• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sanguine Caesar

Župan
40 Badges
Aug 10, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
Introduction:

The Balkans is always a popular topic on the Suggestions Forums, and needless to say there have been many threads which cover the area in detail. Furthermore, with the next patch (which at the time of posting this would be 1.27) apparently focusing on the PLC, it means that there could be potential changes made to the Balkans as well, if not then at the very least it shows that the devs are still willing to make further tweaks to Europe (though the recent updates to the ROTW have indeed been quite refreshing nonetheless). Therefore, should the devs or potentially even modders decide to focus on the Balkans, then I should hope that this directory will help them find the information they need more easily, rather than forcing them to scroll through pages and pages of threads.

As long as a thread continues to be relevant for upcoming patches, while avoiding any pitfalls of being overly-toxic, then it should find a place here, and if anyone would like to add suggested threads to this list then by all means feel free to do so and I will be sure to edit the OP accordingly :D

Now then, on to the actual directory itself!

Total Regional Overhauls and General Mechanics:
Greece/Byzantium:
Bulgaria:
Serbia:
Croatia/Ragusa:
Slovenia:
Austrian Littoral/Istria:
Bosnia:
Romania:
Hungary:
Albania:

Again, hopefully this was helpful at all! Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Introduction

The Balkans is always a popular topic on the Suggestions Forums, and needless to say there have been many threads which cover the area in detail. Furthermore, with the next patch (which at the time of posting this would be 1.27) apparently focusing on the PLC, it means that there could be potential changes made to the Balkans as well, if not then at the very least it shows that the devs are still willing to make further tweaks to Europe (though the recent updates to the ROTW have indeed been quite refreshing nonetheless). Therefore, should the devs or potentially even modders decide to focus on the Balkans, then I should hope that this directory will help them find the information they need more easily, rather than forcing them to scroll through pages and pages of threads.

As long as a thread continues to be updated for upcoming patches, then it should find a place here, and if anyone would like to add suggested threads to this list then by all means feel free to do so and I will be sure to edit the OP accordingly :D

Now then, on to the actual directory itself!

Total Regional Overhauls
Greece/Byzantium
Bulgaria
Serbia
Croatia/Ragusa
Slovenia
  • [COMING SOON]
Austrian Littoral/Istria
  • [COMING SOON]
Bosnia
Romania
Hungary
Albania

Again, hopefully this was helpful at all! Thank you! :)
I also have a thread on mostly Greece, but while I actually prefer Mingmung's suggestions for the map of the Balkans, I also have many suggestions towards Byzantium and related countries. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-in-balkans-and-cyprus.1039388/#post-23170535

Sorry to bump, but I feel that with the Europe patch coming next year, these kinds of suggestions for the Balkans are more relevant, and having a place where the devs can go to easily find them seems like it would be rather helpful. So here you go @DDRJake and @neondt , I hope there are some here that will be useful for you :D

Added the recent thread by @Anatur about making Serbia formable ;)

I'm going to start announcing updates to this thread now so that you guys can see when new threads are added. Feel free to contribute your own threads as well if I've missed you :D

Oh and Merry Christmas!

Added @VaMT 's thread about redrawing Moldavian provinces. No new provinces, just redrawing the existing ones slightly in order to make them more accurate historically :)

Added @FuscusNight 's thread about the relationship between Hungary and Croatia :)

Added the thread by @starwarsbv about revisiting provinces in Greece and Bulgaria. More of a minimalist take than other threads on this list, but still solid nonetheless :)

Last edited:
Added the thread by @starwarsbv about revisiting provinces in Greece and Bulgaria. More of a minimalist take than other threads on this list, but still solid nonetheless :)
It's riddled with mistakes, there's not much to pull from. Sorry, not very nice for me to say, it's not personal.

It's riddled with mistakes, there's not much to pull from. Sorry, not very nice for me to say, it's not personal.
Well then the devs can at least draw something from the discussion if nothing else :)

Added @Entrone 's thread about redrawing Balkan/Danubian trade nodes, as well as @Mic199 's thread about the possibility to use Venetian culture for Ragusa instead of Dalmatian :)

Added my new thread covering Croatia, Slavonia, Personal Unions, and more :D

Thank you for your efforts. I thoroughly read your Croatia proper, Slavonia, Dalmatia and Dubrovnik suggestions and I completely agree that Dubrovnik should be Western tech group, have a fort and produce salt. I also agree with you that Dalmatia province has to be split into Zadar and Split provinces, while the State name for Split, Zadar and Dubrovnik should be Dalmatia instead. Also, Croatia needs to be the junior partner in PU with Hungary! as the Pacta conventa signed in 1102 pleads. You did a great job with all of your research and sorry for briefly repeating what you widely covered in your posts, but I just had to stick these suggestions out as they are a must add if a Balkan DLC was to come.

Thank you for your efforts. I thoroughly read your Croatia proper, Slavonia, Dalmatia and Dubrovnik suggestions and I completely agree that Dubrovnik should be Western tech group, have a fort and produce salt. I also agree with you that Dalmatia province has to be split into Zadar and Split provinces, while the State name for Split, Zadar and Dubrovnik should be Dalmatia instead. Also, Croatia needs to be the junior partner in PU with Hungary! as the Pacta conventa signed in 1102 pleads. You did a great job with all of your research and sorry for briefly repeating what you widely covered in your posts, but I just had to stick these suggestions out as they are a must add if a Balkan DLC was to come.
Thank you very much for your kind words, but I'm far from the first to make many of those suggestions. There's another suggestion in this thread about the Croatian PU and many mods have added Croatian provinces, particularly the Dalmatia split. All I did was add in some of my own research and a few tweaks here and there. There's certainly a lot of work that can be done improving the Balkans, and hopefully the devs find a few threads in here worth implementing while reading this thread :D