• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Everything is proceeding according to plan…

I have more power, now.Mwahahaha.

OOC: I’m getting Palpatine vibes. Does Star Wars exist in this universe? Because if it does, it can’t be widely watched, or the outcome of this will have been realized already…

Mm, drastic action seems to be required.

If humans are smart they'll revive the emp tech from earlier generations, they are going to need it.

Love how you had the XO realize something was up by noticing human behavior in an alien subordinate. That's great.

I was going to reveal that Agent Williams had given her an extended lifespan (playing into what exactly he himself is), but that works too. In fact, this allows me to do something...

As Agent Williams watched Kimberly retreat into another room following her speech, he noticed some...irregularities in her mannerisms. He'd been protecting her for twenty years before the accident, and she'd never had tremors in her hands like that. She also blinked unnaturally regularly. There were also some inaccuracies in her health scans. The terminal cancer she had just been diagnosed with before the accident was gone. Maybe he had healed it, but he wasn't as good as he used to be, not after what happened before. Come to think about it, he couldn't recall that much about the accident. What happened there?

He stood suspiciously long, to the point where the XO looked up from his first sip and said: "Any thing I can do for you, Fargus? Is your station in an uncharted part of this bridge?"
"Madame President, we are about an hour from Forsteria," he reported, "We should be dropping out of hyperspace in ten minutes."
But wasn't Kimberly asleep at that point? And how was he on the bridge instead of in the living quarters? Something wasn't right about his memories. They didn't add up. This had never happened to him.
"Why don't you tell me what the hell you are," the XO said slowly, taking the pistol out from behind his back. "You aren't Fargus."
At that moment, the ship shook, as if something had exploded. The lights flickered, and Kimberly momentarily felt weightless, as if the artificial gravity had failed for a second. Williams noticed it too, the color draining from his face.
But he didn't remember the gravity failing. In fact, it was perfectly intact.

With lightning speed, Fargus produced two guns from seemingly nowhere, aiming one at the XO and the other at Tilder. Shots range out in the small bridge, and Fargus and the XO hit the floor, blood splattering the clean white walls. The shot meant for Tilder missed, showering the man in sparks from his now flaming work station. From the other side of the bridge, the secondary CommO Hackets shouted, before Yanden produced a gun as well, shooting him through the head. Tilder lunged for the XO's gun, now on the floor nearby, but a second shot from Yanden ended him.

"011, what damage?" said Yanden.

"Minimal, but this species' legs do not appear to work from a shot to the cordial capsule," said Fargus, crawling toward the captain's chair. "Comm the rest. Tell them to start. We must prepare the ship for stealth."
"Madame President, stay right here," Williams said, drawing his gun.
He left the office and locked the door behind him. Advancing down the hallway, he arrived at where the press correspondents sat, but they were dead. He didn't hear any gunshots while he was in the office, and they were alive when he passed by on his way there. That meant someone must've gassed them. He took out a communicator.
"This is Williams," he said, "Requesting backup. We may have a killer onboard."
Nobody responded. All he heard was static. He put away the communicator just as he heard a rustle behind him. He spun around just as a bodyguard lunged at him with a long knife. He dodged the knife and shot him with an energy bolt. The rogue bodyguard staggered back and stared at him, his eyes glowing deep red.
"You can't stop It," he said.
"Oh, hell no, not this madness again," Williams said, shooting him twice to finally kill him.
Were there two groups working on Space Force One at the same time? The cultists were definitely there. But who were the hijackers on the bridge?

Throughout the rest of the ship, androids entered sleeping chambers, rec rooms, and lounges, killing the crew members found. The guards were dealt with from within, one infiltrated guard turning on the rest. Finally, only the President in her chambers was left. She did not wake when her doors slid open. She did not wake when the androids stopped in front of her bed. It was only the split second before the blade slit her throat that her eyes flew open.

"It's me!" Williams said.
"What's going on?" Kimberly said.
"The Resolution is firing on us," Williams said, "We can't hold them off. It appears they're after you."
"What?!" Kimberly said.
"We can't stay on this ship," Williams said.
"Then I'll detach this module as an escape pod," Kimberly said.
"They'll shoot it down too," Williams said.
"What do you suggest?" Kimberly said.
"They want you dead," Williams said, "They won't stop until you are."
"I don't really follow, Mr. Williams," Kimberly said.
"You have to trust me on this one," Williams said, "It may sound crazy, but it's our only option."
On the Resolution, Captain Sanderson, his eyes red, watched as an antimatter missile struck and destroyed Space Force One. He swore he saw a flash of white light coming from the president's office shortly before the missile hit, but it was probably just a trick of the eye. With that solved, all he had to do now was eliminate the remaining witnesses. Communications had already been jammed. He activated the battleship's selfdestruct system.
Stumbling into an alley, Agent Williams clutched his head. He couldn't reconcile the two narratives in his mind. One of them had to be real, the other false. But they were both equally real. What was going on? He never felt like this before. Something had been done to him on that ship. Androids and cultists had both attacked it at the same time, but the androids won and killed Kimberly. The cultists on the Resolution then destroyed the ship, or at least tried to. But what about him? What did he do? How did he fail? How did they defeat him? How did he get off the ship? And who was the old woman who just spoke to the cameras?

He looked up and saw Kimberly standing behind him, flanked by several androids.

"You figured us out," she said, shaking her head, "Again."

"Sort of," Williams said, "What did they do to you?"

"Nothing that wasn't of my own free will," Kimberly said, "My old body was decaying. I saw an opportunity to live on. To continue the work. You can't stop the work."

"I was going to help you," Williams said, "Don't you remember what I told you? About who I am? I could've helped you. I really could've."

"I don't remember," Kimberly said, "Your memory's probably messed up. It took a beating on that ship."

"What did you do to me?" Williams demanded.

"What was necessary to continue the work," Kimberly said, "I apologize. But neither of us are human. We shouldn't keep pretending to be."

"You don't know who I really am," Williams realized, "I never told you."

"On the contrary, I do," Kimberly said, "You're an angel named Wilhelm. Or at least you call yourself that. I prefer the term 'noncorporeal higher dimensional energy being'."

"What are you going to do to me?" Wilhelm said.

"Reset you," Kimberly said, "Again."

The androids advanced. Wilhelm concentrated, trying to teleport away. But he couldn't. He tried waving his hands to stop the androids, but they continued their march.

"Don't even try it," Kimberly said, "We've prepared for every contingency. Because the work can't be stopped."

"This isn't you, Kimberly!" Wilhelm said. "This isn't your fight! What's important are those cultists! They're the real threat! Recognize that!"

"Oh, we do recognize them," Kimberly said, "We have a contingency plan for them. But you...you make too much trouble."

The androids surrounded Wilhelm...

So an Android eh. That works. But why? And by whom? And why now?

Because artificial life is just better. And we're all working together in a vast conspiracy.

Also zen...what on earth is it with you and cultists?

Because artificial life is just better. And we're all working together in a vast conspiracy.

Also zen...what on earth is it with you and cultists?
WHAT WAS SHALL BE WHAT SHALL BE WAS

WHAT WAS SHALL BE WHAT SHALL BE WAS

You know one day I'm going to do that Vicky 2 mod where you can play as the cult of Cthulhu and take over the world as an AAR and you'll be right there in the comments warning everyone of dangerous 'democratic cults' with 'morality' and 'niceness'...

Everything is proceeding according to plan…

I have more power, now.Mwahahaha.

OOC: I’m getting Palpatine vibes. Does Star Wars exist in this universe? Because if it does, it can’t be widely watched, or the outcome of this will have been realized already…

It does indeed, but it lost all popularity nearly 386 years ago.

Mm, drastic action seems to be required.

How drastic can it get? ...

If humans are smart they'll revive the emp tech from earlier generations, they are going to need it.

emp = Empire. confirmed.

Love how you had the XO realize something was up by noticing human behavior in an alien subordinate. That's great.

Thanks! Androids were programmed to exhibit many human characteristics, such as hand and head gestures. I felt it was a neat way for him to realize something was up.

I was going to reveal that Agent Williams had given her an extended lifespan (playing into what exactly he himself is), but that works too. In fact, this allows me to do something...

As Agent Williams watched Kimberly retreat into another room following her speech, he noticed some...irregularities in her mannerisms. He'd been protecting her for twenty years before the accident, and she'd never had tremors in her hands like that. She also blinked unnaturally regularly. There were also some inaccuracies in her health scans. The terminal cancer she had just been diagnosed with before the accident was gone. Maybe he had healed it, but he wasn't as good as he used to be, not after what happened before. Come to think about it, he couldn't recall that much about the accident. What happened there?

But wasn't Kimberly asleep at that point? And how was he on the bridge instead of in the living quarters? Something wasn't right about his memories. They didn't add up. This had never happened to him.

But he didn't remember the gravity failing. In fact, it was perfectly intact.

Were there two groups working on Space Force One at the same time? The cultists were definitely there. But who were the hijackers on the bridge?

Stumbling into an alley, Agent Williams clutched his head. He couldn't reconcile the two narratives in his mind. One of them had to be real, the other false. But they were both equally real. What was going on? He never felt like this before. Something had been done to him on that ship. Androids and cultists had both attacked it at the same time, but the androids won and killed Kimberly. The cultists on the Resolution then destroyed the ship, or at least tried to. But what about him? What did he do? How did he fail? How did they defeat him? How did he get off the ship? And who was the old woman who just spoke to the cameras?

He looked up and saw Kimberly standing behind him, flanked by several androids.

"You figured us out," she said, shaking her head, "Again."

"Sort of," Williams said, "What did they do to you?"

"Nothing that wasn't of my own free will," Kimberly said, "My old body was decaying. I saw an opportunity to live on. To continue the work. You can't stop the work."

"I was going to help you," Williams said, "Don't you remember what I told you? About who I am? I could've helped you. I really could've."

"I don't remember," Kimberly said, "Your memory's probably messed up. It took a beating on that ship."

"What did you do to me?" Williams demanded.

"What was necessary to continue the work," Kimberly said, "I apologize. But neither of us are human. We shouldn't keep pretending to be."

"You don't know who I really am," Williams realized, "I never told you."

"On the contrary, I do," Kimberly said, "You're an angel named Wilhelm. Or at least you call yourself that. I prefer the term 'noncorporeal higher dimensional energy being'."

"What are you going to do to me?" Wilhelm said.

"Reset you," Kimberly said, "Again."

The androids advanced. Wilhelm concentrated, trying to teleport away. But he couldn't. He tried waving his hands to stop the androids, but they continued their march.

"Don't even try it," Kimberly said, "We've prepared for every contingency. Because the work can't be stopped."

"This isn't you, Kimberly!" Wilhelm said. "This isn't your fight! What's important are those cultists! They're the real threat! Recognize that!"

"Oh, we do recognize them," Kimberly said, "We have a contingency plan for them. But you...you make too much trouble."

The androids surrounded Wilhelm...

What the hell is going on anymore!

So an Android eh. That works. But why? And by whom? And why now?

I'll do you one better. Why is an Android?

You know one day I'm going to do that Vicky 2 mod where you can play as the cult of Cthulhu and take over the world as an AAR and you'll be right there in the comments warning everyone of dangerous 'democratic cults' with 'morality' and 'niceness'...

I'd read that.

I'll definitely read that. Bonus points if you combine it with Apocalypse 1836.
What the hell is going on anymore!
I thought you knew.:p

@zenphoenix just to clarify this Wilhelm is the same one as the Wilhelm in your AAR, right?

@zenphoenix just to clarify this Wilhelm is the same one as the Wilhelm in your AAR, right?
That's what I'm getting at, yes. Just at a different point in his life in relation to where he is now in my AAR. I won't say when exactly because I literally don't know as he's shown up in other AARs (both existing and planned) as well.

I'm sure you know,but just to clarify - emp = electromagnetic pulse. Fries all unshielded electronics.

I'm sure you know,but just to clarify - emp = electromagnetic pulse. Fries all unshielded electronics.

Yes, but, empire is so much better. Who can resist a piece of that wrinkle-headed emperor?

Chapter 15: Overlord
Chapter 15 - 2405 to 2408: Overlord

In the weeks leading up to the Righteous Rebellion, protests raged across the Federation. With the declared Executive Powers, these protests are crushed in days, and a media blackout is initiated in certain "precarious" planets. Staff changes occur swiftly on a wide scale, and those councilors who seemed most opposed to executive powers disappear from the political arena. In their places are little known councilors, who are strangely without a social life and with little to no emotion present on their faces. In addition to this, and far from the public's eye, new robotic armies are put into production. thousands of killing machines, sentient but obedient, roll off the production lines and form the ranks of the new grand Roboid Army. The first few Roboids begin to leave Earth.

As the war stands, the Righteous Rebellion has three fleets of moderate power, one in each of the three inhabited systems. The Federation's 3rd Fleet is sent to the Beta Caeli to deal with the rebel main fleet, which is currently bombarding the defense platforms in the system. 1st Fleet was in Irass when the conflict began, so it will be several months before it arrives. The Titan Valkyrie is retreating back to the Sol system for repairs and to regroup with 2nd Fleet.

XR2n3pz.jpg

Beta Caeli falls after a short stand against the rebels, but by the end of October, it is occupied. Several more ships join with the rebel fleet before 3rd Fleet arrives under the command of Admiral Tara TBC.

A stupendous space battle breaks out when the two fleets meet, and at first victory seems certain for the Federation.

3J5ohGm.jpg

That is, until a second rebel fleet arrives, and the scales even out. And a third arrives not long after. Things look dark for 3rd Fleet, and they retreat after sustaining huge casualties. The first battle of the rebellion is a defeat, and it shocks the administration, but with media blackout now across over half of the Federation, very little news of the battle reaches the public's ears.

C4fB3xg.jpg

HcjncQR.jpg

One of the rebels returns to the Norgon system for repairs, while another moves to the Tibbacor system.

2nd Fleet arrives in Beta Caeli to an empty system. The station is occupied in a few days, and the Norgon system is the next target. 2nd Fleet moves on to take down the rebel fleet stationed there.

All alone, the rebel ships are destroyed one after another, until the remnants flee back to Kiram. Now Forsteria is put under siege. Unfortunately for the Federation, and lucky for the rebellion, the main ground forces training centers were on Kiram and Saxon, which are now under rebel control, so the armies of the Federation are lacking significantly.

HlTsZqn.jpg

1st Fleet arrives in Beta Caeli just as the main rebel fleet returns. The enemy fleet has since repaired and gained reinforcements to replace lost ships. Still, the Federation comes out on top, but it is a hard fought victory. A dozen rebel corvettes, several destroyers, a cruiser, and a battleship are destroyed, but at the cost of four Federation ships.

X0WbxGU.jpg

The second rebel fleet arrives too late to save their comrades, and the battered Federation ships engage.

kIopmIz.jpg

They are crushed as well, losing half of their forces. This time, seven Federation vessels are lost.

A week later, they return. What is left of their crumbling fleet focuses entirely on destroying the Titan Enterprise.

As the enemy fleet jumps into the system, every ship's power core is focused on keeping their shields up for as long as possible. They close in on the Federation fleet, the corvettes in the front taking the brunt force of the missiles, lasers, and kinetic projectiles fired their way. As the distance shortens, nearly half of the corvettes are gone. At long last, Admiral Obr-Lend shouts "Now!"

The dozen or so cruisers, destroyers, and battleships let loose every ounce of firepower they possess toward the Enterprise. The lasers and projectiles blast a hole through the shield long enough for over fifty missiles to collide with the Titan's port side. Explosions rock the frame, and flames and expanding air rush through the corridors. The blast doors are too slow, and the explosions reach the stern, igniting the fuel reserves. The Enterprise collapses in a blindingly bright burst of fire and debris. Ten thousand lives are gone in a matter of seconds.

Y6jJGov.jpg

The last few seconds before destruction

Particles and chunks of spaceship accelerated to tremendous speeds pelt the other Federation ships, destroying several corvettes and destroyers and one battleship. The remainder of the rebel fleet tries to flee, but only a few escape back to Kiram. Admiral Obr-Lend's flagship is among them.

The siege of Forsteria has been going on for over a year, and the destruction is unimaginable. The entire capital city of Agraria is in ruins, and the death toll from that bombardment alone is well into the millions. Across the planet, most of the other major cities have been spared, but every military base has been reduced to ash.

Al8iGOg.jpg

Agraria

As the residents of one intact city looks up at the night sky, they see a monstrously huge spaceship enter orbit. Usually, a rudimentary telescope at least would be needed to spot a spacecraft from the surface, but not this one. A large main structure with a gaping mouth on the front, through which streams a bright and merciless light, is aimed directly at the planet. It has miles long arms extending to either side and a rotating ring connecting the two. It is the Overlord.

n1IDuw5.jpg

The beast does nothing but orbit. Instead, the first of the Roboid Armies of the Federation lands on the now poorly defended planet and wipe out all resistance. They are an unstoppable force, and it takes just days for the planet to fall. It is a good thing, too. Overlord's mouth dims, as Forsteria surrenders.

QAzR3Wo.jpg

Meanwhile, 3rd Fleet occupies the Ruthauri system and places New Irass under siege. The bombardment on this planet is much more merciful, targeted entirely at military bases.

COLu2ln.jpg

The remnants of the rebel fleet jumps into the Avim system, which houses Phoenix, and destroys the small defensive Federation forces.

C4zPDiw.jpg

2nd Fleet with the Valkyrie, arrives in Kiram in late 2407. This time, there is no ultimatum for surrender. Since the start of hostilities, Veritati Star Base has been upgraded and armed to a massive extent. The rebels also left a small fleet to aid in the base's defense.

KJrFsNI.jpg

Five Federation ships are lost, but the enemy fleet is destroyed entirely, killing the famed Admiral Obr-Lend. Veritati Star Base, the birthplace of the Righteous Rebellion, is occupied. Neither Zen nor any other rebel leaders are found, and the rebel survivors discovered in the base are gunned down. 2nd Fleet splits in two, and Saxon and Kiram are placed under siege.

hkncHll.jpg

Avim falls before 1st Fleet can arrive to destroy the last of the rebel ships. The rebels leave the system well before Admiral TBC enters, jumping instead to Sirius. It is the beginning of a wild goose chase. At the beginning of the war, President HistoryDude made it an objective to capture Kimberly Zen alive. Now, his military advisers and Defense Secretary tell him they are fairly certain that Zen is on the last remaining rebel fleet.

j0PihpP.jpg

Above Kiram, the Overlord arrives, its mouth bright.

tVMqXPe.jpg

Saxon and Kiram are messaged to surrender or face certain death, but the rebel leaders left in charge of the planets refuse; they were given strict orders to resist capitulation for as long as possible, and the majority Screk population are almost entirely supportive of that decision. Little do they know that the Overlord is not something that can be resisted.

Commander Orthall of the Overlord receives the message on August 5th of 2408:

Execute Kiram

That is all. By his right hand on the main console is the first button. The other is to his left, where his XO stands. In front of each button is a scanner.

"It's time. XO Clabits, if you would." The Commander places his hand on his scanner, and it turns green. He reaches toward the button, but then he notices the XO not copying his actions. "Clabits. The orders." He presses manipulates his console as though he thinks his second in command does not believe him and a hologram of the message appears.

"Commander," the XO starts, "I think we need to confirm the validity of such a command. Just in case."

Everyone on the bridge is silent, watching the human and the Cirrulan. Orthall says nothing for almost a full minute. Then he sits back on his chair. The XO remains standing, since it is physically impossible for a Cirrulan to sit.

"Alright. I'm responding, asking for confirmation. Request the order on the most secure network," he says to the CommO. "Once we receive confirmation, we will execute the order."

The CommO speaks quietly into her headset after manipulating her console. Then she says, "It will take approximately five minutes to reach Earth, and then another five to receive the response, Capt--- Commander." She was previously assigned to a corvette in 1st Fleet and has yet to get used to her new commanding officer's rank.

It is a tense and quiet ten minutes, and they all watch the feed of the planet, which is no longer under bombardment. Smoke can be seen in the atmosphere above the most recently attacked locations, and the night side of the planet is mostly dark. Finally, the CommO's console beeps, and she transfers the message to the Commander:

Confirmed - Execute Kiram

The Commander nods his head slightly and stands back up. "Confirmed. XO, let's paint 'em." He places his hand once more on the screen, while the XO places one of his front limbs. They each light up green, then, holding each other's gaze, they press their buttons.

The central hull begins to shake as the rings turn, first slowly and then faster and faster.

Clabits sighs, then turns and leaves the bridge. Orthall just sits back down, an unsettling triumphant look on his face. One member of the crew has to stifle his sobs in a fiber cloth, and he quickly stands up and follows the XO out.

The people in the capital city Scarcask are blinded. An all encompassing blue light has engulfed the city, a beam that tears through the atmosphere and can be seen from thousands of miles away.

NiEZHGC.jpg

RIP Kiram.

I just want to say that Kimberly isn't going to be captured that easily...

So, does the Death Star, oops, Overlord destroy the planet completely or just make it barren?

Holy Shit! They have a death star and an admiral thrawn (Admiral TBC) stand in? The empire is going to win this...

Also, a dark TBC family member. Hmm...well This isn't good for the galaxy. Wonder what the rest of the family is doing considering that aside from Zen, they're the biggest players in the Federstion outside of the Government. And mr clever, of course.

mr clever is probably having a field day with his own doomsday weapon.

I wonder what the Think Tank thinks (heh) about this...