HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Let's see, there's an eagle in the Image and it says "war on pacifism".

It's a Mexico focus tree. The Icon is for a Wargoal on the US.

Which is weird, because I would have thought Mexican wargoals on the US would be revanchist.

Yeah I've got nothing on this one really, Dan posted it much earlier than usual too.

That is a dove, not an eagle.

I'm not an ornithologist.

hey wait a minute.jpg

1481239204954.gif

I'd say its the Netherlands, The Hague city of peace etc.
But I have to say looks more like a Falcon than a dove. Maybe we should buy and sent a book about birds to the PDX offices.

Birds most commonly associated with Peace: Falcons
To quote Homer Simpsons in regard to the question of how we get peas (peace) "With the knive"

If it's a dove, then... doves are a form of pigeon, and pigeons were used in a weird guided missile prototype, so the signs are obvious.

Lichtenstein will be a playable nation.

To my understanding the Netherlands had a fair bit of pacifism in the 1920s and 30s. They even called their destroyer ships with a different term because they thought the term "destroyer" was too violent. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's from the Dutch tree.

If it is the Dutch, I wonder if they've just used @idmw's GFX. :D

It looks like a griffin or something. If it's supposed to be a dove it looks weird, and I'd make a dove white anyway. Hmm.

All this confusion of Dove vs. Eagle just makes me think of:
It was a dove displayed upon a billet, checky or and gules
Between a pair of cockatrices, clad in motley, like a fool's...

But that's more CKII stuff :p

I love how people are taking a hint that a new minor tree will be showcased as confirmation of a tree for literally every available minor.
I love even more that I'll finally have a rest from speculation about which minors are going to get new trees.