• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So Patch 3.1 is out, and I feel like I should clarify a few things:
1. We plan to incorporate wonders into the next version of AtE, including some AtE-specific unique wonders.
2. This will not delay the mod's release. We still plan to release on April 20th.
3. The next dev diary will still be released later tonight, or perhaps in the very early morning of tomorrow depending on your timezone.
4. Paradox removed the ability to roll back to 2.8.3.4 without using a code. There is a process to roll back further using codes - here is a link explaining how to do so.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
So Patch 3.1 is out, and I feel like I should clarify a few things:
1. We plan to incorporate wonders into the next version of AtE, including some AtE-specific unique wonders.
2. This will not delay the mod's release. We still plan to release on April 20th.
3. The next dev diary will still be released later tonight, or perhaps in the very early morning of tomorrow depending on your timezone.
4. Paradox removed the ability to roll back to 2.8.3.4 without using a code. There is a process to roll back further using codes - here is a link explaining how to do so.

Thank you for your patience.
keep up the good work man, we're all here because we share the same enjoyment for this mod and the dedication that is put into it.

I was just reading about the fresco The Apotheosis of Washington. I think it might make a nice little flavor event for Americanists (frankly, it already feels to me more like something out of this mod than something real), possibly with a chance to add some of the Roman deities to the Americanist god list.

I was just reading about the fresco The Apotheosis of Washington. I think it might make a nice little flavor event for Americanists (frankly, it already feels to me more like something out of this mod than something real), possibly with a chance to add some of the Roman deities to the Americanist god list.

Honestly depections of the founding fathers such as that are pricesly why the Americanists ended up existing in the ATE world.

We prefer to use terminology that will be immediately recognizable to as many people as possible, and changing the name of the Mormon religion itself to "Latter-Day Saint" may end up forcing us to change all of the heresy names too. I'll consider removing the angel Moroni from the god list - that's a holdover from the original version of the mod, and I didn't know enough about Mormon theology to recognize that as a problem. Thank you for your suggestions.
Yeah, the Moroni bit was one of the first things I changed in my own personal mod. I appreciate the work you put into keeping ATE alive.

Ive been away awhile. Is Brasilia the capital of Brazil in the mod because a post apocalyptic Brasília might be able to provide a few interesting events.
The capital of the Empire of Brazil in the mod is Rio de Janeiro, although Brasilia is home to the Emperor's summer estate.

I have one question: Have you opened the Catholic religious head mechanics for reforming pagans? There's a standalone mod that does that already, something like Apostolic Papal Succession? I'd really appreciate that. Ever since I played WtWSMS and reformed Celtic in that, I thought it just made so much sense for them to move in that direction. Don't know how much work it might be, but I can't imagine it would be too much given you've already been digging into that area.

I already have a plethora of great works in mind for ATE, such as rebuilding the interstates per county, rebuilding the Washington Monument or various Memorials, building presidential statues and monuments, ROSTMENN REINVENTING THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION, Erection of Gigantic new temples, The Golden Gate Bridge, Yankee Lighthouses, etc.

I already have a plethora of great works in mind for ATE, such as rebuilding the interstates per county, rebuilding the Washington Monument or various Memorials, building presidential statues and monuments, ROSTMENN REINVENTING THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION, Erection of Gigantic new temples, The Golden Gate Bridge, Yankee Lighthouses, etc.
The kinds of things you're describing are way, way too ambitious to fit within the next version given the limited amount of time we have between now and the projected release date. In fact, I'm not sure if the Great Works mechanic would even be capable of doing some of the things you're describing.

I have one question: Have you opened the Catholic religious head mechanics for reforming pagans? There's a standalone mod that does that already, something like Apostolic Papal Succession? I'd really appreciate that. Ever since I played WtWSMS and reformed Celtic in that, I thought it just made so much sense for them to move in that direction. Don't know how much work it might be, but I can't imagine it would be too much given you've already been digging into that area.
The Druidic religion will (hopefully) use the Papal succession mechanics, just like Celtic in WtWSMS. Unfortunately, we're currently having issues with getting that to work correctly with the new reformation mechanics, so it may not make it into the final release.

After the End Fan Fork Dev Diary 22: Wonders and Random Worlds
renderTimingPixel.png

Good tidings, all!

Man, the time has just flown by, hasn't it? We're just over two weeks away from release! Sorry for the gap between dev diaries, but I've spent most of the time between then and now fixing bugs and the like.

Anyway, on to the dev diary!

Randomized World
Yep, random worlds are fully functional within the Fan Fork now. Here's a look at a randomly-generated world.

Realm view.

Culture view.

Religion view.

Government view.

You might have noticed some oddities, like gigantic areas that are all the same culture. Unfortunately, this couldn't be avoided - it was either this or having random areas with no culture at all on the map.

Let's take a closer look at this random world, shall we?

Wait, that icon looks familiar...

Close-kin marriages?!

What's with these icons?

Yeah, AtE has more religions than vanilla, so we ended up recycling unused vanilla religion icons. We also took the opportunity to include some vanilla god and priest names, as well as some brand-new ones. Inspirations for new random flavor include:
  • Islam
  • Sikhism
  • Discordianism
  • Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Of course, we have animal kingdoms too.

Ducks!

Dragons!

Bears!

We've also added some new names to the animal name lists...

Yes, this is a reference to what you think it is. No, I'm not sorry.

Anyway, that's about it for random worlds. There's not much difference between it and the vanilla edition. On to the next new feature!

Wonders
Yes, we were somehow able to get Wonders into this update within two days of the update dropping. It's still a little weird in some areas - model positions in particular can be way off - but it's in there, and it works fine functionally.

I know you all want to see the new unique wonders, so here's a selection of four - Chichen Itza, Disney World, the Capitol Building, and the Crimson Library.

The Pyramid at Chichen Itza.

Disney World.

Capitol Building

Crimson Library.

Culture Updates
This might seem like a minor thing, but we've massively expanded the number and amount of features available to each of AtE's cultures. There are a few things in particular I'd like to highlight:

• Many more cultures are capable of raiding, regardless of religion.

For example, Nahua culture (as in vanilla).

• Many more cultures are encouraged to raid overseas, if their religion allows them to raid.

For example, Gulfards.

• Last, but certainly not least, I've given a ton of cultures the "feminist = yes" value. This means that they won't have a negative opinion penalty for female rulers and heirs, even if their religion wouldn't normally accommodate that.

This feature has been given to the Californian, North Pacific, North Atlantic, and Laurentian culture groups, as well as some individual cultures, like Iroquois.

Other new features
Of course, we've done more than just these two things. Here's a few other minor things we've added:
  • Coronation events fully enabled for Catholic, Ursuline, and Mormon rulers.
  • Added a backstory for the King of Ontario.
  • Added new flags for the Duchy of Montreal and the County of Uaca.
  • West Coast Colonization events adjusted - colonial powers will no longer target a province if it's owned by a different colonizer.
  • Cayenne's religion has been changed from Voodoo to Candomble, to reflect Brazilian influence in the time since the Event.
  • Added a ton of new merc companies, including the Zoological Society of San Diego, two companies based on Civil War reenactors, and three more sports team-based ones on the East and West coasts.
I hope you're all looking forward to v0.4!

Last edited:
awesome. and just as i was getting back into CK2 for the latest time.

quick and oddly specific question: do any cultures or religions make use of the "aggression = 2.0 # AI aggression factor" line to make the AI more aggressive?

i've been thinking of making a little personal mod where most/all cultures have this line with some ridiculous number like 50.0 or something and do a playthrough where everyone is basically a Civilization-style Gandhi but i'm not sure if it works with cultures (it's present in the norse and tengri religions in 00_religions.txt).

After the End Fan Fork Dev Diary 22: Wonders and Random Worlds
renderTimingPixel.png

Good tidings, all!

Man, the time has just flown by, hasn't it? We're just over two weeks away from release! Sorry for the gap between dev diaries, but I've spent most of the time between then and now fixing bugs and the like.

Anyway, on to the dev diary!

Randomized World
Yep, random worlds are fully functional within the Fan Fork now. Here's a look at a randomly-generated world.

Realm view.

Culture view.

Religion view.

Government view.

You might have noticed some oddities, like gigantic areas that are all the same culture. Unfortunately, this couldn't be avoided - it was either this or having random areas with no culture at all on the map.

Let's take a closer look at this random world, shall we?

Wait, that icon looks familiar...

Close-kin marriages?!

What's with these icons?

Yeah, AtE has more religions than vanilla, so we ended up recycling unused vanilla religion icons. We also took the opportunity to include some vanilla god and priest names, as well as some brand-new ones. Inspirations for new random flavor include:
  • Islam
  • Sikhism
  • Discordianism
  • Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Of course, we have animal kingdoms too.

Ducks!

Dragons!

Bears!

We've also added some new names to the animal name lists...

Yes, this is a reference to what you think it is. No, I'm not sorry.

Anyway, that's about it for random worlds. There's not much difference between it and the vanilla edition. On to the next new feature!

Wonders
Yes, we were somehow able to get Wonders into this update within two days of the update dropping. It's still a little weird in some areas - model positions in particular can be way off - but it's in there, and it works fine functionally.

I know you all want to see the new unique wonders, so here's a selection of four - Chichen Itza, Disney World, the Statue of Liberty, and the Crimson Library.

The Pyramid at Chichen Itza.

Disney World.

Capitol Building

Crimson Library.

Culture Updates
This might seem like a minor thing, but we've massively expanded the number and amount of features available to each of AtE's cultures. There are a few things in particular I'd like to highlight:

• Many more cultures are capable of raiding, regardless of religion.

For example, Nahua culture (as in vanilla).

• Many more cultures are encouraged to raid overseas, if their religion allows them to raid.

For example, Gulfards.

• Last, but certainly not least, I've given a ton of cultures the "feminist = yes" value. This means that they won't have a negative opinion penalty for female rulers and heirs, even if their religion wouldn't normally accommodate that.

This feature has been given to the Californian, North Pacific, North Atlantic, and Laurentian culture groups, as well as some individual cultures, like Iroquois.

Other new features
Of course, we've done more than just these two things. Here's a few other minor things we've added:
  • Coronation events fully enabled for Catholic, Ursuline, and Mormon rulers.
  • Added a backstory for the King of Ontario.
  • Added new flags for the Duchy of Montreal and the County of Uaca.
  • West Coast Colonization events adjusted - colonial powers will no longer target a province if it's owned by a different colonizer.
  • Cayenne's religion has been changed from Voodoo to Candomble, to reflect Brazilian influence in the time since the Event.
  • Added a ton of new merc companies, including the Zoological Society of San Diego, two companies based on Civil War reenactors, and three more sports team-based ones on the East and West coasts.
I hope you're all looking forward to v0.4!
I have a little question. I tried adding something to your github but I realized I don't know if you even accept changes from strangers. What's your view on that? I was trying to add minor changes to the Rastafarian faith to make it less feminist.

I have a little question. I tried adding something to your github but I realized I don't know if you even accept changes from strangers. What's your view on that? I was trying to add minor changes to the Rastafarian faith to make it less feminist.
Definitely run suggestions by people before just submitting a pull request. The current state of the Rasta religion is implied to be that way by the empress, although personally I agree that it really doesn't need to be. What specific changes are you thinking of?

I saw that a while back, and I'm not entirely opposed to adding pull requests from strangers. However, it's already been established that the Rasta faith has abandoned much of its patriarchal doctrines in the time since the Event, with Empress Portia sort of acting as the final nail in the coffin. It's hard to preach that women shouldn't be leaders while also swearing loyalty to a female Empress, after all.

I saw that a while back, and I'm not entirely opposed to adding pull requests from strangers. However, it's already been established that the Rasta faith has abandoned much of its patriarchal doctrines in the time since the Event, with Empress Portia sort of acting as the final nail in the coffin. It's hard to preach that women shouldn't be leaders while also swearing loyalty to a female Empress, after all.
I understand. While it whould make the Radtafarian religion stand out more the Fact that empress is in control is a hard fact that you can't change. Prehaps one of the many reasons the empire collapses is due to dukes claiming the empire is not legitimate due to the founders gender? Or Prehaps it's like that one kingdom in India in vanilla crusader kings that's Muslim yet has a lady in charge? I just feel like the original creater despite his best intentions did not research the religion and wanted a cool lady empress somewhere. Thanks for the clarification.

Definitely run suggestions by people before just submitting a pull request. The current state of the Rasta religion is implied to be that way by the empress, although personally I agree that it really doesn't need to be. What specific changes are you thinking of?
The changes were really simple. Make Rastafarian not allow matrimonial marriages and no female temple holders as well as allow men to have three wives or concubines. Prehaps also allow rulers to hold temples too? I just felt that crusader kings is a way to teach people about religions and the Rastafarian faith has many sexist undertones that are impossible to ignore. It's not just a funny faith about smoking weed and listoning to Reggie and by showcasing a society that has disallowed woman leaders be united by a woman empress whould be a cool story. Perhaps have a heresy that is feminist that the queen follows? That might be too much work for something with little benifit. Thanks again for the clarification and I will ask before I mess with github.

Last edited:
@9Kbits What do you think about using the Great Works system for Mammoth Cave?

Something in particular I have in mind is, after being fully upgraded, it basically becomes the supply road for the entire duchy, dramatically increasing the effectiveness of Revelationist Defensive Pagan defense/supply/garrison boost with the addition of piety boosts and maybe even reduced imprisonment chance whenever the provinces in the duchy are raided or claimed. Kinda like a land-based version of the Theodosian Walls, only it specifically caters to defensive pagans.

Last edited: