Extreme Mysteries - Xerum 525 and Die Glocke

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They were on a lot of drugs and/or were stupid.

Why are you interested in the thoughts of drugged up morons?
Those drugged up morons plunged the world into the defining conflict of the modern era. That conflict defined not only the world we live in but the persona of everyone here discussing this topic. While I have always heard about some of the more obscure aspects of nazi Germany I haven't read any serious history on the topic and would very much like to inform myself.

Those drugged up morons plunged the world into the defining conflict of the modern era. That conflict defined not only the world we live in but the persona of everyone here discussing this topic. While I have always heard about some of the more obscure aspects of nazi Germany I haven't read any serious history on the topic and would very much like to inform myself.
Sure tells you a lot about the fragility of democracy.

Sure tells you a lot about the fragility of democracy.

Democracy is fragile.

The Nazis were drugged up morons.

Therefore, under no circumstances should we attempt to understand how the cult leader of the millenium and his wacked out esoteric band of druggies subverted and took control of perhaps the most scientifically advanced and intellectual democracy on earth at the time; driving the world to kill one another at a pace unseen before in human history.

Your logic escapes me.

Last edited:
Democracy is fragile.

The Nazis were drugged up morons.

Therefore, under no circumstances should we attempt to understand how the cult leader of the millenium and his wacked out esoteric band of druggies subverted and took control of perhaps the most scientifically advanced and intellectual democracy on earth at the time; driving the world to kill one another at a pace unseen before in human history.

Your logic escapes me.
not in lunatic time travel nazi wizard thread.

not in lunatic time travel nazi wizard thread.

I don't have any interest in discussing Die Glocke. Pure Ancient Aliens, an interesting question followed by a lot of speculation. Very unsatisfying.

While stacking pejoratives in front of the word Nazi is not an argument, I do agree a serious discussion of the topic Dr. Kill wants to discuss could not find a worse example for a title than this one.

Other than that, it might be real it might not. Find it, then get back to me.

Last edited:

There isn't really anything serious on this. All the Nazi Flying Saucer / Moonbase / Extradimensional Time Machine stuff develops after the Second World War, when public fascination with the Third Reich gets tied to the UFO and alien crazes of the 50s and 60s. It then gets progressively weirder with each reiteration up to the present, as the ideas bounce around conspiracy theorist echo chambers. So it's not really something that even the whackiest prominent Nazis were thinking about, and you won't find any serious historiography on it - although given that there is quite a bit of academic study of conspiracy theorists at the moment, there might be something written on how these myths have developed over the latter half of the twentieth century.

In terms of related things that are documented from the time - there are some attempts to harness solar rays as a weapon (which obviously don't work), but that's about as weird as the Wunderwaffe programmes seem to have got. Pretty much everything else were elaborations on standard mid-20th century technology (rockets, jet engines, big tanks, helicopters, nuclear weapons, etc...).

And there are quite a few serious books on Nazi occultism and interest in magic - although the less sensationialist versions of these tend to either argue that it was (a) a fairly fringe thing, even with the weirder reaches of the Nazi party, or (b) not too much out of line with more general interest in the paranormal and exotic in the 30s and 40s.

Last edited:
wallpaper-2397564_zps1ripgexd.jpg

We shoud accept that Nazi Punk is its own genre.

The Men Who Stare at Goats is a good review of the wacky (and occasionally deeply sinister) world of marginal military research in the US. Given the nature of the Nazi state I would be frankly surprised if someone wasn't researching something deeply fringe in an at least semi-official capacity.

Given the small cost to a massive economy like Germany's of a few a individuals doing this sort of research, and given that something like quantum mechanics is entirely indecipherable to a layman, it is probably worth having a few individuals doing this kind of research as it is probably cheaper and easier to support a small fringe than to shoot down possibly revolutionary developments just because you can't understand it. The difference between crazy and revolutionary can be hard to tell apart without hindsight (sometimes). Indeed, philosophers of science struggle to produce a satisfactory definition of science that both excludes things we don't consider science without excluding things we do.

So, did the Nazis build (or try to build) a time machine? Hell no. Was there someone trying to produce strong electromagnetic fields and plasmas to see if they could find something that could be used for a weapon, or drawing up plans for flying saucers to see if they could build better planes? Most likely yes. Was someone trying to see if time behaved normally in extreme situations (such as strong fields)? Almost certainly yes.

I'm convinced. Paradox has to include this in HoI4.

Well unlike you guys I killed Hitler as soon as Wolfenstein 3D so I don’t need to return to Castle Wolfenstein because I botched the job the first time or worse see the Nazis occupying the world.

Everyone keeps talking about that game, and I don't think I've ever seen it played. I blame my complete dislike of first person shooters.
It's not my genre either, but the worldbuilding makes it more than worth it. It's hell of a ride to see all those projects for Berlin, crazy stuff like a Gibraltar Bride, and others I won't spoil. The bang bang is fun too.

There are a few neat FPS like Deus Ex which Andre would love storywise and No one lives forever which was hilariously awesome.
Otherwise its a weird genre with boring games for me.

There are a few neat FPS like Deus Ex which Andre would love storywise and No one lives forever which was hilariously awesome.
Otherwise its a weird genre with boring games for me.
Come on. STALKER ?

It's worth it with the right mods

Plenty of legendary computer games would make a great esoteric mods and make HOI IV more realistic . . .

HOI IV: The Masquerade - Dietrich Eckhart's Revenge

HOI IV: Starcraft II - The Black Sun of Alderberan

HOI IV: Castle Wolfenstein - murder your way to the North Tower crypt at Wewelsburg

HOI IV: Railroad Simulator - Operation Heydrich

HOI IV: Escape Room - Walk the Ratline and get that Red Cross Visa to freedom

HOI IV: Tropico - Caravan of Death

I think that is the order the DLC should be released.