• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Home

silentsam5

Professional Human Impersonator
98 Badges
Jun 24, 2013
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Knights of Honor
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
NNsbqHD.jpg

We're still at it!
You can find the first 4 parts here:
Crusader Kings II
Europa Universalis IV
Victoria II
Hearts of Iron IV
Welcome to the fifth part! I thought I would end it at Hearts of Iron, but I've decided to continue this on for another 300 years or so. It's taken literally several years, but we've finally reached space! It's time to see what humans do with it.

For starters, here's some things to expect right off the bat:

Mods
These are the mods I'll be using. Before I start, feel free to give me some suggestions. Tell me what I shouldn't use or suggest a mod I should!
  • Planetary Diversity
  • More Frequent Observation Events
  • More Visible Particles
  • Guilli's Planet Modifiers
  • Immersive Empire Names
  • Improved Projectile Graphics
  • At War: Starbase Improvements
  • Auto Survey at Start (I'm lazy)
  • Beautiful Universe
  • Enhanced Galaxy - Dark Core
  • Galactic National Assembly
  • Automatic Pop Migration

DLC
I own most of the DLC... I think. If I'm missing one, let me know and I might buy it real quick.
  • Plantoids Species Pack
  • MegaCorp
  • Apocalypse
  • Synthetic Dawn
  • Utopia
  • Arachnid Portrait Pack
  • Horizon Signal

Interactivity
INTERACTIVITY WAS APPROVED BY QORTEN
As with all my past AARs, all commentators can have characters be named after them. Unlike my past AARs, those with named characters will have some actual control. Here are the rules:

Named Characters
- Commentators of the AAR will have their names added to the name list (unless they do not want to be added).
- Leaders/ships/planets will be given a random name from the list.
- Those with named characters can give input into, in their opinion, how their character would react to events in the AAR.
- If someone with a named character roleplays from their character's point of view, quotes may be taken from their comment in journal or diary style (unless they say they do not want it used).
- I have the right to reject anyone's opinion on what their character would do. I will always explain why I chose a different path.

Voting
- Occasionally, I'll ask commentators to vote on a decision.
- ANYONE can vote, not just those with named characters
- Specific choices (A, B, C...) will be given and an end time will be clearly stated.
- Votes after the end time will not be taken into account.

No big fusses if I do not do exactly what you said your character would do.

I've removed a lot of names of people who no longer comment. The names may not appear letter for letter in the game, since I've adapted or changed them a bit. The current name list can be found here:
TheAnguishedOne
Loup
Idhrendur
TBC
2000Wires
Chopak
Wires
Zenphoenix
Forster
Jabby
Nikolai
SailorMarsFan
TheNumberNine
Saxon
Youstas
Pyrolithic
HistoryDude
Grinsen Felhaust

With all that out of the way, let's get started!

Table of Contents

The Federation
Prologue - 2200: The Last 200 Years
Chapter 1 - 2200 to 2215: Alpha Centauri
Chapter 2 - 2215 to 2230: Aliens
Chapter 3 - 2230 to 2251: The Elderly Presidents
Chapter 4 - 2251 to 2264: Galactic Assembly
Chapter 5 - 2264 to 2273: A Dense Galaxy
Chapter 6 - 2273 to 2286: Galactic Wars
Chapter 7 - 2286 to 2300: The Turf War
Chapter 8 - 2300 to 2319: Expansion and Discovery
Chapter 9 - 2319 to 2340: TT-01 Division

Chapter 10 - 2340 to 2352: The Lightning War
Chapter 11 - 2352 to 2374: Desolation of the Yssravannar
Chapter 12 - 2374 to 2386: In Defense of AI
Chapter 13 - 2386 to 2405: The Signs

Chapter 14 - 2405: The Council

The New Order
Chapter 15 - 2405 to 2408: Overlord
Chapter 16 - 2408 to 2421: Erad Station
Chapter 17 - 2421 to 2450: The Invasion
Chapter 18 - 2450 to 2475: The Battle for Hithram
Chapter 19 - 2475 to 2500: Before the Dawn
Chapter 20 - 2500 to 2513: The Offensive
Chapter 21 - 2513 to 2528: The Beginning of the End

Last edited:
Alright, time to give those aliens some FREEDOM!

Aw yeah, gonna make the stars free.

Unlike my past AARs, those with named characters will have some actual control.

Mwhahaha! One step closer to expanding my AAR empire.

- I have the right to reject anyone's opinion on what their character would do. I will always explain why I chose a different path.

You will probably have to do this to me at least once...:oops:

Please add me to the list? This should be a blast!

AND TAKE OVER THE-ahem, I mean spread peace and prosperity to a new galactic republic.

Yes...

Surely we'll find some fellow freedom-lovers out in the stars, right?

Aw yeah, gonna make the stars free.

Ayyy! I’m in the namelist!

Nice to see this. I'll try to keep up.

Surely we'll find some fellow freedom-lovers out in the stars, right?

Great to have everyone back!

Who or what is this mysterious BPM? I'm going to have to construct an alter ego character to fit them into the lore at this rate:)

He was a commentator from waaaaay back in the CK2 section of the AAR. His name stuck around in name files.

Good luck! Following. :)

NNsbqHD.jpg

We're still at it!
You can find the first 4 parts here:
Crusader Kings II
Europa Universalis IV
Victoria II
Hearts of Iron IV
Welcome to the fifth part! I thought I would end it at Hearts of Iron, but I've decided to continue this on for another 300 years or so. It's taken literally several years, but we've finally reached space! It's time to see what humans do with it.

For starters, here's some things to expect right off the bat:

Mods
These are the mods I'll be using. Before I start, feel free to give me some suggestions. Tell me what I shouldn't use or suggest a mod I should!
  • Planetary Diversity
  • More Frequent Observation Events
  • More Visible Particles
  • Guilli's Planet Modifiers
  • Immersive Empire Names
  • Improved Projectile Graphics
  • At War: Starbase Improvements
  • Auto Survey at Start (I'm lazy)
  • Beautiful Universe
  • Enhanced Galaxy - Dark Core
  • Galactic National Assembly
  • Automatic Pop Migration

DLC
I own most of the DLC... I think. If I'm missing one, let me know and I might buy it real quick.
  • Plantoids Species Pack
  • MegaCorp
  • Apocalypse
  • Synthetic Dawn
  • Utopia
  • Arachnid Portrait Pack
  • Horizon Signal

Interactivity
INTERACTIVITY WAS APPROVED BY QORTEN
As with all my past AARs, all commentators can have characters be named after them. Unlike my past AARs, those with named characters will have some actual control. Here are the rules:

Named Characters
- Commentators of the AAR will have their names added to the name list (unless they do not want to be added).
- Leaders/ships/planets will be given a random name from the list.
- Those with named characters can give input into, in their opinion, how their character would react to events in the AAR.
- If someone with a named character roleplays from their character's point of view, quotes may be taken from their comment in journal or diary style (unless they say they do not want it used).

Voting
- Occasionally, I'll ask commentators to vote on a decision.
- ANYONE can vote, not just those with named characters
- Specific choices (A, B, C...) will be given and an end time will be clearly stated.
- Votes after the end time will not be taken into account.

No big fusses if I do not do exactly what you said your character would do.

I've removed a lot of names of people who no longer comment. The names may not appear letter for letter in the game, since I've adapted or changed them a bit. The current name list can be found here:
TheAnguishedOne
Loup
Idhrendur
TBC
2000Wires
Chopak
Wires
Zenphoenix
Forster
Jabby
Nikolai

With all that out of the way, let's get started!

Table of Contents
Nada
Good luck! Following. :)

mod ideas
1. https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=814332008

2.https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858366182

3.https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=739945262&searchtext=pony

4. https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=810948106

5.https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=717060367&searchtext=gundam note when you get to the menu where it says to select zeon or gundam plz select all p.s. you have to put in the name of the mobile suits which are in the ship design tree. you also get two free leaders plus beam cannon tech in ship design you must also build mobile suit factories once you get your pops which are where your buildings are in your planets population menu

6. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1311725711&searchtext=traditions+2.2

Prologue
Prologue: The last 200 years

Human history from 2017 to 2200 saw so many fantastical innovations and exciting stories that it is impossible to list them all. To be short, space did not remain a foreboding and legendary foe. True, space travel is and will always be dangerous, but humans figured out how to deal with most of the problems encountered. Soon, most of the solar system was conquered-- that is to say, humans went everywhere they were capable of going. Medicine also improved to the point of eradicating viruses as notorious as HIV, malaria, and tuberculosis. Life expectancy around the world soared, and it reached 80 years globally in 2070.

The environment, which many predicted would run out of resources in the 2020s, flourished. By 2080, fossil fuel was an ancient energy source, and 99% of the world's power came from solar; entire cities had solar-paved roads and solar-shingled roofs. It was also in the 2080s that scientists first figured out short-range wireless electricity, and eventually cords became a thing of the past. By 2100, no vehicle ever had to stop to recharge, as most roads were equip with rechargers along the shoulders. New compound-construction allowed to taller and bigger buildings to be built. The Burj Khalifa, once the tallest building the world, was dwarfed in 2172 after construction of the massive, 3 kilometer high Sancronis Tower in New York City. With new artificial meat and quick-grow foods, which could grow lab fruits and veggies in just hours, world hunger was for the first time nearing extinction. Less than 5% of the world's population struggled with getting food by 2180, and that shrank to 1% in the next 20 years.

yCbZNM4.jpg

The Sancronis Tower, along with several other New York City landmarks

War, however, did persist for some time. In 2029, Persia and Delhi once again went to war. It lasted 2 months and over 200 thousand people died, most of them civilians. UNO intervention put a stop to this when the horrors were broadcast to the world after an air strike on Mumbai.

Small skirmishes broke out between rival nations in Africa and Asia, but the last true war was in 2145. After that, the UNO kept peace through the newly formed UNO Defensive Forces: war would be met by indefinite occupation by the UNO. Soon, the UNO territories spanned across 12 different countries in Africa and Asia.

eVePsaE.jpg

UNO forces in Senegal occupy the country to prevent war

In the Americas, the US grew in size for the first time in a long time. In 2032, Terres du Nord held a referendum and joined as a new state. Canada joined in 2064. By 2100, North America was one under the United States of America, and every single country in the world was part of the UNO. The Silver Union went into disarray in 2172, and both countries fell into turmoil. UNO intervention saw them both placed under its control when it became obvious that a tyrant would seize control and form a South American mega state.

The countries of the world slowly became just states in the larger entity that is the UNO. The capital of this entity is Dover, USA. Trade and immigration agreements in the late 2180s saw this integration become more of a reality. Now, the world is united under one banner.

in 2199, the Earth Orbital Space Port opened. Building ships in space, rather than using ridiculous amounts of fuel to get them into space post production, will save the UNO Space Agency heaps of money. Now, very large ships can be constructed without worrying about escaping the gravity well.

eRnrtub.jpg

The EOSP (Earth Orbital Space Port)

This year, 2200, the first warp drive is put into use. It has been sought after for a long time, and the newest one took over a hundred years of development to become practical. The only reason warp drive works at all is because of the discovery of hyperlanes that connect systems to each other. Exploiting these lanes with the warp drive does not cause ships to go at extremely high speeds. What it actually does is shorten the distance that a ship must travel to get to the next system over. Now, other systems can be reached in a matter of days, rather than years. There was certain fear from the populous when, a few decades before, an asteroid large enough to destroy civilization had to be diverted from its collision course with earth. By now, all of the earth's space ventures are under UNO control, and the president (the title of secretary general was dropped years ago) intends on exploring the universe, for that is the only way to secure the future of humankind.

3UQeGt9.jpg

Last edited:
Warp drive? I thought the only FTL was hyperdrive now?

I was there for the beginning, I will see the end (?) of this story. :)

Warp drive? I thought the only FTL was hyperdrive now?
Seems the warpdrive here is using hyperlanes, so just a different name I guess?

the last true war was in 2145. After that, the UNO kept peace through the newly formed UNO Defensive Forces: war would be met by indefinite occupation by the UNO. Soon, the UNO territories spanned across 12 different countries in Africa and Asia.

Excellent. My dream project is complete.

TBC the first was still alive in 2017 so I should probably finish his bio off.