• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured this might be an appropriate place to post this considering the title. So anyway Mitch did a QandA on friday and the last question was about multiplayer. His answer was that they "lost" theyre Multiplayer Engineer. Thats it no who, when, why, how just that they lost the person. I am ASSUMING it was before they announced that multiplayer would be barebones during the kickstarter. Shot in the dark here but if they havent found a new one by now then they never will, assuming of course they were looking in the first place. Anyway was a very vague answer which struck me as strange. Your thoughts?

I figured this might be an appropriate place to post this considering the title. So anyway Mitch did a QandA on friday and the last question was about multiplayer. His answer was that they "lost" theyre Multiplayer Engineer. Thats it no who, when, why, how just that they lost the person. I am ASSUMING it was before they announced that multiplayer would be barebones during the kickstarter. Shot in the dark here but if they havent found a new one by now then they never will, assuming of course they were looking in the first place. Anyway was a very vague answer which struck me as strange. Your thoughts?
You assumption I think would be wrong, given that I'm pretty sure Bitmuse was their MP engineer, and was active-ish interacting with the community up until sometime after launch, either before, or just after FP's release.

Huh interesting didnt know that. Well if thats the case then who knows what happened. If he wasnt gone until around FP's release then Multiplayer just wasnt on HBSs' radar. Somebody beat me to it and threw up a question for elaboration on the engineer thing for next weeks QandA.

Huh interesting didnt know that. Well if thats the case then who knows what happened. If he wasnt gone until around FP's release then Multiplayer just wasnt on HBSs' radar.
So again, bitmuse was active-ish with the community, asking for feedback and ideas on what would be good for multiplayer. To say multiplayer wasn't on HBS's radar is a bit of a stretch. Does it appear to be a priority at the moment? unfortunately no, but only because they haven't hired a MP engineer again.

"...what would be good for multiplayer..." I haven't been able to get a game that connects to another person in months. Let's say we start there. This is INFURIATING. I regret buying Urban Warfare. I'm not spending another dollar with these clowns until something is done about MP connectivity. They should be ashamed to have a feature to their game that is literally unplayable.

I tried Multiplayer with a friend. After 2 hours of fiddling around with paradox account creation and synchronizing our mods I had to learn that mods are not possible at all in multiplayer.

OK, we switched off the mods a finally could start a match. But after a few turns my friend got a disconnect. 2nd match after a few turns I got a disconnect. Reconnect was not possible. In a turn based game?

This was very disappointing... and the funny thing is, that HBS changed a lot of the original tabletop rules with multiplayer in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.