• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jean-luc Picard v the revolution. HYPE

Are you buffing up the Greeks for this or will they need to hope to get by on their own?
It wouldn't be a challenge if the Greeks aren't buffed up, I think.

Are you buffing up the Greeks for this or will they need to hope to get by on their own?
Actually, since Greece is the first revoltinary nation, therefore the Revolutionary Target in the game, they do get bounus that give them storng armies in manpower and morale. Through I do think that maybe the buffs should be upgraded a little to make them a little more successful earlier on. Tbh, I do want to see revolutionary Greece to be a challenge to the other European powers Napoleon style.
Anyhow, now that we have liberal revolutionaries, lets see how Cathay would handle Communists and Fascists in a couple centuries.:p

Also I'm going to quote an earlier statement from one of my posts that Dragoon forgot to answer to earlier so that he can maybe notice it.
Is it just me, or did I take Cathay to be a bit more humanist empire than it seems to be in these recent updates. I mean they are egalitarian and humanist in culture, willing to integrate native religious in their faith and its somewhat progressive with women in its government, through I'm pretty sure its fairly traditional in the social level. I know Humanism is not one of Cathay's idea groups in game, but I personally see it to be humanist myself.

Chapter 27: Liberty, Equality, Brotherhood
Chapter 27: Liberty, Equality, Brotherhood
Prise-de-la-Bastille-3.jpg

Bankruptcy and Foreign intervention had been the spark in the proverbial powderkeg. Enlightenment Ideals had become commonplace the world over but had never been put into practice in the world, No people would be so desperate to overthrow a tried and true system of government.

But when that Government was not tried and true and instead failing opportunity had arisen. From the Streets of Belgrade, Edirne and Even Constantinople Itself came the calls of revolution in the face of mounting national debt and defeat after defeat. The Greek People after centuries of Warfare, occupation and monarchical oppression finally had enough.

HTOPt09.png

Revolution spread like a fire in the Urban Bosphorus Region. Devastated by war peasants from across both sides of the straight rose up and seized armored and military surplus, Troops defected enmasse and intellectuals of the underclass led them to success capturing fortress after fortress until even the city of Men's desire fell before the radicals.

zwjdQHL.png

The Revolution cared not for Dynasty or Legal history. Growing Nationalism had seen to it that the Urban population of greece in both Europe and Asia wanted not only freedom but unification. NIkea weakened by warfare and trapped between Persia and rebels in its home region found itself occupied and broken within weeks. The Royal family rather than concede victory to the peasant rabble moved the Capital temporarily to Ankara where royalist forces prepared a defense.

8kWsBSa.png

In Greece the Government had recently declared Bankruptcy and had no true standing army to speak of. The Rebels quickly overran the entire Country Singing the Creed of Liberty, Brotherhood and Equality. Soon Athens itself feel, the very birthplace of Democracy and on that day the Rebels, Free of King or Country declared the dawn of a new age, The Hellenic Republic.

pSLW9sx.png

Running from the Adriatic the Middle East the Hellenic Republic laid claims to all lands of the Eastern Roman Empire of old. What had started as a revolt over higher taxes had become a movement that had shook the world to its very foundations. No Monarch to speak of, No Great Houses or Dynastic connections, The Greek People owned Greece and were led not through divine blood but through popular vote once again.
The Greek Republic was very much styled on the Roman and Greek Republics before it but also unique. There would be three houses, an Elected Legislature, an Executive and a Judiciary. True Democracy while desired was unfeasible with the size the republic found itself and so a representative House of the People called the National Assembly was formed.

The Senate meanwhile represented interests of the provinces and would be made of older and more proven politicians from the assembly.

Finally the three Consuls would be elected from the Senate and approved by the Assembly and Rule for 6 years each with one rotating out every two years. The Eldest consul would be given control over the military, the middle control over enforcement and the youngest, of diplomacy and legislature. Though the other two consuls would have the right to overrule any other in their decisions.

132669-004-AF290F2D.jpg

In practice however Chaos was the rule of the day as the Mob rounded up people by the hundred first but later the thousand and performed public executions on those considered to be enemies of the revolution. Even politicians and later consuls were at risk of falling to the almighty Guillotine. The Monarchies of the world prepared a reaction, Greece as proven itself a wild land needing to be tamed and so it would, but time needed to be taken to rebuild and truces had to be respected.

rDSP980.jpg

Meanwhile in America the Twelve provinces operated in open violation of Khitan law, seizing land from the Scandinavian colony of Vinland in a protracted illegal war over the St Lawrence, and later annexing the Cherokee Confederation and inviting settlers illegally to the region. Emperor Bernat while eager to put the irons to the Greeks for executing their monarch had a far more urgent crisis on his hand in the behavior of his own colonies.

Taxation and Revolts had already caused unrest but the fact that the colonial governor ships were no defying laws of the crown was a dangerous sign of treason.

ZLvvOq4.jpg

Word of the Success of the Greeks spread quick and in the Colonies the ideas of the enlightenment were powerful indeed. Riots in Yucatan for instance had broken out in hopes of lowering taxes and gaining further autonomy from the crown. The Crown responded by deploying troops overseas to suppress such rebellions before they grew out of hand.​

uT87vS3.png

In The Irish Colony of Peru the Native Inca people rather than going through the formality defeated the Irish colonial military in several key engagements and declared the creation of the Inca Empire, a Country that would own the vast goldmines of Peru and through its own inhospitable terrain find itself independence in a world dominated by colonial powers. It would be the first major rebellion in America, but not the last.​

4rG4W03.png

Scandinavia drained from colonial wars and lost adventures in China had found itself in a similarly bad position. With a literate populace and poor legitimacy to start with the Death of King Erik IV without a legitimate heir prompted demands for a general assembly to replace the regency council appointed in Erik's stead. In response the Kingdom of Bohemia declared war, fearing that their claims to the Scandinavian crown could be stolen away by peasant rabble in Stockholm.​

f1sjTg6.png

In an effort to contain the revolution the Bohemian Empire seized all Scandinavian Territories in the Southern Baltic ending centuries of Scandinavian rule and firmly planting Bohemia has the leader of the fast forming anti revolutionary league. Greece would be the next target but Greece had grown powerful and quickly and was in the process of enhancing itself even further.

ABKOvow.jpg

The Kingdoms of Arabia and Georgia fell swiftly to the Greek Juggernaut leaving only might Persia in the East to stand in its way. With the North occupied by Bohemia, Persia to the east and Italy to the West the Greek War effort continued south into Tunisia with intent to liberate the valuable Egyptian Breadbasket from the Sultan of Tunisia.​

nkV44T0.jpg

Meanwhile the Flames of Colonial War ignited again as the British hoping to take advantage of Scandinavia attacked Scandinavian colonies in America. The Newly formed Scandinavian republic however wasted no time promising independence to its colonies in America in exchange for help against the British.

The war quickly turned into a Quagmire for the british as they fought guerillas within Mexico and throughout the Great Plains. A far cry from the easy war that was expected.​

ELw5onI.png

Meanwhile The Greek Colonies that did exist in America had declared their own independence soon enough, Sicilian Canada was quickly absorbed into Scandinavian Vinland while Brazil had a different story. The Rightful Heir of Greece Crowned Leo II escaped the revolution and named himself Emperor of Brazil. While Leo's original intent was to reclaim his own country as years in exile grew on he grew to like his Position in Brazil and the Greco Brazilian people welcomed their Emperor. Though Brazil would only be the second Empire in America, as the Nortons of California continued to reign as constitutional monarchs on the northern continent as well.​

HpWCS22.png

The Persian Empire meanwhile continued to hack away at the corpse that the Indian Confederation had become. Mighty Persia powered by faith and the powerful silk road now at peace again was well prepared to strike back against the revolution as well. Though if the Isolated great power could be successful against the growing greek juggernaut was a matter of fierce debate.

After all the Bohemian and Persian Empires Despised one another over rivalries in the Ukraine. To Work together against greece would ultimately bring benefit to the other in their respective sphere which would mean further difficulties down the Road. The rebellion would die off as all had in the past, The Idea of working with a hated enemy however was simply not going to happen.​

0jHdSgR.png

By the time the initial ashes had settled, the World Order had begun to look drastically different. Japan was a firm great power and Bohemia thanks to its success had changed places with Scandinavia which now found itself isolated diplomatically with respect to the powers around it. Persia however had been displaced as the most powerful country in the world in favor of the greek cesspit.

The Khitan however remained firm in their glory as the masters of the world over. After all Cathay had a popular monarchy, a Powerful Asian empire and Loyal subjects in America and Europe. Nothing could touch the Empire, clearly. The British and Italians however were opportunists to the core, and where they would stand in the looming wars would determine the course of history.

However something far larger was coming, The Greeks would burn Europe but for the Khitan the shot heard around the world was about to fire.​
RCjyKTN.png

A Raid on a suspected arms depot would put the conflicts of world to the side as the World Stage was set for a slightly different show

The Revolution is Live, And it will NOT be civilized

Bernat-Anton will make a fine Emperor, especially thanks to his talented wife and promising heir.

On a more global front, having three powerful nations out for you was already bad news. Greece kicking off revolutions spells bigger problems though.

Greece is small and weak. Let them rebel. /famouslastwords

I'm sure this will all blow over. The People know whats best for them...

Dont they?

I like how Greece, a country whose known for being the cradle of democracy in ancient times, was one of the first countries to switch to democracy in this AAR as well. That's actually really appropriate.:D Through I can imagine this idea of democracy in Greece's past before will lend a lot of cultural legitimacy to the Revolutionary Republic in the eyes of the Greek intellectual population. So I can imagine the republic to be pretty strong due to having an example to follow from their history. Anyhow I'm actually interested in what this Revolutionary Greece can accomplish. Maybe some sort of Greek Napoleonic Wars soon.

Also you have accidentally quoted one of your reposes to my statements about Persia and India in your recent post. You may want to fix it just so its easier to tell which statements are mine and which are yours dragoon.:)

I actually would kind of like to see some sort of democracy in Cathay tbh, with the monarchy in power of course. I mean, I know that the Annionas had some sort of democracy in Austria eventually. But it didn't really have much power and it was still an Absolute Monarchy anyways, and I'd rather have something different than an Abolitionist power-stomp across the world again.

I imagine the Republican History of Greece and to a lesser degree Scandinavia did indeed contribute to the Revolution finding a home there. When got the Pop Up my reaction was to smile a bit becuase I knew that it meant this was going to be an interesting end to the campaign. The Hellenic Republic Rises and the World will shake as Athens brings light to the world again.

As for Cathay, no Spoilers but things certainly go Differently. The Ethics for Stellaris are not Authoritarian or Spiritualist, so that should clue you in a bit. HOI4 also has a Much greater challenge than the Annionas Faced. The Khitan earn their victory.

The thing about revolutions is that they revolve.
You protest against tyranny and autocracy
Next you are executing people because they are a threat
Then you are getting executed because you are a threat
And then your juniors end up setting up another autocracy.

That is true, through it didn't really occur for the thirteen colonies when they had their revolution in OTL. But then again their goal was to break away from a country, not overturn a government like the French Revolution did. So theirs that.

Lets just say there's going to be A Lot of Revolution in this campaign and leave it at that.

Actually, since Greece is the first revolutionary nation, therefore the Revolutionary Target in the game, they do get bounus that give them storng armies in manpower and morale. Through I do think that maybe the buffs should be upgraded a little to make them a little more successful earlier on. Tbh, I do want to see revolutionary Greece to be a challenge to the other European powers Napoleon style.
Anyhow, now that we have liberal revolutionaries, lets see how Cathay would handle Communists and Fascists in a couple centuries.:p

To be fair, if the Ai was competetant Greece would have been fine alone, But When I saw that Nikea and Greece both got the revolution event, I couldn't resist feeding the Trex a bit. What can I say, I just want to watch the world burn. :oops:

Is it just me, or did I take Cathay to be a bit more humanist empire than it seems to be in these recent updates. I mean they are egalitarian and humanist in culture, willing to integrate native religious in their faith and its somewhat progressive with women in its government, through I'm pretty sure its fairly traditional in the social level. I know Humanism is not one of Cathay's idea groups in game, but I personally see it to be humanist myself.

You would be right that Cathay is more humanist than the average bear. The Zunist religion sort of contributes to this but also its egalitarian heritage from when it was a steppe horde. However that doesn't make Colonialism in some of its worst forms much better and so its very much a mixed bag if your in the Empire. Not nearly as bad as the ones in OTL but it can get pretty bad, especially when the KEIC is involved.

Bharat crumbles, and Greece and Scandinavia become the first revolutionaries. A war in North America's about to begin. What will the future bring?

I quite like how the monarchies aren't just going after the Revolution. Historically the Coalition was not inevitable and it was the belligerence of France that forced long time rivals together. If Greece contains its expansion to the Muslims the monarchies of Europe will likely find it a power they can do business with.

Revolutions incoming! A great and bloody set of risings, creating much work for future historians.

What a fascinating update. The entire power balance has been shake up so much, and it's all thanks to Greece lighting the match.

I quite like how the monarchies aren't just going after the Revolution. Historically the Coalition was not inevitable and it was the belligerence of France that forced long time rivals together. If Greece contains its expansion to the Muslims the monarchies of Europe will likely find it a power they can do business with.
Agreed, as of wait now Greece is a distant but significant threat to the European monarchies right now, being contained by great powers like Persia, Italy and Bohemia surronding it. Through I do expect that to change since I kind of expect Italy to be the next target for revolution due to its connections to the ancient Roman Republic, which would change the power dynamics between the Revolutionaries and the monarchies drastically.

I like how the rise of the Hellenic Republic occurred due to riots in the Bosporus, probably in Constantinople, almost like another Nika Riots.;) I also guess that the Revolution did indeed occur because of some damned fool thing in the Balkans here.:p

That American (or Camelot since that term hasn't been used in a while even through that was one of the names used for the Americas in the early part of this AAR) Revolution might be interesting, but I'm more interested by the Hellenic Republic now, since I honestly didn't expect Greece and Nikea to unify into a Neo Byzantine Empire of sorts. All the Greeks need is a Napoleon-esque leader and they will be very formidable indeed.

What is the capital of the Hellenic Republic by the way? It's probablyo_O either Athens or Constantinople and while Constantinople is a very prestigious and rich city, it's called the City of Men's desire for a reason, Athens would be a very important city to the Revolution owing to its past as a powerful democracy in the classical era, so its probably the capital.

Revolutionary Greece is actually prefect in addition to drawing a lot from Ancient Greece is also at odds with Persia, which I find very appropriate given Greece's rivalry in Ancient times from the Persian wars, Alexander the Great and even to the late Roman/ Early Byzantine era. I imagine that because of this, revolutionary propaganda will portray Persia as the ultimate enemy to the Greek Revolution (as Cathay is a distant power and the Greeks don't have as much of a tense history with Bohemia as they do Persia) and Persia will have the fiercest resistance to the Greeks in a war of attrition. Essentially I picture Persia to be the Russia to Revolutionary Greece's Napoleonic France and Nazi Germany. Plus, I kind of want Persia to win against the Greeks for once tbh.:oops:

Also how did Persia end up Shia since at the start of this AAR central Asia was Zunist like Europe, the Middle East and Northern Africa were and I don't remember Shia Persia at the start of this EU4 segment of the megacampaign?:confused:

Last edited:
Also how did Persia end up Shia since at the start of this AAR central Asia was Zunist like Europe, the Middle East and Northern Africa were and I don't remember Shia Persia at the start of this EU4 segment of the megacampaign?:confused:
There's an event in vanilla which turns Persia to Shia but doesn't check if it's Sunni, meaning it can happen for any religion. I had the same thing in my megacampaign and had to disable it in the end.

There's an event in vanilla which turns Persia to Shia but doesn't check if it's Sunni, meaning it can happen for any religion. I had the same thing in my megacampaign and had to disable it in the end.
Oh I see, that clears it up.:) Through I'm still wondering if Dragoon has an in-lore explanation for why Persia is a Shia Islam country instead of a Zunnist one.

Chapter 28: Revolution and Reaction
Chapter 28: Revolution and Reaction
AMERICAN-youtube-Thumbnail-1080x675.png

The World Was on Fire. Revolution had broken out in Scandinavia and the Eastern Mediterranean and New Independent States were rising from opportunity and circumstance in America. The idea of a Balance of Power in Europe had fallen by the wayside as the very foundation of power the existing monarchies of Great Britain, Bohemia, Italy and Cathay was being undermined from outside and within.

Meanwhile the Vast Colonial Empires of Europe were under siege by local uprisings emboldened by current events across the atlantic.

Y9awopv.jpg

The Outcome of the Anglo-Norse Indian and Frontier Wars had led to the creation of the Independent Republic of Louisiana or otherwise known as the Mississippi Republic. Though the Revolutionary terms did not end at the Prairie.

The British were forced to accept the the Unification of Scandinavian and British Mexico into a new Independent Mexican Republic backed by the Empire of California effectively removing the British from the continent and putting the balance of Power in America into full free fall.

With the British Empire in America in full collapse the British Sugar colonies in the Eastern Mediterranean also declared Independence in a massive slave riot. By all was said and Done Japanese Mexico, The 12 Khitan Provinces and Vinland remained the only colonial territories on a continent increasingly fed up with foreign influence.

fXs5WTw.jpg

Meanwhile in Asia the Indian Empire continued to be picked apart by opportunists. This Time the Italians with a distinct lack of colonial territories of their own invaded Indian Indonesia in full force seizing the failing confederation colonies under its own flag.

hQiz0rC.png

With the Spice Trade already fiercely competitive, the Italians focused their colonial Empire around the production of Cottons and other cash crops as well as tropical wood and spices. The Italian strategy was found to be highly successful if far more intensive in its drive to extract resources from its conquests in the east.

ZnAEWYy.png

Italian re-entry into the spice trade however would be the final nail in the coffin. Between the Khitan, Japanese and British there was already fierce competition and the Italian entry into the east meant prices simply collapsed. The KEIC quickly found its dividends plummeting far into the negatives as it raced to compete with the Japanese and the British who both undercut their prices in everything from Tea to Sugar and Peppers.

To Save the failing KEIC company and avoid a country bailout Emperor Bernat-Anton was pressured to push the growing KEIC decifiet across more profitable endeavours. This ultimately would come with the Merchant Protection act, which gave the East and West India Companies exclusive access to several key ports such as Havana, Boston, New Antwerp, Belize and Richmond. The Act was widely unpopular in a sea of other unpopular acts and riots quickly broke out in New Antwerp over the restrictions.

Boston_Tea_Party_Currier_colored.jpg

In Havana local unrest caused riots, when the riots had died down due to Khitan military presence a Shipment of Tea and other East Asian goods was attacked in the dark of night and thrown into the Bay. When the Local Garrison responded the resulting skirmish detonated the RMS Endeavour which was carrying Gunpowder munitions for the Local fort, destroying several important merchant ships as well as the resulting fire devastating Havanna's merchant marine facilities.

Efforts to avoid a Repeat of the Havanna Tea Fire meant an increases deployment of Imperial Troops into not only Cuba but the Yucatan and Twelve Provinces. This did little to alleviate the already boiling tensions between Colonial and Imperial interests. In two years Peace keeping deployments felt more like a military occupation.

It did not take long for Rebellion to break out in full, Following word of a Militia arms depot in Nipmue near boston General Shahab Quintillus marched a large force to suppress rebel activity and to capture any supplies the local militia could be using to arm themselves. It would be remembered as one of the worst military defeats in Khitan history.​

maAYi5J.png

Due to the distance from General Quintillus' post at New Antwerp to Nimue local militias for miles had time to rally and march to intercept the Imperial army as it marched north. For the first half of the Journey things were quiet, but despite years of academic and military training for war in Europe General Quintillus completly underestimated both the unrest of the region and the rebel's ability to organize.

After a brief skirmish at Nimue proper no arms depot was found, and Rebel Guerillas harrassed the Army of the Hudson for miles as it retreated to Manhattan Island. Nobody knows who fired the first shot, but was certain was by the time the Imperial army had arrived within the safety of Fort Uther's guns the Army of the Hudson had been turned into a mere shell of its former self, low on supplies, manpower and morale.​

4yn1SYq.png

In the following weeks General Quintillus wrote back to Ventralis pleading for Aid and reinforcement. By the time the letters had arrived in Cathay the Siege of New Antwerp had ended, The City was lost and the American Revolutionary war was on.​

Vyna7W0.png

The American Rebels, hoping for one last attempt at peace issued an Olive Branch Treaty to Emperor Bernat-Aton demanding amnesty and a return to pre Alexandrian Regulations in the New World. Emperor Bernat's advisors were firm and reassured that the Rebels were being completly unreasonable and that the Might of the Imperial Army would prove that where Britain had failed, the Khitan would succeeded and bring the colonials to heel.

In Total however the Imperial military had vastly underestimated the extent that The Scandinavian Republic as well as the new Nations of North America would back Khitan revolutionaries in America. The Americans were far less than the loose confederation of frontier militias that were expected but a well supplied army.​

mj6ggHY.jpg

This assumption however colored how the new Leader of the American front, Khalil Uwen would lead the American war effort, focusing on the more valuable caribbean first, and then marching up through Florida to seize the vital port cities along the 12 Provinces Coast, capitulating each Colony in turn.

7MyX27k.png

After a Year of Campaigning General Khalil, Uwen had managed to completly subjugate the Island of Cuba and force a surrender from the Local provisional government. The Governor was hung as a traitor and a large military garrison was left on the Island to ensure loyalty. The War was going well.

wDYl49d.png

The Next major step was the Invasion of Florida, Due to Treacherous and utterly inhospitable terrain Florida was lightly settled with much of its actual population sitting along the Coastline. Landing was easy performed and through alliances with the Local seminole the Khitan Army managed to successfully march up through the state and seize the capital at St Augustus.

The Florida legislature however did not concede and instead had fled the state for the rebel capital in New Antwerp. An unexpected result but nonetheless the Imperial army marched north.​

plSWOTE.png

The Rebel armies however had no real intent of fighting the Khitan on fair ground. As General Uwen marched up the coastline he made sure to remain close to Imperial Naval support and to army loyalists on his march. The Rebel army meanwhile was fearful to engage an opponent not willing to fight on their terms.​

E4CoQNa.png

Battle would eventually be met in Southern Georgia where Imperial Troops marched south to prevent the relief of the Fortress at Mocama. After Six Weeks of heavy fighting the Rebels broke rank under heavy cannon fire, though the Losses endured by Royalist forces were massive. Poor Equipment for the Royalist army and a lack of knowledge of the terrain had given the rebels an inherent tactical advantage despite General Khalil's measures. However proximity to the coastline allowed for fast reinforcement from Cuba and thus the march north continued.​

CpaXL5Z.png

In Spain the Kingdom of Portugal continued to advance against the Kingdom of Granada. Despite a smaller size and population the Professional Portuguese Military continued to impress, routing the Granadan armies on several major occasions and forcing further concessions in dejure castille. Once the favorite to Unify the Peninsula, Granada was looking more and more like a sick Kingdom on the verge of collapse.
JCruhqL.png

Meanwhile in Greece the Revolutionary Government had begun to reach some level of stability. A Powerful group of radical intellectuals calling themselves the Reformists had allied with the military to seize the reigns of government from the previous Populares regime. Rather than executing most of their political opponents they were simply jailed, while the pillars of society that had been left in the early stages of the revolution, the lower aristocracy and the Zunist church came under full assault.

Church lands were confiscated across the country while many members of the lower nobility had their titles seized by the state with no compensation. Most of this wealth and land went to the military but a significant portion also went to the government and the fledgling Cult of Reason that had taken hold in the more philosophically inclined intellectual circles of government.​

Marmont.jpg

This Reformist Period ended rather abruptly when General Constantine Petrovic marched on Athens with 60 Thousand Loyalists from his Egyptian Campaign. The Reformist government was arrested and Petrovic declares a state of Martial Law throughout the Republic. What many expected would then happen would be that Constantine would name himself Emperor, but months nothing had come about.

What did happen was General Constantine quickly became the De Facto Dictator of the Hellenic Republic. He arrested and tried many leading revolutionary figures. An indefinite hold was placed on the dissolution of Church lands while the Senate was slowly replaced with Petrovic Regime Loyalists.

On a Legal frontier Petrovic threw out the book that had been written by the various revolutionary governments before him, cherry picking good ideas from the old Monarchist Regime, Foreign Legal codes and his predecessors.

A New, Second Greek Constitution was drafted and passed reforming the government to be more stable and better react to dissension within its ranks while ensuring the right to assembly, free speech and political discourse in the country. A Degree of Autonomy was legally restored to the Provinces and The Hellenic Republic's gains in Egypt were consolidated into the Alexandrian Republic, a nominally independent republic dependent on Athens for military and economic support. The series of Reforms ultimately would be named the Petrovic Reforms, and serve as a basis for further greek government going decades into the future even if it was simply an amalgamation of several other systems given proper organization and rules to work alongside each other rather than in a chaotic mass.

When all was said in done the Great Terror had ended and Petrovic had in effect become the Self Made Hero of the Republic. He allowed the Elections and appointment of two more Consuls. Mere Puppets in reality but a gesture towards rebuilding the fragile Hellenic Republic.

A far more important move perhaps was Petrovic's offer of an Alliance with Emperor Bernat-Aton. Vast Territorial concessions were promised from Bohemia and Italy. Though the True cause of such an offer was the growing might and interference of Persia in Khitan Operations in East Asia.

Gilray_plumb_pudding.jpg

With Success in America becoming illusive news at best and the prospect of fighting a massive war in Europe without allies in such a state becoming a real possibility Emperor Bernat was advised to accept the Offer. The Monarchies of Bohemia and Italy were furious as well as large segments of the Khitan Nobility who felt such an alliance was not only a betrayal but allowed for a dangerous connection with a diseased country to threaten their own positions.

H0cWudU.png

Of course things did not work out as planned. The Greeks, affirmed with an ally on the Continent were emboldened in making demands for the return of the Illyrian Territories from Bohemia. When the Bohemian Empire Refused Consul Constantine Petrovic declared a formal of war with the Bohemian Empire and all of her allies and ordered a march into Avaria and the Contested Croatian territories.

RqA3mVP.png

The Continental Wars were on​

Last edited:
As with Annionas of Austria the Napoleonic Wars will continue into the interim period between Eu4 and Victoria to help explain away the map differences. Were almost at the end! 2-3 more Updates most likely and Eu4 will be done and dusted.

Bharat crumbles, and Greece and Scandinavia become the first revolutionaries. A war in North America's about to begin. What will the future bring?

Revolutions incoming! A great and bloody set of risings, creating much work for future historians.

What a fascinating update. The entire power balance has been shake up so much, and it's all thanks to Greece lighting the match.

Everything is Fine!, There is nothing wrong I'm sure this will all blow over soon! :D

Well, I decided Greece might have been nice enough to do business with. At least in the sort of "Well they're not my problem, yet" Sense.

Agreed, as of wait now Greece is a distant but significant threat to the European monarchies right now, being contained by great powers like Persia, Italy and Bohemia surronding it. Through I do expect that to change since I kind of expect Italy to be the next target for revolution due to its connections to the ancient Roman Republic, which would change the power dynamics between the Revolutionaries and the monarchies drastically.

I like how the rise of the Hellenic Republic occurred due to riots in the Bosporus, probably in Constantinople, almost like another Nika Riots.;) I also guess that the Revolution did indeed occur because of some damned fool thing in the Balkans here.:p

Rome, belonging to anything beyond a Monarchy, Preposterous. :p

That American (or Camelot since that term hasn't been used in a while even through that was one of the names used for the Americas in the early part of this AAR) Revolution might be interesting, but I'm more interested by the Hellenic Republic now, since I honestly didn't expect Greece and Nikea to unify into a Neo Byzantine Empire of sorts. All the Greeks need is a Napoleon-esque leader and they will be very formidable indeed.

You can interchange America and Camelot if you want, While I was willing to change the localization for everything to Camelot, Its probably for the best that when new people come in and see the AAR in progress they dont get confused when I mention certain places and can sort of figure it out. Cathay being in France is already confusing enough to some people I imagine :p

What is the capital of the Hellenic Republic by the way? It's probablyo_O either Athens or Constantinople and while Constantinople is a very prestigious and rich city, it's called the City of Men's desire for a reason, Athens would be a very important city to the Revolution owing to its past as a powerful democracy in the classical era, so its probably the capital.

Athens. There will be several sieges of Athens in this campaign, The Cradle of Democracy will see quite a bit of history yet.

Revolutionary Greece is actually prefect in addition to drawing a lot from Ancient Greece is also at odds with Persia, which I find very appropriate given Greece's rivalry in Ancient times from the Persian wars, Alexander the Great and even to the late Roman/ Early Byzantine era. I imagine that because of this, revolutionary propaganda will portray Persia as the ultimate enemy to the Greek Revolution (as Cathay is a distant power and the Greeks don't have as much of a tense history with Bohemia as they do Persia) and Persia will have the fiercest resistance to the Greeks in a war of attrition. Essentially I picture Persia to be the Russia to Revolutionary Greece's Napoleonic France and Nazi Germany. Plus, I kind of want Persia to win against the Greeks for once tbh.:oops:.

Don't expect Persia to be able to stand up to Greece solo in Eu4, The Modifiers sort of ensure Greece is playing with a stacked deck. However, The Greco-Persian rivalry will last well into the campaign and it won't be completly one sided.

Nope, I did not have an inlore explanation, honestly I didnt even notice they were Shia ingame until I looked at the screenshots in Post!. Something something Radical fundamentalism throwing off the chains of Zunist oppression maybe. Or Perhaps i'll go with post Islamic destruction Shia is a radical version of Zunism with most of the syncretism having been discarded in favor of a far more pure faith. Which considering its in Persia may mean it looks far more like some sort of Zoroastrian-Actual Zunism-Manchianism mix instead of the sorta Pseudo-Buddhist-Christianity-Islam the rest of the world follows.

Oh dear... rebels in the new world while the homeland becomes its own war. Not the best situation, to say the least.

A nice large trans-continental war