M6pvIW.png

Anyway, operation Underlord goes like this:
7RrObg.png

where the numbers are the priority of battle. 1 cannot happen if 0 is not yet succeed and repeat til the last number. Criteria is varied for different mission zones. For example 0 (submarine), 1, 4 are determined by the duration on field and casualties of being inflicted while 5, 3 ,2 are literally time table which can only be accurately coordinated by Hitler's wisdom - monetised by the Guy from the future.

But despite all of that. The landing was tough
NcvQ8F.png

And excuse me WTF?
3NzCm6.png

Honestly, I'm sorry for making this plot-twist a bit underwhelming. I tried to think of something spectacular but ended up making it being spoilt straight away earlier on making it both confusing and less appealing when being explained.

Roman Fuhrrereich is not legitimised yet so you the Grammar Nazi flag would still stick around for a long while.

Chapter 1 - Part 3 (Extra contexts for how tactically danger of very hard AI is)
So this is during Manstein's counter attack in the second phase of Battle of Grodno and the capture of Leninrad was a decisive turn of event for Germany. It came with a man power cost.
dQhEoq.png

O4mcRl.png

yUCg5u.png

cUqwEk.png

he7vVf.png

SZmDcZ.png

Chapter 2 - Part 1 is posted. Please check update in my poorly organised Thread mark :p.

so you are really thinking you can win... hehehe

so you are really thinking you can win... hehehe

Because of A-bomb. There is no other way :oops:. Britain must be taken out or Germany will bombed into submission just like the Japan. There were many records the FDR specifically prioritise using A-bomb first on Germany and particularly Berlin.