• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Where do you know that the game is not released in version 2.2? Would be interested in that point, too.
From what I've saw en read Stellaris has been built from 1.7 or converted to console if you wish and people who are playing now version 2.3 and 2.4 in beta on pc
speak that the game comes to his best/balanced from 2.2 .

My guess is that it's 2.something but not 2.2

Based on Screenshots/Trailers

1. Everything shows hyper lanes - based on the gamescon videos I've seen empires are NOT asked to pick a version of warp/wormhole in creation and the final launch options screen (where you choose difficulty) didn't have the option to limit everyone to warp / etc.
2. It still has the tile system so that limits it to pre 2.2

Although, this seems like a tragic idea since they'll launch with one economy and then a month or a few months later it'll be "new economy guys! removed the tile system!"

Last edited:
My guess is that it's 2.something but not 2.2

Based on Screenshots/Trailers

1. Everything shows hyper lanes - based on the gamescon videos I've seen empires are NOT asked to pick a version of warp/wormhole in creation and the final launch options screen (where you choose difficulty) didn't have the option to limit everyone to warp / etc.
2. It still has the tile system so that limits it to pre 2.2

Although, this seems like a tragic idea since they'll launch with one economy and then a month or a few months later it'll be "new economy guys! removed the tile system!"
Than perhaps it would be better if Stellaris would be released from version 2.2 .
Also ....seeing your link below " Glavius Ultimate AI " doesn't give me not much hope for the AI game play in Stellaris .

Currently its a 1.7 modified version IIRC. (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/patch-choice-1-7-versus-2-0.1115614/)

To answer the OP directly with regards to the Console Edition's versions...
We know. It's one of those high-level decisions that had to be made. There needed to be a branch at some point where we began development of the Console Edition and stopped chasing ever-changing and evolving posts. 2.0 was a massive impact, yes, but by this point we'd already made a lot of progress on the Console Edition that it's just not a sound move to pull the rug from under the development team at Tantalus and start shooting for different versions. This would have been a perpetual thing, because 2.0 was also quite contentious among some of the community.

Anyway, a decision needed to be made and we always have to try and be smarter with our development resource. Money is not infinite, time is not infinite, and throwing more programmers at something does not always make it roll along faster. It was just a wise move, in our opinion.

Catching up with the PC's versions (and probably skipping a few versions in between perhaps!) will be a far easier task with the solid base that Tantalus have built with the core UI, gameplay experience, and overall conversion to console. The decision of what happens next is out of my hands and not within the remit of my role, though, so the rest we'll wait and see. :)

If they don't have different FTL maybe they had removed that from the console version to avoid another "don't remove warp/wormholes" fallout when they finally update 2.0.

Edit: from the sticky post with the annoucment:

Voyagers can choose between standard and deluxe editions (with the deluxe including the Plantoids Species Pack, Leviathans Story Pack and the Utopia Expansion when they are released). Both will include Stellaris version 1.7, with a consistent rollout of popular Stellaris DLC following soon after.