• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Soborki

Second Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2019
I'm interested in buying this game but I'm confused after watching some youtube vids of what it is we would be playing on release date. I know it's version 1.7 but what does that mean because the video's I saw on 1.7 already had Utopia.

So what are the DLC packs? Is the game any good without the DLC? When I watch older versions I hear a lot of complaints about the game. I want to play 2.2 but I realize the console version probably won't make it to 2 in 2019. Is 1.7 any good? and what do the dlc actually adds to the game?

We should be at 1.7 but as I see you know this already , for those who bought the deluxe version there should be 3 expansions .
The Plantoids Species Pack, Leviathans Story Pack and the Utopia Expansion.
These 3 expansions will not come directly with the launch of the game but shortly after I hope .
Than the question rises to me or could be are we or are we not at 1.7 thats the question to be asked .
Anyway .. another issue that concerns me more with Stellaris coming to console is the performance and AI issue that the game have on pc .

ok I watched some more streams now and understand that Stellaris for Console is not the same as the PC version.
Correct pc is at 2.2.4 and beta 2.2.5 me console idiot is at 1.7 and lets pray ( even I don't do that ) that we will get closer to the pc sooner than later , for that sadly we will have to see how the sales will be and the defs are interested to upgrade Stellaris for console .

Last edited:
But it's not the same game. I don't want make the comparison with Civ Rev but from what I saw it looks totally different than the 1.7 PC version
Don't understand the UI will be different from pc and this seems to be well done but game play wise in the ingame should be the same .

Last edited:
The only thing they removed from the PC 1.7 version are Warp and Wormhole travel.

But that makes sense. Why should they implement a feature that a future patch removes.

Last edited:
The only thing they removed from the PC 1.7 version are Warp and Wormhole travel.

But that makes sense. Why should they implement a future that a future patch removes.

Yeah, I was actually stoked to see they’d done that. The change to hyperlanes only seemed like it gave the map a much-needed geography (judging by the various streams I’ve watched and impressions read, haven’t played myself), and yeah it woulda been super weird to learn all three FTL types only for them to be dropped soon after.