[Mod Release] XLRP - 1.4b HF3 released (3030, 3049)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@i64man Can you show the exact error message that pops up when you click "Confirm" in the MechLab?

Also, are you sure you're running the latest MechEngineer versions of the Nightstar, Champion and Archer mechs? And while you're at it, which versions of ModTek, MechEngineer and DynModLib are you using? Everything should be finde with the latest releases.

Additionally, please navigate to your Mods\.modtek folder and look into the ModTek.log file. It should tell you *why* those mods weren't loaded in the first place.

@XTRMNTR2K .. as for which version of the mod, mech eng and mod tek I have, the versions are the latest one from your link announcing the new update.... modtek is 0.6.1, mech eng is 1.0.5.1 and Dynmolib thing is 1.0.1..... as for the message, it says that I have a weapon in the incorrect position.... that is what it says when I hover my mouse over the red icon with the tools on it....If you look at the panther picture, if I remove the SRM4 from the center torso, the message goes away. However, after I finished the Panzyr mission this morning... I got a second Panther and when I added the weapons on the arms, there was no mistake. the only difference is that on the one I got, the SRM4 is above the core 145 and the one I had used, I had to rebuild since it was destroyed on a prior mission, once I put the core on there is no place before it for the SRM. And if I remove it, there is a place holder for core.

I will check the mod logfile to see why the mods are not loading and let you know... thanks

@i64man Do you happen to have Custom Ammo Categories installed? I just tried implementing it into XLRP and suddenly MechEngineer's autofixer broke. That would explain why the mechs you posted are missing their arm actuators.

@XTRMNTR2K ... no i do not have that mod installed.... and here is the log file

Do you have the Nightstar, Champion and Archer mods installed? Because the XLRP addons *require* these mods. The addons only modify the loadouts but do not include said mods, as you have to get them from their respective nexus pages. If you don't have these mods or don't want to use them, please remove those optional XLRP addons and everything should work correctly.

Hello gentlemen... need some help getting a mech repaired. I had the right arm blown off .... and after the battle, while on the repair bay, I set the mech the same way as before, but I keep getting the error listed on the screenshot.... anyone has an idea how to fix this?
20190216201233_1.jpg

@i64man It's in the readme:

Additionally, I *highly* recommend you change the MechEngineer setting for Structure-to-Armor ratio enforcement to FALSE. This makes sure that some Mech designs modified by this mod work correctly.
In order to do so, go to Mods\MechEngineer\Settings.json and add

"ArmorStructureRatioEnforcement" : false

between the brackets.

I play the game with this option disabled as well. It's a rule that makes sense for TT, but not for a game where you regularly have to face 2:1 or 3:1 odds.

On a sidenote, development of XLRP 1.3 is going well so far. KMiSSioN's Custom Ammo Categories Mod has been integrated, and I have added several types of ammunition as well as switchable firing modes for Ultra AC5s. There will be a few other surprises as well...

Hello, I just finished my first campaign, which was without mods. For my second run I'm planning on modding it up, and this one looks interesting. Is this mod compatable with the dZ_Consolidated_CompanyCommander mod pack? If not, which of the mods in the pack is it going to clash with?

I haven't tried that mod myself but from going over its list of changes I can see multiple possible conflicts between XLRP and dZ_CCC. Both mods are sometimes modifying the same settings, i.e. evasion and to-hit modifiers per mech weight class. At best, you'd get inconsistencies and balancing issues, at worst you'd be getting conflicts and broken features.

Also, as far as I am aware, dZ_CCC includes JK_variants, as does XLRP. The main difference is that I went over all of Justin Kase's variants - vehicles and mechs - and adjusted their loadouts with some of the 'quirky' weapon manufacturer variants from XLRP (those are marked with an asterisk at the end of their name, like AC/10 *). More importantly, all of the mechs in my mod are adjusted (and fixed, where necessary) for usage with MechEngineer, which is required for XLRP to work. dZ_CCC uses the vanilla mechlab, as far as I am aware.

Long story short: I suggest using one or the other, not both. XLRP is mostly set up to be flexible in terms of which extra mods you use (i.e. AIM, CBT Heat, etc.), whereas CCC comes with these integrated (at least from the description, maybe this has changed with the latest update). Oh, and if you like the idea of XLRP but don't like the thought of using MechEngineer, you should also have a look at XAI, which is in some ways similar to XLRP and features most of the new weapons and many other new features.

If you do decided to give XLRP a try, you should either skip the tutorial or only install XLRP after the tutorial missions are over; this is because you can not continue the Tutorial since it asks you to move the Blackjack to a specific location within one round, which can not be reached to the different mech speed (MechEngineer calculates speed based on tonnage and engine size, so the speed is actual correct and true to TT). This is a little weird, as you could easily reach the location by sprinting but are forced to walk instead. However, there are no such issues with career mode to my knowledge, and the rest of the campaign should be fine as well.

Very good mod in combination with the list you put in the main post. Keep it alive please.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback! :)
And welcome to the community, seeing as this is your first post here!

Development of XLRP 1.3 has been going well so far. In addition to using the fantastic Custom Ammo Categories mod made by KMiSSioN I have also received help by Xalibur75 who provided several SLDF Mech Variants and has been working on some visual treats as well. Here's a teaser:

SLDF_Devisions.png

He has created new icons for *all* Mechs in the game - Vanilla, Flashpoint and all released mod Mechs - and these look absolutely amazing in the MechBay.

However, I'm sure many of you are curious about any other interesting features of 1.3, so here's a breakdown of the most important stuff:

• A new Main Menu Logo (created by Xalibur75)
  • Integration of Custom Ammo Categories to enable new types of ammo, ammo switching and multiple firing modes per weapon
  • NARC, Beagle Active Probe and Guardian ECM - all Lostech (courtesy of Lady Alekto)
  • New and updated AddOns (including AddOns for the new Marauder and Warhammer)
  • Mod Mechs can now show up in stores when their corresponding AddOn is installed
  • True classic TT behavior for Streak SRMs, Artemis Missiles, LB 10-X ACs and UAC5
  • Many new types of ammunition that allow for further specialization of Mechs
  • Vision range for skirmish pilots has been fixed (they weren't getted the tactics bonus before so were practically blind)
  • More adjustments and fine-tuning to the store system
  • True-to-lore PPCs: Minimum range of 90 meters is now enforced. In order to fire at targets at 90 meters or closer, the field inhibitor (safety) has to be disengaged, which risks damage to the weapon itself.
  • A secondary firing mode (Rapid Fire) for MGs: Twice as many shots, +heat, -1 accuracy, puts the MG on cooldown for one round.
  • 17 new Mech variants and 1 new weapon
  • ... and more!
Before releasing 1.3 there's now mostly testing and fine-tuning to be done, but there shouldn't be any major changes or additions now.

Last edited:
hi,
What is the exact bonus and differences between NARC and TAG?
The CASE only protect ammo explosion propagation where it's installed or for all the loc with ammo?
The install cost for XL engine and Ferro armor is very expensive is it intentional?
With this version of XLRP and the mods you subjested, the IA attempt a lot of close combat assault, can i mod it?
Thx

hi,
What is the exact bonus and differences between NARC and TAG?

TAG is currently not part of this mod, but I assume you are using the Raven or another mod that includes that subsystem.

XLRP's NARC currently provides a +3 accuracy bonus (+15%) against the affected target for a 3 round duration. The TAG that comes with the Raven mod provides a +1 bonus (+5%) for 1 round duration.

TAG weighs 1 ton, a NARC is 5 tons (3 tons +2 tons of internal ammo).

The CASE only protect ammo explosion propagation where it's installed or for all the loc with ammo?

CASE, as far as I am aware, prevents spreading both from as well as beyond that location. So if your arm-mounted ammo explodes, the damage stops at the side torso if it has CASE (though it may still be destroyed) and if the explosion occours in your CASE-equipped side-torso, it destroys the side-torso but the damage will not reach the CT.

The install cost for XL engine and Ferro armor is very expensive is it intentional?

The cost is defined in MechEngineer as I didn't touch these yet, but it is intentional. The same goes for Endo-Steel as well.

Keep in mind that these are advanced technologies that are considered LosTech, and with very good reason. Converting a fusion core to Extra-Light standard or substituting normal structure with Endo-Steel is no small feat.

However, I can have a look at FF Armor; I think adding that shouldn't be as expensive as the other two. Though if I remember correctly it is still considerably cheaper than those.

With this version of XLRP and the mods you subjested, the IA attempt a lot of close combat assault, can i mod it?
Thx

I didn't touch the AI, so I am not sure *why* it is more willing to consider melee attacks, though I am seeing this myself. For modified mechs with Melee upgrades it makes sense since these are considerably more powerful in this mod (due to their reduced weight), but that shouldn't affect stock mechs. However, this may be a side-effect of Better AI if you're using that.

Thx for your fast reply ;)
The TAG and Narc bonuses are for all the weapons or only for missiles one?

All weapons are affected.

I know that according to lore and TT this is not the cause, but I find it hard to justify adding a whopping 5 tons for a mere +3 bonus to missile accuracy when you could add a 0.5 ton Hartford S2000 Missile TTS to every missile-carrying mech instead.

The question I have is when the next version of the mod is going to be out.... I will be on a family vacation to Sri Lanka for 2x weeks in the near future and would love to either have the mod before or hope that it gets release during the vacation so when I get back, can continue my game

The question I have is when the next version of the mod is going to be out.... I will be on a family vacation to Sri Lanka for 2x weeks in the near future and would love to either have the mod before or hope that it gets release during the vacation so when I get back, can continue my game

Well, it has always been my rule that every time someone asks about a release date, the release gets pushed back another week, so...

Just messin' with ya. :D

Not knowing when exactly you go on vacation I'd still think it's more than likely it'll be out by the time you get back. Maybe even before that. :)

However, as you know, these things never go as smoothly as one would like, so there is always a chance something breaks and needs urgent fixing. That freak chance aside though I'd say we're in the home stretch for 1.3 already.