• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Introduction

PSDuckie

Second Lieutenant
61 Badges
Jun 2, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Greetings, and welcome to my first AAR in a long time! I’ve been wanting to do a Stellaris AAR for a while but never really got an idea on what to play, until now. So, without further ado, let’s do this!

I am going to be playing as the Kytanian Unity, an Ascetic Hive Mind with a Natural Neural Network. The Kytanian species is Hive-Minded (obviously) and Agrarian.

Kytanian%20Unity.png

In addition to the Unity, there is one more custom empire that will be appearing in the game: the Human Empire. This Imperial dominion is Fanatic Xenophobe and Militarist, with Mining Guilds and Syncretic Evolution. The human species in this game is made up of Wasteful, Sedentary Conformists. (I know, I forgot to write a background for them.)

Human%20Empire.png

As far as settings go, I’m going to be playing in a medium elliptical galaxy, with 4-9 AI empires (none of which have an advanced start), and zero or one each of both Fallen and Marauder empires. Mid-game and endgame start years are default, and in the interest of making an interesting storyline, I will be playing on Cadet difficulty. (I suck at Stellaris, and Cadet difficulty gives me a fighting chance. And I know that the stream overlay covers some of the game details screen; I will be removing the overlay after the first chapter is done.)

Game%20Settings%201.png
Game%20Settings%202.png

I think that’s going to be it for the settings, so I’ll see you in the Stellaris galaxy!

Last edited:
I can't say I've seen many Mammalian hiveminds, and them being cats makes it all the more interesting. Subbed!

Kitty hive mind sounds scary.

Seconded. The cats 'round here are destructive enough without having a Natural Neural Network. I'll cross my fingers and hope the Human Empire can survive its first encounter with the Kytanian Unity.

Kitty hive mind sounds scary.
Seconded. The cats 'round here are destructive enough without having a Natural Neural Network. I'll cross my fingers and hope the Human Empire can survive its first encounter with the Kytanian Unity.
We'll see how scary the Unity turns out to be to the AI empires - especially the Human Empire!

I can't say I've seen many Mammalian hiveminds, and them being cats makes it all the more interesting. Subbed!
Thank you!

And I realized I didn't put a goal. My goal is to defeat the Human Empire and survive for 300 years, and I'm going to be restricting the role of non-Hivemind pops to that of food.

Welcome to AAR writing. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Prologue
Prologue

Transmission intercepted...
Decoding transmission...
Transmission decoded.

Planet Kytania, in the Leor star system. It is our home. Yet our home was not always ours. A furless people calling themselves “humans” invaded our homeworld and enslaved us. Those were truly dark days for the Kytanian people. Yet one device would set us free. One device, created by one Kytanian. That device’s name? The Unity Matrix.

With the power of the Unity Matrix, we are no longer individual Kytanians. There is only the Unity. And no longer are we enslaved to a foreign people.

We drove the humans off of Kytania, starting a new age for the Unity. Taking the humans’ machines as our own, we are ready to spread the Unity across the stars.

We are the Kytanian Unity. This is our story.

Transmission ended.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the computer that I had stored my work on the next chapter on crapped out on me. I do have a backup, thankfully, but I'll have to start that chapter again from the beginning.

I've been there before. Glad to hear you had a backup.

No worries

No worries. Whenever you are able.

Indeed. Take the time you need.