Extreme Mysteries - Xerum 525 and Die Glocke

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jopa79

Lt. General
48 Badges
Aug 14, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
220px-Pouring_liquid_mercury_bionerd.jpg

This is ordinary mercury in liquid form. It's said that Xerum-525 is mercury-like substance, violet in color.

Popular culture knows many stories and theories of possible Nazi relations to various occult traditions. The existence of Xerum-525 is one of the most interesting of these speculations. According to the contemporaries Xerum-525 in liquid form was a mercury-like and violet or red in color and its use as a 'fuel' enabled the most hidden and secret Nazi-technology, Wunderwaffe - Die Glocke.

450px-Mount_Kenya.jpg

Mount Kenya is claimed deposit area for gems and alloys used in manufacturing Xerum-525

Xerum-525 was derived from gems called Blue Almasi and processed further with a rare ore, Ogundium both found from Mount Kenya. In the 1930's, the British suspected the Germans of planning an invasion in East Africa. It's later theorized as being a German covert operation to attain Blue Almasi and Ogundium for the projects of the Third Reich. Shortly after the WWII Ogundium was also discovered as a result of the Operation Paperclip in which over 1 500 German scientists, technicians and engineers from the former Nazi-Germany were brought to United States and they worked for the US to acquire the weaponry and the technological secrets of the Third Reich.

Hans_Kammler.jpg

Hans Kammler (1901-1945)

Hans Kammler was a German civil engineer and SS-commander during the Nazi era. He oversaw SS projects and was put in charge for the German V-2 and jet programmes. Some say, that he was also the supervisor of the secret German Space Project - Die Glocke. During the last days of WWII Kammler and his team consisting 60 personnel of German top scientists, engineers, and researchers mystically disappeared.

Die Glocke was a part of German Project Riese - a project of underground research facilities. The Complex Sokolec, inside the Mountain Gontowa in present-day Poland presumably served in Die Glocke -project also consisting a surface testing area, the henge. It is a concrete frame, still existing that may have been constructed for testing the anti-gravity capabilities of Die Glocke.

Dieglock1.jpg

Die Glocke

A powerful, top secret time machine. Allegedly created by the Nazis towards the end of the WWII. A weapon so powerful and exotic, that even in the last minutes of the war Die Glocke could have changed the course of the WWII. This device was made of Leichtmetall - light metal of thorium and berellium. Xerum-525 was stored in two counter-rotating cylinders and it was one known key-element in devices' anti-gravity and free-energy capabilities. Die Glocke had an effect zone and within this zone crystals would form in animal tissue, blood would gel and plants would decompose into a grease.

This device was an anti-gravity, ufo-like craft and many believed it could travel across the time. Die Glocke could have helped the Third Reich to reach space, visit the moon and Mars. Present-day engineers and researchers speculate about the thing, if Die Glocke existed and was in German use, it would have changed the outcome of the WWII.

Disclaimer: The content of this thread should not be taken as a fact, instead it should encourage the reader to do his/her own research.

Speculation fueled with assumptions, accompanied by pseudo-scientific Nazi fantasies, documented by 'people say' and culminating in 'May' and 'If'. Mystical Nazi fanti-science unknown and unknowable by all the brilliant theorists and experimentalists in the seventy years since WW2.

And, of course, after making an anti-gravity-equipped time machine, the Nazis never did anything verifiable with it. Perhaps they gave up on winning the war and are touring Jurassic Park in Lemuria instead?

It would be as profitable to speculate that snow scooped from Olympus Mons could be processed into 'Marsoleum' and used to power Aladdin's flying carpet, made from Yeti-fur, and capable of cleaning out any grease-spots, too. ("Its a dessert topping - and a floor wax!") You can do your own research into that, also.

Apologies for the sarcastic tone, but... really? This?

Listen, I love me a 'Nazis Made Wizard Zombies in Antarctica' article as much as the next guy, but yeah. this ain't history.

It does pose a thematic question though, if history of conspiracy theories belongs here, does e.g. history of comic books belong here too?

I wouldn't say this just a conspiracy theory, there are actual persons and real historical events around Xerum-525 and Die Glocke. Rather assumptions and far-reaching views of this subject. Most importantly, if you read the thread carefully, the disclaimer says, not a fact and should encourage for doing own research (if interested).

It's not my decision to choose which threads belong here, but yes, it would be nice to hear and read something about history of comic books, instead of listening the non-stop arguments about who was the best general of WWII and which tank was the most capable of doing things.

By banning existence of certain things citing to the impossibility just because a theory is crazy or one haven't ever heard about such a thing limits the human ability to understand the history and it also limits the future evolution - when the mind is blind, the eyes are useless.

Let's hear a renowned expert on German advanced science during the war; Dr. Axel Stoll(†):

The video is very short and concise, so even I generally dislike using them, I think it is through and through appropriate to hear the man himself instead of me writing down a transcript.

I recently read a short story about the government of France in 2010 sending 24 Leclerc MBT and a few dizains MILAN ATGM into the past to 1939 (with user manuals) to "win" WW2 and change history - and what happens due to this change from the government wondering who the heck built those super machines and trying to study the technologies as much as using them on the battlefield, to their defeat DESPITE the Leclerc and the Germans actually studying them and critically the MILAN ATGM and putting them to good use.

It was still more realistic than this.

Let's hear a renowned expert on German advanced science during the war; Dr. Axel Stoll(†):

The video is very short and concise, so even I generally dislike using them, I think it is through and through appropriate to hear the man himself instead of me writing down a transcript.

Interesting indeed...thanks for sharing.

Interesting indeed...thanks for sharing.

Watch out what you are getting into. Stoll was indeed the one behind the whole "die glocke" story. Besides this he believed the Germans had colonised the moon by the end of the war and that Aryan's were aliens originating from Aldabaran. I do suspect the man made a good buck out of his books on such matters.

That said, a thread like this can be "fun" though perhaps more something for OT.

I wouldn't say this just a conspiracy theory, there are actual persons and real historical events around Xerum-525 and Die Glocke. Rather assumptions and far-reaching views of this subject. Most importantly, if you read the thread carefully, the disclaimer says, not a fact and should encourage for doing own research (if interested).

It's not my decision to choose which threads belong here, but yes, it would be nice to hear and read something about history of comic books, instead of listening the non-stop arguments about who was the best general of WWII and which tank was the most capable of doing things.

By banning existence of certain things citing to the impossibility just because a theory is crazy or one haven't ever heard about such a thing limits the human ability to understand the history and it also limits the future evolution - when the mind is blind, the eyes are useless.
This is a conspiracy theory.

I recently read a short story about the government of France in 2010 sending 24 Leclerc MBT and a few dizains MILAN ATGM into the past to 1939 (with user manuals) to "win" WW2 and change history - and what happens due to this change from the government wondering who the heck built those super machines and trying to study the technologies as much as using them on the battlefield, to their defeat DESPITE the Leclerc and the Germans actually studying them and critically the MILAN ATGM and putting them to good use.

It was still more realistic than this.
Delightful.

This is a conspiracy theory.
Now there is an interesting question to be had here. Were there genuinely senior members of the German Military and/or Nazi party who believed in such technologies and invested in their development with the expectation that it would lead to a change in the outcome of the war?

Now there is an interesting question to be had here. Were there genuinely senior members of the German Military and/or Nazi party who believed in such technologies and invested in their development with the expectation that it would lead to a change in the outcome of the war?
I would recommend that you at least perform a cursory review of the literature about how many drugs the Nazi leadership were on.

It's quite enlightening.

I would recommend that you at least perform a cursory review of the literature about how many drugs the Nazi leadership were on.

It's quite enlightening.
That's all very well, but what about the actual question? For instance the UK. MOD used to have a branch that was responsible for gathering intelligence from extra terrestrial objects and UFOs (50's to 60s). Sounds pretty bonkers until you consider that extra terrestrial objects include man made satellites and UFOS are just flying objects that remain unidentified. I am sure that 100+ years ago the likes of Jules Verne were considered 'on drugs'.

So I will repeat, that I would be interested in any serious histiography on the topic.

That's all very well, but what about the actual question? For instance the UK. MOD used to have a branch that was responsible for gathering intelligence from extra terrestrial objects and UFOs (50's to 60s). Sounds pretty bonkers until you consider that extra terrestrial objects include man made satellites and UFOS are just flying objects that remain unidentified. I am sure that 100+ years ago the likes of Jules Verne were considered 'on drugs'.

So I will repeat, that I would be interested in any serious histiography on the topic.
The space aliens are not amongst us. Any one saying anything else is peddling conspiracy theories, whether they know it or not.

The space aliens are not amongst us. Any one saying anything else is peddling conspiracy theories, whether they know it or not.
Alien Space bats or no, I am still interested to learn about how serious such topics were considered by Nazi Germany (and other nations).

Can I can take it from your lack of serious response that you don't know either?

Alien Space bats or no, I am still interested to learn about how serious such topics were considered by Nazi Germany (and other nations).

Can I can take it from your lack of serious response that you don't know either?
They were on a lot of drugs and/or were stupid.

Why are you interested in the thoughts of drugged up morons?