• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ooh, that @HBS_Eck dev diary is *juicy*. I'm almost surprised that you were allowed to put so much information out there.

Also I'm officially jealous of his Twilight Imperium 4th edition. TI3 is a legitimate work of art: in like 6 games we've only ever had a winner once (and I *never* get even close to winning) but every game has been a thing of beauty with literally some of the best roleplaying I've ever done. The changes to politics in 4th in particular suits my playstyle, but I can't justify the spend seeing as TI3 is still a magnificent game.

One day it's going to happen though. One day...

@HBS_Eck very insightful blog...looking forward to more from you.

soooooo....if HBS was to ever make something like modbuddy for BT you would be The Guy.
right?

Ooh, that @HBS_Eck dev diary is *juicy*. I'm almost surprised that you were allowed to put so much information out there.
If you think THAT'S juicy, think about all the stuff I'm NOT talking about. :D

Also I'm officially jealous of his Twilight Imperium 4th edition. TI3 is a legitimate work of art: in like 6 games we've only ever had a winner once (and I *never* get even close to winning) but every game has been a thing of beauty with literally some of the best roleplaying I've ever done. The changes to politics in 4th in particular suits my playstyle, but I can't justify the spend seeing as TI3 is still a magnificent game.

One day it's going to happen though. One day...
I HIGHLY recommend Twilight Imperium 4th edition. I get it to the table way more often than 3rd edition. It's still a major time comitment but at least you can finish a game if you dedicate a day to it. Check out Space Cats / Peace Turtles for a cool Twilight Imperium podcast if you're interested. :)

@HBS_Eck very insightful blog...looking forward to more from you.

soooooo....if HBS was to ever make something like modbuddy for BT you would be The Guy.
right?
I would definitely be heavily involved in that yes. And if it was a tool made by the modding community, I'd still be involved. I hang out on a few modding discords and try to answer questions when I can.

Also, journal entry 2 is up. It focuses on the ContractParser this time around. I started a separate thread for my journals cause I didn't think they belonged in this thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-battletech-tools-developer-journals.1167144/

- Eck

If you think THAT'S juicy, think about all the stuff I'm NOT talking about. :D

I HIGHLY recommend Twilight Imperium 4th edition. I get it to the table way more often than 3rd edition. It's still a major time comitment but at least you can finish a game if you dedicate a day to it. Check out Space Cats / Peace Turtles for a cool Twilight Imperium podcast if you're interested. :)

I would definitely be heavily involved in that yes. And if it was a tool made by the modding community, I'd still be involved. I hang out on a few modding discords and try to answer questions when I can.

Also, journal entry 2 is up. It focuses on the ContractParser this time around. I started a separate thread for my journals cause I didn't think they belonged in this thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-battletech-tools-developer-journals.1167144/

- Eck

Sorry for the segue, but your mention of Twilight Imperium got me thinking.....who currently controls the IP for the Traveller set of games? As I recall TI is set in the Traveller universe, & would make for great video games in a number of genres.

Sorry for the segue, but your mention of Twilight Imperium got me thinking.....who currently controls the IP for the Traveller set of games? As I recall TI is set in the Traveller universe, & would make for great video games in a number of genres.
Mongoose Publishing or Far Future Enterprises probably, but this is getting off-topic.

TI is a Fantasy Flight thing, basically the game that set them up as a board game company. There are some rather sweet stories of Christian Petersen touring around selling 1st edition when it was basically a self-published title. I think its sales had probably slowed down a lot, but it's a magnificent game and so clearly FFGs flagship title that they'd never stop reprinting it as long as Petersen was CEO. 4th may however be its last hurrah now that Asmodee own the company and Petersen has left.

Traveller, however isn't related to TI, but it very clearly has its hooks in this game if you squint a little.