• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

frank2368

Corporal
6 Badges
Sep 25, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
One line summary of your issue
AI doesn't raid

Game Version

What expansions do you have installed?
Jade Dragon,
Monks & Mystics,
The Reapers Due,
Conclave,
Horse Lords,
Way of Life,
Charlemagne,
Rajas of India,
Sons of Abraham,
The Old Gods,
The Republic,
Legacy of Rome,
Sword of Islam,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
AI simply never does raiding anymore.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Start in 867 and observe. The norse AI will never raid.

Upload Attachment

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Divine

Νew day, new week! What about a new hotfix ? We're still waiting!

Cheers!

A new day dawns upon the Empire. I bringeth to you a new beta patch with fierce warriors burning the houses of pious men.

We managed to bypass some of our routines for testing the releases and has thus managed to release a fix for the AI raiding issue as a beta patch for you. You can access it by going to the beta branch controls via the steam application. The steam client might require a restart to be able to find the beta branch.
beta branch.PNG

A new day dawns upon the Empire. I bringeth to you a new beta patch with fierce warriors burning the houses of pious men.

We managed to bypass some of our routines for testing the releases and has thus managed to release a fix for the AI raiding issue as a beta patch for you. You can access it by going to the beta branch controls via the steam application. The steam client might require a restart to be able to find the beta branch.
View attachment 406555

We really appreciate it @Divine.
Excellent work if the issue is fixed and tested!
Cheers.

I'm playing with the beta patch now and at least one of my vassals were raiding, however (even before using beta patch but after getting Horse Lords) I'm being raided by non land owning members of my own empire. Is that supposed to happen?

I'm playing with the beta patch now and at least one of my vassals were raiding, however (even before using beta patch but after getting Horse Lords) I'm being raided by non land owning members of my own empire. Is that supposed to happen?

Sounds like a bug. Others will probably know more about it though.

Sounds like a bug. Others will probably know more about it though.

I'd wonder how "non land owning" characters can be members of his empire...,
unless it's a nomad realm, then i can imagine what junassa refers to..but then i wouldn't know...

unless it's a nomad realm, then i can imagine what junassa refers to..but then i wouldn't know...

I'm as much puzzled as you.

There are sons of jarls/chiefs raiding me. Even my own kinsman (from a matrilineal marriage; I was giving my own sons land before my sister's/aunt's) raided me, ransomed my kids, and then wanted to buy a county from me! Cheeky bastard.

Are only count level vassals capable of raiding? I don't see any jarls raiding.

eta: ok jarls are raiding for me. Man there's too much competition for loot now, change it back. :p

Last edited:
Is this bug back in 3.2.* ? The AI does seem to raid on land, but not using ships, so there's no Norse raiding nuisance around the British Isles.

EDIT: Not a single raid on the British Isles in ten years of observing 867-877...

Last edited:
So what I was referring to earlier were adventurers I guess. I still see them, but I'm pretty sure none of my vassals (or their vassals) are raiding right now even though I have SB+ Daring.

edit: I should mention I'm running a ton of mods, but I don't think any of them have changed anything concerning raiding.

Alright so I double checked a save and the AI is definitely raiding. I have two AI from my realm raiding and there's at least one other non adventurer AI raiding.

Attachments

• Kanem-Bornu1072_12_01_3rd_IC_Run.ck2
    10,9 MB · Views: 3
Alright so I double checked a save and the AI is definitely raiding. I have two AI from my realm raiding and there's at least one other non adventurer AI raiding.
But are they raiding at sea or only your neighbours on land?

But are they raiding at sea or only your neighbours on land?

One is raiding by sea (Britannia from Syrte I think) I didn't check the others.

One is raiding by sea (Britannia from Syrte I think) I didn't check the others.
Really? That's very odd.

I see only seaborne raids (extremely seldom) when the realms are very close to each other.

It would be really cool if some cultures were restricted in their raiding, so they could only go so many tiles - but this should not be the case for Norse raiders. I don't know if it's something like this they've tried to implement.

In my game (both modded and completely clean vanilla) seaborne raiding is almost entirely absent - even when starting during the Viking Age.

Weirdly enough it seems to pick up a little bit later on - so there's actually more raiding in the 11th century...

The Vikings seem to be raiding a little bit more this past week or so. Still not as often as they used to. But in my 867 Wessex Start, I had to fight them off twice in less than a year...

Why this was marked as resolved ? o_O

Any Dev feedback please?

Cheers!

Why this was marked as resolved ? o_O

Any Dev feedback please?

Cheers!

Because Divine thought he had fixed it.

View attachment 406555

If you think it is still broken (which it probably is since I haven't had to fight off any raiders trying to take Venice), make a new report.