• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey guys, could anyone take a look at my file here and help me fix this problem? The game says 5 errors encountered in the initial loading screen then crashes after I pick a country and start the game

Attachments

• savedebug.txt
    21,2 KB · Views: 170
Apparently, a problem with the naming of transport units within the file indicated. Are you running this from DH 1.03? This mod's scope seems broken if you try to hard start it for 1.04.
So, within the mod directory ...db/unitnames.csv
search for 'Trn' replace with 'TP'
The 40 errors at the bottom of the list should also be corrected. The final error (dual-ownership) is probably what is crashing the game.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why this is happening?
I'm playing Democratic Germany in this mod, and when Hindenburg dies, Hitler becomes the head of state. I'm playing on 1.04.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
I'm playing Democratic Germany in this mod, and when Hindenburg dies, Hitler becomes the head of state. I'm playing on 1.04.
In the Election Event that should happen in March 4th, did you choose Democratic or Nazi?

When i play the mod using all the fixes for 1.4 the map shows most countries as black.
How do I fix this?
pic and errror log attached.

Attachments

• savedebug.txt
    42,6 KB · Views: 29
  • Darkest Hour_2018-04-26_21-16-22.png
    Darkest Hour_2018-04-26_21-16-22.png
    665,7 KB · Views: 67
When i play the mod using all the fixes for 1.4 the map shows most countries as black.
How do I fix this?
pic and errror log attached.
I think the file Country.csv in the 'db' folder is still the one from 1.05. Or maybe the problem is about the fixes you used for 1.04. Do you have steam version?

I think the file Country.csv in the 'db' folder is still the one from 1.05. Or maybe the problem is about the fixes you used for 1.04. Do you have steam version?
I am using the steam version of DH 1.04.
I used Hopits version and the country.csv fix (the ;;;; one).
I moved the files from "db/ministers" in the old one to the new one.
I dont know what to do next but when you look in the debug it says a lot of things about colours which could be why the map is black.
Thanks,
Daniel

Last edited:
Download link, the one on the main page is broken

Has anyone gotten this mod working for 1.05?

Yes, I managed to get it to work by following all of the instructions found previously in the thread for 1.04, then following the devs instructions on how to upgrade a mod from 1.04 to 1.05
I have very little modding experience with this game so it was a miracle, but I tried this and it worked for me.

Here's what I did:
1. Start with the Mixed Mod for 1.04 download from bloomooneptun on page 38 of this thread.

2. Fix its country.csv file following SniperX53's post on page 39.

3. Fix the minister files by downloading Faulty's Communist Germany mod (I used the files from version 1.05). I believe the only thing you need is the minister pics, so merge the ones from Faulty's mod with Mixed Mod. Faulty himself commented about this on page 40.

4. This should leave you with a fully working version for 1.04. From there you have to follow the dev's instructions from the Darkest Hour Patch 1.05 release thread on how to upgrade a mod. It requires heavy editing of misc.txt so use Notepad+. I'll attach my own working misc.txt. It should work for you too, I'm guessing. Add it to your db folder.

5. It seems someone was trying to do an overhaul of China for Mixed Mod 1.04, so there are some broken minister personalities for various Chinese leaders. I have fixed these and will attach a working minister personalities file. Place it in the db\ministers folder.

After all this, you should have a working version for 1.05/1.05.1. I haven't done any heavy testing, so there may be major issues I have not and cannot fix, but I managed to do a few observer games and played as Communist Germany for a few years without any problems.

If anyone has any questions or problems I'll be happy to help in whatever way I can.

Attachments

• minister_personalities.txt
    120,4 KB · Views: 77
  • misc.txt
    67,7 KB · Views: 82
Yes, I managed to get it to work by following all of the instructions found previously in the thread for 1.04, then following the devs instructions on how to upgrade a mod from 1.04 to 1.05
I have very little modding experience with this game so it was a miracle, but I tried this and it worked for me.

Here's what I did:
1. Start with the Mixed Mod for 1.04 download from bloomooneptun on page 38 of this thread.

2. Fix its country.csv file following SniperX53's post on page 39.

3. Fix the minister files by downloading Faulty's Communist Germany mod (I used the files from version 1.05). I believe the only thing you need is the minister pics, so merge the ones from Faulty's mod with Mixed Mod. Faulty himself commented about this on page 40.

4. This should leave you with a fully working version for 1.04. From there you have to follow the dev's instructions from the Darkest Hour Patch 1.05 release thread on how to upgrade a mod. It requires heavy editing of misc.txt so use Notepad+. I'll attach my own working misc.txt. It should work for you too, I'm guessing. Add it to your db folder.

5. It seems someone was trying to do an overhaul of China for Mixed Mod 1.04, so there are some broken minister personalities for various Chinese leaders. I have fixed these and will attach a working minister personalities file. Place it in the db\ministers folder.

After all this, you should have a working version for 1.05/1.05.1. I haven't done any heavy testing, so there may be major issues I have not and cannot fix, but I managed to do a few observer games and played as Communist Germany for a few years without any problems.

If anyone has any questions or problems I'll be happy to help in whatever way I can.

Hey man, thanks for the help! In a very convenient coincidence, I decided to get back to DH and check it smods just the day you posted this incredibly helpful message, and it definitely got the mod working on 1.05.1. The game loads and runs with no apparent issues... except for a bunch of UNKNOWN STRING WANTED errors all over the place, like this:

https://imgur.com/QAuyEbP
https://imgur.com/Fcp4ayp
https://imgur.com/mZiHfzo

A lot of what I'm guessing (I don't really understand modding much) are localization files seemed to be messed up or something. Not sure if you've also got that. Game's playable, but that's pretty annoying - especially considering the color coded bonus/malus thing in 1.05 is so terribly convenient.

I searched around a bit and found this, where a dev apparently even tells us how to solve it, but either it didn't work or I didn't understand the instructions (I tried adding the specified lines to the end of the config/darkest_hour.csv file in the mod folder, but that didn't work; tried doing the same to the config/text.csv file, also didn't work). Wondering if you (or anyone else) know a way to fix it.

Thanks again

I knew there was something I forgot! Yes, I didn't mention that part. Here's my darkest_hour.csv. All I did was take the appropriate 1.05 text from the vanilla .csv file and paste it onto the end my Mixed Mod .csv. Hopefully this works for you!

Attachments

• darkest_hour.csv
    540,7 KB · Views: 44
Would the original creator approve someone uploading a fixed version for 1.05.1? For people like me who are slightly less tech savvy than a sack of rocks?