• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well . . . "stupid" is a bit . . . . "inflammatory."

Unfortunate: definitely. Foolish: possibly.

Based on what I know, it is no simple matter to update older applications built for 32-bit architecture to run equally well and with full functionality in 64-bit architecture mode. Still, it is seemingly universally POSSIBLE. The one game on which I have worked was published in around 2006, but the "engine" in which it is written originated as a strictly C application (no C++ functionality to speak of) back in the mid to late 1980s. One of the developers managed to get that one to function with multiple cores and (I THINK . . .) with 64-bit processing. However, the fact that something is "possible" in software engineering doesn't say much about how difficult, costly, or just plain abhorrent it might be. It is a matter of trade offs: what are the costs of NOT upgrading versus what are the benefits of upgrading minus the "costs."

From the standpoint of a user without access to the source code for Clausewitz engine, I tend to agree with you: it seems foolish, and a poor business decision not to do what it takes to get Stellaris to function fully in 64-bit mode.

From the standpoint of a user without access to the source code for Clausewitz engine, I tend to agree with you: it seems foolish, and a poor business decision not to do what it takes to get Stellaris to function fully in 64-bit mode.
Currently EU4 is updating to 64-bit. At least that's what devs say.