• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The sequence about Ludwig IV. and the bavarian duchies has some weird results.

When Ludwig IV. in 1340 gains cores on Bavaria-Landshut and Bavaria-Straubing those two bavarian duchies get him as a ruler too. But in
Bavaria (BAY) he is Louis IV. (in english) and in BYN and BYS he is Ludwig IV. (in german).
For consistency I suggest to change monarchs_bay.txt

Code:
#Monarchs by Hive

historicalmonarch = {
   id = { type = 6 id = 17536 }
   name = "Louis IV"
   startdate = {
       year = 1301
   }
   deathdate = {
       year = 1347
   }
   DIP = 7
   ADM = 7
   MIL = 6
}

Name from Louis IV to Ludwig IV so that it is identical to his name in BYL, BYS and BYM, BYN and BYU.

And in 1340 an election for Emperor happens while historically Karl IV. of Luxemburg and Bohemia was elected only in 1346.
I assume that the reason for that is the change of the state tag. Ludwig IV. starts in the 1337 scenario as ruling Upper Bavaria and being emperor and that state changes tags to Bavaria - only that the game sees Louis IV of Bavaria as a different person than Ludwig IV. of Upper Bavaria and so has a new emperor elected before his time is up.

Possible solutions I see: Have Ludwig IV start as the ruler of BAY instead of BYU so that a tag change in 1340 is not necessary and he is seen by the game as the same person until his death.

Or have him start and die as ruler of BYU - after all he united Bavaria only for a brief time and we could reserve the BAY tag for a time where Lower and Upper Bavaria had been united for a longer period.

I have no idea if it is possible to stay emperor while changing state tags.

A worse solution would be to keep the BYU start and the tag change to BAY - and artificially hand out lots of good relations so that BAY gets reelected immediately.

Edit: A different idea - perhaps the tag changed could be used to force a change of emperor to the correct time (currently Ludwig IV ceases to be emperor prematurely in 1340, without a tag change he would stay emperor until his death in 1347). Ludwig IV was excommunicated on 13. April 1346 and on 11th July 1346 Karl of Bohemia elected. If the tag change between BYU and BAY is moved to July 1346 that would force an ingame election for a new emperor at that time.

Last edited:
I noticed the same behavior, but with Calvinist religion in Dutch Republic. Played from the start to make Dutch Republic, I have got 2 events to change religion, used first and later switched back to Catholics, with second event decided to stay as Calvinist. Later noticed that even with +1 stability some counties can revolt, looked at religion modifier and had the same only reformed slider which is in the middle.
If I take a look at another scenario with Dutch Republic in it, I can see all sliders.

Because you mentioned the Dutch Republic and Calvinist I tried to start a 1792 scenario as the Dutch Republic. Changing from calvinist to counter-reformed-catholic and all tolerance sliders are there. Changing to calvinist and all sliders are there too. So it is not a general problem of WATKABOIAAAAA that tolerance sliders are missing as they work in the most modern scenario.

Because you mentioned the Dutch Republic and Calvinist I tried to start a 1792 scenario as the Dutch Republic. Changing from calvinist to counter-reformed-catholic and all tolerance sliders are there. Changing to calvinist and all sliders are there too. So it is not a general problem of WATKABOIAAAAA that tolerance sliders are missing as they work in the most modern scenario.
That is really strange, I decided to replay with Dutch republic, I loaded my first save with it. With first event of Calvinist religion I sticked with it, not like previous time, when I changed back to catholics. And now I noticed that I have all sliders.
Take a look at my save:
Dutch Republic_1558_June_02 when I became dutch
Dutch Republic_1581_January_01-orig it is my current save with all sliders
Dutch Republic_1617_June_10 that has bugged sliders (when I was calvinist(event) -> catholic (manual switch) -> calvinist (event)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/shvab7ki47czkio/Save_Games.zip/file

Looks like it is bug with one of the events.

That is really strange, I decided to replay with Dutch republic, I loaded my first save with it. With first event of Calvinist religion I sticked with it, not like previous time, when I changed back to catholics. And now I noticed that I have all sliders.
Take a look at my save:
Dutch Republic_1558_June_02 when I became dutch
Dutch Republic_1581_January_01-orig it is my current save with all sliders
Dutch Republic_1617_June_10 that has bugged sliders (when I was calvinist(event) -> catholic (manual switch) -> calvinist (event)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/shvab7ki47czkio/Save_Games.zip/file

Looks like it is bug with one of the events.

I can’t load any of your savegames. During the initialization my FtG crashes with a critical error in the events of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel...?

In the WATKABOIAAAA menü is the checksum in the upper left for you (LRSS) too so that we are using the same version of FtG and the same version of WATKABOIAAAA?

I can’t load any of your savegames. During the initialization my FtG crashes with a critical error in the events of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel...?

In the WATKABOIAAAA menü is the checksum in the upper left for you (LRSS) too so that we are using the same version of FtG and the same version of WATKABOIAAAA?
My version shows FTG1.3-(SXRA), FTG1.3-WATKABAOIFBAAAAAA0(LOOT)

I think the problem is due to letter ü, when I started playing my game cant read 2 files, so I had to change ü (which is not shown for me) to u.
upload_2018-10-6_9-1-4.png

upload_2018-10-6_9-1-28.png

I renamed 2 this files and changed events.txt

My version shows FTG1.3-(SXRA), FTG1.3-WATKABAOIFBAAAAAA0(LOOT)

That means we are using two different patches of FtG (mine shows WBOJ instead of SXRA and two different patches of WATKABOIFBAAAAAA as I have WATKABAOIFBAAAAAA (LRSS) instead of WATKABAOIFAAAAAO (LOOT) - though I have to admit having LOOT as checksum sounds way better than LRSS... :cool:
Is the O at the end of your WATKABOIAAAAAA a typo?

In your game directory of Ftg, e.g. for me
G:\Paradox\For the Glory
open the file "changelog 1.3.txt" - what is the newest entry at the top? Mine is 11. Decembre 2017 for the newest 1.3 beta patch.
Hadar who experiences the same problem with tolerance sliders as you, mentioned that he used the SXRA version of FtG too in post 35 of this thread and that he never had any of the huge events that set flags that enable religions - a possible cause of the bug is that the Dutch Republic changed to calvinist by a dutch event, BEFORE calvinist religion was enabled in the game by the hugeevent "Council of Trent" from the Hugeevents.txt file

I think the problem is due to letter ü, when I started playing my game cant read 2 files, so I had to change ü (which is not shown for me) to u.
View attachment 408857
View attachment 408858
I renamed 2 this files and changed events.txt

ü is a letter from the german alphabet that written alternatively, e. g. in german crosswords would be written as ue
That caused no error for me when I start a game but I have no idea if that is because I use a german keyboard and german version of Windows.

You should be able to write an "ü" using ALT + 0252

Last edited:
That means we are using two different patches of FtG (mine shows WBOJ instead of SXRA and two different patches of WATKABOIFBAAAAAA as I have WATKABAOIFBAAAAAA (LRSS) instead of WATKABAOIFAAAAAO (LOOT) - though I have to admit having LOOT as checksum sounds way better than LRSS... :cool:
Is the O at the end of your WATKABOIAAAAAA a typo?

In your game directory of Ftg, e.g. for me
G:\Paradox\For the Glory
open the file "changelog 1.3.txt" - what is the newest entry at the top? Mine is 11. Decembre 2017 for the newest 1.3 beta patch.
Hadar who experiences the same problem with tolerance sliders as you, mentioned that he used the SXRA version of FtG too in post 35 of this thread and that he never had any of the huge events that set flags that enable religions - a possible cause of the bug is that the Dutch Republic changed to calvinist by a dutch event, BEFORE calvinist religion was enabled in the game by the hugeevent "Council of Trent" from the Hugeevents.txt file

ü is a letter from the german alphabet that written alternatively, e. g. in german crosswords would be written as ue
That caused no error for me when I start a game but I have no idea if that is because I use a german keyboard and german version of Windows.

You should be able to write an "ü" using ALT + 0252
I have got 29 December 2013 patch
Oh when I was looking for latest patch, I thought
upload_2018-10-6_18-55-32.png
29 december > 11, i didnt noticed year, lol.
I knew that ü is from german, I thought that would be easier to change files name for me, and I dont have numpad on my laptop alienware 15r1 so I cant use it for placing unicode symbols.

I have got 29 December 2013 patch
Oh when I was looking for latest patch, I thought View attachment 408924 29 december > 11, i didnt noticed year, lol.
I knew that ü is from german, I thought that would be easier to change files name for me, and I dont have numpad on my laptop alienware 15r1 so I cant use it for placing unicode symbols.

There are some reasons to stay with FtG patch 1.2 (the last official patch that most mods work with except for those that are specifically for 1.3).
But if you go to beta patch 1.3 you should always use the latest version. Which means that @Hadar and you should update FtG to avoid that we are chasing bugs that already have been purged
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ftg-1-3-beta-patch-unified-thread.670289/
Changes in the beta patch since your version from 2013:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ftg-1-3-beta-11-december-2017.1060204/

After changing patch versions starting a new game is however recommended as loading savegames of older versions may cause problems.

Edit: In my current 1337 testgame I noticed that on 20.09.1378 event 8983115 about the avignon pope did not fire itself. However I could fire it manually using the console. That means that WATKABOIAAAAAA can access the events in AvignonCatholic.txt (else I could not have manually fired it) but somehow not fires it itself.

I reloaded a savegame from 1377, changed playing from Burgundy to Austria and did let it run until 1379 - still no antipope-event fired.

Edit: If the huge events that set flags do not fire in WATKABAOIAAAAAA then religions will not be enabled and that could be a likely cause for the bug. In vanilla FtG 1.3 all the huge events had the line "global = yes" added. Perhaps that is the reason that the old WATKABOIAAAAAA huge events do not fire themselves...?

Last edited:
I just tried to add
global = yes
to event 8983115 in hugeevents.txt and the event fired perfectly on 20.09.1378 and enabled avignon catholic religion.

So it seems that starting with FtG 1.3 events either need to be countryspecific, provincespecific, be random or persistent, or to be global to fire and that events that are none of that are not fired by the game as @Andrei-gijgorev already posted a while ago in his thread about the validator:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...tor-for-the-glory.481780/page-5#post-15323562

Event in file AvignonCatholic.txt

# The Election of the Antipope
event = {

id = 8983115
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME8983115"
desc = "EVENTHIST8983115"
date = { day = 20 month = september year = 1378 }
offset = 0
action = {
name = "ACTIONNAME8983115A"
command = { type = flag which = 0 }
}
}

That the tolerance sliders worked in the 1792 scenario was due to the scenario definition file that has:
flags = { 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 }
meaning that the 1792 scenario is set so that the huge events that set the flags from 0 to 7 had already happened.

Same change for the event that sets flag 1:

# The Council of Constance
event = {

id = 8983107
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME8983107"
desc = "EVENTHIST8983107"
date = { day = 3 month = july year = 1415 }
offset = 0
action = {
name = "ACTIONNAME8983107A"
command = { type = flag which = 1 }
}
}

Same for the other flag events in HugeEvents.txt:

event = {

id = 110
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME103"
desc = "EVENTHIST103"
style = 1
date = { day = 6 month = june year = 1494 }

action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 2 }
}
}

event = {

id = 100
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME101"
desc = "EVENTHIST101"
date = { year = 1516 }
offset = 1500
action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 3 }
}
}

event = {

id = 102
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME102"
desc = "EVENTHIST102"
date = { year = 1570 }
offset = 5000
action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 4 }
}
}

event = {

id = 104
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME104"
desc = "EVENTHIST104"
date = { year = 1610 }
offset = 5000
action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 5 }
}
}

event = {

id = 103
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME302"
desc = "EVENTHIST302"
date = { year = 1650 }
offset = 3000
action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 6 }
}
}

event = {

id = 105
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME105"
desc = "EVENTHIST105"
date = { year = 1700 }
offset = 5000
action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 7 }
}
}

I added a .7z archive as an attachment to this post. It contains Andrei’s WATKABOIAAAAAA and the changes that I described in this post and post 40 of this thread for anyone who does not want to edit the files manually or wait until Andrei returns to upload a new version of his mod.

Attachments

• WATKABAOIFBAAAAAA.7z
    38,4 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
When looking at the geographical mapmode some things are strange.

province
373 Region Eastern Europe --> Scandinavia because it is surrounded by scandinavian provinces,
330 Region HRE --> Central Europe because when Tabor is HRE is would make more sense to have the entire Bohemia in the HRE. But it looks like Andrei wanted Austria-Hungary to be Central Europe and then Tabor should be too.
1554 Region Indochina --> China because it is surrounded by chinese provinces
266 Area Russia --> Finland, however that depends on the intention. In vanilla FtG or AGCEEP from 1419 - 1820 I would say Finland because it was finnish/swedish most of the time. But if the game runs from 1337 to 1914 Russia makes sense too.

Last edited:
Installed fresh, error during loading and crash.

https://imgur.com/a/cTloMPQ

EDIT: Never mind! Restarted computer and it works.

You should really contact the Zendesk/Support so that you can merge your new account with your oldforum-account to get your name from the old forum back.
There was recently someone else in the helpforum
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...he-forum-features.847760/page-6#post-24872074
who had a similar problem and got his old and new account merged.

You should really contact the Zendesk/Support so that you can merge your new account with your oldforum-account to get your name from the old forum back.
There was recently someone else in the helpforum
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...he-forum-features.847760/page-6#post-24872074
who had a similar problem and got his old and new account merged.

Don't know if I can be bothered mate, how far should I go back? Had a few names in the past, first started when EU2 came out... I'm old, I like these old games, I haven't bought a new game in ages... 1.3 is new to me......

Ive noticed with this 'new' update... my navy fleet changes directions on it's own.... anyone else has this problem? Starting to think I want my 1.2 back! Would love if someone could provide a clean 1.2 Watkaboi, been thinking about doing an AAR but what's the point when my navy has a mind of it's own haha, plus you click on a FTG AAR link here and it takes you on a merry go round, hide and seek (I did find it haha).... navy just changed direction again.... I'm out until I can get 1.2 back

Last edited:
Don't know if I can be bothered mate, how far should I go back? Had a few names in the past, first started when EU2 came out...

Well, first of all because according to
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/forum-user-agreement-rules.544261/
the forum policy is that everyone should have only 1 memberaccount except with prior administrator approval...

And if your games are registered under the oldforumaccount you miss out the icons for the games under your new forum account.

I'm old, I like these old games, I haven't bought a new game in ages... 1.3 is new to me......

Ive noticed with this 'new' update... my navy fleet changes directions on it's own.... anyone else has this problem? Starting to think I want my 1.2 back! Would love if someone could provide a clean 1.2 Watkaboi, been thinking about doing an AAR but what's the point when my navy has a mind of it's own haha, plus you click on a FTG AAR link here and it takes you on a merry go round, hide and seek (I did find it haha).... navy just changed direction again.... I'm out until I can get 1.2 back

With which update? Vanilla 1.3? WATKABOIAAA?
Your fleets should not change course without you giving orders, except when
- you accidentally clicked the circle to order them on a patrol on which it then ships back and forth;
- attrition runs up high that the fleet is forced back to the closest friendly port;
- you accidentally clicked the "Hunt Pirates" field and the fleet is automatically hunting pirates.

Last edited:
Well, first of all because according to
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/forum-user-agreement-rules.544261/
the forum policy is that everyone should have only 1 memberaccount except with prior administrator approval...

And if your games are registered under the oldforumaccount you miss out the icons for the games under your new forum account.

With which update? Vanilla 1.3? WATKABOIAAA?
Your fleets should not change course without you giving orders, except when
- you accidentally clicked the circle to order them on a patrol on which it then ships back and forth;
- attrition runs up high that the fleet is forced back to the closest friendly port;
- you accidentally clicked the "Hunt Pirates" field and the fleet is automatically hunting pirates.

I don't recall the passwords to former accounts.

.... WATKABOIAAA?.. This fleet didn't have any attrition and I didn't press 'hunt pirates' or put them on patrol, twice they changed direction in the middle of entering an enemy sea zone which never ever happened to me before in EU2/FTG.... don't matter, uninstall/reinstall, back to 1.2, all good!

I don't recall the passwords to former accounts.

Even then you can recover your old accounts. There is an option to resend the password if you know your old accountname but have forgotten the password. Or in case of forgotten passwords and no longer having access to the old e-mail-adress, apply to the Zendesk/Support and tell them which were your old accounts so that they can sort it out.

Even then you can recover your old accounts. There is an option to resend the password if you know your old accountname but have forgotten the password. Or in case of forgotten passwords and no longer having access to the old e-mail-adress, apply to the Zendesk/Support and tell them which were your old accounts so that they can sort it out.

Thanks but I'm not interested in jumping through hoops, just want to play the game.

I just tried to add
global = yes
to event 8983115 in hugeevents.txt and the event fired perfectly on 20.09.1378 and enabled avignon catholic religion.

So it seems that starting with FtG 1.3 events either need to be countryspecific, provincespecific, be random or persistent, or to be global to fire and that events that are none of that are not fired by the game as @Andrei-gijgorev already posted a while ago in his thread about the validator:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...tor-for-the-glory.481780/page-5#post-15323562

Event in file AvignonCatholic.txt

# The Election of the Antipope
event = {

id = 8983115
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME8983115"
desc = "EVENTHIST8983115"
date = { day = 20 month = september year = 1378 }
offset = 0
action = {
name = "ACTIONNAME8983115A"
command = { type = flag which = 0 }
}
}

That the tolerance sliders worked in the 1792 scenario was due to the scenario definition file that has:
flags = { 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 }
meaning that the 1792 scenario is set so that the huge events that set the flags from 0 to 7 had already happened.

Same change for the event that sets flag 1:

# The Council of Constance
event = {

id = 8983107
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME8983107"
desc = "EVENTHIST8983107"
date = { day = 3 month = july year = 1415 }
offset = 0
action = {
name = "ACTIONNAME8983107A"
command = { type = flag which = 1 }
}
}

Same for the other flag events in HugeEvents.txt:

event = {

id = 110
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME103"
desc = "EVENTHIST103"
style = 1
date = { day = 6 month = june year = 1494 }

action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 2 }
}
}

event = {

id = 100
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME101"
desc = "EVENTHIST101"
date = { year = 1516 }
offset = 1500
action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 3 }
}
}

event = {

id = 102
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME102"
desc = "EVENTHIST102"
date = { year = 1570 }
offset = 5000
action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 4 }
}
}

event = {

id = 104
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME104"
desc = "EVENTHIST104"
date = { year = 1610 }
offset = 5000
action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 5 }
}
}

event = {

id = 103
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME302"
desc = "EVENTHIST302"
date = { year = 1650 }
offset = 3000
action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 6 }
}
}

event = {

id = 105
global = yes
name = "EVENTNAME105"
desc = "EVENTHIST105"
date = { year = 1700 }
offset = 5000
action = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = flag which = 7 }
}
}

I added a .7z archive as an attachment to this post. It contains Andrei’s WATKABOIAAAAAA and the changes that I described in this post and post 40 of this thread for anyone who does not want to edit the files manually or wait until Andrei returns to upload a new version of his mod.

@ConjurerDragon @MichaelM @Andrei Gijgorev

Not sure if it is 1.3 patch error or WATKABAOIFBAAAAAA but playing Sweden (manually granted independence from Norway and loading save as Sweden) ALWAYS crashes on 24th February 1353. I used @ConjurerDragon file with WATKABAOIFBAAAAAA.

For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\For the Glory\FTG.exe
Creation Time: 18.08.2019 18:50:15
Problem: Zatrzymano działanie.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Nazwa aplikacji: FTG.exe
Wersja aplikacji: 1.3.0.0
Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji: 5a25e700
Nazwa modułu z błędem: FTG.exe
Wersja modułu z błędem: 1.3.0.0
Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem: 5a25e700
Kod wyjątku: c0000005
Przesunięcie wyjątku: 0009b894

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: fa16e4ff5e41c1109fc81066f065e2ff (2290098444823814911)

Dump is always the same.

Attachments

• Report.7z
    2,8 KB · Views: 4
Can you guys make WATKABAOI work with the new FTG Rebel patch? I would like to play with the updated version!

Nvm did it myself

Last edited: