Imperator - Development Diary - 14th of January 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No.Dictatorship is normal institution in Roman Republic when someone is granted special powers to resolve some kind of problems that would otherwise be hard to handle.

If I remember correctly it's confirmed that in Imperator one can have dictatorship granted by the senate and results are that for some time you don't need their approval for actions. I don't remember where I read it so I may be wrong.

In Eu: Rome dictatorships worked as monarchy and you needed to change government form to go back to Republic which required stab loss. That was quite stupid so I hope it won't work like this in Imperator.
In Rome, a dictator was a special, constitutional office, where one person would be granted supreme power for a (if I remember correctly) 6 month term. Cincinnatus served as dictator, then returned to his farm.

In the classical Greek era, there were tyrants who had seized power of a state without a hereditary claim to power. There was quite a bit of tension between tyrants, kings and democracies. I believe Syracuse was ruled by a tyrant in the Imperator: Rome starting period, and there may have been other tyrants among the Greek colonies, though the core city states have mostly been absorbed into one or another of the Diadochi. This probably is closest to what @cristofolmc meant by dictatorship.

I was having a look at Archisomatophylakon. This in Greek is plural. In singular it would Archisomatophylaks with Ξ-ξ Αρχισωματοφύλαξ. Chief bodyguard.

Worse. Archisomatophylakon is either plural, but in genetive (instead of proper nominative) if written with omega, or non-existent nominative neutrum variant of the word if written with omicron. Basically anyone, who let this text in game should write it correctly hundred times on the walls of Babylon, before sun comes up or we'll cut his balls off. Hail Basileus.

No.Dictatorship is normal institution in Roman Republic when someone is granted special powers to resolve some kind of problems that would otherwise be hard to handle.

If I remember correctly it's confirmed that in Imperator one can have dictatorship granted by the senate and results are that for some time you don't need their approval for actions. I don't remember where I read it so I may be wrong.

In Eu: Rome dictatorships worked as monarchy and you needed to change government form to go back to Republic which required stab loss. That was quite stupid so I hope it won't work like this in Imperator.

Yes, I thought so.

And as I said, as of the latest info on that, dictatorship is just a law that allows for longer period elected and gives some bonus. Not great but still better than in EU Rome.

I am so playing a game as Parthia.

That’d be the Seleucid satrap of Parthia. If you want the famous parthians you should start as one of the countries to the north. Like the parni. :)
You may still form Parthia if you conquer the region though.

A suggestion, egyptian marriage will inevitable be modded or cheated to be used outside of egypt. I'd suggest naming it Divine Marriage for the future uses it will get

Specially for modders

Good stuff. As I am far more interested in dynastic politics than party politics this was a very interesting diary to read.

That’d be the Seleucid satrap of Parthia. If you want the famous parthians you should start as one of the countries to the north. Like the parni. :)
You may still form Parthia if you conquer the region though.
How quickly can you conquer the Selucid empire? Conquest during the time could happen rather quickly, like defeating Selucid decisively may be enough to more or less capture most of their land. However neither EU: Rome nor EUIV allow you to take such advantage of your victories.

-Can I made whole persian pops greeks with a click?

Multible clicks most likely. And only if you have 1.000.000 "mana". Look how populus and large Persia is. You need to use many for every single one. Have fun. I'm pretty sure using governor policy is more useful here...

You need a Achaemenid for this. And the only one surviving is the female ruler of Heracleia.
And lo and behold, a potential restoration of the Achaemenid Empire is possible dynastically. Now we just need to harass persuade bribe charm the devs into putting the decision into the game.

How quickly can you conquer the Selucid empire? Conquest during the time could happen rather quickly, like defeating Selucid decisively may be enough to more or less capture most of their land. However neither EU: Rome nor EUIV allow you to take such advantage of your victories.
Because multiplayer probably.