LIVE - BATTLETECH 1.4.0 Release Notes: The One with Localization!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes. Madlibs should run appropriately on tags now. So if a LanceOverride or UnitOverride requests the tag {CUR_TEAM.faction} - then it should replace that with the appropriate faction. You'll still have to tag lances and or units with things like Liao, Kurita, Davion, etc. but the Madlib tag functionality should be working now.

- Eck
Doh. Apparently it's broken in a different way now. I'm working on a fix and will share it back out with modders. Hopefully I can get it into a hotfix soon too.

- Eck

I am very happy for everyone that gets something from this update, but am very dissapointed that the AKSoundEngine.dll issue wasn't acknowledged.

Consider it acknowledged. This is a hot item for me, and we are working on it. We just couldn't get a fix in for this release. Meanwhile, I can tell you that it is being actively investigated.

The translation was something many foreign fans looked forward to but so far, it seems that news is spreading slowly :(

Maybe do some marketing along with this patch? Like a small "welcome russians/germans/[Mod edit: French]" sale?

[Mod note: Please refrain from nationalistic slurs. Thank you]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yayy! Loading screen/times reduced!! Many thanks :) Changes in the font used for the parts of the Argo (Argo, Mech Bay, Navigation, Engineering...)? That surprised me, didn't notice anything wrong with it before.

But I've noticed two strange things after updating to 1.4:
- it happened only in 2 Assassination missions, but when all the OpFor (primary and secondary objectives) were eliminated, I still had to walk to the extraction zone, even there weren't any enemies (first time took my 7 rounds for the Hunchie with all the hills...). Before, when you eliminated all the OpFor, Sumire pick you up wherever you were and mission accomplished, and for other missions (I think it was a Battle) it still happened after clearing the reinforcements too.

- some vehicles still "appear" as (partially alive) enemies after blowing them up. It happened at least in a couple of missions (one was an assassination). It doesn't affect the initiative order as those vehicles are not included in the upper bar, but they still have the number in orange. A screenshot to explain it in the spoiler, if it's worth to report as a bug, just tell me. It's not critical, but at first it confuses quite a lot (I was looking for the enemy in front of me, thinking "is it invisible?")

20190201163640_1.jpg

All saves wiped out by the latest patch, all career progress gone, option only to start again fresh and when you try that, it goes to infinite wait before you can even start it. Two months being unable to play the game because it hung on the loading screen, three days of playing this week following the first patch, now the second and it's not only unplayable, but it's wiped out all progress.

How do I go back to the patch version from earlier this week? There's only options for 1.3.2 (which is the version that never starts)

Wait, what? Sorry I had no time to look at it yesterday, but how do you call a localization ready for release if it has no noun declension?

It looked incredibly distracting in localization beta but I thought it was aknown issue. Have you somehow worked around this by rearranging sentences?

EDIT: Ok, I just had a quick look at it and I'm wondering if changes have been made with the localization at all. Well, I can obviously see the UI-changes that have been made and it looks quite good. But the texts doesn't seem to have any changes at all since the last update.

Our engine did not support it at the time of development. That said, it's something we are currently looking into!

The load times are much better, TY!
As for mods, I have to ask, Paradox claims to support mods with their launcher! Paradox bought HBS, didn't they? Also, why doesn't Paradox have an official Battletech WIKI? The forums are here, so why no wiki here?

As for mods, I have to ask, Paradox claims to support mods with their launcher! Paradox bought HBS, didn't they? Also, why doesn't Paradox have an official Battletech WIKI? The forums are here, so why no wiki here?

why waste time on a new wiki when we already have sarna.net?
it is all the battletech wiki one could ever need or want

Because finding information pertinent to just this version of Battletech is what I need! Sarna is poorly organized for information on HBS/Paradox Battletech! Ultimately, it comes down to this is where the forums relating to this version of Battletech are located, and so I consider this as the place for the wiki that pertains to HBS/Paradox Battletech!

Doh. Apparently it's broken in a different way now. I'm working on a fix and will share it back out with modders. Hopefully I can get it into a hotfix soon too.

- Eck

Per Eck's request, I wanted to let folks know there's a mini-mod that appears to address this issue. You can download it from [Mod edit: no unapproved links, no github], but it requires ModTek. If you want to roll your own it should be very straightforward to take the code and extract it into your own patch.

Thanks for the code to make the fix happen Eck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Eck's request, I wanted to let folks know there's a mini-mod that appears to addresses this issue. You can download it from [Mod edit] but it requires ModTek. If you want to roll your own it should be very straightforward to take the code and extract it into your own patch.

Thanks for the code to make the fix happen Eck!

Woo! Thanks IceRaptor. <3

Because it's a generalized wiki for BattleTech and not this game, and most of the info it has is specifically reference-ready for tabletop. It's unfortunately only so useful in regards to HBS' BattleTech.

Because it's a generalized wiki for BattleTech and not this game, and most of the info it has is specifically reference-ready for tabletop. It's unfortunately only so useful in regards to HBS' BattleTech.

EXACTA"KEREMINDE"MUNDO!!!!! :cool:

Don't get me wrong, I love Sarna as a reference! I highly recommend doing a "wiki walk" through it sometime and seeing about the many many years of lore which are attached to BattleTech. But with regards to this game, it's simply inadequate and not intended to cover the same type of information a game-only wiki would cover.

As for mods, I have to ask, Paradox claims to support mods with their launcher! Paradox bought HBS, didn't they? A
PDX supports, and loves mods. At this time HBS cannot support mods dues to resources available, but does still love them.

then why not create a page on sarna for THIS game?

then why not create a page on sarna for THIS game?

That's not what Sarna is for? It's primarily for fluff and lore rather than rule reference or walkthrough-like materials. This (and the linked articles) is the most we're likely to get.