• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No... try to copy some mod and publish it as your own and see what happens.

What do you think will happen? At worst, it'll be down voted into oblivion, maybe PDX will even pull it down. If some ass hat decided to take my work in Ancient Religions, integrate it into their own thing and not give me credit, there's literally jack-all I could do about it but call them out on it.

The only way you could actually own mod content is if you make content separate from PDX, e.g. a book, story, whatever, and then base your mod on that. That's the only situation where PDX doesn't have content ownership. Again... e.g. AGOT.

Intellectual property referenced by a mod is not the mod itself, so obviously.

We don't have the legal standing to grant or deny other authors permission to use our work (with the exception of art assets, of course).

We don't have the legal standing to grant or deny other authors permission to use our work (with the exception of art assets, of course).
You don't even have it for art assets.

My point is that "stolen" mod work will definitely be taken down by the moderators, since I *know* it already was taken down by moderators.

Is it a problem if I use some of the code from events/decisions for a mod not hosted on PDX or steam? It's currently on Lovers Lab, but it's not adult/explicit. Steam & the workshop just failed me , and I lurk more there than here. The mod has no particular scope or end goal; it's not an overhaul, I just would like to use some of the fun flavor/roleplay stuff in a mod that's on a far smaller scale and easier to update/maintain than CK2+. I suppose I could just emulate the things and rewrite them a bit differently, but ideally I'd like to avoid re-inventing the wheel so I can focus on finishing off the capitol improvement event chains and move on to making things more anime. To be clear, I'm talking about using just stuff like the random events that happen to the ruler (or that you trigger using a decision) that are mostly narrative and really only in the end effect traits/stats/piety/prestige/gold/etc. I don't want to steal any of your custom religions, balance changes, custom cultures, map changes, game rule changes, CB's, etc (the big stuff like that). I of course am fine with anyone else taking whatever they want from my code, keeping with the spirit of cooperation and sharing openly. It won't let me link LL here for whatever reason. I use the same username over there, so if you wanted to see the mod, it would be easy enough to find.

Last edited:
Would it be alright if I used the viceroyal system from this mod? I tried having a feudal vassal government that used open elective to simulate the appointment of governors, but it didn't work the way I would have liked.

Speaking of that, I just realized that I have no idea how the viceroy system works in terms of files.

I'm planning to use CK2Plus's setup for divided Poland as well as an adaptation of the code credited to Rylock for non-dynastic heir continutation for my WtWSMS submod here.

I'm planning to use the four-interest factions and imperial decay, which I've been told are originally from CK2Plus, for Crisis of the Confederation (It's not dead, check the latest pages).
I'd also like to use the generic coronation mechanic, but without any of the art assets associated with it (icons with crowns don't really suit a setting that's mostly republics). Would that be alright?