• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Considering being a thinblood is the introduction of the game, I have a (stupid, maybe, since we don't know much yet) question:

"The average game lenght will be around 25-30 hours for one playthrough."

How long is going to be the thinblood part, then?

I mean:
- they're emphasizing the fact that you can only pick one discipline as a thin blood but that it gives you unique ways of dealing with quests, meaning you'll have to complete several quests as a thin blood
- if we indeed have to diablerize a full-blood vampire, we're probably going to do it quite "late" in the game, considering we have to rise to their level of power
- we also have to learn more and "chat" with members from every clan so that we can choose depending on our taste and the atmosphere of the inner circle of each clan (1 quest per clan, maybe?)
- plus the way they phrased it on the stream, something along the lines of "you'll have to join a clan, eventually" gives vibes of "you're going to play for 20+ hours this way"

This to me sounds more like a 20h introduction (à la Dragon Age Inquisition where you only reach Skyhold & unlock your specialization in like 20+ hours of gameplay) than a 10h one. Let's say 15, maybe. Which doesn't leave much time to actually play as a full-blood vampire...

Did they tweet about the game length? Do you still happen to have the source of the statement?

- if we indeed have to diablerize a full-blood vampire, we're probably going to do it quite "late" in the game, considering we have to rise to their level of power

You're making big assumptions here. We don't know if diablierie is involved at all and we have certainly heard nothing that even implies that we won't pick a clan until late in the game.

How long is going to be the thinblood part, then?
According to this post, around 10 hours (which sounds like an awful lot if you want to experience multiple clans). Note that he did not provide a source, and i've not been able to find it personally.

It was also mentioned in their twitch stream that you keep your thin-blood powers when transitioning to a clan, and that your new clan powers are basically just added. Which i also thought sounded a tad strange (and an even bigger reason for wanting multiple playthrough's with multiple clans).

People complained about the "Ocean House" quest in Bloodlines 1.... this is going to be that times 50, and unless i am missing something, sounds like downright horrible game design in my opinion :)

There is seweral mentions here that estimated playtime as Thinblood will be about 1/3 of gametime.
But i dunno, if that is just gues ... educated gues ... gues based by anything ... or some not quite directly, but somehow confrimed information. :D

//edit:
Im also quite currious about how they will introduce DLC (FLC? or w/e ... just those who be created later) clans ...
Will we ba able to join DLC content as Thinblood ... or will they change basic game for good ... or something even another? :D There is so much untold. :D

There is seweral mentions here that estimated playtime as Thinblood will be about 1/3 of gametime.
But i dunno, if that is just gues ... educated gues ... gues based by anything ... or some not quite directly, but somehow confrimed information. :D
He said it was a quote from the developers (but, again, as i said, he did not provide a source).

You're making big assumptions here. We don't know if diablierie is involved at all and we have certainly heard nothing that even implies that we won't pick a clan until late in the game.

I am also gonna assume here, but the devs did say that even if your playstyle is a noncombative one, you will still eventually get your hands dirty. I consider that to probably be a reference to the Diablerie

People complained about the "Ocean House" quest in Bloodlines 1.... this is going to be that times 50, and unless i am missing something, sounds like downright horrible game design in my opinion :)

People complained about the Ocean House quest???? I was under the impression that that quest was seen as the coolest and most memorablr quest in the game.

...I'm not making any assumption. We simply don't know how it's going to happen, which is precisely why I said "if we indeed have to". There's an "if". Maybe yes, maybe no. If.

As for the second part of your post, my question was "how long is going to be the thinblood part". Because... I don't know when we're going to pick our clan? And... that's what I was asking? I did not assume we would pick a clan until late in the game (quotation marks exist for a reason + I used "quite" to emphasize the fact that we may have to choose a little later than expected), this is also not what I wrote at all. I just said that if the game lasts 30h as mentionned in the first post, the introduction is going to eat a large part of that game time if it really fits everything they want to fit in the introduction.

I know English is not my first language, but still, how did you literally understand the complete opposite of what I've written? Not the first time either.

According to this post, around 10 hours (which sounds like an awful lot if you want to experience multiple clans). Note that he did not provide a source, and i've not been able to find it personally.

When it comes to gameplay it may seem like a lot, but when it comes to narration I somehow find it too short. But maybe we should wait for more news.

Last edited:
...I'm not making any assumption. We simply don't know how it's going to happen, which is precisely why I said "if we indeed have to". There's an "if". Maybe yes, maybe no. If.

As for the second part of your post, my question was "how long is going to be the thinblood part". Because... I don't know when we're going to pick our clan? And... that's what I was asking? I did not assume we would pick a clan until late in the game (quotation marks exist for a reason + I used "quite" to emphasize the fact that we may have to choose a little later than expected), this is also not what I wrote at all. I just said that if the game lasts 30h as mentionned in the first post, the introduction is going to eat a large part of that game time if it really fits everything they want to fit in the introduction.

I know English is not my first language, but still, how did you literally understand the complete opposite of what I've written? Not the first time either.

No, no, no. You're definitely making assumptions. You're interpreting developer comments in a way to allow you to claim that it "seems" like we're going to play a thinblood for 20+ hours or that if diablerie is involved, then we have to be super powerful first. Those are assumptions that aren't based in fact. Nothing the developers have said implies anything you have been assuming.

People complained about the Ocean House quest???? I was under the impression that that quest was seen as the coolest and most memorablr quest in the game.
oh yes, a number of people on this board has been VERY vocal about how long it took, how pointless and boring it was, etc..

Personally i absolutely loved the quest (but i see their point when it comes to multiple playthrough's). Which mirrors my issue with the (supposed) design decision to have you play 10 hours or so as a thin-blood before you get to choose a clan. Im sure that'll be just fine on the first playthrough, ok on the second, and then potentially just a really bad experience after that.

And with them "keep giving out clans as free content", you are going to have to play through those hours many many times before you get to the part that'll be interesting.. what discipline are you going to focus on (3 paths available, can only have 1, and they'll still be usable after you "transition" to a clan).. are you playing good, evil, indifferent, generous, self serving, homicidal maniac, etc etc

Personally i absolutely loved the quest (but i see their point when it comes to multiple playthrough's). Which mirrors my issue with the (supposed) design decision to have you play 10 hours or so as a thin-blood before you get to choose a clan. Im sure that'll be just fine on the first playthrough, ok on the second, and then potentially just a really bad experience after that.

And with them "keep giving out clans as free content", you are going to have to play through those hours many many times before you get to the part that'll be interesting.. what discipline are you going to focus on (3 paths available, can only have 1, and they'll still be usable after you "transition" to a clan).. are you playing good, evil, indifferent, generous, self serving, homicidal maniac, etc etc

I would be very surprised if the Thin-Blood period was more than just a "Chapter 1" kind of thing. But we shall have to see. I agree that I hope it wont consist of a 3rd of the game length but...that wouldnt make much sense either I think.

I would be very surprised if the Thin-Blood period was more than just a "Chapter 1" kind of thing. But we shall have to see. I agree that I hope it wont consist of a 3rd of the game length but...that wouldnt make much sense either I think.
After plowing through some more articles (trying to find that elusive "10 hours" comment), some snippets here and there is starting to give me an idea of how this is potentially going to look design wise.

Thin-bloods are second class vampires, and are certainly not respected by the "clans". But they can still do jobs for the clans, and navigate vampire high society. Other articles has stated that you are not bound to one order (Camarilla, Anarch, Sabbat), but can do jobs for all. Unless you piss one of them off, in which you will no longer be welcome with them.

This sounds to me like something as simple as a reputation system... think about any MMO where you need to grind reputation to get that shiny next item you are salivating after. That is what i think the thin-blood phase of the game is... to grind reputation for your clan of choice basically, until you reach that magical threshold and get to have dinner on some poor sod, hehe (or however they will implement it.. it doesn't *have* to be Diablerie, although that is the easiest.. there are other ways, especially if its properly sanctioned).

Well.. some version of that perhaps.

After plowing through some more articles (trying to find that elusive "10 hours" comment), some snippets here and there is starting to give me an idea of how this is potentially going to look design wise.

Thin-bloods are second class vampires, and are certainly not respected by the "clans". But they can still do jobs for the clans, and navigate vampire high society. Other articles has stated that you are not bound to one order (Camarilla, Anarch, Sabbat), but can do jobs for all. Unless you piss one of them off, in which you will no longer be welcome with them.

This sounds to me like something as simple as a reputation system... think about any MMO where you need to grind reputation to get that shiny next item you are salivating after. That is what i think the thin-blood phase of the game is... to grind reputation for your clan of choice basically, until you reach that magical threshold and get to have dinner on some poor sod, hehe (or however they will implement it.. it doesn't *have* to be Diablerie, although that is the easiest.. there are other ways, especially if its properly sanctioned).

Well.. some version of that perhaps.

There are theories suggesting that-based on the Lore-a Thin Blood can gain clan membership via either Diablerie or by becoming an honorary member of a clan. I am guessing they will leave both options open, to give players maximum choice. Still not buying the 1/3rd of the game thing. That sounds like Dante is letting his desire to hate the game colour his reading of comments by developers.

There are theories suggesting that-based on the Lore-a Thin Blood can gain clan membership via either Diablerie or by becoming an honorary member of a clan. I am guessing they will leave both options open, to give players maximum choice.
Absolutely agree with that :)

The White Wolf Wiki also states that : There are other, much rarer, methods of changing generation, but they usually involve powerful sorcery and are closely guarded secrets. Which might make anything they come up with a "plausible explanation" (if its not outright Diablerie) :)

Still not buying the 1/3rd of the game thing. That sounds like Dante is letting his desire to hate the game colour his reading of comments by developers.
yeah, i've been looking around, and cannot find even a hint of it. Maybe its one of the video interviews (i haven't watched them all, i dont have the time for that...lol).

Last edited:
About the 1/3 thinblood thing.
That was mentionend in one of the first articles about Vampires - a link to my post, linking it here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-we-know-so-far.1163043/page-11#post-25329257

Haven't watched the stream yet to watch out for any developer confirmation yet.
10 hours 'introduction' before we split into different and unique stories doesn't sound to promising to me. But i'll happily wait for further informations, as current informations seemingly are to thin to judge how fun replaying those 10 hrs. would be and if its actually the case...

What is known so far looks and sounds promising.
Albeit I hold paradox in high regards and still think they deserve higher popularity among players I refuse to board any hype train.

The chance or rather danger of Bloodlines 2 becoming just another Anthem, Fallout 76, No Mans Sky, ... is very slim but sadly not nonexistent. Fu .. err Failures can happen at any time and that is especially true for game development.
I'll wait and follow the progression of this game hoping for the best but if by some mad miracle it isn't I'm not mentally invested in a failure.

I know that is a fatalistic point of view but I got my hopes crushed one too many times.

Haven't watched the stream yet to watch out for any developer confirmation yet.
10 hours 'introduction' before we split into different and unique stories doesn't sound to promising to me.
I believe you were missleaded here ... its not introduction "before we split into different and unique stories".

That Unique experience you will be getting (as far as i watched the interviews) from the start ...
Bcs same as the NPC will react differently for Brujah, or Toreador, or Nosferatu. (for example)
They will react differently for former-doctor thinblood, or former-policeman thinblood, or former-drugdealer thinblood.

In the first link the context was about thinbloods so he used the PnP as an intro for the clans.
Then said that if you are a fan of the Vampire Chronicles, you'd be interested in playing as a Toreador. Which is one of the Clans.

In the 2nd link the context is that Cknoor was playing Bloodlines 2 for weeks and found that a Toreador would be different than playing a Brujah.

In any case I find it unreasonable for them to give us examples of gameplay for Clans that are not playable.

It was said by one of the devs in the Thinblood thread that no clans have been announced.