HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Remember, you can change the model in the division designer. It's just your enemy who won't see the amph model then, but once you put some battalions in a division you change the division model manually in the division designer.

Since last DLC you can pick which 3D models are supposed to represent your units.

Not exactly sure what you mean. Like, yes you can change models but only the type of brigades which make up most of your division. Like a mostly infantry division, you can pick between guy with Assault Rifle, guy with SMG, guy with bolt action rifle, and guy with old WW1 rifle. You can't exactly make the Infantry division model look like a tank or the artillery model.

One every DLC
And in WtT it was after the music and art DD as well, so I'm still hopeful.

Not exactly sure what you mean. Like, yes you can change models but only the type of brigades which make up most of your division. Like a mostly infantry division, you can pick between guy with Assault Rifle, guy with SMG, guy with bolt action rifle, and guy with old WW1 rifle. You can't exactly make the Infantry division model look like a tank or the artillery model.
Iirc, you can change it to whatever battalion type you have in the division, so you'd need at least one artillery battalion to change the unit model to artillery, for example.
Which makes sense really, it'd be ridiculous to be able to change a pure infantry template to SH tanks or whatever.

29.01.19 "That's no moon!"
Link

Desktop 29-01-2019 17-44-35-28.png

Desktop 29-01-2019 17-45-07-57.png

Why is the Yamato-class manpower not "OVER 9000!?!"

Jokes aside. I hope the devs have balanced the losses since the majority of that 9000 manpower requirement should be guys ashore (dockworkers etc) that doesn't go down with the ship (except Seppuku since we're dealing with ww2 Japanese).

Also. All you base are belong to us!

Almost got a Heart Attack because it took so long to get a teaser, I was thinking "release Date, release date!"

Nah they're gonna keep torturing us. Hard to imagine that the one year anniversary of MtG's announcement is fast approaching.

I really wish they had been able to introduce a new resource like copper, but I guess they didn't have the time for that. Seems really strange that most things will require ONLY steel.

Here's hoping the naval AI is decent. I was sad to see we haven't gotten any improvements to naval invasion AI judging from the Netherlands' stream. Japan invaded with infantry alone, and in a piecemeal manner.

They are just fueling our desire for MtG by withholding the release date.

They are just fueling our desire for MtG by withholding the release date.
The production management in the game feeds my left brain desires for numbers, and I cannot think of a game that has production like this. I just cannot play until MtG comes out! I refuse to because of the naval air donkup. So YEEARGH! I want the DLC to come out.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the yellow shield and green gun icons mean?
given there is also a plane I would say main armament for the green gun, with planes, torpedos, guns as the three options.

Guarantee release date tomorrow or I'll record myself eating my shoe and post it on youtube.
don't hold your breath, there are still a few things not properly dealt with and bugs, etc. I think they want to take their time to really polish it. I say let them I can wait till March or April.

After MegaCorp they're probably withholding a release date for longer than usually to make sure they can give MtG the polishing time it needs and not have another PR disaster on their hands.
At least I hope that's the case.

Nah they're gonna keep torturing us. Hard to imagine that the one year anniversary of MtG's announcement is fast approaching.

I really wish they had been able to introduce a new resource like copper, but I guess they didn't have the time for that. Seems really strange that most things will require ONLY steel.

Here's hoping the naval AI is decent. I was sad to see we haven't gotten any improvements to naval invasion AI judging from the Netherlands' stream. Japan invaded with infantry alone, and in a piecemeal manner.

to be fair the fact japan managed to invade indonesia is a huge improvement already :)