• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want to hide displayed icons (i.e only display games I use). I know that under Owned Items I can list them after syncing with steam. But there is no option to show/hide - as indicated in the first post of this thread. Why?
Hi @simsulla - the interface has changed.

On the Owned Items page, you can drag and drop the icons at the top of the screen. Once you are showing only the ones you want to show, you can click Save!

Then you'll just be showing the ones you want to.

The icon display part in the opening post is now outdated. As you already explained the new functionality above, I guess that text could be copied over instead.

Maybe you want to add the new thread mark thingy to the op.

They should already be there as they are not limited to certain forums (there isn't such an option :p). Remember though only the thread author can add threadmarks.

Maybe you want to add the new thread mark thingy to the op.
That is a fantastic idea (along with the couple previous I haven't done yet).

I need to get off my butt and do this - should be easier in the next week or two when that pesky job gets out of the way.

Hope I'm not necro-ing. What's a 'threadmark'? How does it appear and how can it be removed?

Hope I'm not necro-ing. What's a 'threadmark'? How does it appear and how can it be removed?
Threadmarks allow users to jump right to a post that the author has flagged as particularly important. For example, in AARland, the author of an AAR might threadmark updates so users can jump right to them.

I believe deleting them is up to the author or to the moderators, but if a post you made is a threadmark, you can click threadmark again and there's an option to remove it. I'm not really 100% sure because as a moderator have a different set of powers that normal users may or may not have.

Threadmarks allow users to jump right to a post that the author has flagged as particularly important. For example, in AARland, the author of an AAR might threadmark updates so users can jump right to them.

I believe deleting them is up to the author or to the moderators, but if a post you made is a threadmark, you can click threadmark again and there's an option to remove it. I'm not really 100% sure because as a moderator have a different set of powers that normal users may or may not have.
You can delete them again from the threadmarked post, yes.
Also note that it'll list them in the order you marked them, so it's important to do it continuously unless you want your list of marks not in order.

After the change of forum software the ability to use colour to mark changes within code brackets was gone, while at the same time using colour outside code continues to work .

Has there been any change to that so that it would be possible to use colour again within code?
That had always been my favourite way to display events in e.g. EU2 or FtG and the suggested changes for adding or removing parts of events for modding.

Code:
[color=yellow]not work[/color]

When I insert an img using the [ img ] and [ / img ] tags, then how do I set the size that image should be displayed at?

How do I change my name (the one that appears on my post). Somehow the name got assigned to me when I signed up for posting in forums. Thanks for your help.
Create a Paradox account with same email... accept to merge accounts when prompted... and you'll get back your previous username.

How do I change my name (the one that appears on my post). Somehow the name got assigned to me when I signed up for posting in forums. Thanks for your help.
Create a Paradox account with same email... accept to merge accounts when prompted... and you'll get back your previous username.
Actually just log out of here and back in again, and the merge should complete.

I'm trying to download hearts of iron 4. but I don't know how. and if you guys don't give us an answer, I will tell everyone I know that you guys scammed me out of 30 dollars
We do not take your money but fail to give you access to what you bought.

You must have, or create, a Steam account and install the Steam Client application from their website.

http://store.steampowered.com/about/
"Install Steam Now"

Just paste your Steam Activation code (which we sent to your email, and is in your Paradox Games menu) into the +Add a Game area of the Steam client application, and the game will be available in your Steam Library in that Client to download and install.

You can also do this directly on the Steam website
https://store.steampowered.com/account/registerkey

Posts updated to reflect
  • "New" Owned Items system
  • Threadmarks
  • Removal of watermarks from Posting Modes
  • Updates to Registering games