• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You need jade dragon active for the portraits it provides If you are using CPR+.

Thank you kind sir. I'll do some more digging then, maybe there's a way to turn off the Chinese News and music without entirely deactiviting JE...

Yeah I'd much rather have a hair, outfit and headgear selection feature that they do since it's really nice to change your looks and the looks of others whenever you want. The latest patch didn't fix the barber shop bug for females so such a selector would be really appreciated.

I didn't even know that was a BLG feature until now, need to have a look at it myself some time.

Children portraits with the BLG mod give more hints about the age of the kid. For example between 0 and 2 they are represented as true babies and not 6/8-year-old looking children :)
ok now you are saying i am remembering it, it didn't looked well but I do like the idea. I hope it was improved.

Hello @Ese Khan , @sifsilver

What have you changed ''lately'' to the headgear? I can see Byzantine strategoi and tourmarches wearing exactly the same ones for example, so you can't really tell the difference between them and I have seen others too. Like Polish and French Dukes wearing crowns and kings wearing more simple headgear. Evidently, I haven't played for a long time so pardon my ignorance, but I think a recent change you made, gave them the ability to wear random or no headgear at all,for example Kings without crowns or crowns which change during savegames (weird I know).

EDIT:
I'm quite sure I have already reported this long time ago, but if you have the time to recheck it,
I would be grateful.

It's this weird headgear. Looking like hollow or something o_O

Cheers.
GfyODlu.jpg

I'm wondering of i should buy the rest of the dlc's needed to get this mod. So i ask you if i can get your humble advice?
Only if it's on sale but i really do recommend it. CPRplus really goes beyond revamped and improved paradox's original portrait. The best reason to get it is for the martial head gears. CPRplus really outdone themselves.

Thanks for the advice, Good sir!
You're welcome, my dear sir.

On the side note to the developers. Is there any chance of us seeing the previous version polish clothing coming back in the future? I am very fond of the polish king breast plate and the crown. It quite exquisite and i really hope that it will be added back in the future.

Are There any picture's of the portraits that are aren't outdated?
As far as i can tell from my experience is that changes from the picture on the front page in the currents version are French+Occitan(uses new french portrait update),Norman(using a variant of german ethnicity for physical appearance),Scandinavian(same as Norman),Semitic+Berber, Celtic(mostly welsh) and polish (using paradox new polish skin). These are as far as I had noticed.

Sorry little to none but i did check it again through ruler designer.

As far as i can tell from my experience is that changes from the picture on the front page in the currents version are French+Occitan(uses new french portrait update),Norman(using a variant of german ethnicity for physical appearance),Scandinavian(same as Norman),Semitic+Berber, Celtic(mostly welsh) and polish (using paradox new polish skin). These are as far as I had noticed.

Sorry little to none but i did check it again through ruler designer.
I thank you for Information as well as the advice!

For those having problems installing cpr+ with hip installer try moving (and renaming if you have to) your "Crusader Kings II" folder to "SteamLibrary->steamapps->common" folder and then run the installer again ;)

What have you changed ''lately'' to the headgear? I can see Byzantine strategoi and tourmarches wearing exactly the same ones for example, so you can't really tell the difference between them and I have seen others too. Like Polish and French Dukes wearing crowns and kings wearing more simple headgear. Evidently, I haven't played for a long time so pardon my ignorance, but I think a recent change you made, gave them the ability to wear random or no headgear at all,for example Kings without crowns or crowns which change during savegames (weird I know).
Nothing got changed with those headgear. The special Orthodox armors are given to characters with high Personal Combat Skill value, so they have nothing to do with Byzantine special titles.

What you are describing about Frankish and Western Slavic sounds like one of the two scenarios: 1) uncrowned kings now wear duke-tier headgear; 2) Western Slavic duke-tier headgear have more crown-like look to them than other portrait sets'.

Nothing got changed with those headgear. The special Orthodox armors are given to characters with high Personal Combat Skill value, so they have nothing to do with Byzantine special titles.

What you are describing about Frankish and Western Slavic sounds like one of the two scenarios: 1) uncrowned kings now wear duke-tier headgear; 2) Western Slavic duke-tier headgear have more crown-like look to them than other portrait sets'.

hmm alright.

1) But I think atm Byzantine Counts and Dukes having the same headgear, right? I don't remember them to be exactly the same before and not only Byzantines but other cultures too.

For example:
Strategos
Lbr9i7T.jpg
Tourmarches
lK2634Z.jpg

or Duke, Count both in one pic
7dK6mg1.jpg

another example pre and after the loading with Counte William of Paterno(Norman culture) who changes after the 1st month.
OZBE5ep.jpg
EK5xXlO.jpg

2) My pic about the specific special armor was another matter. Concerning the empty eye socket.

3) As for the changes to headgear between loads just check this:
c3LtTvz.jpg
LxULqXy.jpg
You can see the differences plus the Count tier and Duke tier headgears. My main concerns is if this is a feature of a bug. That's why I'm asking. Because I saw somewhere that you have added a more variety tweak or somehting at some point and I thought that was the culprit.

Last edited:
1) But I think atm Byzantine Counts and Dukes having the same headgear, right? I don't remember them to be exactly the same before and not only Byzantines but other cultures too.
Ah yes, this is actually WAD. Overall, the headgear frames that I relegated to count-tier characters in previous versions of CPRplus are actually meant to be worn by courtiers (and this is precisely the case in vanilla). Some portrait assets have headgear frames that appear appropriate for count-tier characters, but unfortunately that is not the case for all portrait assets. In the end, I decided that counts should have more in common with dukes than courtiers. This decision was also influenced by vanilla Frankish headgear, which lets count-tier characters to wear things that are different from what courtiers are wearing (see my explanation below).

I'm thinking about hand-picking count-tier headgear frames for each portrait asset, though, so think of the current setup as a temporary one.

You can see the differences plus the Count tier and Duke tier headgears. My main concerns is if this is a feature of a bug. That's why I'm asking. Because I saw somewhere that you have added a more variety tweak or somehting at some point and I thought that was the culprit.
Vanilla Frankish headgear uses extra layers for duke- and count-tier characters, giving them more headgear variety. That's why you see several kinds of duke- and count-tier headgear with portraits that use Frankish headgear. The extra layers only seem to take effect after you load your game, though. This issue is present in vanilla, too.