• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ISSUE #1 Sept '45 - How Kim Il-Sung won World War II
2e018336-403f-4146-8d9f-d0ea10184499-original.png

6f11c3e8-9108-469b-abd6-399c567a8b62-original.png

1c0640e7-58d9-45cb-9efd-91c138257e26-original.png

a3321652-cca0-4ce4-9618-ed62ab3890fe-original.png

You have my interest. I like the style, I look forward to seeing which way you go with this. Please keep it up.

This promises to be ... interesting :D

Interested to see how it will be played out, game position, etc

This better be good. If not Best. ;)

Oh, and there are like 5 pictures missing for me right there in the middle. Somebody is going to visit the labour camp I suppose.

Oh, and there are like 5 pictures missing for me right there in the middle. Somebody is going to visit the labour camp I suppose.
Yes, they’re missing for me too - must be broken links.

Another cleverly presented and amusing chapter. :D At least there are never any shortages of Kim Leading Greatly in the paradise of freedom that is the DPRK.

Last edited:
I think it's intentional...
But who would dare censor the Great Leader? :eek: That’s what he does to decadent capitalist would-be invaders - May they burn in a sea of fire! :mad: Though on reflection you could be right, which if so is another clever and ironic touch by our Dear AuthAAR! :cool::D

Another wonderful update. Out of interest, how long does it take you to produce these? The quality is brilliant.

The first issue took me basically a whole day to do. I had a vision of the kind of AAR I was trying to make and a basic idea of how to go about doing it but that first one was pure trial and error. For example I started with an A4 sized page in MS Paint with black boxes for panels all laid out which I would then try to resize and cut images into. Then I realised I could just put the images in and draw a box around after...

The one I shared today took maybe four hours. I'd learned a lot of lessons from the first one and this one was much easier (although a whole page shorter.) I start with an outlined script of what I want the issue to be but once I start making the comic the format forces me to make changes on the fly as I'm going along. The hardest thing is trying to find and select the right images from the limited pool of 70 year old photos from a secretive nation which doesn't like the outside world seeing what goes on in there. I'm starting to build quite a collection of North Korean photos on my computer now. Even if you manage to track down a photo of say Kim Tu-Bong it's just a headshot with now space for text or a middle aged Kim Jong-Il is in the picture (hes only two in the current time line.)

Another issue is that Kim Il-Sung basically has three ages young, middle-aged and old, the images of him as a young man are the hardest to find and the most limited. Should this last till the 70s that'd unlock a whole set of new images for use. Maybe i'll have to do a time jump at some point... I dunno.

It is very important to re-educate recalcitrant crops.

Yes, they’re missing for me too - must be broken links.
I think it's intentional...

It was indeed intentional. If you look closely you can see that the colours don't quite match properly between the [x] icons and the rest of the panel.

It did make me laugh though, the idea of you guys actually thinking there were broken links inside a jpeg file.

It is very important to re-educate recalcitrant crops.
They must remove the indolent capitalist pig dog crops so that the correct proper communist crops have space to grow. Luckily Kim Il-Sung can identify inefficient reactionary seeds by sight, this is why he does so much on the spot guidance.

Another issue is that Kim Il-Sung basically has three ages young, middle-aged and old, the images of him as a young man are the hardest to find and the most limited. Should this last till the 70s that'd unlock a whole set of new images for use. Maybe i'll have to do a time jump at some point... I dunno.
you could always see if there are any pix of impersonators - we would forgive the liberty taken. And North Korea is so good at taking people’s liberty, after all!

It was indeed intentional. If you look closely you can see that the colours don't quite match properly between the [x] icons and the rest of the panel.

It did make me laugh though, the idea of you guys actually thinking there were broken links inside a jpeg file.
And there is the clincher. :D