• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sorry not shouting, copy and pasted ship names so i had correct spelling the font came with it :)

No worries! It's all good :)

Just curious. Does AI Germany always beat AI USSR? My only problem with this game is really the AI.

Oh lawd! For the experience of playing with actual educated mature human opponents! What I'd give!!! If there was a website where potential players could actually peruse and choose their opponents, Paradox could see how successful this game is vis-a-vis it's other titles. But alas no. The same people probably buy them all with no real feedback solicited nor revealed. AI; it's what's for dinner. Sorry; now with stupid, irrelevant cartoon graphic animations, bean counting, and less chances to see actual NATO counters.

I have HOI3,4. and EU4. I play this one. It's just so much more playable. It may be the best way to spend some downtime. It just could be so much more.

Just curious. Does AI Germany always beat AI USSR? My only problem with this game is really the AI.

I actually played a test game as Hungary today and germany got defeated in 1945 ,it would have been 1943 if not for me stoping the allies in the balkan and italy.Italy got invaded and taken out in 1941 and the UK invaded in greece and almost took out Bulgaria and Romania took me all my divisions to drive them back to sicily and greece.AI germany managed to take Moscow but failed to take the other important cites and got slowly beaten back, in 1943 they were still in front of Moscow but in the south they got pushed back to Romania.In early 1944 d day happened and the US send more divisions to greece and my defense there got pushed back.Germany got taken out in early 1945.

I could have probably done more to draw it out but at the end I just defended Hungary since I was almost out of manpower .I only started playing seriously after the invasion of greece started but I don't think that affected GERs performance.

So yes Ai germany can lose to the AI although Italy was especially useless which helped the allies .

---------------------------

Btw it would be nice to have to have some decisions to help japan(volunteers or planes,etc) after taking out the UK and Barbarossa since they are always in a stalemate with china. As it is now I usually invade china myself and give the land to japan once I defeated the British Raj.

I actually played a test game as Hungary today and germany got defeated in 1945 ,it would have been 1943 if not for me stoping the allies in the balkan and italy.Italy got invaded and taken out in 1941 and the UK invaded in greece and almost took out Bulgaria and Romania took me all my divisions to drive them back to sicily and greece.AI germany managed to take Moscow but failed to take the other important cites and got slowly beaten back, in 1943 they were still in front of Moscow but in the south they got pushed back to Romania.In early 1944 d day happened and the US send more divisions to greece and my defense there got pushed back.Germany got taken out in early 1945.

I could have probably done more to draw it out but at the end I just defended Hungary since I was almost out of manpower .I only started playing seriously after the invasion of greece started but I don't think that affected GERs performance.

So yes Ai germany can lose to the AI although Italy was especially useless which helped the allies .

---------------------------

Btw it would be nice to have to have some decisions to help japan(volunteers or planes,etc) after taking out the UK and Barbarossa since they are always in a stalemate with china. As it is now I usually invade china myself and give the land to japan once I defeated the British Raj.
I played again and now finally it looks like AI USSR will win. Totally different game results. My issue with the AI is not with the mod; but HOI2 and to some degree my point is that the shortest distance to worldsim Nirvana is not necessarily only through making the AI better; but making the organization of MP games easier by organizing a searchable profile catalog of players and a lobby where players can expect to be asked to join either a startup game, or one in progress wanting to limit AI.

Last edited:
About the AI Germany: I've done a timelapse as Honduras, and they collapsed in 1944 after a brutal stalemate war with USSR (They took Stalingrad, yet Moscow and Leningrad were both red), and American naval invasion in Northern Germany lead to western allies capturing Berlin.

I've got another question: what will happen, if I chose northern expansion route as Japan?

About Scharnhorst and Gneisnau.
I made a modification to that event. It is called now Treaty Ships and includes both of them as BCs and in addition 2 rows of destroyers and the 3 heavy cruisers built under the Anglo-German Naval Treaty, Admiral Hipper, Blucher and Prinz Eugen. Use it at your discretion.
Here it is:

Code:
#########################################################################
#  Scharnhorst & Gneisenau (Treaty Ships)
#########################################################################
event = {
    id = 1000034
    random = no
    country = GER

name = "EVT_1000034_NAME"
    desc = "EVT_1000034_DESC"
    style = 2
    picture = "scharnhorst"

date = { day = 2 month = october year = 1936 }
    offset = 2
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1963 }

action_a = {
         name = "ACTION_NAME_GREAT"
        command = { type = build_division which = battlecruiser value = naval_improved_hull_l when = 1 cost = 0.1 where = 750 name = "Scharnhorst" }
        command = { type = build_division which = battlecruiser value = naval_improved_hull_l when = 1 cost = 0.1 where = 750 name = "Gneisenau" }
        command = { type = build_division which = heavy_cruiser when = 1 cost = 0.1 where = 140 name = "Admiral Hipper" }
        command = { type = build_division which = heavy_cruiser when = 1 cost = 0.1 where = 140 name = "Prinz Eugen" }
        command = { type = build_division which = heavy_cruiser when = 1 cost = 0.1 where = 140 name = "Blucher" }
        command = { type = build_division which = destroyer when = 6 cost = -1 where = 60 }
        command = { type = build_division which = destroyer when = 6 cost = -1 where = 60 }
    }
}

I've noticed that my ships that add the brigade of helos don't see any shift to their asw rating. Maybe since it's still 1948 they haven't figured out to put the torpedo on board the helo yet. The sub detection has increased.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if mod is still developed (I hope it is), but I have question regarding colonies. When I make a deal with France (vanilla or mod) I get strong ally with territory in colonies (not that I really need access to these lands but it looks nice) comparable (if I don't break France into peaces) with nazi Britain (but she is contained in Britain only). However, if decision about Central Africa (or India or any other colony) ever happens, shouldn't have an option to "give that land for France/Britain" (just like in case of Quebec in Canadian partition) as well?

Maybe an issue with the africa corps event, when it fired the italians had already taken the suez canal and linked up with italian east africa. so now it fires and i have rommel with 3 armoured div and two motorizrd in libya and i dont need him there. ok so i load them up a transport them to german controled Yugoslavia and i notice that the rommel is gone and has been replaced by an italian general Messe, i look at the motorized div that Messe formally comanded and there is Rommel. Can rommel not leave africa???

Is this afull mod even with other countries or just with Germany?
I am playing as germany and have military control over italy, it would appear that once i transported the africa corps out of africa, rommel now appears as an italian general, and general Messe is now a german genral??? a full mod? its edge of darkness ?

Hi, quick question, I don't have anymore the "peace economy" event as Germany.

It is intended ? Not that I complain, I found that those maluses only for Germany, and the +2 dissent with every step of rationing, were cumbersome and not so historical.

I've got another question: what will happen, if I chose northern expansion route as Japan?
If you haven't already begun a game, certainly try it out. I had fun going this route. Never seemed to bother China in any way, Shanghai became a sort of diplomatic portal I guess.

You'll have a decision to go to war with the USSR and it lasts years but I think in January of '39 war is forced or you sign a NAP. You get several major skirmish events which might begin the war. I only played out the first two months of the war and was sweeping them up. The USSR was totally driven from the coast of the Pacific and Japan has several awesome defensive and winter generals to stall them around that lake north of Mongolia.

Take a look if you like this graphic.

1.jpg

Attachments

• Graphic.rar
    740,3 KB · Views: 35
Must I be at war with the RoC for the Pearl Harbor decision to appear now? I managed to defeat China in late '39 - early '40, but even by Feb. '42, Pearl wouldn't show up.

Must I be at war with the RoC for the Pearl Harbor decision to appear now? I managed to defeat China in late '39 - early '40, but even by Feb. '42, Pearl wouldn't show up.
From the event text:

decision_trigger = {
garrison = { country = JAP province = 2637 type = naval size = 6 area = no } # Pearl Harbor Bay

If I read this correctly you have to have a naval force of at least 6 ships in the sea zone "Pearl Harbor Bay" (directly west of Pearl Harbor) for the decision to trigger.

However there is a random element that may delay the availability of this decision well into 1942. A war with China is no prerequisite.