• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vota dc

Captain
7 Badges
Sep 15, 2006
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
In 2019 Age of Wonders 1 turns 20 years old. Are there any project for the anniversary?
More modding would be awesome. Right now modding troops is...."asymmetric" because you can't change skills. This mean modding infantry is really satysfying for example
T1 Halfling Judoka
4 attack 6 defense 1 damage 5 hp, extra strike
T1 Orc Silly Brute
2 attack 1 defense 5 damage 7 hp
but you can't do much with other type of units like archers (most mod just lowered their defense but they can't set archery with 3 attack instead of 4 or give a negative markmanship for ranged troops). Also race relations is still hardcoded too.

In 2019 Age of Wonders 1 turns 20 years old. Are there any project for the anniversary?
More modding would be awesome. Right now modding troops is...."asymmetric" because you can't change skills. This mean modding infantry is really satysfying for example
T1 Halfling Judoka
4 attack 6 defense 1 damage 5 hp, extra strike
T1 Orc Silly Brute
2 attack 1 defense 5 damage 7 hp
but you can't do much with other type of units like archers (most mod just lowered their defense but they can't set archery with 3 attack instead of 4 or give a negative markmanship for ranged troops). Also race relations is still hardcoded too.
I'm late to the party, but all the things you mentioned can be edited. In fact, I have edited all of them in my own mod.