• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for ruining my game HBS/Paradox...

Like....they're PIRATES dude. Here's the thing with what pirates want:
A- They want to screw you over
B- They want to screw you over
C- You're trying to kill them all the time and they want to screw you over.
D- You're trying to kill them all the time and then SNITCHING on them to the great and minor houses and they want to screw you over.
E- They're pirates and want to screw you over.

Honestly the best price you should be able to get from a black market is like 100% normal price. With no positive or negative rep it should cost 500% over normal. It's an illegal market you have to pay extra for that at all times.

Greetings Mechwarriors,

Please always post with civility and respectfully even in critique and disagreement.

Please post constructively.

On a side note;
Those wishing to exploit the previously prebug-fixed pirate faction rep to cheat farm Star League Highlanders for their double heat sinks from the pirate allied faction stores despite being mortal enemies of the pirates can continue to do so indefinitely by rolling back to the previous patch. Instructions available on this forum (in this threads OP post even).

Thank you, Carry on.

Black Market prices out of control. You pay 2.5 million for access but can't buy anything because everything is a 1000 times more expensive. 3 million for a laser. 300 million for gyros. Billions for mechs. Your 2.5 million bribe to the pirates should gain you reputation. You should also be able to make straw man purchase I mean it's the black market.

If you plan to have good relations with the pirates - hint don't accept missions against then and do mission offered by then - the prices are ok.
I accept that it probably don't work well in a middle of a game, but for sure works fine in a new one.

We have to buy membership. Presumably the market has a way of tracking who shows up and which id they are using. Also... the Argo is fairly obvious. I like the idea of subterfuge, but it is unlikely to be feasible in this case.

I do like the idea of having the specific black market events give a bonus to pirate rep if we are paying the extortionate price. Maybe stick that one in the Suggestions forum?

Your 2.5 million bribe to the pirates should gain you reputation. You should also be able to make straw man purchase I mean it's the black market.
I do like the idea of having the specific black market events give a bonus to pirate rep if we are paying the extortionate price. Maybe stick that one in the Suggestions forum?
Agree with Jaderook. I don't recall that being suggested yet.
@K1600Mike Please post that part in the suggestions subforum for the Devs.

Yep, a signed int32 can represent values from -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647.
The price of that Highlander is the min value of a signed int32.

A HA! Now I know what happened to my game haha. Early on in the campaign I could tell money was going to be tight in the game so I modded the price of Med Lasers to something stupid like 60 billion so I got a crapload of money if I needed to sell one for some cash.. Im guessing the cost of a mech includes the load out because after that the price of just about every full mech I saw for sale went negative like that too. Guess I could've set the price a little lower, Ive got like 600 something of them, its not like I cant sell a few instead of one hehe..

A HA! Now I know what happened to my game haha. Early on in the campaign I could tell money was going to be tight in the game so I modded the price of Med Lasers to something stupid like 60 billion so I got a crapload of money if I needed to sell one for some cash.. Im guessing the cost of a mech includes the load out because after that the price of just about every full mech I saw for sale went negative like that too. Guess I could've set the price a little lower, Ive got like 600 something of them, its not like I cant sell a few instead of one hehe..
Or just manage you company more cautiously? I mean for me personally some of the most exciting times were in the early "if we want to survive for another month then it's beans again for dinner" phases when money was tight and I had to balance the risk of a mission with the possible reward. :)

Yeah, mechs cost are actually (cost of chassis) + (cost of each equipment mounted), so if you buff something as common as medium lasers basically every mech gets really expensive.

Thanks for all the hard work. Love the game. Some broken "pacify" missions, not all enemies spawning and crazy difficulty spikes. I am still pretty early in the main story, now have a couple 50 and 55 ton mechs. Some 2 and 2 1/2 skull missions are spawning enemy lances of 55 ton and 65 ton mechs, when you are going up against 2 lances it becomes almost not fun. Not to say I can't win, but your lance is a mess after. This early in the game and not having upgrades for the Argo, with the high cost of repairs and time to repair, and being unable to do any missions for income, it is a quick road to bankruptcy

Check your Steam settings about the number, upper right is the default for frame counter for steam, mine is green when I have it turned on.
I had done that, but everything was just fine before the 1.5 update, now it is giving me numbers. Both of the numbers in the upper right are slightly off from one another. For an expinsive monitor, it's still a pile of junk. Wont go beyond 60mhz. I will have to try an older monitor and see if that works. My computer also likes to shut down the screen, but I can still hear the games being played. The cooling unit starts to rev up and the machine is making allot of noise when it happens, but the place that built it says that the computer is fine. I will be taking it to another computer shop and have them look at it. The only things that seem to work are the keyboard, speakers and the mouse:D:D:D. Gotta start with the good and work from there;););)

I had done that, but everything was just fine before the 1.5 update, now it is giving me numbers. Both of the numbers in the upper right are slightly off from one another. For an expinsive monitor, it's still a pile of junk. Wont go beyond 60mhz. I will have to try an older monitor and see if that works. My computer also likes to shut down the screen, but I can still hear the games being played. The cooling unit starts to rev up and the machine is making allot of noise when it happens, but the place that built it says that the computer is fine. I will be taking it to another computer shop and have them look at it. The only things that seem to work are the keyboard, speakers and the mouse:D:D:D. Gotta start with the good and work from there;););)
If you cannot go ahead through the various splash screens until the proper game, then something in your game files has become corrupted. It happened to me too quite a long time ago and fixed it by getting in touch with paradox support