• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That is all but the entirety of continental Europe embroiled in war. I foresee lots of death and destruction.

That American Independence War is bloodier than I though it would be judging from the casualty rates from the update. At this rate the Continental Wars (through I personally think the Petrovic Wars would also be a good interchangeable name for them considering that Petrovic might end up being the Napoleon figure for Greece depending on his military skill) could exceed the Chinese war in death tolls!:eek: At least the Eimericas and Europe will be very interesting with Revolutionary sentiments rising in them.

Cathay is going to regret its decision to ally with Greece soon. I imagine that their collaboration with the Revolutionary Hellenic Republic while also suppresing the independence movements in their colonies won't leave Cathay very popular in the eyes of the world and would be seen as hypocritical of Cathay, which It kind of is tbh.

I have mixed feelings towards Greece's Revolutionary flag. I mean its not completely terrible like the randomly generated flags for Revolutionary countries usally are, but I don't feel like it sits Greece outside of the light blue right stripe, I'm not sure what the symbolic orgins and symbolism of the flag in universe would be here since France's revolutionary flag defiantly had a clear orgin and significant symbolism to it in the context of the French Revolution in OTL.

With Scandinavia and Greece as Revolutionary republics and Cathay collaborating with them it looks like things can allow go up for the Revolutionaries at this point.

Also I am quite pleased by the Incan Nation forming too, I thought it would never be for so long, espically since the Mayans and Aztecs were colonized (through I think their culture is still intact within the British and Khitan Empires thanks to the cultural tolerance inherit in the Zunist religion)
Rome, belonging to anything beyond a Monarchy, Preposterous. :p
Well Rome isn't going to stay under a monarchy any longer when Greeks are marching into the city and declaring another Roman Republic thanks to Cathay's help.:p Also Greece is allied to mighty Cathay I guess the Revolutionaries is now Cathay's enlighten brothers in arms and the anti Revolutionary monarchies in Italy and Bohemia are savages.:p

Considering the Hellenic Republic has Athens, the cradle of democracy in their hands, I'm wondering if they can also inherit the military prowess that built Sparta's legacy as well in the Continental Wars (through I do think the movie 300 definitely blows Sparta's martial skills out of portion.)

Last edited:
Eimericas
Hohenzollern Empire is leaking again...:p
I have mixed feelings towards Greece's Revolutionary flag. I mean its not completely terrible like the randomly generated flags for Revolutionary countries usally are, but I don't feel like it sits Greece outside of the light blue right stripe, I'm not sure what the symbolic orgins and symbolism of the flag in universe would be here since France's revolutionary flag defiantly had a clear orgin and significant symbolism to it in the context of the French Revolution in OTL.
Most of the default revolutionary flags are bland, and the ones in conversions are randomly generated (when the mod was created). I mean, the Roman Empire revolutionary flag is even pure white. But thankfully Dragoon can mod the flags to something better.

Wait a minute... I think I've just realized something.
just leave this here.
cq38tXm.png
Bingo, I posted it in response to everyone making Tito Jokes. Tito is in HOI. He does not lead Cathay though.
Considering that Greece is the power controlling the balkans at the points, and they have been under Greek influence for awhile, does this mean that Greece ends up becoming a Communist regime in HOI4 under Tito?o_O
I'm not sure to consider myself a genius for considering this from dissciussions many pages ago or if I am looking too much into things.:confused:

This isn't a very serous question Dragoon, but considering you habits towards using pictures of anime characters for characters in the Anniona-verse due the anime portraits mod you played CK2 with, and I'm pretty sure used a picture of Lelouch Lamperouge for one Anniona emperor in the Stellaris portion of the Anniona megacampagin, would it be possible for you to get away with using picutes of Light Yagami or L Lawliet from Death Note for characters in the HOI4 section? I know its a bit of a silly thing to ask but a guy can hope right?

Last edited:
Nope, I did not have an inlore explanation, honestly I didnt even notice they were Shia ingame until I looked at the screenshots in Post!. Something something Radical fundamentalism throwing off the chains of Zunist oppression maybe. Or Perhaps i'll go with post Islamic destruction Shia is a radical version of Zunism with most of the syncretism having been discarded in favor of a far more pure faith. Which considering its in Persia may mean it looks far more like some sort of Zoroastrian-Actual Zunism-Manchianism mix instead of the sorta Pseudo-Buddhist-Christianity-Islam the rest of the world follows.
The Different branch of zunism sounds like a better idea tbh

Another question I have is what is Cathay's situation with slavery at the moment? I know three's actually a decision to abolish slavery in 1700 (I do think the the fact the decision to abolish slavery pops in 1700 is a bit anachronistic and should show up much later) but I assume slavery is still practiced since the abolishing of slavery is mentioned and I assume it is widely practiced in the Twelve Provinces like the early US in OTL, so I'm wondering what is it like in Cathay.

Another question I have is what is Cathay's situation with slavery at the moment? I know three's actually a decision to abolish slavery in 1700 (I do think the the fact the decision to abolish slavery pops in 1700 is a bit anachronistic and should show up much later) but I assume slavery is still practiced since the abolishing of slavery is mentioned and I assume it is widely practiced in the Twelve Provinces like the early US in OTL, so I'm wondering what is it like in Cathay.
I guess it means abolition of the slave trade, since that happened much earlier than the abolition of slavery itself and sort of makes sense in the 1700s (though 1700 itself is stretching it).

I guess it means abolition of the slave trade, since that happened much earlier than the abolition of slavery itself and sort of makes sense in the 1700s (though 1700 itself is stretching it).
That makes sense. I do still think some of EU4’s decisions don’t make any sense from a historical standpoint like that decisions to construct the Panama, Seuz and Kiel Canal even through the Suez Canal was constructed in 1859 to 1869, the Kiel was built under the German Empire in 1887 to 1895 while being expanded on from 1907-1914, and the Suez was constructed from 1881 to the 1900s.
Sorry for being for that nitpicking there, it was always something that confused me in EU4 (through I definitely see the gameplay benefits of having your navies travel more quickly between oceans so I guess that’s why those decisions were included.)

That makes sense. I do still think some of EU4’s decisions don’t make any sense from a historical standpoint like that decisions to construct the Panama, Seuz and Kiel Canal even through the Suez Canal was constructed in 1859 to 1869, the Kiel was built under the German Empire in 1887 to 1895 while being expanded on from 1907-1914, and the Suez was constructed from 1881 to the 1900s.
Sorry for being for that nitpicking there, it was always something that confused me in EU4 (through I definitely see the gameplay benefits of having your navies travel more quickly between oceans so I guess that’s why those decisions were included.)
There were plans for at least the Suez and Panama canals for ages tho, it's just that at the tech levels of the time they were prohibitively expensive and not worth the investment, which is what they are in EU4 too.

Basically what Emperor of Mordor said. Also, if I remember correctly, some Egyptian pharaoh tried building a canal between the Nile and the Red Sea.

Chapter 29: The Continental Wars Begin
Chapter 29: The Continental Wars Begin
Austerlitz-baron-Pascal.jpg

The Outbreak of war in Europe following the Greek Revolution had been something of an inevitability. After successful Campaigns in Egypt and the Caucasian Mountains the Greek military was emboldened and hardened following years of chaos and unrest. The Time had finally come for the Greek Republic headed by Constantine Petrovic was now ready to retake its lost lands in Illyria, Avaria and Southern Italy. Doing so however would put it against the Anti-Revolutionary alliance headed by the Bohemians.

f25WXXx.png

The Various allies of the First Continental War however all had their own ambitions and did not coordinate well. Cathay, A temporary ally of the Revolution was intrested in seizing German Territory for itself and had little interest in helping the Greeks on a Balkan or Italian Frontline especially with revolution spreading across America. After years of Bloody Campaigning the Italian forts in Germany began to crumble, but where the Italian army was, was a different matter.​

zg8IUk5.png

The Federal Kingdom of Granada, another Ally of the Revolution due to its own resurgent rivalry with the Italians found itself overrun by a joint Italian-Portuguese Force and conceded defeat in short order freeing up the Iberian armies to fight on more important fronts such as North Africa, Italy and the Balkans.​

R7d3UZg.png

In America Cathayan forces continued to win victory after victory but at great cost. War on the mainland had meant fresh manpower had gone from a slow trickle from europe to a complete bottleneck. The Americans seeing a far greater war in Europe could give them the opportunity they needed ramped up efforts and even gathered support for what was being called 'The Bold Southern Push'.

General Sotan Zhuko developed plans for a push into the Imperial base at Yucatan by making access of allied Louisiana and Mexico. The Plan was considered risky, as it would mean marching through hundreds of miles of rough neutral territory and require significant effort on the part of the continental congress. However, news of Royalist General Khalil Uwen's continued victories had managed to make the argument for the Young General, and the Push was made.

x3Eb16z.png

The American Gambit ultimately paid off, as the Yucatan had been evacuated earlier that year to reinforce lines in Europe and in the contested Colonies in Africa. The Rebels found only local militias and Garrisons, and Yucatan not being particularly happy about Khitan colonial policy itself quickly rose up in rebellion alongside General Zhuko's forces allowing his numbers to swell.​

sr8Z5g4.png

After two years on Campaign the Yucatan was in full revolt, unified under the Yucatan National Congress, an organization made of representatives from all the major south American settlements. The YNC would declare the formation of a United States of Central America as well of give its declaration of war to Cathay not long after its formation, and would supply the American rebels with additional arms and supplies thanks to the seizure of the port of Balboa, an important crossing point for Trade from the Pacific to the Atlantic.

r0mMWn4.jpg
stom1em.png

On A similar note the Italian Colonies of Columbia and La Plata also rose up and formally declared independence from their mother country. Italy was struggling with war on three fronts in Europe and so could not spare almost any manpower to protect its colonial investments in America. The Wars were short and relatively bloodless, though not entirely of the expected result. Columbia formed a Republican Congress, La Plata however had its congress completly dissolve several times until finally the Prince of Santiago was named King of the Country to ensure stability and to prevent the various provinces from trying to control one another. A foreboding warning to the potential instability of South American politics.

C2NWSAv.png

Ireland was the next nation to accept independence of her American possessions though under completly different context. An invasion from Anti Revolutionary Brazil in response to Cathay's declaration of war on Italy had caused the Irish to deploy to defend her colonies. However the Irish quickly found themselves lacking in comparison to the far more powerful Colonial Army of Montevideo. The Irish soon decided it would be best to avoid conflict in the future and kill any attempt at revolution in the cradle by granting nominal independence to a Representative Council in the Capital of Rosario. Thus giving birth to the future Republic of Paraguay and Montevideo.

n3FzEnI.jpg

In Europe the Anti Revolutionary cause quickly had collapsed on all fronts. Outnumbered and outgunned the Bohemian Government fled to Warsaw to make a valiant last stand against the Greeks. Meanwhile the Italians having lost rome yet again and seeing the Alpine line under siege prepared to dig in their heels in the North Italian Plains. Despite Iberian aid the war was looking Grim and the Greeks were preparing demands, however an unlikely ally would soon make itself known.

9j8a9Gr.png

The British, finished recovering from the Humiliation that was the Khitan invasion doubled down on their fleet and maritime focus and stated their own intent to form a Grand Coalition against the Greeks. The Ideal would be that Mighty Britain would be an unassailable fortress from which the Anti-revolutionary cause could find support in perpetuity. Needless to say the British actions drew a response in Europe and Greek and Khitan efforts to end the war as swiftly as possible before British or potentially Persian intervention began.

pSOLlmy.jpg

The Hastily Signed Treaty of Frankfurt gave the Bohemians and Italians something they desperately wanted, Peace. In Exchange the Greek and Khitan Governments would receive significant concessions of land. The Greeks, had expanded their Black Sea and Balkan Dominions into Hegemony, while in Europe Cathay now controlled more alpine and german territory to better defend itself from future counter attack. Bernat-Anton ultimately was pleased with his generals, for their success in Italy but the general consensus in Europe was that the 'Great Continental War' as it was then being called would only be a precursor to further conflict as the British, Scandinavians and Iberians readied themselves to fight.​

jh71RSb.png

With this in Mind, The Khitan army marched north into neutral Holstein, the Intent was clear, to defeat the tiny country and seize all of its lands south of the Elbe River. Control of the river was thought to be critical should Cathay ever leave the Revolutionary alliance as without it Scandinavia could deploy its troops freely through Holstein into Northern Germania. Holding the River however would mean Scandinavia's troops would stop and be forced to cross and thus be forced around Khitan fortifications.

Yn0DNWZ.png

The Greeks Meanwhile focused on expanding their hold over Egypt. Tunisia, once a great power itself was still a threat to be considered for Consul Petrovik and so needed to be declawed as swiftly as possible. Removing the North African nation from the valuable Nile heartland in its entirety would serve to weaken it and split it in half while also giving access to valuable Egyptian Grain to Greece, which historically has depended on foreign imports of food from abroad.

nWreLzO.png

In Britain the new Anti-Revolutionary agenda was met with, some resistance. As Plans for unification of the British Isles were scrapped in Favor of playing the Great Mediator of European politics there was intellectual and military resistance. Large Scale Military defections soon occured and popular revolts began in their wake.

In less than a year after the initial revolt Bohemian Expeditionaries had reached the Isles to grant support to the monarchy only to be overrun and thrown back into the sea.​

fJGNp7H.png

Soon london itself fell and the British Monarchy found itself at the mercy of a military tribunal. The Invitation of the Bohemian Military to the Island resulted in the summary execution of King James VI and his Wife, His Children were disinherited and a Military backed Republic headed by General Alexander Tarlton was Established.

Tarlton however soon dismissed the Republic with the backing of the military and ruled as Dictator, naming himself Lord Protector of the British Isles, Some expected him to name himself monarch but the declaration never came. Insteal Tarlton named General William Bradbury as his successor should he die and established laws for the line of succession and government of the New British Commonwealth.​

VISMF0T.png

The Sudden fall of Britain however had consequences. Public Opinion in Cathay swung firmly into the Anti Revolutionary Camp. The new British 'Commonwealth' had brought the revolutionary home for many citizens as it had turned out. America was far away and the Greeks after all were democratic in the past. The British however were seen as cultural kin and for Britain to fall to chaos and to execute a Close relation of Emperor Bernat was simply unacceptable. For the ruling class of Cathay, the Revolution had now simply gone too far.​
Within this Dramatic Shift however Emperor Bernat-Aton would die leaving his son, Alexander as Rightful Emperor. Alexander was less of a military man at heart but a pragmatic and could quickly see which way the wind was blowing.
IxEq04l.png

The New Emperor would waste no time, his first major act after taking the Throne would be to denounce the Greek, Scandinavian and British Republics and seek closer relations with the Bohemians and Italians both of whom were now growing exceedingly desperate for support in the Second War. Fate However would have other plans.
938eb746f4675920db7f8ac4bf5e75e8--storming-of-bastille-viking-age.jpg

Welp, guess we're part of the revolution now...

Revolution nearer to home ... and then at home?

People are all gushing over the new Pagan reformation mechanics letting you mix and match religions but I'm just here like, :cool: did it first boys! :p

Oh dear... rebels in the new world while the homeland becomes its own war. Not the best situation, to say the least.

A nice large trans-continental war

Well at least you got the colonies under control. now you've got a continental war on your hands. I take it the greeks are going full napoleon on bohemia?

That is all but the entirety of continental Europe embroiled in war. I foresee lots of death and destruction.

Why let a little revolution in america get in the way of a good war.

As for the Greeks.. I think they may have overstepped a bit, Clearly we need to stop them before this liberalism and democracy thing gets out of hand.

That American Independence War is bloodier than I though it would be judging from the casualty rates from the update. At this rate the Continental Wars (through I personally think the Petrovic Wars would also be a good interchangeable name for them considering that Petrovic might end up being the Napoleon figure for Greece depending on his military skill) could exceed the Chinese war in death tolls!:eek: At least the Americas and Europe will be very interesting with Revolutionary sentiments rising in them.

Cathay is going to regret its decision to ally with Greece soon. I imagine that their collaboration with the Revolutionary Hellenic Republic while also suppresing the independence movements in their colonies won't leave Cathay very popular in the eyes of the world and would be seen as hypocritical of Cathay, which It kind of is tbh.

We might regret it, But hey we got to punch the Italians and Bohemians in the face so it wasn't all bad.

Also I am quite pleased by the Incan Nation forming too, I thought it would never be for so long, espically since the Mayans and Aztecs were colonized (through I think their culture is still intact within the British and Khitan Empires thanks to the cultural tolerance inherit in the Zunist religion)

Indeed, the Inca are alive and kicking and those gold mines are making them the premier power in the region

Well Rome isn't going to stay under a monarchy any longer when Greeks are marching into the city and declaring another Roman Republic thanks to Cathay's help.:p Also Greece is allied to mighty Cathay I guess the Revolutionaries is now Cathay's enlighten brothers in arms and the anti Revolutionary monarchies in Italy and Bohemia are savages.:p

Considering the Hellenic Republic has Athens, the cradle of democracy in their hands, I'm wondering if they can also inherit the military prowess that built Sparta's legacy as well in the Continental Wars (through I do think the movie 300 definitely blows Sparta's martial skills out of portion.)

Rome stayed in Italian hands, for now, But the Greeks have proven they can more or less handle the war all on thier own. Though one wonders what will happen when the persians get involved.

I have mixed feelings towards Greece's Revolutionary flag. I mean its not completely terrible like the randomly generated flags for Revolutionary countries usally are, but I don't feel like it sits Greece outside of the light blue right stripe, I'm not sure what the symbolic orgins and symbolism of the flag in universe would be here since France's revolutionary flag defiantly had a clear origin and significant symbolism to it in the context of the French Revolution in OTL.

Hohenzollern Empire is leaking again...:p

Most of the default revolutionary flags are bland, and the ones in conversions are randomly generated (when the mod was created). I mean, the Roman Empire revolutionary flag is even pure white. But thankfully Dragoon can mod the flags to something better.

That was one Randomly Generated but in Victoria the Greeks get a much better Flag.

Wait a minute... I think I've just realized something.

Considering that Greece is the power controlling the balkans at the points, and they have been under Greek influence for awhile, does this mean that Greece ends up becoming a Communist regime in HOI4 under Tito?o_O
I'm not sure to consider myself a genius for considering this from discussions many pages ago or if I am looking too much into things.:confused:

Jolly good guess.

This isn't a very serous question Dragoon, but considering you habits towards using pictures of anime characters for characters in the Anniona-verse due the anime portraits mod you played CK2 with, and I'm pretty sure used a picture of Lelouch Lamperouge for one Anniona emperor in the Stellaris portion of the Anniona megacampagin, would it be possible for you to get away with using picutes of Light Yagami or L Lawliet from Death Note for characters in the HOI4 section? I know its a bit of a silly thing to ask but a guy can hope right?

We didn't go too heavy on anime this time around so, don't get your hopes up too much. However if I need pictures in the transition im not afraid to borrow them from popular media. Anime Included.

I didnt pass it yet, Not exactly something high on the royal priority list considering the entire world is on fire.

Last edited:
People are all gushing over the new Pagan reformation mechanics letting you mix and match religions but I'm just here like, :cool: did it first boys! :p
Glances at Hohenzollern Empire's pagan lore

Hmm, that's cute.:D

Well, at least the New World is looking more colorful after these revolutions. The UCA is my favorite new presence on the map. The home front however is more prevalent though. Yesterday's rivals are today's allies against a surrounding threat.

So Bernard-Aton was not the doom of the dynasty after all. Well, that's something. :D

So Bernard-Aton was not the doom of the dynasty after all. Well, that's something. :D
Well, he is Patrick Stewart. He can't be the doom of a dynasty. Unless he's Claudius, of course.:p