• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HottestRod

Associate Product Marketing Manager
May 14, 2018
Good day all!

Small patch related to the unit AI being stuck and never raiding other realms :)

Bear in mind that this is a beta patch: "We managed to bypass some of our routines for testing the releases and has thus managed to release a fix for the AI raiding issue as a beta patch for you. You can access it by going to the beta branch controls via the steam application. The steam client might require a restart to be able to find the beta branch."

#########################################
############### 2.8.3.4 #################

###################
# Bug Fixes
###################
- Fixed an issue where the unit AI could get stuck and never raid other realms

Good day everyone!

A small update related to the converter! You will not be able to use the converter until the Mughals Update 1.26 for EUIV kicks in (September 6, 2018 at 6pm CEST)!

Have an awesome day and catch you around!

############### 2.8.3.3 #################

###################
# EU4 Converter
###################
- Updated the converter DLC to convert savegames to EU4 version 1.26 (Mughals)

If you discover any bugs or problems, please report these in the bug report forum - not in this thread! Thank you!

Last edited:
There is already a Jain estate in the base game.

That's my point: the Jain Estate should not be there if Jainism is a competitive or dominant religion in India, as they are no more an influential minority.

That's my point: the Jain Estate should not be there if Jainism is a competitive or dominant religion in India, as they are no more an influential minority.

They are a relevant minority in a budhist or hindu realm.
I don´t think there is a jain estate if you have a jain realm.

Does the converter still give a bunch of nations the "default" national ideas, instead of what the nation tag should have?

Like in the CK2 game I just converted, in all of europe, basically only the Aztecs (who have british isles) and the Byzantine empire (who have the carolingian ideas) have the "correct" ideas

Does the converter still give a bunch of nations the "default" national ideas, instead of what the nation tag should have?

Like in the CK2 game I just converted, in all of europe, basically only the Aztecs (who have british isles) and the Byzantine empire (who have the carolingian ideas) have the "correct" ideas
From what I understand the converter uses the scripting they made for the random world EU4 game mode to dynamically create ideas for every country base on their region. Things like boat bonuses if they're coastal, things to help deal with religious turmoil if they have a lot of wrong religion land, etc

But I remember reading that ages ago. I rarely play EU4. Harder to get my friends to play it with me

I was wondering what that download was It would've been nicer if this had been announced at the time of the update

They have default ideas only on ledger, once you click to start the game, they will get randomized idea set assigned. No country end's up with default ideas in-game.

It's intended - we generate dynamic ideas for most converted nations. It will display as 'national ideas' until you start though.

is there a way to patch back to 2.8.3.2? I would like to start a mod for CKII and 2.8.3.3 is not supporting the mod. Thanks for your help!

Most unlikely that the mod isn't supported by 2.8.3.3, as it were only converter files irrelevant to game play,
unless the modder was so intelligent to limit use of the mod automatically at any patch change, but i know no
mod that does that.

What happens if i convert a pretender chinese empire from ck2 into EU IV did i have any chances to use some mandate of heaven mechanics and how will Ming China or some other China react to my prertender chinese empire? - It was a long time i have converted a game, started a JD campaign until HF told me there will be great stuff i need in the game, so i took a break from Ck2

Is literally every single islamic country supposed to convert with the Ottoman government type? It's a little annoying as they can never change out of it.

Otherwise this is patch is really amazing so far. Aside from the whole "not allowed to form any countries" thing. Not sure why that's the case by default.

Last edited: