• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JimJ4m

Head of Community
1 Badges
Jan 7, 2019
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
It's finally time!
URBAN WARFARE is coming on June 4th! So prepare to stomp through some buildings, and master the new tactical challenges of warfare in giant cityscapes!

What do you think 'Mech warriors?

Expansion 3 name leaked on the Paradox Store (Edit: and Steam store): it's called Heavy Metal.

Also I love the *new pilot barks* and apparently the official launch of a new holo-urbie mascot in the trailer.

EWAR, and related mechs and vehicles, expanded effects from destructible terrain, flashpoints and a mini-campaign. (Edit: mini-campaign was a misprint as explained by the Lord Commander below.)

The EWAR and expanded terrain effects sound particularly crunchy. I'm now desperately curious to find out more so that I can figure out how it's going to affect my strategy.

Last edited:
From Steam Page

Urban Warfare brings 'Mech combat to the vast cityscapes of the Inner Sphere! Electronic warfare, large-scale building destruction, environmental mechanics, new enemy units and more make the urban sprawl a whole new battlefield.
Urban Warfare
Street brawls introduce new tactical gameplay challenges as ‘Mech combat moves from wide-open natural landscapes to vast urban sprawls. Every building in the new urban biome is fully destructible, so you’re never more than a few salvos away from a new line of sight, or the defensive cover of high-rise rubble. Abandoned explosive fuel trucks, destroyed coolant exchanger buildings, and broken electrical transformers that disrupt targeting will drastically change the battle as you go.
Electronic Warfare
The return of these lost technologies will forever change the 31st century battlefield. ‘Mechs equipped with Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) and nearby friendly units are obscured from enemy targeting systems and immune to indirect fire. Meanwhile, ‘Mechs equipped with Active Probe can reveal, locate, and target enemy units that would otherwise be hidden.
Two New BattleMechs
The experimental Raven 1X sports an advanced electronic warfare package that combines ECM and Active Probe systems into a lightweight component. The Javelin is a compromise between speed and firepower, with close-range knockout power.
New Flashpoints
A wide variety of new branching short stories that link together mercenary missions, crew conversations, special events, critical choices, and rare bonus rewards, as well as a new mini-campaign in which you'll join forces with the famed Andurien Defenders to discover the truth behind their ghoulish disputes.
Three New Enemy Vehicles
The Tank sports a variety of weapons to fight at all ranges with speed and agility, the Packrat is a battlefield support vehicle equipped with a prototype version of ECM, and the Rotunda is a reconnaissance vehicle equipped with a prototype version of Active Probe.
New Encounter
Attack and Defend is a challenging new mission type where your mercenaries must destroy an enemy’s base to stop a steady stream of attackers before they can overcome your forces and knock out your employer’s base.

Three New Enemy Vehicles
**The Tank** sports a variety of weapons to fight at all ranges with speed and agility...

Is there an actual tank called The Tank in universe that I've somehow missed, or is there a typo in the Steam Store page?

It's an error on the Steam page, and there's also an error on this very site's banner where it claims this is the first expansion.

The big one is the error that's literally hiding the third tank we're getting.

Come on children, we've only just got a bone, now let's rampantly speculate it to death! ;)

Expansion 3 name leaked on the Paradox Store (Edit: and Steam store): it's called Heavy Metal.
A little more than just the name:
Season Pass Store Page said:
Heavy Metal (Coming Soon)
The third BATTLETECH expansion features a host of new BattleMechs, including several that have been unseen for decades and perhaps a surprise or two…

Here's hoping the 'surprise or two' is Scorpion and Goliath!

Yeah, when I read "Heavy Metal" I was thinking "QUADS QUADS QUADS" :D

Wishful thinking maybe, but a man can dream, can he not?