• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Character Creation

Zamarak500

Colonel
62 Badges
Jun 22, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
I received the green light from Moderator Qorten for this AAR. Just putting it up there as he asked me to.

CHARACTER CREATION OVER (NO NEW CHARACTER WILL BE ACCEPTED)

So, hi. This is my second AAR, the first one ending recently after a year and a half. For those that read it, I should warn them that I plan to do this a bit differently, focused more on characters and the weeks instead of going over whole reigns in a few posts. So welcome to Dragon Kin, a special little AGOT AAR of mine, focusing on a group of Targaryen siblings!

The year is 106 AC. The old King Jaehaerys died three years ago, replaced by the young king Viserys, who rules the Iron Throne with the help of his Hand, Otto Hightower. For the first time, a young girl stands as the heir to the throne, as the exceptional Princess Rhaenyra was declared heir to the throne the previous year. Meanwhile, Viserys’s brother Damon is preparing an expedition against the Three Daughters, with plans to conquer the Stepstones for himself. And then, there is the other Targaryen siblings…

So for those who know their GoT lore, you’re probably asking yourself “What other Targaryen siblings?” And you would be right, there is only Viserys and Daemon (they had a brother, Aerion, but he is dead by that time). Those Targaryen siblings are in fact character that I will let you guys create. You will decide who those Targaryen are. This interactive aspect is why I needed the green light from a moderator.

So here a little bit of context to how I got this idea. My friends and I often self-insert ourselves in a game, and then I play it and tell them the tale later. I tried it at that exact same start date and it produced a really interesting story. So I was thinking “Why not do it as an AAR?” This could be extremely interesting. And I’m hoping it will be.

Since my save from that game was erased with everything else when my computer crashed a few weeks ago, I can’t recall the names of the characters. So let’s call them J, L, M, A and V. All of them were dragon riders, none of them were married and they were all men.

As 106 started, each brother followed his own path. A joined the Kingsguard, an offer Viserys had already made to both M and V, but which was refused by both. M, for his part, was a warrior at heart, like Daemon, and did not feel at home in peaceful King’s Landing. He surrendered all responsibilities he had in the capital and joined his brother in his conquest of the Stepstones. To thank him for his help, Daemon would later make him his Hand and give him an island of his own, although M resigned from his position as Hand sometimes during the following years. J and L both got married, J marrying a noblewoman from the Reach and L ending up with their own mother, Princess Alyssa. Finally, V demanded to join the Night’s Watch, Viserys hesitantly giving him his blessing to do so.

Otto Hightower died mysteriously two years later, and this led to a power struggle between J and L, who were respectively Master of Laws and Master of Coins. In the end, L made a more convincing case and was made Hand.

The years continued, and few changed happened. J and L eventually made peace with each other in order to better serve their brother, although L grew closer to the Queen and those that supported the claim of her son, Baelon, while J gave his full support to Rhaenyra. It was also during his tenure as Hand that L somehow insulted Lord Follard, a mistake he would later pay dearly. V continued to rise among the ranks of the Night’s Watch, eventually becoming the Commander of Shadow Tower. Daemon, unsatisfied with ruling the Stepstones, launched an invasion of Essos. Daemon and M managed to conquer Tyros, Lys and Volantis, creating their own little empire on the coast. For his services, M was made a High Lord. As for A, he became the tutor of young Prince Baelon, which was the beginning of a great friendship between the two.

Now almost 20 years into the story, two events shifted the fragile balance of power in the two kingdoms. First, Daemon was killed in his attempt to conquer Myr. This leaved his empire in the hands of his 2 years old son, who was quickly surrounded by corrupt regents who made sure to use the toddler as their puppet. M, who was previously the second-in-command of the Stepstones, found himself on the out. His career would began to die from that point on, although he would still do a thing or two before giving up. The second thing was the sudden death of Viserys a few years later. When he died, J expected Rhaenyra to ascend to the throne, and since he was her favorite uncle, hoped to become the new Hand. Instead, a group of nobles, including L, A and the Queen, put young Baelon on the throne.

Many made a case for Rhaenyra’s claim, but when she died of greyscale in the ensuing months, they all accepted Baelon as their rightful king. J would find himself out of the Council, and after two years lingering around without purpose, he chose to follow M’s example, leaving King’s Landing for the Stepstones. When he arrived, he quickly joined the fray and fought for the right of regency over his young nephew, which he was able to achieve… for 7 months, after which he was removed. Still, he managed to secure an island for himself during his time as regent, allowing him to live as comfortable life as a local lord.

The Stepstones had bigger problems to deal with than the regency crisis, however. In Essos, the local population had begun to rise up against their overlords, and the young king was on the verge of losing his continental possessions. M was recalled as commander, as he and J were the only Dragon Riders in the Stepstones (the son of Daemon had failed to tame his own dragon, ending up infirm in the attempt). This would allow them to suppress some of the revolts, but over the years the rebellions would continue to pile up, ending with the creation of new smaller republics replacing the conquered territories in the following decades.

In Westeros, young Baelon finally reached adult age, and would eventually be knighted by his uncle A. One of the first decisions of his reign was to name his uncle A Captain of the Kingsguard. He also named the son of L Captain of the Golden Cloaks. However, the young man proved to be insanely violent, and Baelon was forced to remove his cousin from the position after a month. Then, insane news arrived to him. His uncle L, the Hand, had been imprisoned for a crime (I seriously have no idea why, I just got a message that he was in my jail at one point without having knwing how or why). On the advice of A, Baelon banished his uncle to the Wall. The following year, the Commander of the Night’s Watch died, and L was appointed as his successor, in spite of V’s years of service to the Watch.

The Stepstones felt into chaos as the son of Daemon reached adulthood. The first thing the new king did was to imprison and execute his uncle M. At the time, M had been fighting a war with his own sons, who had rebelled against his rule. The death of M rid the Stepstones of their last great warrior, as although J was a Dragon Rider, he was a cowardly man who preferred the shadows to the battlefield. J would live for 12 more years, he passed them brooding in his island, without any possibility to rejoin the political arena. When the son of Daemon died, the Stepstones felt into a series of civil wars that doomed it, allowing pirates to take back their islands and destroying this Targaryen kingdom.

Two years after L became Commander of the Night’s Watch, King Baelon received disturbing news from the Wall. L had taken a Wildling as his wife and declared himself King of the Wall. He exile had clearly made his uncle mad. The mad son of L quickly joined his father up north to assume his position as heir, bringing another dragon to the Wall. Many in the Night’s Watch refuse to submit to the mad king, but not V. Although grudgingly, V did bend the knee to his brother, mostly in order to keep his command over Shadow Tower. Baelon himself rode his dragon to go meet his uncle in battle, but the mad king remained on his wall. It was instead his cousin who he met in battle, and after a lengthy fight, Baelon emerged victorious. An army, led by A, then besieged the Wall and captured the mad L, who was given to the Night’s Watch to do as they pleased.

Since it was V who was elected as the new Commander, he chose to be merciful with his brother, leaving him in a jail. L would remain in his cell for four more years, until he was murdered over a forgotten offense. When his body was found lifeless, V ordered an investigation, which led to Lord Follard, who L had offended decades ago. This issue lingered for years, and when the wife of Baelon passed away 6 years later, V made the trip to King’s Landing to demand justice for his brother. To everyone’s surprise, A also demanded justice for L, and Baelon relented to the demands of his uncles and had Follard thrown in jail.

The rest of the story was a peaceful one. V would serve as Commander of the Night’s Watch for 23 years, pushing back three Kings Beyond the Wall who attempted to seize the Wall, which is a testament to both his skills and the number of powerful wildlings during the period. A for his part, lived well into his 70’s, and even lived long enough to see his nephew King Baelon die, leaving his own son Aerion to inherit the throne. Just like Baelon, Aerion was put into the care of A, who also acted as Hand for his great-nephew. During this regency, he had to face a civil war as one of M’s son attempted to claim the Iron Throne. When the pretender was fed to A’s dragon, the lords paramount returned into the fold. A died only a week after the birth of Jaehaerys, the heir to the Iron Throne and son of Aerion I.

So this was a summary of the story that inspired this AAR. Of course, the AAR will be much more detailed, with dialogues and more times on the characters.

So I leave it to you to provide me with the main characters of this AAR! In this story, Prince Baelon and Princess Alyssa had more children than in cannon. I don’t know how much people will participate, but I’ve calculated that there is enough spots for 12 new siblings, assuming they had one child each year (although I have no idea how many people will participate).

Down will be explanations on how to create a character for this AAR. The age of each will be determined by the order of arrival, so first one will be 27, second one 26, third 25, fourth 24, etc. Viserys is 29 at the start of the AAR, and I’ll move Daemon to 28 so that the lore remains mostly unchaged about the crisis of succession. There is also five free dragons at this point in time, so I will distribute them randomly between the characters. I’ll leave a week for the character creation period and for people to join. In a week, I’ll make a post presenting the new Targaryen siblings, with a paragraph giving them some backstory and how they ended up where they are.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I hope you like the idea as much as I do, and I hope to see you around! FIRE AND BLOOD!
250px-House_Targaryen.svg.png

CHARACTER CREATION

Name
So, your character need a Valyrian name. It can be hard to think of something original. Viserys and Daemon are the only one already taken among the siblings. If you want to take more common names like Aegon or Alyssa, feel free to do so. For those that want more unique name, I found this list on reddit here. which give basically any name possibility for a Valyrian name, with more unique name like Aukar and Valaera.

That part is easy. Say if your character is a man or a woman. Simple as that.

Attributes
You have the following values for your attributes (2/4/5/6/8). You apply each value to one of the five attributes (Diplomacy, Martial, Stewardship, Intrigue and Learning). Don’t add the bonus that come from the traits, we’ll let the game deal with that.

Traits
I'll be refering to the attributes by their first three letters for short. So for example, Stewardship will be written as "Ste".

1- You can take any Education Trait of your choice, no restriction here. If you want your Targaryen to be a paragon of intrigue, it’s your choice, just like you can also make him/her a failure of a soldier by giving the first martial education trait.
Diplomacy
Naive Appeaser: Dip +1

Gruff Diplomat: Dip +3, Int +1

Charismatic Negotiator: Dip +4, Int +2, Monthly Prestige +0.05

Grey Eminence: Dip +6, Int +2, Monthly Prestige +0.10

Martial
Incompetent Commander: Mar +2

Dutiful Commander: Mar +4, 1 Leadership Trait

Skilled Commander: Mar +6, 2 Leadership Traits, Monthly Prestige +0.05

Brilliant Commander: Mar +8, 3 Leadership Traits, Monthly Prestige +0.10

Stewardship
Incompetent Steward: Ste +2, Tax Modifier -0.01

Competent Steward: Ste +4

Skilled Steward: Ste +6, Tax Modifier +0.05, Monthly Prestige +0.05

Brillant Steward: Ste +6, Tax Modifier +0.10, Monthly Prestige +0.10

Intrigue
Amateurish Plotter: Int +1

Flamboyant Schemer: Int +3, Dip +1

Intricate Webweaver: Int +4, Dip +2, Monthly Prestige +0.05

Elusive Shadow: Int +6, Dip +2, Monthly Prestige +0.10

Learning
Incompetent Scientist: Lea +3, Mar -1

Dutiful Academic: Lea +4, Ste +1, Mar -1

Expert Scientist: Lea +6, Ste +1, Mar -1, Monthly Prestige +0.05

Mastermind Scholar: Lea +8, Ste +1, Mar -1, Monthly Prestige +0.10

2- You can take a combat trait, if you want, although it’s not mandatory. Really depend of how good a fighter you want your character to be.
Poor Fighter: Mar +1, Combat Rating +20

Trained Fighter: Mar +2, Combat Rating +40

Skilled Fighter: Mar +3, Monthly Prestige +0.05, Combat Rating +60

Formidable Fighter: Mar +4, Monthly Prestige +0.10, Combat Rating +80, health +1.5, vassal opinion +5, sex appeal +5.

3- You can pick ONE of the following traits, although you can also just skip this step if you feel your character doesn’t need any of those. A character doesn’t need to be a genius or a dwarf to be interesting.
Positive Genetic Traits
Attractive: Dip +1, Sex Appeal +30

Genius: All Attributes +5, Combat Rating +20, Dragon Hatching Chance +100%, Dragon Taming Chance +200%, Vassal Opinion +5

Quick: All Attributes +3, Combat Rating +10, Dragon Hatching Chance +25%, Dragon Taming Chance +50%

Strong: Dip +1, Mar +2, Health +1, Fertility +10%, Sex Appeal +10, Vassal Opinion +5

Giant: Mar +2, Int -1, Combat Rating +30, Sex Appeal +5

Negative Genetic Traits
Clubfooted: Mar -1, Sex Appeal -10, Combat Rating -40

Harelip: Dip -1, Sex Appeal -10

Hunchback: Mar -1, Sex Appeal -30, Vassal Opinion -5, Combat Rating -40

Lisp: Dip -1, Sex Appeal -5

Stutter: Dip -1

Ugly: Dip -1, Sex Appeal -20

Dwarf: Mar -1, Sex Appeal -20, General Opinion -5, Combat Rating -40

Slow: All Attributes -3, Combat Rating -10, Dragon Hatching Chance -25%, Dragon Taming Chances -100%

Imbecile: All Attributes -8, Combat Rating -20, Dragon Hatching Chance -25%, Dragon Taming Chances -200%, Vassal Opinion -10

Inbred: All Attributes -5, Health -.15, Fertility -30%, Combat Rating -20, Vassal Opinion -10

Weak: Mar -1, Health -1, Fertility -5%, Combat Rating -20, Dragon Taming Chance -100%, Sex Appeal -10, Vassal Opinion -5

Non-Inheritable Traits
Brawny: Mar+2, Dip +1, Health +1, Combat Rating +20, Dragon Taming Chance +100%, Sex Appeal +5, Vassal Opinion +5

Frail: Mar -1, Combat Rating -20, Dragon Taming Chance -100%, Sex Appeal -5, Vassal Opinion -5

Shrewd: All Attributes +2, Combat Rating +10, Dragon Hatching Chance +25%, Dragon Taming Chance +50%

Dull: All Attributes -2, Combat Rating -10, Dragon Hatching Chance -25%, Dragon Taming Chance -100%

4- Now, if you want, pick a Lifestyle if you want, although you can simply skip this part. Still, having you character be a professional hunter, a competent gardener or a famous torturer can give some personality to him/her, in my opinion.
Hedonist: Dip +2, Int +1, Fertility +20%, Church Opinion -5, Monthly Piety -0.5

Celibate: Fertility -1000%, Church Opinion +5, Monthly Piety +1

Socializer: Dip +3, Sex Appeal +10

Game Master: Dip +2, Mar +1

Poet: Dip +1

Falconer: Dip +1

Duelist: Mar +1

Hunter: Mar +1, Dip +1

Strategist: Mar +2, Ste +1

Gardener: Ste +2, Lea +1, Drowned God Opinion -2, Iron Isles Culture Opinion -2

Administrator: Ste +3

Architect: Ste +2, Mar +1

Torturer: Int +2, Lea +1, Fear +20

Seducer: Int +2, Dip +1, Sex Appeal +50

Seductress: Int +2, Dip +1, Sex Appeal +50

Master Schemer: Int +3

Scholar: Lea +3, Dragon Hatching Chance +25%

Mystic: Int +1,

Theologian: Lea +2, Int +1

5- And now we finally arrive to the personality traits. You pick four traits here. You can pick as many positive and/or negative traits, as long as the total is 4 traits. Of course, in my opinion a character is always better when he/she has at least one flaw, but if you want one with only positives, than I won’t stop you.
Positive Traits
Chaste: Lea +1, Fertility -15%, Church Opinion +5

Temperate: Ste +2, Church Opinion +5

Charitable: Dip +3, Chirch Opinion +5, Drowned God Opinion -5

Diligent: All Attributes +1, Vassal Opinion +5

Patient: Dip +1, Int +1, Ste +1, Lea +1, Fear -10

Kind: Dip +2, Int -2, Vassal Opinion +5, Fear -20

Humble: Monthly Piety +1

Honest: Dip +2, Int -2, Combat Rating -5

Brave: Mar +2, Vassal Opinion +5, Drowned God Opinion +2, Iron Isles Culture Opinion +2

Gregarious: Dip +2, Sex Appeal +5, Vassal Opinion +5

Ambitious: All Attributes +2, Drowned God Opinion +2, Iron Isles Culture +2

Just: Ste +2, Lea +1, Vassal Opinion +5

Honorable: Int -1, Monthly Piety +1, General Opinion +10, Liege Opinion +25, Fear -20

Family Person: Dynasty Member Opinion +5, Spouse Opinion +5

Authoritative: Mar+1, Dip+1, Fear +10, Dragon Taming Chance +100%

Fashionable: Dip +1, Sex Appeal +10, Spouse +5, Monthly Prestige +0.01

Zealous: Mar +2, Church Opinion +5, Infidel Opinion -25, Monthly Piety +1

Trusting: Dip +1, Int -2

Erudite: Lea+2, Church Opinion +5

Negative Traits
Lustful: Int +1, Fertility +20%, Church Opinion -5, Monthly Piety -0.25

Gluttonous: Ste -2, Sex Appeal -15, Church Opinion -5

Greedy: Dip -1, Tax Modifier +0.10

Slothful: All Attributes -1, Vassal Opinion -5

Wroth: Mar +1, Dip -1, Int -1, Fear+10, Dragon Hatching Chance -25%

Envious: Int +2, Dip -1, Liege Opinion -15

Proud: Monthly Prestige +0.5

Deceitful: Int +3, Dip -2, Combat Rating +5

Craven: Mar -2, Vassal Opinion -5, Drowned God Opinion -2, Iron Isles Culture Opinion -2

Shy: Dip -2

Content: Int -1, Liege Opinion +25, Drowned God Opinion -2, Iron Isles Culture Opinion -2, Monthly Piety +0.5

Arbitrary: Ste -2, Lea -1, Vassal Opinion -5

Cynical: Int +2, Church Opinion -5, Monthly Piety -0.2

Paranoid: Int +2, Dip -1

Cruel: Int +1, Dip -1, General Opinion -5, Vassal Opinion -5, Sex Appeal -5, Drowned God Opinion +2, Iron Isles Culture Opinion +2, Fear +20

Stubborn: Ste +1, Dip -1, Vassal Opinion -5

Rude: Dip -1, Spouse Opinion -5, Sex Appeal -5, General Opinion -5

Selfish: Ste +1, Spouse Opinion -5, Dynasty Member Opinion -5

Ruthless: Int +2, Monthly Piety -1, General Opinion -10, Drowned God Opinion +2, Iron Isles Culture Opinion +2, Fear +20

6- If your character is a man, you can take one of the following traits: Knight, Septon or Maester. Whenever you took one of those three jobs or not, you can also take Black Brother and be a member of the Nightswatch. A knight can also be part of the Kingsguard if his Combat Rating is of at least 60. Obviously, with the exception of knight, this mean that you’re character won’t be married (see later options).
Knight: Monthly Prestige +0.1, Sex Appeal +5, Church Opinion +10, Andal Opinion +2, Dornish Opinion +2, The Seven Opinion +2

Septon: Dip +2, Monthly Piety +0.5, Church Opinion +5, Same Religion Opinion +5

Maester: Dip +1, Ste +1, Int +1, Lea +4, Liege Opinion +20, Iron Isles Culture Opinion -10

Black Brother: Monthly Piety +0.2, First Men Opinion +5, Andal Opinion +5, Dornish Opinion +5, Free Folk Opinion -50, Dynasty Member Opinion +5

Kingsguard: Dip +1, Monthly Prestige +2, Monthly Piety +0.1, Liege Opinion +15

7- And finally if your character had a martial education to have leadership traits, here is the point where you selected them.
Light Foot Leader: +20% light foot troops

Heavy Infantry Leader: +20% heavy foot troops

Cavalry Leader: +20% mounted troops

Inspiring Leader: +15% morale damage and defense

Trickster: +20% experimentality

Organizer: +20% movement speed, +10% retreat speed

Defender: +25% Defence, -10% damage

Direct Leader: +20% leader the center

Flanker: +20% leading flank

Aggressive Leader: +25% in pursuit, +10% damage, -10% defence

Siege Leader: +40% siege

Flat Terrain Expert: +20% plains, farmlands and steppes

Rough Terrain Expert: +20% forests and kills

Mountain Terrain Expert: +20% mountains

Desert Expert: +20% desert

Holy Warrior: +30% damages against religious enemies

Unyielding: +20% morale defence, +10% defence

Battlefield Terrain Master: +50% narrow flank

Winter Soldier: +50% winter combat

Leads from the rear: +20% defence, -10% morale damage

Relationship
Here, you tell me if you want your character to be married or not at the beginning of the story. If you chose to be married, you can specified the culture of the spouse, although I will decide myself who your character is married to. I’ll try to find someone already existing of this culture, but if not I’ll create a character to fill the role.
If on the other hand, you don’t start married, it doesn’t mean that your character will remain alone for the entirety of the story. Viserys is trying to keep peace at all cost, so if a marriage can bring peace to Westeros, he will make sure it happens.
There is also a third option, which is to ask to be married to a brother/sister of yours. That option depend heavily on the possibility that someone else create a character of the opposite gender and also ask to be married to a sibling. If this no sibling can be found, then I'll simply make your character single.

Starting Location
Now, since I’ll be playing as Viserys, it means that the center of the AAR will be King’s Landing. However, depending on the number of Targaryen siblings, this can lead to a lot of people in the same place, which means little room for the characters to act. So if you wish to star the story elsewhere, you are free to do so, as long as it is either on Westeros or in the Free Cities (anywhere farther would be problematic). Here are a couple of ideas where a character could be:
  • Dragonstone: Princess Rhaenyra is only 9, yet she still rule over Dragonstone. Being in the entourage of the heiress instead of the King could provide a different setting of Targaryen, one where the goal is to get as close as possible to the one everyone expect to ascend to the throne one day.
  • Sunspear: At the start of the story, Dorne is still independent, making it an interesting region of the Westeros, especially for a member of the Targaryen Royal Family.
  • Oldtown: The home of the Citadel and the Starry Sept, the current home of the High Septon, Oldtown is perfect for any Targaryen in search of knowledge.

CHARACTER EXAMPLES
Here are two examples of characters, to give you an idea of the kind of characters that can be created (among the MANY possibilities).

Laekar (M)
Diplomacy: 6 Martial: 8 Stewardship: 4 Intrigue: 5 Learning: 2

Traits:
  • Flamboyant Schemer
  • Skilled Fighter
  • Duelist
  • Fashionable, Lustful, Brave, Cynical
  • Knight
Relationship: Married (Lysene)
Starting Location: Pentos

Jacaena (F)
Diplomacy: 6 Martial: 2 Stewardship: 5 Intrigue: 4 Learning: 8

Traits:
  • Grey Eminence
  • Frail
  • Gardener
  • Erudite, Content, Selfish, Honest
Relationship: Single
Starting Location: King’s Landing

250px-House_Targaryen.svg.png

Last edited:
Alright, I quite like this idea, here's my contribution.
Vaeron (M)
Diplomacy: 5 Martial: 2 Stewardship: 8 Intrigue: 4 Learning: 6

Traits:
  • Skilled Steward
  • Quick
  • Trained Fighter
  • Scholar
  • Shy, Erudite, Ambitious, Cynical
  • Knight
Relationship: Married (Essosi Valyrian)
Starting Location: Volantis

Jaelyx (M)
Diplomacy: 8 Martial: 2 Stewardship: 5 Intrigue: 6 Learning: 4

Traits:
  • Grey Eminence
  • Poor Fighter
  • Attractive
  • Poet
  • Ambitious, Fashionable, Slothful, Lustful
  • Homosexual

Relationship: Unmarried
Starting Location: King's Landing

I imagine Jaelyx being someone who wants to do great things. However, being a fifth-born child and knowing that he'll never sit upon the Iron Throne or rule over anything of significance has resulted in his disenchantment. So he distracts himself with poetry, music, art, fashion, lovers, etc. Yet with Viserys ascending the throne and Daemon sailing to the Stepstones, that may just change.

Last edited:
Elaerys (M)
Diplomacy: 4 Martial: 8 Stewardship: 2 Intrigue: 6 Learning: 5

Traits:
  • Brilliant Commander
  • Formidable Fighter
  • Strong
  • Gardener
  • Lustful, Authoritative, Brave, Ambitious
  • Knight
  • Inspiring Leader, Organizer, Unyielding
Relationship: Married to a Dornish high-born woman
Starting Location: Daemon's court

Last edited:
Hey, happy to see you guys here! We are guetting a lot of diverse characters here! I like it! We have a lot of ambitious young men here, with a less than stellar sister watching their back. Can't wait to see them in action when the AAR start proper.

Diplomacy: 7 Martial: 2 Stewardship: 4 Intrigue: 11 Learning: 5

Diplomacy: 12 Martial: 2 Stewardship: 5 Intrigue: 6 Learning: 4

Guys, I'm guessing you added some of the modifiers to your stats? It is easier for me to get the base values, since the bonus are added in game. I'm guessing Rhaenys is supposed to be 6/2/4/8/5 and Jaelyx 8/2/5/6/4?

Last edited:
I am going to bow-out of helping choose the character - I hope you don't mind - but I do intend to follow this AAR.

This is such a cool idea!

Maegon (M)

Diplomacy: 2 Martial: 8 Stewardship: 5 Intrigue: 6 Learning: 4

Traits:

• Skilled Commander
  • Formidable Fighter
  • Strong
  • Torturer
  • Proud, Ruthless, Brave, Family Person
  • Knight
  • Direct Leader, Aggressive Leader

Relationship: Sister-Wife (If available)
Starting Location: Dragonstone

Last edited:
This is such a cool idea!

Thanks! I thought people would find it more engaging and interesting if they had an imput on who the main characters were.

Relationship: Sister-Wife (If available)

I think there is still a 35 years old Targaryen Aunt (and also your mom, but she's 53 by now). If no other character appear to be your sister-wife, would you prefer to be single or married to your aunt? I forgot she existed when I made the first post so I never took her into account.

I am going to bow-out of helping choose the character - I hope you don't mind - but I do intend to follow this AAR.

Hey, no problems. Everyone is welcomed on this ride. I just hope everyone have as much fun reading it as I have writing it.

Last edited:
I think there is still a 35 years old Targaryen Aunt (and also your mom, but she's 53 by now). If no other character appear to be your sister-wife, would you prefer to be single or married to your aunt? I forgot she existed when I made the first post so I never took her into account.
Hmm, I would prefer him be single.

Guys, I'm guessing you added some of the modifiers to your stats? It is easier for me to get the base values, since the bonus are added in game. I'm guessing Rhaenys is supposed to be 6/2/4/8/5 and Jaelyx 8/2/5/6/4?

Oh, I intended 12 to be his base diplomacy, but that does seem be a bit much doesn't it? I'll drop it 9~10 if you want.

Oh, I intended 12 to be his base diplomacy, but that does seem be a bit much doesn't it? I'll drop it 9~10 if you want.

The thing is, I asked that the biggest stat be 8 for all characters, so I'd appreciate it out of fairness for the others if you could put his stats to the 8/6/5/4/2 values I asked. You could also change your character if you believe it won't fit the concept you had to have it reduced to 8. After all, I ain't starting before thursday of friday, so you have full time to change it if you want.

The thing is, I asked that the biggest stat be 8 for all characters, so I'd appreciate it out of fairness for the others if you could put his stats to the 8/6/5/4/2 values I asked. You could also change your character if you believe it won't fit the concept you had to have it reduced to 8. After all, I ain't starting before thursday of friday, so you have full time to change it if you want.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of this. I guess I should have read the character creation section more thoroughly. I'll adjust accordingly.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of this. I guess I should have read the character creation section more thoroughly. I'll adjust accordingly.

Hey, no harms done. That's one of the reason why I left a week for character creation, so that if something needed to be fixed or if there was some misunderstanding, we could change stuffs before the start.

Vaelyx(M)

Diplomacy: 4 Martial: 6 Stewardship: 2 Intrigue: 5 Learning: 8

Traits:
Skilled Commander
Skilled Fighter
Shrewd
Deceitful, Family Person, Diligent, Authoritative
Knight, Kingsguard
Organizer, Direct Leader

Last edited:
Vaelyx(M)

Diplomacy: 4 Martial: 6 Stewardship: 2 Intrigue: 5 Charisma: 8

Traits:
Skilled Commander
Skilled Fighter
Shrewd
Deceitful, Family Person, Diligent, Authoritative
Knight, Kingsguard
Organizer, Direct Leader

I juste want to confirm something. You mean Learning when you said charisma, or did you accidentaly switch with diplomacy?

Also, a member of the King's Guard! I was wondering if one would appear.

Aemon(M)

Diplomacy: 2, Martial: 8, Stewardship: 5, Intrigue: 4, Learning, 6.

Skilled Commander, Trained Fighter. Flanker.
Shrewd.
Patient, shy, erudite, content.
Knight.
Unmarried.

Seems like an intresting idea.

Valerion(M)

Diplomacy:8 Martial:2 Stewardship:6 Intrigue:5 Learning:4

Traits

Grey eminence
Poor fighter
Weak
Administrator
Ruthless
Wroth
Gregarious
Just

Relationship married to a highborn high valyrian woman .
Starting location: Dragonstone

Last edited: