• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, I hope this helped solidify your choice to purchase the FP expansion/season pass. I remember mentioning something about player made FPs and it turns out I am the one delivering on that. I'm sure I'll do one for UW and exp. 3 when those come around.
So... has anybody actually checked to see if this works on a non-Flashpoint install?

I've always wondered if the underlying flashpoint code is enabled in the base game, since it would make it easier to include them in upcoming expansions if you don't have to worry about whether or not players have the prior expansion. Of course, if you specifically use mechs or maps from the expansion, that obviously would cause an issue... but otherwise, who knows?

So... has anybody actually checked to see if this works on a non-Flashpoint install?

I've always wondered if the underlying flashpoint code is enabled in the base game, since it would make it easier to include them in upcoming expansions if you don't have to worry about whether or not players have the prior expansion. Of course, if you specifically use mechs or maps from the expansion, that obviously would cause an issue... but otherwise, who knows?

One of the missions is in a tropical biome, some of my OPFOR are FP only units.

However...

I think the basics of the FP structure are inside the core game and if someone made a non-FP content using FP, I think it would work.

Care to try out my "Training Wheels" prototype and see if it loads? I don't think that one uses ant FP only content.

Just completed this flashpoint great work that was one hell of fight This flashpoint is better than HBS flashpoints

Wow thanks!

What is it about it that makes it better in your opinion?

How well did you make it out in the end? Which path did you take?

Aside for everyone:

I figured out how to make custom cast portraits for the chat boxes and found a few typos. I'll prob. just wait until the base game gets an update before rolling these in. I don't really want this to be a "living" mod and keep changing up the story/missions unless something big went wrong in an update. If anything, I might make some of the missions a little harder as initial reports are coming back a bit less damage than I had anticipated. But that's just swapping some vehicles for 'Mechs and not a big deal.

Many things number one being the challenge and the length of the flashpoints
I used the direwolf mod so with clan tech they did ok
I took the path of taking out the muscle apart from almost running out of ammo and some damage to one of the dire wolves everyone made it out without a scratch at least my pilots did
my mechs are a little beat up

Many things number one being the challenge and the length of the flashpoints
I used the direwolf mod so with clan tech they did ok
I took the path of taking out the muscle apart from almost running out of ammo and some damage to one of the dire wolves everyone made it out without a scratch at least my pilots did
my mechs are a little beat up

I really hope you make more flashpoints cos that one was great loved every minute of it the story was engaging and made me wonder what next was going to happen

I managed to take the out the muscle's atlas with a head shot

Yea, I wanted to build a challenge with no more than 4-5 units and not rely on "no headshot" plot armor or other tricks. I'm glad you enjoyed the story and the turns it took. This one had a lot of pre-planning and thought about the how and why of the choice and where the plot would progress was done before the FP pack came out. The next "real" FP I do might not get a much time to mull it all over as I now know how to just "start" building it in the game. I don't think I'll get another "real" FP out for a while. I want to finish the FP authors guide first so others can start themselves. Then, prob. re-do "Training Wheels" to act as an interactive version of the guide. All that + all the other modding junk I do will likely take my time maybe even until UW is out. I've been thinking of planning the next big FP for UW, once we get some details about what it is it will give us.

Trust me even with clan mechs it was one hell of a battle also loved the way you made the atlas 2 look very menacing
That's actually the Backer Atlas skin! I figured out how to call it even if you don't own it and even if you used a bug to salvage the chassis it won't give you the skin if you don't own it. It was a nice touch to make the big bad boss extra special.

v1.0.1 Update
"The Raid" 1.0.1
Download at either Nexus or GitHub.

For BATTLETECH 1.4.0

Install/Update Instructions:
Delete old "Flashpoint-The-Raid-1.0.0" Folder in to Mods
Paste new "Flashpoint-The-Raid-1.0.1" Folder in to Mods

Changelog:
Added custom Chat Box Portrait for "The Muscle"
Updated various typos and double/missing words.
Increased hardening on "BLACKLISTED" items to prevent unintentional spawning and salvage.

Requires ModTek and Flashpoint Stock Photos.
ModTek - https://github.com/BattletechModders/ModTek/releases
Flashpoint Stock Photos - https://github.com/BattletechModders/Flashpoint-Stock-Photos/releases

So thanks for all the feedback! Not going to push any difficulty changes yet, but cleaned up a lot of wording and locked down some of the special units some more. IF anyone sees any "ABC-1D +" looking 'Mech parts in their storage, just scrap them. This update should ensure that never happens again, even with the "BLACKLIST" salvage bug.

I finally got this mission finally player it.. and ran right into a bug so I couldn't finish it.. It was not the custom flash causing the big, however it did hose my game.. bug fixed.. I think.. now to try that again.

Note first time I played it, it did kick my ass.. it didn't beat me but it sure messed up several of my better mechs put one pilot in sick bay and killed one of my 4x10's

Now admittedly the mission brought nuff fire power onto the field to give even Edmon pause but thats what ya gotta do to have a mission that difficult because the AI on this game engine just isn't very good (or the guy programming the AI needs to spend more time in PvP having good players use 'em like a cheap rag.. Something..!

So I was unable to totally finish the mission.. hit a bug on the payout screen showed the cash reward at 99999.99.99999 or something like that and the game just would not progress past that.. had to bring up task manager to kill the process, repeated beat mission again same bug. I run alot of mods so in the process of figuring out which one is causing the problem. Assuming the most likely vile candidate is something that modifies game play and not an add on mech.

If I figure out what is causing the error I will post but right now I have to first get a new game to where I can play the the FP again..

SO other then not being able to get paid.. LOVE the mission series,, thank you sir and WELL DONE!

I finally got this mission finally player it.. and ran right into a bug so I couldn't finish it.. It was not the custom flash causing the big, however it did hose my game.. bug fixed.. I think.. now to try that again.

Note first time I played it, it did kick my ass.. it didn't beat me but it sure messed up several of my better mechs put one pilot in sick bay and killed one of my 4x10's

Now admittedly the mission brought nuff fire power onto the field to give even Edmon pause but thats what ya gotta do to have a mission that difficult because the AI on this game engine just isn't very good (or the guy programming the AI needs to spend more time in PvP having good players use 'em like a cheap rag.. Something..!

So I was unable to totally finish the mission.. hit a bug on the payout screen showed the cash reward at 99999.99.99999 or something like that and the game just would not progress past that.. had to bring up task manager to kill the process, repeated beat mission again same bug. I run alot of mods so in the process of figuring out which one is causing the problem. Assuming the most likely vile candidate is something that modifies game play and not an add on mech.

If I figure out what is causing the error I will post but right now I have to first get a new game to where I can play the the FP again..

SO other then not being able to get paid.. LOVE the mission series,, thank you sir and WELL DONE!

Can you tell me which mission it was you got to? Did you make it past the
Hunt the Muscle, Take the Bribe, or Abandon the FP
?

Sounds like a great mod :)
Does your flashpoint appear last? If so, what value I must change to see him sooner?

The FP has a "weight" of 10, which is the default value for FPs. In the folder "BATTLETECH\Mods\Flashpoint-The-Raid-1.0.1\flashpoints" there is a single file: fp_theRaid.json The line
Code:
"Weight" : 10,

Can be changed to 100 or even 1000 to make it far more likely to appear next. You will still need to have "Black Market Access" to make it spawn, it's kind the crux of the FP. If you don't have BM access, you could change the weight of the BM access events in the data/events folder the same way as described above.

Care to try out my "Training Wheels" prototype and see if it loads? I don't think that one uses ant FP only content.
Finally took the time to look into this and I wasn't able to trigger Training Wheels except with Flashpoint enabled.

Increased the weighting to make sure I had it installed properly and got it as the second flashpoint, then disabled Flashpoint content and went to one corner of the map and back to the opposite corner without seeing it. Which is more time than it had taken for it to show up even as the second to pop up.

Finally took the time to look into this and I wasn't able to trigger Training Wheels except with Flashpoint enabled.

Increased the weighting to make sure I had it installed properly and got it as the second flashpoint, then disabled Flashpoint content and went to one corner of the map and back to the opposite corner without seeing it. Which is more time than it had taken for it to show up even as the second to pop up.

Thanks for trying! That's the first result we've had some someone saying they would try it.