• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apparently gfx are not handled in moddir. So apparently the pictures need to be in the vanilla gfx folder.

Further research may be needed.

Thanks for the info! Wasn´t it supposed to be the other way round, i.e. no more dummies required "upstairs"?
But I´ll give it a try and shift all gfx folders into the "standard" Installation.

It seems clear that moddir working for gfx as well would be the better solution.

What is not clear to me is whether moddir was working for gfx somewhen before. Did 1.11 somehow change things for the worse there compared to 1.10 or an even earlier version?

The issue seems to have appeared with 1.11.

CORE 0.70.8. posted here works very well with 1.10.

But let me first report back whether copying or moving the gfx files into the non-mod-dire data structure fixes the Problem.

Ok, so here is how to get a working CORE 0.70.8 with AoD 1.11:

Install AoD 1.11
Run the CORE installer over the installation.
Place the three files included here in their proper place in mod-CORE2 (misc.txt into mod-CORE2\db and the other two into mod-CORE2\config)
Grab the whole mod-CORE2\gfx folder and copy or move it "upstairs" over the AoD 1.11 gfx folder
Grab the whole mod-CORE2\map folder and copy or move it "upstairs" over the AoD 1.11 map folder
Grab the whole mod-CORE2\scenarios\data folder and copy or move it "upstairs" over the AoD 1.11 scenarios\data folder
The Installation will then NO LONGER WORK AS AN AOD 1.11 VANILLA version, you need a separate install.

You may have to recalulate navdist.tbl (delete it and be patient while the game starts up).

No guarantees, I have just started up CORE on my installation and run it a couple of days.

To the 1.11 developers: apparently AoD 1.11 broke mod-dir for gfx and map files. Seems to work for other files.

Attachments

• misc.txt
    20,5 KB · Views: 150
  • text.csv
    525,3 KB · Views: 69
  • boostertext.csv
    236,4 KB · Views: 61
I know too little about 1.11 to be able to say.

Is this the "Preference_tweak"?

Would it be a lot of trouble to bring some sort of 'beta installer' for the pc noobs around here? (something that puts all the files in the right place)… That way we could have more people test everything and maybe we would get a version that is fully 1.11 compatible...

New to CORE. Is there a summary of the differences/changes from vanilla AoD?

as far as i understand it's tweak and complete. Complete is used to set all techs to desired level, tweak just to adjust some some. The list is some kind of weighted and (heavily?) influenced by tech difficulty. I do not really understand how it works.

I detailed it in \ai\ai_file_doc.txt and the proper thread. It is a bit crowded by discussion here is the essence of it:

For the purposes of importing the softcoding value_dbed has been replaced by the more generic term preference. Either

Code:
technology = {
   preference_complete = {
       7240 = 10 # x 69 = 690 # 1951 Air Cavalry
       [...]
   }
}
or
Code:
technology = {
   preference_tweak = {
       7240 = 10 # x 69 = 690 # 1951 Air Cavalry
       [...]
   }
}
are imported.

preference_complete imports a complete list of preference for all techs. If a tech is not specified, than a default value of 100 is used.

preference_tweak only resets the values in its list.

In practice preference_complete should only be used for the 2 default files, and preference_tweak in all other files to define those values, that do differ from the default files or the last file loaded. At the start of a campaign the default file is loaded first and the dedicated ai file second.

preference is value divided by effective difficulty.

Effective difficulty of a tech is the sum of the effective difficulties of its components. The effective difficulty of a component
is the difficulty as described in the tech files plus 2 and at least 5. In case of "double_time = yes" the effective difficulty is doubled.

preference times effective difficulty is value, 690 in the given example of 1951 Air Cavalry.

score = value x [historical date modifier] / [research time including ministers and ideas but excluding historical date modifier]

Whenever new research project can be started whichever combination of available tech team and available tech scores best will be chosen.

So you should set one or probably 2 identical default files(one for the 8 majors and one for all other nations) using a complete list of all researchable techs. You use preference_complete for that. All other AI files need to have either no technology section, an empty technology section or one only using preference_tweak to define those preferences to the default file.

In my case the default file is designed for nations with 1 tech slots, nations with more tech slots use different files. They ones for nations with 2 tech slots differ little, the ones for nation with 10 tech slots differ a lot.

Essentially the tech is choosen, whose preference times effective difficulty divided by the expected days for completion scores best. The point is count in how well currently availble tech teams and ministers and ideas are suited for a tech project and thus avoid the stupidity of the older system.

Will try it (but will be travelling for a couple of days).
And will try to make clean install ...

AI:
Does the AI still understand preference = ? and endgoal and ignore?

AI:

AI:

AI: