• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AJ2009

Major
58 Badges
Aug 8, 2009
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
I haven't played CK II in zonks and so I want to play the game again with an easy start which isn't Ireland or Sicily.

Please could anyone recommend a good start for world conquest which showcases a lot of the new mechanics from recent DLC's?

A duke in France or the HRE is good. It allows you take over a powerful realm. Or grow a bit inside and then go independent. If you're coastal you can also take part in the crusades and have a good chance. Tuscany or Flanders for example.

Or do a Spanish reconquista

The Byzantines are also easy conquest (and they have an interesting new government), but you're missing some of the Catholic flavor

Tibet, 769. Upsides: Big, already an empire, good tech for 769. The emperor is Buddhist, but some of his sons are Bon, and they're young enough that all of them can be educated to either faith. If you go Bon, unlike most other unreformed pagans, it isn't locked into Gavelkind, and you have Monastic Feudal government as either Bon or Buddhist as long as you keep the correct cultures. 769 start gives maximum time for a world conquest.

The fastest world conquest is likely come out of the strongest realm in the game. For me, that's Abbasid in 769. I am currently playing ironman game with default settings, and using all the tips and tricks that depend on "the new mechanics from the recent DLCs"

Here is my current status.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-final-abbasid-speed-run.1167700/

It's only been one "in-game" year. But I have 45% of world's counties. I have a clear plan to finish the game in three more years.

The game's moto is make love and not war.

Sweden (Sigurd Ring) in 769
Harold Fairhair of Viken in 867

Egypt (Shia Caliph) in 1066

Any of the Carolinian Hegemonies in 867 (Italy, Lothrangia, East Francia, West Francia, Aquitaine, or Bavaria)-- you are 1-2 steps from several of the other thrones with assassinations and can easily form a massive Francia with very little actual warring

I've never really tried either, but a Byzantine or Carolinian start in 769 should give you a good starting position. The new setup definitely weakens the Byzantines in 769, though.

Also, any Romuva ruler in 769 gives you a decent start for a WC. Once you form Lithuania (or a custom kingdom in it's place) you'll be in a good position to reform the faith, and even unreformed, you have Eldership Succession, so you avoid the problems of Gavelkind. And you'll likely be the only Romuva realm, so you can holy war anyone.

Also, any Romuva ruler in 769 gives you a decent start for a WC. Once you form Lithuania (or a custom kingdom in it's place) you'll be in a good position to reform the faith, and even unreformed, you have Eldership Succession, so you avoid the problems of Gavelkind. And you'll likely be the only Romuva realm, so you can holy war anyone.

Cirulis Palemonaitis of Lithuania in 768 is definitely a good start for this. You can loot infidels (nearly everyone), reform within a generation or two and then go nuts.

1066 Spanish king is a fantastic game for a relatively easy time, with lots of the games mechanics all coming together at the same time. It's what I recommend to players after they finish their tutorial island game. Just watch out for France joining in other wars, since their neutral armies will fight yours as well. They have a tendency to ruin your day at some point, but it's the only negative I can think of for playing in Spain. If you've got Sword of Islam, a Moorish ruler is fun as well but doesn't have as much flavor as Catholics. You also won't be able to experience the new crusade system.