• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As for type counts for other countries. Can you see the breakup of types? As far as I am aware you can only see estimated total planes for other countries.

You can't but you can make some good guesses based on what they are deploying against you and how fast their advances are/how good their air superiorty is. Close air support and strategy bombers are kings in the air game, with fighters useful for keeping then safe (if you can't replace them or advance quick enough to take out air bases) and naval bombers are cheaper than navies

This war is a mess.

- General TBC, Commanding Officer, 3rd Army

We certainly agree.

The fighting in Peru can be described only as hellish. Thick jungle and snow peaked mountains make any form of vehicle useless, and ambushes are a daily occurrence for those units unfortunate enough to be leading the armies. The quick progress against Colombia and Venezuela is nowhere to be found in Peru, where every shadow hides another enemy ready to throw himself to his doom, bringing as many Americans with him as he can.

I viewed it as America trying to take an especially awful Japanese island or Vietnam only with even fewer advantages and with a far larger war happening elsewhere.

Far from South America, the north of Picardy is nearly a wasteland. After months of endless fighting, the towns and villages are abandoned, the cities destroyed, and the landscape stained with artillery craters.

Here's the other worry. Even if we win, rebuilding the world is going to be enournously expensive and difficult, especially with america shouldering much more of the war effort far sooner, and far closer to home.

As they lose ground on land, the sea and air battle exceed all expectations. The Battle for the Channel is now entirely in Anglo favor. Lotharingia's navy is no more, as are most of the navies of the other Covenant countries.

I'm sure some ambitious admiral or general is demanding we take advantage by opening up a second front along the north coast of Europe somewhere. Quite whether this is a good idea or something that would only get millions of men killed , who can say?

Within a month, the northern line has collapsed, and the Covenant pushes deep into British territory and along the coast.

Not good. Especially with, as we see, Britian does get nearly pushed out entierly. Whether you can all hold the line may prove mute with such morale sapping results like that.

In South America, Operation Mountain Storm begins. This operation is simply a push into Peruvian territory. Instead of trying to encircle and capture enemy troops, as was the policy in Peru since 1940

TBC's policy, which was under the theory that land in Peru is essentially irrelevant as the people can hide anywhere, thus their capture via traps and enforcement is the only way to victory. However, this strategy is poltically unpopular because it doesn't show on a map very well and casulaties are getting higher and higher. So...

General Khaine, in charge of all US forces in South America, believes that Peru will collapse if its capital is taken.

Or rather, he believes he and his staff will probably be fired if he doesn't take it soon. The president is under severe fire on the home front to deliver results and it is becoming very clear to everyone that the south american campaign needs to end as quickly as possible. Thus, a mighty push forwards is ordered.

I imagine some spectacular arguments behind closed doors between TBC, Khaine and Dover would occur. Both General TBC and (resumbaly field marshal/5*general) Khaine are worried about losing their posts but also keenly aware their men are sick both physically and of the war. So a forward push might lead to disaster as much as a capital victory.

As Lotharingia has always had its eye on the NGF, there is no telling how this will affect Covenant-Stali relations.

A second front there would also be a blessing. Not sure if it would happen though.
Even though the Peruvian capital's fall did not mean the fall of Peru, as was predicted, 10 divisions of the enemy, nearly a hundred thousand, are trapped behind our lines. Their capture would be an enormous step towards victory in South America.

"Perhaps there is a God after all.
Somehow, we have been given a grand deliverance. After a frankly awful couple of weeks of marching, disease and death, waiting for either the inevitable call from Dover calling for my resignation (or court martial afrer that last fight with Khaine) or even worse, a mutiny in the ranks, we reached the city.
We shelled it flat. No one slept for three nights for the screams. I doubt any of us will sleep quite the same again.
But it got results, and that was what was demanded of us. We'd all heard stories of back home. The country was begining to lose heart and turn on itself. This war needed to be won. And we could go home.

So we fought. Did terrible things. Khaine got his capital but as I suspected the war did not end. However, the deliverance of 100k encricled men who clearly did not expect us to mount such an insane campaign may well prove the end of the war here.

It's funny. In the end both of us were 'right' in our own way and thus we should both survive this ckuster fuck of a camapign. God...what a mess. What a waste. I actually pity Khaine. He had no idea what was to happen here...I certainly did not.

I do not know how much rest we shall have after this. I advised most strongly for a month of recuperation but with the war in europe being what it is (the public does not know the half of it), I suspect we will get weeks at best. These men don't deserve that."

-General TBC, 3rd army command

With over a year of no progress in Europe, and slow and bloody steps in South America, support for the war in many US towns and cities has dropped. More and more industries are converted to military use, and more and more products become hard to come by. The American people are unhappy.

His military advisers, scared at the prospect of a huge lack of supplies, advises an immediate show of military force to quell the strikes. The President disagrees and goes with the much more measured approach.

Urgent telegrams from Peru about victory there and strong advice from non-insane members of his government make the president see reason and gamble his chances on an end to the war in the americas, some good old fashioned propaganada and bribery solving this problem.

To everyone's surprise, Persia does not fall to Turkestan. On the contrary, they have completely annexed the invading nation, and Persia has doubled in size.

...that's, actually probably not good news.

American media is reporting that the end of the war in Europe is months away.

It's always going to be in the back of people's minds now South America is secure: we could just leave the rest of the world to burn, couldnt we?

Peru capitulates on the 12th of October, and their troops throw down their arms and surrender. Several thousand Lotharingian troops fight on from Peru's defacto capital, Forte do Principe, but they do not last long. A few divisions remain to clean up the mess.

"It is over. We won. And I have never seen such weary cheer on men's faces. Too tired to stand, they slump in victory. All tension and adrenaline keeping us going fades and in its place, our aches return with a vengence. This place is hell. I am glad to be rid of it.

The commander however seems distant and, if possible, in an even worse mood. I hope to God he hasn't been told we ship out elsewhere soon. I shall have to resist the urge to strike him in the face if that happens. We would be throwing our men away for that."

The rest, so tired from a year of horrific fighting, are sent to Iberia. The invasion of Arabia must be planned.

"So we are betrayed. Already the mood has balckened considerably and I wonder for the first time if I am to survive the night amongst my own soldiers. But I do not think they would harm me, and I would try to stop them hurting anyone else. It is not anyone here at fault, but someone else who decided that our reward for conqiering hell is years fighting in a fucking desert.

Yes, we are better suited to it. I can actually use tanks there...myself from three years ago would jump at the chance to rewrite the book on tanker warfare out there. But now...I have always been a soldier and a patriot. And a good example of both. Now?

Fuck Mr Dunaden and his ilk. We will take Arabia. And then we're going to come back and build a far better country than the one we are bleeding for now.

The protests turn into riots in Detroit and Chicago, and several dozen die in clashes.

Breeding ground for communists, Fascists, and people scared of communists and fascists.

Dunaden signs the National Workers' Act on December 20th, 1941, as the strikes reach an alarming level.

Still, there are severe shortages of tanks, artillery, and planes after months of halted production. It will take months to repair the damage done to the war effort.

When the news breaks about actual victorious armies being carted off immediatly to europe with no recuperstion or shore leave, people are going to hit the roof. Especially now censors back off about south america and the press and public find out about the real horrors of what happened down there.

Very good chapter. The world seems to be coming apart at the seams. I wonder if the covenant is suffering as much on their sife of things?

Enemies and allies are falling rapidly, and we've got strikes in the homeland. I'm not sure if the war could handle you bowing out, but if this keeps up America may need to prioritize.

Enemies and allies are falling rapidly, and we've got strikes in the homeland. I'm not sure if the war could handle you bowing out, but if this keeps up America may need to prioritize.

As said...we have technically won the bits of the war we needed to win. With the covenant navy destroyed, we could withdraw everything and just send planes and resources...but isolationism wouldn't be something we can come back from for a long while. Especially because our chief allies have a huge presence in the Americas themselves and are key partners in most of our interests. Losing the british and the anglo alliance means we're stuck in america rebuilding the continent by ourselves and basically abandoning all intrests outside of it except for maybe china.

Which...would be a grave mistake but poltics might make it happen anyway.

Tbh it looks like a raise of Communism.

Exactly what I am afraid of as well.

Very good chapter. The world seems to be coming apart at the seams. I wonder if the covenant is suffering as much on their sife of things?

I do love when things start falling apart! Judging by their manpower reserves and what not, I would say the Covenant is gonna start panicking any day now.

I know for sure that the Teutons would have fallen after a few months of the war, had we not aided them. And even now, they need us to defend them or they will fall.

As said...we have technically won the bits of the war we needed to win. With the covenant navy destroyed, we could withdraw everything and just send planes and resources...but isolationism wouldn't be something we can come back from for a long while. Especially because our chief allies have a huge presence in the Americas themselves and are key partners in most of our interests. Losing the british and the anglo alliance means we're stuck in america rebuilding the continent by ourselves and basically abandoning all intrests outside of it except for maybe china.

Which...would be a grave mistake but poltics might make it happen anyway.

We have secured our southern security, but leaving now would mean the fall of the Teutons, and possibly even the eventual fall of the British.

Chapter 9 - Dec 1941: The Invasion of North Africa

President Andrei Kornilov listens to the report, stirring honey into his tea. Picardy capitulated, Britain barely hanging on to Brittany, and the Americans struggling to hold the line in Iberia. The Covenant of Steel, the most hated fascists, will surely come out on top. Despite his hate for fascism, his hate for the Americans is nearly on par. Long has their government accused his of war crimes and crimes against humanity. He is also tired of the accusations of tyranny and, unbelievably, fascism! No, he would not be stepping in for a long time. Perhaps when Japan falls, Russia will look to the west.

In the US, another issue is added to Dunaden's troubled mind. The Election of 1942 is just 7 months away. Come July, his term will be over, and the people will decide who will replace him. Dunaden will not run for another term. In October of 1941, he was diagnosed with Polio. He will not be president for another 4 years. He will retire to the country, like his predecessor Jacobweller.

The first marines make landfall in Arabian North Africa on the 30th of December. The port of Al Rif is recaptured, as is the city. The Strait of Gibraltar, so long controlled by the Covenant, is back in Anglo hands. Since the port was taken, only submarines were able to make their way into the Mediterranean sea, but now even the largest aircraft carriers have access. The Iron Fleet is sent to gain control of the seas.

CMOywCW.jpg

The tanks land right after and run to the east and to the west to capture naval bases. The 20 division 6th Army, hardened by the worst combat Peru had to offer, sets sail to take part as well.

sci3hWJ.jpg

Progress is quick, and soon the marines take most of the west. Inexplicably, Morocco seems extremely under guarded. A few Arabian and Lotharingian divisions hold up the advance eastward, but for the most part, there is little resistance to the invasion.

W2DTsHp.jpg

4 divisions are surrounded and, after a few days of fighting, they surrender. Now the way is clear to the east. As far as any general is concerned, the absence of enemy troops is nothing more than luck smiling down on them. In reality, the swift and brutal sea combat in the Mediterranean by the Anglo Alliance a few months before the invasion meant that the Arabians, who moved the majority of their military back to Egypt, were unable to reinforce their territory once the invasion began.

03Uvesq.jpg

A million Covenant troops begin a suicidal offensive against the line. The majority of the attacks are stopped, killing thousands on each sound, but a few parts of the line give in and lose ground. The Covenant policy of quantity over quality is pulling through.

G9K3hOJ.jpg

They break through the line by Perpignan, and the capital of the Teutonic Order is taken once more.

yIInuxD.jpg

The tank division from North Africa is sent to deal with the breach, and it is under control within a week. Still, the offensive is underway, and the entire line is suffering.

b9Ofd6N.jpg

The push back up to Perpignan is made in mid March, and the city is back in Teutonic hands by the 24th.

itbvAX6.jpg

Arabian North Africa is taken by the end of March. The invading forces prepare for the next step: taking Lebanon. Lebanon will make a great base for the invasion of Egypt, a necessary endeavor, if Arabia is ever to fall. The invasion date is set for May 30th, and the Iron Fleet does its best to clear the Mediterranean of Arabian, Carinthian, and Provencial ships.

v2cRqv9.jpg

Surprisingly, Britain has managed to hold on to Brittany, and a new plan to push back to the east is in the works. A US army of 7 divisions, 8th Army, sets sail from New England to join this offensive.

cWxQbQY.jpg

The Polish invasion of the NGF does not do well. Nearly a year after Poland started the war, only a few eastern provinces have been taken.

Meenen has had his eye on the small yet powerful nation for years now, and he does not want it to be taken by the likes of the Stali Pact. Knowing the NGF is on borrowed time, he declares war. It does not take long, and a few weeks later the country is swallowed by the Polish to the east and the Lotharingians to the west.

w8xGS60.jpg

UCzReop.jpg

The invasion forces set sail on the 30th. The coast of Lebanon is spotted on the 14th of June, and the landings begin. They meet fierce resistance to the north, and minor to the south. The marines successfully take the central province and make their way north to aid in the landings up there.

alLBdpN.jpg

As Lebanon is taken, construction of a runway begins. If Egypt is to be taken, air support is paramount. It takes another month to root out the last of the Arabian resistance in Lebanon.

After months of campaigning, the election takes place on the 7th of July. Dunaden's chosen successor of the Republican party, Amos Eternien, wins by a comfortable amount. Dunaden's policies will be continued.

cf0MbjZ.jpg

The Covenant navy, destroyed so early in the war, has been rebuilt, and Carinthia's 37 ships meet the Grand Fleet in the Adriatic for the largest naval battle since the Battle for the Channel. It lasts for several days and, by the end of it, dozens of Carinthian ships are sunk at the loss of just a few US destroyers.

QvHL8vG.jpg

The Fourth Reich is reborn on the 12th of July as a puppet state of Lotharingia. Although not really the alliance with the NGF that Lotharingia was imagining, the Covenant grows one member stronger.

Fb4SuoF.jpg

The Covenant offensive against the line loses strength as tens of thousands lay dead. With Operation Rising Eagle in the dump, another offensive is planned. General Jabby launches the offensive in early August.

K3uyhaX.jpg

By this point, there have been 6 million deaths from the war. The Pacific War has seen 4 million deaths. The last 5 years have been the bloodiest in history. Lotharingia has suffered nearly 7 million casualties since the war began, and their manpower is running low. Across the country, the supply of healthy young men is depleted, and suddenly many of the units are manned by those who are too many years young or too many years old. Its Air Force is also suffering, with barely 500 working planes left. As fearsome an adversary that Lotharingia appears to the outside world, on the inside, it is rotting.

The first marines make landfall in Arabian North Africa on the 30th of December. The port of Al Rif is recaptured, as is the city. The Strait of Gibraltar, so long controlled by the Covenant, is back in Anglo hands. Since the port was taken, only submarines were able to make their way into the Mediterranean sea, but now even the largest aircraft carriers have access. The Iron Fleet is sent to gain control of the seas.

An iconic photograph of the allied flags being rasied on top of the Rock circles the globe. A no less iconic shot of Khaine and TBC celebrating liberation with a pint with all their soldiers causes amusment in the Britsh establishment and embarrassment with the Americans.

Progress is quick, and soon the marines take most of the west. Inexplicably, Morocco seems extremely under guarded. A few Arabian and Lotharingian divisions hold up the advance eastward, but for the most part, there is little resistance to the invasion.

TBC was very pleased his soldiers had no fighting to do. They and he were still pissed at the speedy redeployment and hasty ride across the Atlantic. A week or two to acclimate to the desert without fighting was a great blessing. It also allowed him to open up the taps on his tanks for the first time in months.

In reality, the swift and brutal sea combat in the Mediterranean by the Anglo Alliance a few months before the invasion meant that the Arabians, who moved the majority of their military back to Egypt, were unable to reinforce their territory once the invasion began.

The allies didn't actually find all of these forces until spy and scout planes found them after a few days of intense paranoia about traps and encirclements. Relief at the enemy being so out of postion quickly led to shouting between various british commanders as to how the navy managed to miss the oppurtunity to send the entire Arabian army to the bottom of the sea.

They break through the line by Perpignan, and the capital of the Teutonic Order is taken once more.

A black day indeed.

The tank division from North Africa is sent to deal with the breach, and it is under control within a week.

This is done with a fairly heavy heart by TBC. He knows he is probably sending those tankers into a grinding hell of a war whilst in Africa they might have done some real good. With tanks in short supply however, Europe was always going to come first.

Arabian North Africa is taken by the end of March. The invading forces prepare for the next step: taking Lebanon. Lebanon will make a great base for the invasion of Egypt, a necessary endeavor, if Arabia is ever to fall. The invasion date is set for May 30th, and the Iron Fleet does its best to clear the Mediterranean of Arabian, Carinthian, and Provencial ships.

The exhausted americans finally get some respite and rest whilst this is going on. A gruelling march across a large desert only days afrer securing south africa had taken its toll on all of them. However, they had earned the respect and admiration of pretty much the entire world for their efforts, and even the enemy propoganda couldn't find much bad to say about them. That was reserved for their commanders and the politicians back home.

Surprisingly, Britain has managed to hold on to Brittany

Their finest hour.

The invasion forces set sail on the 30th. The coast of Lebanon is spotted on the 14th of June, and the landings begin. They meet fierce resistance to the north, and minor to the south. The marines successfully take the central province and make their way north to aid in the landings up there.

The cry of 'Christmas in Turkey' is heard throughout, in what seems to have become a TBC tradition of declaring an optimistic end to a camapign just as it begins, whatever the actual reality of the situation might be. Still, it helps morale.

After months of campaigning, the election takes place on the 7th of July. Dunaden's chosen successor of the Republican party, Amos Eternien, wins by a comfortable amount. Dunaden's policies will be continued.

But he will not be missed by America's soldiers. The african armies especially will never forgive him for his percieved interference in Peru and their treatment having won south america.

The Covenant navy, destroyed so early in the war, has been rebuilt, and Carinthia's 37 ships meet the Grand Fleet in the Adriatic for the largest naval battle since the Battle for the Channel. It lasts for several days and, by the end of it, dozens of Carinthian ships are sunk at the loss of just a few US destroyers.

This will probably be seen as a turning point by later historians. The last best chance for the covenant to at least try to compete navally fails. From now on, they are pinned down where they are on land, or rely on air travel.

By this point, there have been 6 million deaths from the war. The Pacific War has seen 4 million deaths. The last 5 years have been the bloodiest in history. Lotharingia has suffered nearly 7 million casualties since the war began, and their manpower is running low. Across the country, the supply of healthy young men is depleted, and suddenly many of the units are manned by those who are too many years young or too many years old. Its Air Force is also suffering, with barely 500 working planes left. As fearsome an adversary that Lotharingia appears to the outside world, on the inside, it is rotting.

This war is hell.

At least it looks like the enemy is falling apart faster than you.

What remarkable callousness. That should be an in-universe quote.

The issue most apparent is this war is going to encourage isolation when the us should be spending as much resource as possible to stop euorpe and amercia falling to extremism.

So, things should start to move forward for the allies.

I was pretty relieved when I copped a look at their manpower and saw 0. Realistically, it would be pretty horrific if they had 0, since they started the war with something like 3 or 4 million.

An iconic photograph of the allied flags being rasied on top of the Rock circles the globe. A no less iconic shot of Khaine and TBC celebrating liberation with a pint with all their soldiers causes amusment in the Britsh establishment and embarrassment with the Americans.

TBC was very pleased his soldiers had no fighting to do. They and he were still pissed at the speedy redeployment and hasty ride across the Atlantic. A week or two to acclimate to the desert without fighting was a great blessing. It also allowed him to open up the taps on his tanks for the first time in months.

The allies didn't actually find all of these forces until spy and scout planes found them after a few days of intense paranoia about traps and encirclements. Relief at the enemy being so out of postion quickly led to shouting between various british commanders as to how the navy managed to miss the oppurtunity to send the entire Arabian army to the bottom of the sea.

A black day indeed.

This is done with a fairly heavy heart by TBC. He knows he is probably sending those tankers into a grinding hell of a war whilst in Africa they might have done some real good. With tanks in short supply however, Europe was always going to come first.

The exhausted americans finally get some respite and rest whilst this is going on. A gruelling march across a large desert only days afrer securing south africa had taken its toll on all of them. However, they had earned the respect and admiration of pretty much the entire world for their efforts, and even the enemy propoganda couldn't find much bad to say about them. That was reserved for their commanders and the politicians back home.

Their finest hour.

The cry of 'Christmas in Turkey' is heard throughout, in what seems to have become a TBC tradition of declaring an optimistic end to a camapign just as it begins, whatever the actual reality of the situation might be. Still, it helps morale.

But he will not be missed by America's soldiers. The african armies especially will never forgive him for his percieved interference in Peru and their treatment having won south america.

This will probably be seen as a turning point by later historians. The last best chance for the covenant to at least try to compete navally fails. From now on, they are pinned down where they are on land, or rely on air travel.

This war is hell.

Expert analysis! Please continue these, I do love reading them!

What a great quote!

What remarkable callousness. That should be an in-universe quote.

The issue most apparent is this war is going to encourage isolation when the us should be spending as much resource as possible to stop euorpe and amercia falling to extremism.

Yes, if the US is to isolate itself after the war, then Europe would be left to the will of the Stali Pact. And at the moment the Russians and the Chinese each have something like 400 divisions. They together could easily steamroll the rest of the world.

Yes, if the US is to isolate itself after the war, then Europe would be left to the will of the Stali Pact. And at the moment the Russians and the Chinese each have something like 400 divisions. They together could easily steamroll the rest of the world.

That's exactly what I'm worried about. This war totally devastated all of the western world. and it's not even end of it.

Expert analysis! Please continue these, I do love reading them!

Oh good, I am relieved you think I haven't gone too far. Mind you I contained myself this time to a bombastic but generally decent and talented general rather than an eldritch abomination possessing a corpse. Poor @Bullfilter...

I was pretty relieved when I copped a look at their manpower and saw 0. Realistically, it would be pretty horrific if they had 0, since they started the war with something like 3 or 4 million.

Always a special moment when as the SU I saw both the UK and US with zero manpower and hundreds of divisions each, I have the same, and its 1950 and we all have dozens of nukes and rocket sights. The cold war suddenly had a new perspective put on it.

That's exactly what I'm worried about. This war totally devastated all of the western world. and it's not even end of it.

I'm astounded the West stood and took TWO world war ones with escalating casualties without anyone falling to facism and communism except some of the losers. No way that happens this time. Communism is probably going to come in big time and in this world, the populations are so crippled that they'll probably try for a one world revolution not national unions.

Edit: and now I think about it, America is going to have issues when their exhuasted but very succesful Africa armies headed by two decorated war heroes comes home and starts demanding changes. Segregated army units aren't going to help...actually there's so much to get changed from otl plus all the ttl problems with fewer people and less money.

Chapter 10 - Aug 1942: The Tides Turn

The Capital of Russia, Stara Ladoga, lies on the southern coast of Lake Ladoga. It is a small but beautiful old city just a hundred miles from Russia's border with the UBP. Most of the government is not here, though. Much of the government buildings are in Leningrad, just west of Stara Ladoga. Much of the government also works in Leningrad, and even President Kornilov is only in Stara Ladoga for a few days a month.

The government of Russia is currently split between those who are loyal to Kornilov and those who are loyal to the ideals of democracy. Changing the government to one less aligned with democracy would not be possible in the current situation, with the perpetual war with the Asian Conference and the split in the upper house. Luckily, he has plans to deal with both of those issues.

In the US, President Eternien authorizes a secret project called the Boston Project. Working with Britain, and using the ideas put forth by a scientist in Norfolk, the Boston Project will work on creating a super powerful bomb using nuclear fusion. Although originally in Boston, the Boston Project is moved to New Mexico.

The battle for Egypt begins in a terrible fight 50 miles from Cairo. An entire division in surrounded and captured, and the rest suffer unbelievable casualties. A week long battle ends with the American capture of the Port of Dumyat, and more troops begin arriving to help the marines.

tSv6HOn.jpg

Benin and its ally Aquitaine invade southern Mali in late August. Benin's alliance, called simply the Red, is the only Communist alliance in the world.

2zZmZ3G.jpg

Cairo falls in October. It is the most intense fighting in North Africa to date. A near constant sandstorm blows over Lower Egypt as the American troops struggle forward. The superior air power of the US proves vital, and thousands of bombs drop on Arabian troops. Soon after, the Suez Canal is capture.

7KeQ20w.jpg

Several dozen Arabian divisions are surrounded in 3 different pockets. 2 hundred thousand enemy troops throw down their arms, reducing the Arabian army by a third.

FDo0X8h.jpg

With the destruction of their land forces, the Arabians are helpless to stop the flow of Americans. By December, the Americans have reached Upper Egypt.

ZdYnUWz.jpg

The Reds' war with Mali does not go as planned, and soon Benin is on the retreat. As Mali unleashes its potential, it announces an alliance with Japan. Now, the War in the Pacific has expanded into Africa as well.

S80lGpJ.jpg

Arabia falls on Christmas day, 1942. The government flees to its territorial holdings in Yemen, as its entire army surrenders. The marines and a newly formed army of special mountain divisions are sent to mop up the Middle East in the Arabian Peninsula.

1g7rAbY.jpg

The offensive in Europe continues to fling back hundreds of thousands of Covenant troops thrown at the line. Despite the enemy offensive, progress is made, and Picardian territory is entered in the new year. The lines are close to joining again.

klQ0fEQ.jpg

In the east, China invades the fascist nation of Cambodia. While they give some absurd justification for their war, it is obvious they do not trust a fascist country to the south, as they are still fighting fascist Japan.

NNVJdoo.jpg

Provence is entered in mid February. For the first time in the war, American troops are marching into Covenant European territory. Provence falls as their capital is taken. Just a week later, the lines meet, and thousands of Covenant troops are caught in a pocket. They surrender a few days later.

GZuXsBr.jpg

Q4ZIPqi.jpg

The Pacific war sees the first change in many months. Russia successfully lands troops on the southern island of Kyushu. No doubt hundreds of thousands of Russian troops are being transported there at this moment.

JcIkKtq.jpg

The momentum carries the Anglo troops all the way to the border of the homeland of the Lotharingians. All of the overrun Teutonic lands are retaken, and nearly all of Picardy is liberated. After nearly 3 years of occupation, the lands once taken are back in the alliance.

o7jnTiN.jpg

The morning of April 6th, 1943 reveals a clear, crisp day in Leningrad. The few spots of snow, evidence of last month's snow storm, still lie on the grass, as drops of melting icicles drip lazily off the roofs of buildings. The government buildings are already alive with workers at 8. But something is wrong. All of Kornilov's most loyal men are not in the building. They are not in Leningrad at all.

The sound of automobiles and trams in the city is interrupted by a series of explosions. The clear sky is marred as smoke and debris and flame rise hundreds of feet in the air. The government buildings are nothing more than a flaming ruin of burning matter.

And the death does not end there. Throughout the country, Kornilov's men storm buildings of suspected enemies of the state, arresting them. Pyotr Kolchak, the man who planned on running against Kornilov, is blamed for the explosion. Within hours, he is arrested.

What will become known as Grisly Tuesday is over by 8PM, and all those who were suspected as have opposing ideas are dead. Kornilov gives himself 'temporary' executive powers to 'deal with the situation'. It was quick and dirty, and suddenly Russia is no longer any kind of democracy. Suddenly, Russia is a dictatorship.

k70Bew0.jpg

About time we call Russia what it is. Looks like someone needs some FREEDOM!

Much of the government buildings are in Leningrad,

They had a lenin to name a city after? Can't quite recall.

The battle for Egypt begins in a terrible fight 50 miles from Cairo. An entire division in surrounded and captured, and the rest suffer unbelievable casualties. A week long battle ends with the American capture of the Port of Dumyat, and more troops begin arriving to help the marines.

Cairo falls in October. It is the most intense fighting in North Africa to date. A near constant sandstorm blows over Lower Egypt as the American troops struggle forward. The superior air power of the US proves vital, and thousands of bombs drop on Arabian troops. Soon after, the Suez Canal is capture.

"My father told me stories of the last war. Every day began before sunrise with patrols coming back in and men getting ready. Then something called the morning hate happened. Your guys and the other guys tried their hardest to blow each other out of the trenches. For an hour or so. The quiet and often still dark morning sky turns red and fills with smoke, screams of bombs and men.

We had our own morning hate these past few days. A damn sandstorm came in right as we were landing on the beaches and never gave out. We fought the wretched arabs blind, victory only becoming known once we had expended most of our ammo to find there was no one left to shoot back. We and they lost thousabds on that veach, and I mean that quite literally. We'll probably never find most of the bodies to send home.

We took Cairo. Of course we did. After everything we've done, I'm not sure a march across Europe and into the mouth of hell could stop us much. These men are the finest soldiers in the world. And there's too damn few of them from when we started. I can see it in Khaine's face, as well as most of the officers. We are in command of good people, and they do their jobs with distinction. And we can offer no comfort but that of competence, and marching straight into hell with them. I have no idea when this war will end or when Dover will tell us to cease marching.

I think they will not like whst happens when we turn around."

-General TBC, 3rd Army

The Reds' war with Mali does not go as planned, and soon Benin is on the retreat. As Mali unleashes its potential, it announces an alliance with Japan. Now, the War in the Pacific has expanded into Africa as well.

Good grief.

Arabia falls on Christmas day, 1942.

Hah! Khaine owes me a pint. Two out of three ain't bad.

The marines and a newly formed army of special mountain divisions are sent to mop up the Middle East in the Arabian Peninsula.

Because of course we are. No rest for the wicked...and if we showed up in Europe we'd probably embarras everyone by winning the war ourselves.

The Pacific war sees the first change in many months. Russia successfully lands troops on the southern island of Kyushu. No doubt hundreds of thousands of Russian troops are being transported there at this moment.

Huh. Genuinely a bit suprised they managed that. Japan must have lost its whole navy. Or russia has a monster fleet.

The momentum carries the Anglo troops all the way to the border of the homeland of the Lotharingians. All of the overrun Teutonic lands are retaken, and nearly all of Picardy is liberated. After nearly 3 years of occupation, the lands once taken are back in the alliance.

Seems they have broken and lost too many men. Can they reform in time?

suddenly Russia is no longer any kind of democracy. Suddenly, Russia is a dictatorship.

...great. Add it to my list:mad:;)

Just as things were looking better. Well, at least Russia is keeping things interesting.

Reread the vicky aar to refresh memory and it astounds me how peacful europe was for most of the 19th century. I expect many post war will be demanding or nostalgic for super european states or perhaps one pan europe union because it really has seemed to keep the peace very well in this universe.

Just as things were looking better. Well, at least Russia is keeping things interesting.

They are very good at that.

Reread the vicky aar to refresh memory and it astounds me how peacful europe was for most of the 19th century. I expect many post war will be demanding or nostalgic for super european states or perhaps one pan europe union because it really has seemed to keep the peace very well in this universe.

We need a rebirth of the HRE-Byzantium Union, or maybe the Carinth-Hungarian Empire.