Hotfix 1.5.4 Cornflakes Live - Checksum 1503 (Not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Hello!

We made a hotfix: 1.5.4 "Cornflakes" based on some things we saw, and it is now live!
The patch should be downloading through Steam as we speak.

We should be fully compatible with 1.5.3, but if you for some reason want to remain on 1.5.3 or older Here is instructions on how you revert patch levels.

If you discover any bugs in patch 1.5.4, please report them in the bug report forum as usual.

################################################################
######## Hotfix 1.5.4 "Cornflakes" ########
- Added information dialogs to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Fixed an issue common in China where takeover of nation territory from events and during war would drop all foreign occupation.
- Fixed a crash in some mods when an admiral would gain spotting traits in a certain order.

For full 1.5 patchlog see https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...hecksum-9515-not-for-problem-reports.1076731/

Hello!

We made a hotfix: 1.5.4 "Cornflakes" based on some things we saw, and it is now live!
The patch should be downloading through Steam as we speak.

We should be fully compatible with 1.5.3, but if you for some reason want to remain on 1.5.3 or older Here is instructions on how you revert patch levels.

If you discover any bugs in patch 1.5.4, please report them in the bug report forum as usual.

######## Hotfix 1.5.4 "Cornflakes" ########
- Added information dialogs to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Fixed an issue common in China where takeover of nation territory from events and during war would drop all foreign occupation.
- Fixed a crash in some mods when an admiral would gain spotting traits in a certain order.

For full 1.5 patchlog see https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...hecksum-9515-not-for-problem-reports.1076731/
Thanks, this should make playing Japan, China or the Warlords a lot less painful.

mutters things about 3 fix patches making mods for current save outdated
Mods can still be played without any other issues than them saying they are outdated in the case of a small update like this. And if you're a modder like me, here's a handy tip so you (mostly) won't have to update your mods to make them correctly appear updated, for the small patches in between the big patches/DLCs.
Modding tip #1.jpg

See that "supported_version="1.5.*"? In the ".mod" file, use a star instead of a number for the last piece of the version number, and it'll appear updated in the startup menu/loader for all the smaller patches between the big releases. E.g. 1.5.0, 1.5.1, 1.5.2, 1.5.3, 1.5.4, and so forth.

Yeah thanks for pointing that out Khanor. We usually dont break mods with minor versions so its safe to do it like that for the most part

Fixed an issue common in China where takeover of nation territory from events and during war would drop all foreign occupation.

Great work, and thanks for slipping this quick fix in.

Fixed an issue common in China where takeover of nation territory from events and during war would drop all foreign occupation.

I already lost my hope to see that bugfix before 1.6, because of your lack of communication, but I feel relieved now.

I already lost my hope to see that bugfix before 1.6, because of your lack of communication, but I feel relieved now.
well we wasnt sure until basically yesterday if we would be able to slip it in before summer, so I didnt want to give hope and then dash it ;)

I'm not a modder, just a gamer who likes mods. Right now, I'm playing August Storm. How can I use the handy tip so I don't lose my games?

Mods can still be played without any other issues than them saying they are outdated in the case of a small update like this. And if you're a modder like me, here's a handy tip so you (mostly) won't have to update your mods to make them correctly appear updated, for the small patches in between the big patches/DLCs.View attachment 383626
See that "supported_version="1.5.*"? In the ".mod" file, use a star instead of a number for the last piece of the version number, and it'll appear updated in the startup menu/loader for all the smaller patches between the big releases. E.g. 1.5.0, 1.5.1, 1.5.2, 1.5.3, 1.5.4, and so forth.

I'm not a modder, just a gamer who likes mods. Right now, I'm playing August Storm. How can I use the handy tip so I don't lose my games?
If you played on 1.5.3, you'd almost certainly be able to play on version 1.5.4 even if August Storm says it's outdated. This is due to the extremely small changes in 1.5.4, and the fact that they really don't seem to touch any core mechanics of the game at all. If you really want to be on the safe side though, you could always just copy the savegames in your documents to somewhere else on your computer (so you have backups), and then try to continue your game and see if there are any issues. But there likely won't be.

Something that should definitely be a feature. You know devs if you are listening. I hope you had the ability to let two countries puppet a country. Like how in real life there is North and South Korea. You could allow two different governments to change the government or even puppet the government of another. So when one government makes an action like that another one can still set up their own state in the area. Instead of one puppeting the land and the other having to annex what's left. Its a way to make East and West Germany occur naturally.
Its a feature I always felt was lacking.
So my beautiful devs of HOI4 make this a thing. I will give you half of my cookie. Even if this is a DLC, make it a thing.

We all know we want 6 different Frances in a 6 way Cold War Scenario.