Imperator - Development Diary 6th of May 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Naval Range
View attachment 478266
(debug mapmode screenshot to illustrate the extent of range)​
All countries will now have a naval range, calculated from their closest owned port. While naval range will be somewhat forgiving ships in navies that go outside of their naval range will take heavy attrition.

This is a rather interesting debug map. Expansions into Africa and perhaps the New World in store?

The Wood trade good will now be considered to represent access to great amounts of high quality ship building wood and no longer be necessary for the lighter ships, since these should generally be buildable by the wood that would be available in most cities even if it was not their primary export.

Yay, no more sulking about my land bound Picts.

Any change to the pirate mechanics?
Right now it seems a bit too basic - all pirate spawns are 7 ships.
Also, it's not fun when you defeat pirates (sink any number of ships) and the same admiral appears almost immediately in another location with a full 7 ships again.

Also, about religion.

I think it can be one of the strongest features of this game.

You've said that will be talking more about pirates in future DD.

Will Dev's talk more about religion before 1.1 gets released?

Also, about religion.

I think it can be one of the strongest features of this game.

You've said that will be talking more about pirates in future DD.

Will Dev's talk more about religion before 1.1 gets released?

Religion was not on the roadmap for 1.1, so I am not really expecting more mechanics for it that would warrant talking about (It appears they are giving unique bonuses to omens depending on your religion, but I don't see why they would individual ones off in a dev diary if there is much more to talk about.)

This definitely looks like a step in the right direction! Say what you will about the release, but they are listening to us and working hard to make this a great game...

I just noticed you guys added "State religion happiness".... I wondered why such modifier existed for cultures but not religions, glad that you added it!

Will there be a non-state religion happiness modifier as well? Something like wrong-culture group happiness? It could be useful.

This is simply brilliant, i cant wait for this in 1.1!!

Hello and welcome to this development Diary for Imperator: Rome!
All countries will now have a naval range, calculated from their closest owned port. While naval range will be somewhat forgiving ships in navies that go outside of their naval range will take heavy attrition.

@Trin Tragula : will you consider allies (alliance, tributaries, military access...) for extending naval range? For sure navies can take supplies from allied ports ?