• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Remaining issues for v1.28:
- the two ToW issues reported above
- Greedy needs to be removed from Warbreed, Nagas, Trolls
- Regrowth needs to give +50% upkeep to MC units in total (so +25+25 and not +25+50 probably?)
- add a Harbor ability displayed in the unit panel for Boats in Harbor domain: "This unit is healed 10% [[Health]] every turn" with origin = Harbor

Dear PBEM mod developers,

I've been playing several games with v1.27 and I am not sure if GC62 ("Items can now be found in sites corresponding to their rarity level or the level just above") works correctly. I mostly get legendary items in Mythical sites and mostly epic items in Legendary sites (sometimes legendary as well). In general the level of items have decreased significantly and I am wondering if anybody else has experienced this as well ?

Regards,

Thanks for the feedback!
"Items can now be found in sites corresponding to their rarity level or the level just above" means you can get Epic items in Epic and Legendary sites, and Legendary items in Legendary and Mythical sites, so what you describe seems to be a normal situation.
And yes, it means all low level sites now give low level items so overall the item strength decreased.

Yes, I understand but Mythical items seems to be exceedingly rare now. I play with normal defenders though so Mythical items may be common in Mythical sites when playing with strong defenders but I almost always get Legendary items and not Mythical item from Mythical sites. Coming to think of it, I cannot even remember getting a Mythical item in v1.27 hence my question (although I probably did get one at some point)

What Mythical sites did you clear? In theory you should get Mythical items with Normal Defenders. We play with Strong Defenders but with the SDNR mod which makes it as if we were playing with Normal Defenders for rewards, and we get Mythical items (at least I do). There are about 66 Legendary items and 77 Mythical items (with the balance mod) so you should get about (or more than) 50% chance to get a Mythical items. You were probably unlucky?

It may just be bad luck, but I am not really sure if this change was necessary. Many items have already been reassigned in terms of their category in v1.27 so in that sense they have already been "nerfed".
Another question: If the level of items are (on average) lower, will this mean that the (excess) gold will be higher since less of the value of the site is given as an item ?

Issues with v1.28 and SDNR:
- Solid Chainmail Leggings of Heroes (Strong) rewarded in Hall of the Forefathers (Legendary)
- Athla's Natural Club (Strong) rewarded in Sunken City (Legendary)
- AI09b
AI will now cast the following spells in auto combat: Killing Spree, Dampening Field, Sadism, Gift Of Nekron, Rite Of Malediction, Smoke Screen, Bane of the Unnatural.
--> to double check

I just wanted to confirm that I am indeed getting Legendary and Mythical items in v1.28 so it was probably selection bias. Sorry about the confusion and thank you and the team for all your great work!
A side effect is that I can no longer depend on picking up powerful items from dead AI heroes which does increase the challenge a bit :p On the other hand there is now an abundance of low tier items...

Guardian Flames:
Current description: "Machines and Undead can't be healed this way"

Suggested description: "Machines and Undead are unaffected."
Reason: the ability can't even be used on them (tested with a golem), so they can't be healed, plus they can't be guarded by flames.

Scorched: (see screenshot)
There's a problem either with the duration in the description, or in the status's definition.

Flash Grenade: (Engineeer)
It differs from Dreadnought's spell by inflicting +1 Fire, affecting any unit adjacent to target, and being a medium range ability.
However, the blinding strength is not precised. Dreadnought's spell has a blinding strength of 12.

To be confirmed: Total Awareness
In case the unit benefits from an elarged threat zone (on top of being immune to flanking), it isn't told in the description.

Attachments

• aow3_scorched_displayBug.jpeg
    aow3_scorched_displayBug.jpeg
    199,1 KB · Views: 37
Preliminary changelog of v1.29 (I'll repost the bug fixing later):
GC26c
Forbidden Sanctum’s extra reward multiplier is 0.07 (was 0.25) so that you can get maximum 200-300 mana in addition to CP and free skill

GC45
Inflict Despair is available at level 7 (was 5)

GC41g
Armor Piercing costs 1 upgrade point (UP) (was 2)
Inflict Immolation costs 3 UP (was 4)

GC41h
Inflict Severely Poisoned costs 4 UP (was 5)
Phase costs 3 UP (was 4)
Projectile Reflection costs 3 UP (was 5)
Rapid Reload costs 2 UP (was 3)
Guardian Flame costs 4 UP (was 5)
Martial Art costs 3 UP (was 2)
Tireless costs 7 UP (was 6)
One with the Tree costs 5 UP (was 6)
Life Steal costs 3 UP (was 2)
Energy Drain costs 5 UP (was 4)

GC43a
Free Movement costs 3 upgrade points (UP) (was 2)

GC71a
Immolating Touch costs no action point (was takes all remaining AP)

GC61a
Swimming now uses 4 MP/hex on the strategic map. Sea Creatures get Natural Swimming and still uses 3 MP/hex.
Sea Creatures do not take attack of opportunity when moving near other units (like Flyers near walking units).

GC61b
Flying and Floating units get a "Flying over water" penalty of -1 defense, -1 resistance when flying over water. Mariner cancels that malus.

Issues to correct in v1.29:
-EQ Arcane Item Forge, EQ Grand Palace and The Eternal City are apparently linked to race and so are lost when a city is migrated (or purged or ghouled) to another race, should not.
- Control Undead for Necro Leaders (when Produce Reanimator not yet researched) lacks its {} value in the description.
- remove Undead cities from the list of valid targets of Dread Omen (to prevent AI from casting it for no effect)
- the battlefield enchantment associated to Thunderstorm (Lord of the Deep) does not display its [} value for turn duration
- Fire Strike (Dragon Ancestry), Inject Mana Fuel, Force Field Generator and the buff from Touch of Faith, as well as the buffs from Cosmic Events or Festival (e.g. Festival of Evil) must not stack (also to be checked: does Frost Aura stacks)
- MCI following failed Necromantic Aura check needs to be non-removable by Break Control and non-stealable with Steal Enchantment
- "Square Small Map" is not properly named and still needs to be renamed (from "Small Square Map" to "Square Small Map")
- Goblin Engineer doesn't have Flash Bomb (still has Flash Bang)
- Undeads, Ghouls, Machines do not get Regrowth from Shrine of Guardian Angel any more (to be confirmed)

EDIT: also, reduce the 2 wall settings from 10% to 7% in the Tournament game flow

EDIT2: - Solar Spire (ability) is not given to Pikeman unts produced in a city with Solar Spire (MCU building). Also icon incorrect (Focus Chamber's) and description displays {SpireDefence} instead of the value.

Last edited:
Things remaining to be done in v1.29:
- Disintegrate's description: missing the "()" around "15 physical", see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eVOyD2rdiUb4PytVhaKT1rxNiWMquRAlnXw587VwBpg/edit#gid=0
- Cause Fear: Add "Dragon" to the list of units unaffected (in the description)
- Earthquake: Add a tooltip showing the damage the spell is going to cause to units and structures in tactical combat
- most of the stuff listed here (previous post): https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...velopment-thread.1119915/page-7#post-25670347
- the following heroes need changes to UP following the changes to UP cost of several abilities:
* Borkur needs +1 UP for Life Stealing
* Falenas needs +1 UP for Free Movement
* Jetta needs +1 UP for Martial Arts
* Nashack needs +1 UP for Free Movement
* Shane needs +1 UP for Free Movement
* Mikal should get -1 UP (as he has 1 free UP due to the cheaper Guardian Flame)
* Mirra should get -1 UP (Rapid Reload)
* Swani should get -1 UP (Armor Piercing)
- the Flying over Water doesn't seem to work: no malus when on the structure, nothing in the unit panel... Conversely, the model of the structure is (partially) here, the description is that of the Shrine, it gives the Shrine's bonus (vision range, Mariner, MP) and it has the "unexplored" glow

Remaining issues in v1.29:
- (apparently not moddable) EQ Arcane Item Forge, EQ Grand Palace and The Eternal City are apparently linked to race and so are lost when a city is migrated (or purged or ghouled) to another race, should not.

- Control Undead for Necro Leaders (when Produce Reanimator not yet researched) lacks its {} value in the description.
- remove Undead cities from the list of valid targets of Dread Omen (to prevent AI from casting it for no effect)
- the battlefield enchantment associated to Thunderstorm (Lord of the Deep) does not display its {} value for turn duration
- Disintegrate's description: missing the "()" around "15 physical", see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eVOyD2rdiUb4PytVhaKT1rxNiWMquRAlnXw587VwBpg/edit#gid=0
- Cause Fear: Add "Dragon" to the list of units unaffected (in the description)
- "Square Small Map" is not properly named and still needs to be renamed (from "Small Square Map" to "Square Small Map")
- Machines do not get Regrowth from Shrine of Guardian Angel any more
- I didn't see any progress on this one compared to the previous version: the Flying over Water doesn't seem to work: no malus when on the structure, nothing in the unit panel... Conversely, the model of the structure is (partially) here, the description is that of the Shrine, it gives the Shrine's bonus (vision range, Mariner, MP) and it has the "unexplored" glow
- Solar Spire (ability) is not given to Pikeman unts produced in a city with Solar Spire (MCU building). Also icon incorrect (Focus Chamber's) and description displays {SpireDefence} instead of the value.
- Earthquake: Add a tooltip showing the damage the spell is going to cause to units and structures in tactical combat
- Fire Strike (Dragon Ancestry), Force Field (from the spell) as well as the buffs from Cosmic Events or Festival (e.g. Festival of Evil) must not stack (also to be checked: does Frost Aura stacks)

New one: Force Field Generator (effect) from Force Field Generator Gear should be stealable with Steal Enchantment (just like the spell's effect). Also it should be "Force Field" and not "Force Field Generator" and should not stack with the one from the spell.

Peering at the ToW for double entries (v1.28 BETA, downloaded from Steam on 30/08).

1) Skills (researches):
  • Structural Insight: appears twice, once as a T3 Rogue spell, once as a T3 Secret spell. This shouldn't be a problem; however, looking for their location, I found both a Skills_Imperator.xml and a Skills_Dreadnought.xml!
  • Resurrect: a T6 Creation spell that heals 50% HP on allied target unit. Looks okay (1600 RP, 20 CP). RAISE_DEAD in Spec_Creation.xml. Only, it isn't said to not work during naval battles.
  • True Resurrect, Greater Resurrect: I suspect quite a mess. To begin with: (both heal 100% HP, the former works on non-MCI enemies as well)
    • Greater Resurrect/True Resurrect in BAL_ABILITIES are said to be of class Secret T6, aren't they Theocrat spells instead?
    • What about the (old?) secret spell, if any (Secret T6, 25 CP)? Do non Theocrat players receive True Resurrect or Greater Resurrect?

2) Unit abilities:
  • Path of Decay/Frost/Life: new versions and icons, but old versions remain as well.
  • Seduce/Lesser Seduce, Convert/Lesser Convert: have same icons whereas other pairs have slightly different icons.
  • Befriend/Lesser Befriend: displays the attack strength in the title as well, whereas other conversion abilities don't.
  • Lesser Mighty Meek: "gains +1 for each..." -> "gains +1 [physical] for each..." (see Mighty Meek: " gains +1 strength on all damage channel..."). It looks like the replacer '[physical/]' doesn't work. A typo?
  • Healing (+20 HP), Despaired: appear twice.
  • Faerie Fire: appear thrice with 5/5/5, 3/3/3, 4/4/4 damage... not to be pernickety, but they could be perhaps ordonned as e.g. 5/5/5, 4/4/4, 3/3/3.

3) Locations:

Many double entries, perhaps because of Shadow Realm?
  • All Mana Nodes
  • Pillar of the Stylites, Crypt of Unlife: seem okay (one requires vanilla site, one requires Syron site)
  • Mithril Mine: one unlocks Mithril Armory, one doesn't.
  • Well of Souls: one with old description, one with newest.
    • Altar of Bound Souls
    • Arcane Catalyst
    • Castle of the Lich King
    • Celestial Pool (two different icons, though)
    • Enchanted Tree
    • Flowrock Citadel
    • Flowrock Quarry
    • Focus Chamber
    • Forbidden Sanctum
    • Haunted Boneyard
    • Library of Dark Arts
    • Monument of the Ashen Rose
    • Necromantic Circle
    • Vault of Knowledge
    • ... of Ghrauth
    • Wizard Tower Ruins
4) Units:
  • Tame Troll: Tamed Troll?

Last edited:
Volunteer:
A reward Troll affected by both Sustainable Warfare and Bringer of Goodwill has a 4 gold upkeep, which is correct (16*0.5*0.5).
However, on its unit panel, I read: "Volunteer (-50% Upkeep) [source: Sustainable Warfare, Bringer of Goodwill]"

Couldn't we have: "Volunteer x2 (-50% Upkeep) [source: Sustainable Warfare, Bringer of Goodwill]"?
Because in this case, they stack.

Last edited:
Correct Necromancer's building names:

It's about Saxon genitive.
We have Builders' Hall, Masters' Guild, and Riders' Hall.

However, we also have:
Harvesters Guild
Embalmers Guild

The mod could correct these names to:
Harvesters' Guild
Embalmers' Guild

I can do the change in parallel to my translation work, if you agree.