Paradox Interactive acquires Prison Architect from Introversion Games

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Azurespecter

Influencer Manager
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Aug 14, 2013
twitter.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Hello Prison Architects!

I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself real quick: I'm Jonathan, a Community Manager at Paradox Interactive over simulation titles like Cities: Skylines and Surviving Mars.

I'm here to announce that after a long and amazing partnership with Introversion, Prison Architect and the associated IP have been acquired by Paradox Interactive. This is something we are all very excited about, me especially! Paradox and Introversion have been working together since 2017 on the Prison Architect: Mobile titles, and mutually eager to see how we can expand and grow this amazing community.

Paradox Interactive Press Release
VentureBeat Press Release

“Ever since our partnership with Introversion in 2017, the Paradox team has felt that Prison Architect is a natural fit for our catalogue,” said Ebba Ljungerud, CEO of Paradox Interactive. “Just as we’ve done for other management-strategy games like Cities: Skylines and Surviving Mars, I believe the considerable player base of Prison Architect will be excited to see where we can take the game next, and we’re eager to explore development of potential new games based off of the ‘Architect’ IP. We promise to exercise good behavior with this cherished title going forward.”
-Ebba Ljungerud, CEO of Paradox Interactive​

prisonarchitectannouncement.png

We realize you probably have some questions - like, "Prison Architect 2 confirmed?" or "Are you going to make a [Insert any noun here] Architect game now?"

To this we reply: We have lots of ideas! Our team's are hard at work watching prison escape movies and are several seasons into the TV series Oz for inspiration, but at this time we have no concrete plans to share. We will be keeping you informed wherever we go though!

Speaking of which, if you have more questions or want to continue following us and our ideas, here are some ways you can do so:

1) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ParadoxInteractive/
2) Twitter: https://twitter.com/PdxInteractive
3) Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/paradox_interactive/?hl=en

And to help even more, we'll be hosting a Q&A on Facebook and Twitter tomorrow, January 9th, at 5pm CEST. Hope to see you there! And feel free to ask questions here if you'd like =)

Hard at work watching prison escape movies?

It's a hard life, isn't it?

Is there going to be a forum page for this game now?

we’re eager to explore development of potential new games based off of the ‘Architect’ IP.

I'm so glad I have a mobile phone to experience this! :D

Just joking. But it does look to be a mobile friendly IP.

EDIT: Lolz, just checked it, it's already on mobile.

Computer Game jokes get old so fast :(

Last edited:
Are you making a [Victoria 3] Architect game now?

No one escapes from Azazel's Atoll!

Prison Architect: Sunset Invasion

You know, they did have that poll about a new city-builder recently.

Here's my thought: Colonialism city-builder. You've landed on the coast of a new land (probably a fictional one, less Paradox sets off a firestorm of anti-colonialism anger) in a Victorian-era of technology, and you get to build your new colony. So like Rimworld but a bit more abstracted to where you're not really worried about individual pawns that much and your goal is to build a bit more because you've got dozens or hundreds of people instead of a handful. Make it even better, have it be a shipwreck or similar thing that got you there and have it be a rather gruesome "we're desperate to survive at all costs" a la Frostpunk vibe.

Not that this should in any way replace a Vicky 3.

So: The most important question will be propably if you will continue to deliver Features for PA Pc Version (as Introversion did for all this time, even with some longer breaks in between and all the bugs the game still has) or is PA with the purchase now a "finished" / dead Game ?
If you will continue the Updates a lot of people would be happy, and even willing to pay someting for (good!) DLCs compared with free updates over the time. (but be carefull... EU IV... u know? :) )

You know, they did have that poll about a new city-builder recently.

Here's my thought: Colonialism city-builder. You've landed on the coast of a new land (probably a fictional one, less Paradox sets off a firestorm of anti-colonialism anger) in a Victorian-era of technology, and you get to build your new colony. So like Rimworld but a bit more abstracted to where you're not really worried about individual pawns that much and your goal is to build a bit more because you've got dozens or hundreds of people instead of a handful. Make it even better, have it be a shipwreck or similar thing that got you there and have it be a rather gruesome "we're desperate to survive at all costs" a la Frostpunk vibe.

Not that this should in any way replace a Vicky 3.
I would be so up for this. Does mean we probably won't get to see CO making a Cities in Motion 3 any time soon, but I'm up for either.

Been following introversion awhile. Hoping for Multiwinia/Darwinia to show it's face again. Two of my favorite games of all time!

I would be so up for this. Does mean we probably won't get to see CO making a Cities in Motion 3 any time soon, but I'm up for either.
CO seems to be full C:S these days. They have a monopoly on city builders at the moment.

So... when do the 20 dollar DLCs start rolling out? :rolleyes: