• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lots of great stuff in the free 1.6 update, though only Kiva and PrussianHavok are looking forward to the new battle mission changes. Wow those look tough.
Maybe a few others are looking forward to them besides those two :)

The Attack/Defend missions do look tough, but also really fun.

Bought it on GoG.com at the beginning of this month - look forward to it.
May start a new game by then - lost my drive when my Ironman crashed.
Need still not to play through all the Arano Story bcs i lose my interest when i have "ended" a game... :D

Want more Hardcore Economy and way more lighter tonnage missions (much more Medium Mech action) bcs i really dont see Heavys and Assaults as much in numbers out there but as "Bosses" that appear in some of the Mission stages as obstacle to overcome and give the Player a Feeling about having accomplished something special instead of tedious grinding through more and more metal...

Instead i would wish for more granular and diverse weaponry and maintenance Levels of Mechs - it should be really hard to keep a Mech in pristine condition out there and especially that in the Periphery.

Time will tell...

And will this Urban Warfare apply to the base campaign and add city scape tile sets to the missions?

On the third Livestream both missions they played were attack/defend base, one in a desert biome and one in the city.
Yes, but that doesn't mean it is or isn't exclusive to UW.

Given Attack/Defend is listed on the UW steam page I think it's exclusive to the DLC. Like how TA contracts aren't exclusive to Tropical biomes but are exclusive to FP owners.

Kinda bummed that the "vanilla" campaign/career mode won't get the nifty cityscapes that are in UW but then if they did, you wouldn't need to buy UW so I can understand. :)

While it's a copious amount of work, it would be neat if you DID purchase UW, then all the other stuff got upgraded. But something tells me the person that would have to do that coding and such wouldn't think it was neat. And probably, would not look very favorably upon me for suggesting it. :)

Just rewatched the start of the stream, Attack/Defend is UW exclusive. The Battle Plus is a new encounter included with the 1.6 update everyone gets. I had them wrong way around.

Just rewatched the start of the stream, Attack/Defend is UW exclusive. The Battle Plus is a new encounter included with the 1.6 update everyone gets. I had them wrong way around.

So, if my understanding of your wording is correct, @Eelectrica, this Three-way Battle will be a different type of mission from the standard Battle mission type, which patch 1.6 will add to the current Mission Types pool so that we'll have both standard Battle mission type's contracts as well as Three-way Battle mission type's contracts available, isn't it?

Has there been any word on which mechs (besides the Raven variants) will get access to EW?
This is a concern for me.
I am hoping that there is a variety of mechs - a few for each weight class at least.

I believe the way it was described in the livestream was the Raven will be the only Mech with BOTH Active probe and the hiding one I can't remember the name of, any other mech can be equipped with one or the other. I'm thinking they're making it a head slot only device, but that is not confirmed.

Both Guardian ECM and Beagle Active Probe? And the Raven as only one? I guess this will be fitting, as this was the first mech to return with those items into the 3025 universe.
I would be more glad, if the mech gain would not have been so tiny. 'only' 2 light mechs. Both are very cool. The Raven reminds me of my Mechcommander times and the Javelin is just a fluffy stock breed for Federated Suns. We get some variants which seems to qualify for 'new mechs'. Let us be surprised. Still no vehicle assets usable by the player as it seems.

Last edited:
Maybe one day the Cataphract 0X could be added since it is the only other mech with the Raven 1X's Electronic Warfare Equipment (ECM/BAP). At least a variant of the Cataphract already exists in the game, so that is a plus. The 0X did also have some sort of Remote Sensor Dispenser, however I could see that being left out of the game so as to not require a new piece of equipment be implemented, and jusr for one mech. Maybe give it extra heat sinks or ammo or something instead.

Has there been any word on which mechs (besides the Raven variants) will get access to EW?
This is a concern for me.
I am hoping that there is a variety of mechs - a few for each weight class at least.
As I've understood it, there's just the Raven that has the EWE (Electronic Warfare Equipment, functions like a combination ECM + Active Probe, but at reduced range).

The Packrat scout vehicle will have a "prototype ECM unit", and the Rotunda will have a "prototype Active Probe".

Apart from that, I do think that the "prototype ECM unit", whatever it is, and the "prototype Active Probe" will be equipment that can be salvaged and put in 'Mechs. The EWE I think will stay RVN-1X exclusive.

According to Mitch on the second live stream, you will be able to equip one or the other on any mech, the Raven is the only one that has both.

And I like some of the new variants, like the laser BJ.