• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not so much a mod as a fix for a nasty little bug I submitted to the bug report forum earlier: the game seems to have no idea what to do if a pre-FTL civ comes of age in the hands of a devouring swarm. I therefore recommend someone makes a mod, until/unless they fix that, as follows: if the swarm wasn't using an observation post then their response is 'Looks like harvest season' and a popup saying that the new civ died horribly, the swarm gets a temporary food boost. If the swarm was observing passively then they get a world optimized for food production and a chance to be smug about how good they were at waiting. If they were observing aggressively, that civ winds up becoming part of the swarm with a special 'fodder' trait that keeps the pop happy and doesn't kill them, but otherwise acts like the livestock purge. Complete with references to The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, because it wouldn't be Stellaris without references.

I'd do it myself, but I'm the sort of computer person who can just about outdo a sixty-year old and only realized after the fact that a thousand-star galaxy and a sentry array are a bad combo when playing with a normal laptop.

I'd like support for animated parts on ships, so I can make things like fighters/ships that transform into giant robots. Or just have spinning gravity sections/sensors/etc.

I'd like support for animated parts on ships, so I can make things like fighters/ships that transform into giant robots. Or just have spinning gravity sections/sensors/etc.

The plantoid science ships transform a little when scanning planets, so some support for this functionality already exists.

With hybrid species coming to Stellaris in 2.2, I'd like to request that the system that assigns portraits for them be moddable in such a way that modders can add their own portraits for specific combinations without having to overwrite any vanilla files.

This is because I can easily see an influx of mods that add portraits for specific combinations, and it would be nice if they could all play nice together. So a mod that adds Human-Blorg portraits would be compatible with another mod that adds Cat-Elf portraits, and so on. :)

Hello guys !
Is it possible to hide or remove the information if a species is player controlled in a multiplayer game ?

Me and a few friends would love play together without instantly knowing who is who when discovering new contacts.

kind regards

Blotz

I really want the ability to make arbitrary scrollable lists that can have options added to them dynamically. Like the window for choosing civics, ascension perks or buildings to make.

So many of my mod concepts have been cut short because I'm unable to make a dynamic list of options. An event with a ton of buttons just doesn't cut it.

Just want to mention I strongly support the implementation of triggered_country_modifier, as I want to use exactly like that in my own mods, but it isn't supported. It just stands to reason that when you implement a triggered_planet_modifier for buildings you'd also implement a triggered_country_modifier!

Please reintroduce a way to check if a specific building on a planet is ruined.

Also please bring back the on_building_ruined and on_building_repaired on_actions.

Also please add an on_action for when a building is downgraded.

My request is all about one word and one word only:

Tags

There are so many conditions in events and prerequisites that are "hardcoded" to specific traits, buildings, planet modifiers, etc. that take away a lot of flexibility when trying to tie into existing systems. If instead entities had tags (and have all those previously listed aspects such as traits add tags, in addition to their effects), it would be a lot easier to extend something without having to modify core resources.

Example:
The technology 'tech_destroyers' has lots of weight modifiers, including this one:

Code:
modifier = {
    factor = 1.25
    has_tradition = tr_supremacy_adopt
}

Now this is all nice and dandy, but if I write a mod that offers completely different tradition-sets - like the Warhammer 40k mod I'm currently working on - that modifier is completely lost, even though my Imperial faction most certainly took a supremacist tradition choice (admittedly, there aren't many tradition trees that are not at least in some way supremacist for that bunch ... ;) ).
If however the condition was this:

Code:
modifier = {
    factor = 1.25
    has_tradition_tag = supremacist
}

And have picking 'tr_supremacy_adopt' grant the tradition tag 'supremacist', then I could simply have my own tradition assign the same tag and instantly tie into the same modifier, without having to update/replace the original source.

The same obviously for all kinds of other entities: Leaders, Planets, Ships, ...

Suggestion:
Add modifier factor that scales by a specific resource multiplier. POP scope.

Reason:
Adding new traits via mods currently requires overriding all jobs to properly take traits into account.

Example:
Code:
       modifier = {
           factor = 1.5
           OR = {
               has_trait = trait_extremely_ingenious
           }    
       }
       modifier = {
           factor = 1.5
           OR = {
               has_trait = trait_very_ingenious
           }    
       }
       modifier = {
           factor = 1.5
           OR = {
               has_trait = trait_robot_superconductive
               has_trait = trait_nuumismatic_administration
               has_trait = trait_ingenious
               has_trait = trait_very_ingenious
           }    
       }
}

This is completely incompatible with other trait mods, as well as requiring vanilla overrides.

The scaled modifier would look like this:

Code:
modifier = {
            scaled_factor_base = 1.0
            scaled_factor = 2.0
            target_resource_mult = planet_jobs_energy_produces_mult
        }
#scaled_factor_base = Base value that scaled factor is applied to (so modifier can be centered on 1.0)
#scaled_factor = Factor value at 1.0 (100%) bonus multiplier
# -0.15 planet_jobs_energy_produces_mult = 0.7 factor
# 0.3 planet_jobs_energy_produces_mult = 1.6 factor
# 0.5 planet_jobs_energy_produces_mult = 2.0 factor

This will not cater for special triggered modifier changes, such as thrifty, or charismatic, but would at least cut down on all other trait handling.

Heya @UberWaffe - pretty much the exact same problem I'm hoping to solve with tags (see suggestion two above you).
Not quite with scaling, but with an abstraction layer between the trait and the modifier in the form of tags.
Glad to see I'm not the only one concerned with mod interop and mod maintainability :)

The decision button appears to be permanently disabled for planets outside your borders, even if there are valid decisions for them. For colonies of another empire, the button isn't even there and is instead replaced by the diplomacy button. This should be changed so that the decisions button is always visible and enabled if there are valid decisions for that planet for the current player. This would add a ton of modding possibilities for diplomacy, exploration, or even an espionage system.

It would be very useful with a way to check whenever a country is over/under their administrative cap.

Similarly to naval capacity which have a range of triggers, like
Code:
used_naval_capacity_percent < 1.0
but also can use other percentages, like
Code:
used_naval_capacity_percent < 1.5

Right now there only seem to be one trigger, limited to absolute numbers:
Code:
empire_size < 20

@Gaussia It's not ideal, obviously, but in the meantime it's possible to calculate empire size and admin cap yourself currently. I've done so myself and stuck it in an effect to call where necessary. The math is fairly simple:

Code:
empire size = ceil( ( districts + 2*colonies + 2*systems + 2*branch offices ) * ( 1 + 2*( 1 - cohesion factor ) )  )

cohesion factor = min( 1, ( 5 + 3*starbases + systems ) / ( external hyperlanes + 3 * isolated systems ) )

admin cap = 30 +
  ( has_ethic = ethic_pacifist ? 10 : 0 ) +
  ( has_ethic = ethic_fanatic_pacifist ? 20 : 0 ) +
  ( has_authority = auth_corporate ? 20 : 0 )  +
  ( has_ascension_perk = ap_imperial_prerogative ? 30 : 0 ) +
  ( OR = { has_civic = civic_efficient_bureaucracy has_civic = civic_hive_divided_attention has_civic = civic_private_prospectors } ? 20 : 0 ) +
  ( has_technology = tech_colonial_bureaucracy ? 20 : 0 ) +
  ( has_technology = tech_galactic_bureaucracy ? 20 : 0 )  +
  ( has_tradition = tr_expansion_courier_network ? 20 : 0 ) +
  ( levels of tech_repeatable_improved_core_system_cap * 10 )

All of these things can be calculated at any time from script with the exception of repeatable level (afaik), but you can keep track of that yourself by using the on_tech_increased action.

Isolated systems are systems that you don't own but only have hyperlanes into your space.

Starbase count does not include outposts, only upgraded starbases that count against your cap.

I'd be happy to share my code, it's about 250 lines of script. Just PM me if you'd like it.

You'd obviously need to make adjustments if you're playing with mods that alter any of these values or have their own sources of admin cap.

Last edited:
I've noticed that events triggered by on_post_communications_established don't happen when contact is established by a communications spread event. Could this please by fixed for the next version? It's kinda messy to work around.

A way to script the weights for which species will be selected next to grow on a planet, or at the very least tell us what the modifiers in NPops do EXACTLY. Demographics maths are srs business yo.