• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you going to slowly add more mech variations to already existing mechs, such as say the Atlas D-DC, and perhaps more ways to customize mechs, such as removing speed from the mech (lowering engine weight) to allow for more tonnage? I understand some things don't exist in this time period, and that's fine, but a lot of the fun is when there are tons of varying mechs and builds. I would be very excited for these things in the future!

1. Will there be any new variants of the existing mechs released in this update or flashpoint?

2. Will the flashpoint editor be flexible enough for us Make or edit our own terrain?

3. How is the delayed Electronic Warfare system coming along? I still want a Raven.

4. Since HBS has made its first homegrown mech model, will you be continuing to make the missing 3025 mechs?

5. And if so, will you be passing the models on to PGI for inclusion into MW5/MWO?

6. Have you considered brining the Pre-Pre-Pre Alpha mission into the the game as a fixed mission?

Are you going to slowly add more mech variations to already existing mechs, such as say the Atlas D-DC, and perhaps more ways to customize mechs, such as removing speed from the mech (lowering engine weight) to allow for more tonnage? I understand some things don't exist in this time period, and that's fine, but a lot of the fun is when there are tons of varying mechs and builds. I would be very excited for these things in the future!
Don't forget the ability to increase the engine for a faster mech. That would be especially useful for a mission or missions where speed is of the essence.

You’ve struck a excellent balance between BATTLETECH BattleMech Variants retaining their Core Identity and the MechLab offering an exciting and FUN opportunity to customize our Mechs, any chance that there may be additional Support Weapons or New Equipment as BATTLETECH Expansions move the game series forward along the timeline?

Mercenary Outfit Management is one of my favorite parts of BATTLETECH.

Granular Difficulty Settings really enhanced the FUN, thrill and Razor’s Edge of running a Merc Outfit or Going Bankrupt, for me.

Is there a chance we might see a Granular Difficulty Setting for BattleMech Maintenance Costs? (Different Weight Classes of Mechs should take different Cbill amounts to maintain, month to month.)

For Light verses Assault BattleMech Operating Costs? (Making it more expensive to deploy a Heavy or an Assault BattleMech, thus encouraging the player to decide for themselves if the cost of fielding a Heavy or an Assault, is worth the added expense of bringing such Mechs to on a contract.)

Or are there some other BATTLETECH Granular Difficulty Settings in the Works / being considered by Team HBS?

Is there a chance we might see a Granular Difficulty Setting for BattleMech Maintenance Costs? (Different Weight Classes of Mechs should take different Cbill amounts to maintain, month to month.)

Or are there some other BATTLETECH Granular Difficulty Settings in the Works / being considered by Team HBS?

As long as you're mentioning an idea for expanded granular difficulty settings, I'll take the opportunity to stump for my favorite idea.

1) Optional Setting: +/++/+++ weapons only give their bonuses when used in a hardpoint where the stock mech would carry the same weapon.

So, if the option is selected, and you have a PPC++ you can throw it on a Griffin and get the ++ benefits, but if you put it in the Medium Laser spot on a Shadowhawk it just functions as a normal PPC without the extra benefits.

I am aware that it's unlikely to happen soon, and that it would be a bit of a hassle to implement (since you'd need to display that status in the mechlab) but, in my opinion, it would provide soft limits which would enforce some of the personality of the stock designs while still allowing for a great deal of customization.

1. What are your plans for additional canonical 'mech variants in future updates? Surely implementing different versions of existing 'mechs is easier than building brand new ones from scratch... Right?

2. Is there a chance for a cleanup of the hardpoint system to have 'mechs more in line with canon? In the vanilla game some 'mechs, particularly those equipped with multiple support weapons, received more hardpoints than even Piranha gave them in MWO (the Firestarter is a good example).

3. Can you disclose how many expansions there are in the works (if there's anything beyond the three mentioned in the Season Pass description)?

4. Can we have more 'mechs please? Please?

Mitch asked the question on Twitter, if fans would like to see a brand new Mech created for BATTLETECH: https://twitter.com/mitchgit/status/1046134650559578113

One-hundred and twenty-one of us liked this idea. : )

Are there plans to create such a distinctive and hallmark BATTLETECH BattleMech?

Can you provide any hint or indication whether or not the Marauder and the Warhammer will be added to the game? Given that both Piranha Games and Catalyst Game Labs have given indirect indication on the status of Marauder and the Warhammer in their games, it would be nice to get something from HBS as well? Something vague, but nevertheless indicative of their future

Thanks to HBS for their availability! I have two questions:

1. I understand that in the sandbox mode introduced with 1.3/flashpoint the player will start with the argo. I find this a bit strange, considering that the argo is a "special" ship, while the player starts as the manager of an unremarkable mercenary company. Why did you decide to go in this direction? When the sandbox mode was announced, I thought that the player would start with the leopard, and would have the opportunity to acquire the argo after obtaining a certain level of renown or money (similarly to the campaign), which could seem a more "natural" progression.

2. In the game, the ratio between max units deployable and max tonnage deployable is 100 tons (400 tons for 4 units). This makes it possible (and maybe optimal, in most cases) to deploy 4 assaults in the end game. In the next patches, is it possible you will consider changing such ratio? For instance, by allowing to deploy 5 units but keeping max tonnage at 400 tons. Or by allowing to deploy 4 units, but reducing max tonnage to 320 tons. I think this might increase the variety of "optimal" lances in the endgame.

Why was the Hatchyman realized?

(I know the real answer to this, but I'll give the 'alternate facts' answer) It was to keep me happy, Legend...MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not interested in taking the heaviest mechs I have in order to complete a hard mission. When you look through the books, Assault lances are usually not made up of all assault mechs, so how about a system that ensures that you have to use everything in your inventory?

Actual question: To get more variety into lance composition, can there be a lance tonnage limit? Like say, 300 tons for an assault.

And instead of Skull difficulty, it shows the tonnage you are going against and you pick your mechs accordingly.

So you see that you are going up against 300 tons and you can only take your 300 tons and you know that you never will face off against more than 2 assault mechs, but those mediums that accompany them will be working their way up your flank.

Cuz this is my current meta for tough missions: 2 pilots with Master Tactician in assault mechs and 2 brawlers in max armored CQB heavies. They all move first and bring an enemy mech down every round with concentrated fire. If I do it any other way, the mission takes WAAAAAAAAYYYY too long.

I don't mod. It's not that enjoyable of an experience for me to be playing with program files.

Very possible I missed this answer or have forgotten about it in the last 2 years.
cJMWboC.png

@Hatchy, so 4 on 4-AI?

If the AI were trickzier...

Are Flashpoints locked to a particular planet / system? Or can / will they generate all over the star map? If they are locked to a system, will HBS be adding more Flashpoints in the future on other systems?

@Hatchy, so 4 on 4-AI?

If the AI were trickzier...

No, but you still know the tonnage that you're up against and there never will be nothing but assault mechs unless its the most difficult of missions like attacking a Great House. 300 tons of Locusts can be spawned if RNGesus figures that's what it wants to do as it isn't restricted buy lance size.

With the tonnage system, there is a good chance there always will be a light and/or a medium in every lance, It makes the game more interesting and brings it to more in line with what is in the source books.

Besides, if one of the achievements is 'Gotta Catch 'Em All' in the 1400 days, you can only do that if you fight everything all the time.
cJMWboC.png

ok...so....east coast is gmt -5, west coast is gmt -8 (usa time zones)

so that means 9am west coast time is noon east coast time yes?

i am asking cuz....that was how i missed it last time....thought it was starting at noon...but it started at 11.

(I know the real answer to this, but I'll give the 'alternate facts' answer) It was to keep me happy, Legend...MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cJMWboC.png
I'd really love to hear this from Mitch ... "...oh, we did the Hatchyman just to make Hatchy happy - mission completed." :p

ok...so....east coast is gmt -5, west coast is gmt -8 (usa time zones)

so that means 9am west coast time is noon east coast time yes?

i am asking cuz....that was how i missed it last time....thought it was starting at noon...but it started at 11.
Time Zone Standard__________Time Daylight Time
Pacific Time Zone PST (UTC−08:00)_____PDT (UTC−07:00)
Mountain Time Zone MST (UTC−07:00)_MDT (UTC−06:00)
Central Time Zone CST (UTC−06:00)____CDT (UTC−05:00)
Eastern Time Zone EST (UTC−05:00)____EDT (UTC−04:00)
The US is currently on Standard Time (as of the 4th of November).