• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pheonicia

General
88 Badges
Feb 2, 2015
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
I figured I might as well make a thread for here, since people will likely have the same questions.

Starting off, does the treacherous heir event, where your heir gets caught trying to kill you and runs off to the next players court, add your heir's traits into the other player's bag? The wording on the card is a little ambiguous.

Edited thread title as the game is CK not CK2 :D

I also have a question about setting up the game for the first time which I had some problem with. Of course, after reviewing the manual again I think I have the solution but I would like to confirm my conclusions.
My problem was with differentiating the different tokens - Starting, Event, Crusade, Random.
After looking again in the manual I noticed the following:
Starting - bordered in gold.
Event - bordered in silver.
Crusade - bordered in black
Random - bordered in green/red according to positive/negative.

So, I would appreciate confirmation and this might help others who missed the differences.

I also have a question about setting up the game for the first time which I had some problem with. Of course, after reviewing the manual again I think I have the solution but I would like to confirm my conclusions.
My problem was with differentiating the different tokens - Starting, Event, Crusade, Random.

So, I would appreciate confirmation and this might help others who missed the differences.

A bit late of a response, but I can confirm this from my time playing.

I figured I might as well make a thread for here, since people will likely have the same questions.

Starting off, does the treacherous heir event, where your heir gets caught trying to kill you and runs off to the next players court, add your heir's traits into the other player's bag? The wording on the card is a little ambiguous.

Yes. But a variant in our game is that we let him live and is a member of that court.

Yes. When setting up the game, use the "starting tokens" for each of the kings. Whenever an EVENT mentions a trait token, you take the token from the Silver pile. You take Crusade Traits from the Black bordered pile. And all the "non-bordered" tokens are the RANDOM ones that are put in the large bag to be pulled when directed.

I am new, please help me. I recently got the viceroyal law for the first time, but my problem is sometime i can grant land title as normal, some other time i can only grant viceroyal (minorviceroyal), why is that?

I am new, please help me. I recently got the viceroyal law for the first time, but my problem is sometime i can grant land title as normal, some other time i can only grant viceroyal (minorviceroyal), why is that?
You're probably looking for the ck2 subforum. This is for the board game.