• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Malta would be good because without a navy to contest control of the sea before the landing, they would unlikely be able to overcome our fleet (unless they have just absolute swarms of destroyers remaining...)

Sicily would also be good because we could likely rapidly acquire territory and every so often move the fleet away to "permit" a crossing before shutting it down and forcing them to lose troops but also hold troops there.

Reactions:
Malta would be good because without a navy to contest control of the sea before the landing, they would unlikely be able to overcome our fleet (unless they have just absolute swarms of destroyers remaining...)

Sicily would also be good because we could likely rapidly acquire territory and every so often move the fleet away to "permit" a crossing before shutting it down and forcing them to lose troops but also hold troops there.

How utterly hilarious that Italy, without having lost any battles or campaigns whatsoever, has been already reduced to 'that joke guy' like in every other AAR to the point where a secondary power like Turkey is seriously contemplating attacking its homelands as a distraction.

Hmm...you know, I think this could work. Plus, I like the idea of us having 'British' land to trade back to them in exchange for 'our' new Middle Eastern and African empire after the war. Especially if we go after Italy, the guys interested in it...

Okay, we should look into scouting Malta and Sicily to see whether the Brits are nearby and looking to take it, or if we have a clear shot. I favour Sicily as a target, but taking Malta first would make it much less risky a proposition and hopefully move more troops away out of paranoia of a proper sea invasion from the British or Turkish. Hell, landing in Sicily might well encourage a British invasion somewhere else on the Peninsula itself, given how Churchill really likes the idea and has their whole army pinned down in Africa (easy way to win that campaign too!).

I'm warming to this. Please, someone shoot it down now if it's impracticable or impossible.

• 1Like
Reactions:
My problem with Malta is it seems easy to take but hard to keep. But it would help a LOT if it can be kept and Naval Bombers placed on it. :D

Reactions:
My problem with Malta is it seems easy to take but hard to keep. But it would help a LOT if it can be kept and Naval Bombers placed on it. :D

We do WANT them to take it back. So long as it's with stuff from the balkans. In fact, if it's easy enough to take back thst the AI will automatically try it, we might not even have to leave anyone there to die for our defences, or coversly defend the crap out of it and bleed them dry there as well (esepcially if the brits decide to then take it back too!).

Getting in, trashing their airforce there and getting out would be fine too. Don't want any more planes to deal with than we already have right?

Italy in general is uniquely weak for this sort of attack because it's actually in an awful situation itself. Most of its armed forces is stuck on another contient and can't get back, and the rest is being smushed against a rather solid turkish defence line. Attacking their islands or the peninsula might be the last straw that gets them to totally freak out.

Reactions:
In short, is there something that our limited fleet and reserve forces can do that will either freak out the Axis AI into moving units around again (time is precious here) or provoking the British into doing something the Axis really won't like?
I say land on Otranto with the Cav div and see where it goes from there

Malta and Sicily are good targets as well but not much to do there. Take Malta and leave a Gar there? We would need to do something else after that. Otranto is closest to us (so I'm assuming easier to supply with convoys?) And being on the mainland it would freak the AI the most I guess. We'll just land there with our horses from the steppes, and give a move order to Rome with wind in our hair. VUR HA!

If there's a thing like capturing supplies, oh boy that would be awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions:

Malta and Sicily are good targets as well but not much to do there. Take Malta and leave a Gar there? We would need to do something else after that. Otranto is closest to us (so I'm assuming easier to supply with convoys?) And being on the mainland it would freak the AI the most I guess. We'll just land there with our horses from the steppes, and give a move order to Rome with wind in our hair. VUR HA!

Well now we have a penniusla target and some islands too. The venefit of the former being it would most certianly serve the purpose above. The islands would be good because malta is a target that we might be able to keep/trade with the brits for something else, and sicily would be an encouragment for the allies to invade too.

Any other ideas or potential targets? I think this really is the best option in general right now but the question of where and when is important too.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So, perhaps three options then:

1) Island Hopping: Malta -> Sicily/Sardinia... I'd imagine Sicily would be better, defending at Messina, and which would provide bases for...
2) The Toe Campaign: jump on mainland Italy at the toe... from Messina?
3) The Heel Campaign: jump on mainland Italy at the heel... take Taranto for the base (problem in that it's now multiple provinces to defend, versus one for the others).

Reactions:

1) Island Hopping: Malta -> Sicily/Sardinia... I'd imagine Sicily would be better, defending at Messina, and which would provide bases for...
3) The Heel Campaign: jump on mainland Italy at the heel... take Taranto for the base (problem in that it's now multiple provinces to defend, versus one for the others).

That's not really three options but a full campaign plan...not that it isn't a good one.

What I would like would be a scouting of Malta and the Sicilian/toe coast.
Then of those three targets we attack the weakest, with preference towards one of the islands first.
Then depending upon sucesses or eneny respince, a spirited defence followed by withdrawl or csrrying on to one of the other targets until italy bites.
Then either we defend for a bit and withdraw if we can if they send loads at us or hold out for longer if they send piecemeal (maybe the brits show up elsewhere if this happens).

Operation sucess would be net gain on time for balkan defence, reduction in axis troops there or a delay of their assault. Potential benefits: a shaky/firm hold on some west Med islands valuable to all parties, italy in a mess, britian doing something directly against the axis in europe.
Potebtial negatives: might lose naval units if the italians do have plabes or ships nearby. Might lose all units dedicated to this operation. Might have no effect at expense of reserves and morale.

For this reason, SITH demands the goverment both consider this whole affair TOP SECRET CABINET ONLY for now and also for said body to seriously consider this or varations elsewise discussed.

Like it or not, Germany is russia's problem. Italy is ours.

Reactions:
Chapter 128a: Supplementary Information and Discussion (10 May 1941)
Chapter 128a: Supplementary Information and Discussion (10 May 1941)

OK, there's been a lot of excellent follow-on discussion - so much I'll include it in a supplement, with some additional info to throw light on current British dispositions (we've asked them for an overview and they have been kind enough to supply one, in return for us giving them a comprehensive report on the Patriotic and Far East fronts). And then discuss in the broad as an 'out of session' musing. Thanks so much for the hearty involvement!

First, the supplementary info.

Malta

ic06Bd.jpg

Malta is still firmly in British hands and full of air units (it looks like they have just relocated their naval bombers back there from Cagliari, from where we believe they launched their devastating raid in late April that destroyed three Italian battleships). So no need to invade it!
No change on the ground in Sardinia - and we'll get a closer look there soon, after Cennet arrives.

In Libya, the Italians finally advanced in the last three day period (Bengasi didn't fall and isn't currently under attack, so further reporting there was being held over to the next set of summaries.

QQSyu5.jpg

Of note, the British have decided that the defence of Libya only requires one of their divisions and an Iraqi one sitting back. Plus an oversupply of HQs in true AI style. You will see a bit of a theme here as we move through the theatres ...

The British have still got way too many units (and superfluous HQs, of course - must be nice to have so many generals to burn off like that) in East Africa. And they can't seem to get rid of that one last Ethiopian HQ to enforce the reconquest triggered by Vichy France liberating them from the previous French one.

24tVK8.jpg

The British have units strewn from Dar es Salam and all the way up through Ethiopia, some moving north by SR to Port Sudan. Once you sort through the dross of the eight HQs they have commanding four line divisions there, they clearly think this sector four times more important than defeating the Italians in Libya! :rolleyes:

In Port Sudan, the British have a strong fleet with CVs and LCs ready to transport whatever units may eventually make it there. And ensuring the Red Sea in kept free of Axis shipping! :rolleyes: Now, it might have been more effective to send them to Mombasa or Dar es Salam and pick up excess troops from there to send to Libya, but I have no influence at all over British war strategy.

cuMDce.jpg

And, in any case, Churchill might well only send these troops to Iraq anyway, to counter the Turkish threat. :eek:

SG9Io7.jpg

Again, clearly a more immediate threat than the Axis in Libya. The relationship price of having conquered Iran and Saudi Arabia?

And South East Asia? Burma is soundly defended by one inf div and four HQs (as you'd expect) and Malaya-Singapore is equally well defended by another single inf div and four more HQs. It's worse than the Italian Navy and admirals!

ccWUr0.jpg

Which brings us to the Home Front. With Norway under no threat from the Germans (who were never able/wanted to invade) ...

DOgoST.jpg

That leaves the garrison of Britain itself, boldly lying in wait while Libya is abandoned, South East Asia left undefended, etc. This is the orbat there - 28 line divisions of various types. For ease of presentation, I omitted the further 20 HQs there to command them. :p

BN7TCy.jpg

So there you have the lay-down for our primary Western co-belligerent. In short: Malta safe, UK picking off Italian-held islands (Rhodes, Sardinia) one by one; UK v Italy in a fish-slapping dance in Libya where both sides seem to be using one sardine each; other theatres either over- or under-gunned.

---xxx---

So, I'll deal quickly with the latest comments now in light of that:

Good to know the situation now. I was starting to see Diken under every stone :D

You're welcome, and if any propaganda source needs it, "Remember Timisoara!" is "Temeşvar'ı Hatırla!"

Oh that would be such a big loss, we already lack a lot of leadership points. I hope we don't lose more ground. Speaking of tech, in HoI2 there was this thing called blueprints which you can buy (most of the time for free from one's allies and in exchange for some resources etc from 3d parties) that was making the research of that tech 50% easier. I take that is not a thing in the game? Do we get to influence what our puppet is researching? If Romania stays alive maybe we can instruct them to go in a direction that we didn't and ask for blueprints/license builds?

Of course all this assumes we will keep our ground against that fascist scum.

I don't want to affect how the AAR is presented because I really like how it is, just wanted to say I liked the back and forth to the secret war in the middle of the actual war.

I'm anxiously waiting :D

This will become a quote in history like Atatürk's famous one.

As they came, so will they go! (Turkish: Geldikleri gibi giderler!)
  • (13th November 1918 - Bosphorus - When he sees that The Allied Fleet in Bosphorus)
Thanks for the quotes and 'flavour' stuff. :) The format will continue to evolve but not radically. The theme is "change and continuity" and each chapter tailored to the content. ;) And (more below) we've been here before - fearing things might be about to fold, but managing to hold on. I haven't given up hope of holding yet.
Given that--IIRC--the Regina Marina is at the bottom of the Med (or at least the majority of its major fleet units are, sufficient that our lone battlecruiser could stop enemy forces), one of the two points of the Yenciri line wouldn't even need to be held, because we would hold the maritime areas between them, allowing us time to build strength and pull an Inchon-style landing in their rear!
Naval landings eventually, yes. But broader circumstances would need to suit it. More below.
Not to jump off-topic, but this is one of the (many) aspects HPP got right, by making all LP tied to laws and modifiers rather than provinces. In real life, if you have top scientists at a lab in Munich, and the Brits start advancing in that direction, you don't let them go down with the ship - you load 'em on a train and ship 'em off to Dresden or somewhere else with as many top-secret research files as they can carry! But, alas, we must play the game we have begun, here.

I shall frame it over my desk in the war correspondent's room at whatever journalistic institution it is I work for, anyway! :D

I'd say either Japan or Italy are my favorites to play, and I highly recommend both (along with China, of course, but you've done that already). Plenty to do on both land and sea, lots of options for early wars or different directions of conquest, but at the same time you're not the overwhelming force of nature that is Germany or the USSR, you still have to work for your rewards. I actually find Germany the most boring nation to play as, personally.
Interesting - I will have to get to HPP at some point, I like its premise and the AARs I've seen of it so far. But all in good time. Will have to give Japan and Italy a go at some point too - agree about Germany. I have an idea for playing it, but with some heavily imposed handicaps and with heavy AI input. Just not enough time to do everything one wants to ... ;)

As for the degree: here you go, a grateful nation salutes you! :D:cool:

qt48Rr.jpg

Vur ha!
Well at least someone in the British government is thinking about what will happen after the war. It's pretty clear at this point that either the Turks take over everything or a bunch of really messy colony lines take control of random parts of a soon to be very valuable desert and trade region. So on the whole, getting the favour of the Union is probably a good idea, especially if they want to keep that Persian oil company and the rights to the Suez Canal (cos I bet the French will sell as soon as they have a table back to sign on).

True. If C is still running French intelligence, he'll win the day a lot but absolutely no one will be capable of working with him or his agents so if the Brits want anything done they have to either do it themselves or talk to us (or their meat shields but they must be scrapping the barre; by now).

This is all true. In that respect, we did all actually want this situation to come about and have the Axis focus on our huge and well thought out defensive line (basically the entire Balkans) rather than going after valuable Russian lands. However, here will be a steep price paid. Not only will the Union morale fall low having lost a third of the country but the people in those bits will not be happy. After all, the Nazis have given a pretty good indication of exactly what they're going to do to the Slavs when they get their hands on them. Unless you want an entirely depopulated region after the war and mass immigration and refugees coming over the Turkish heartlands, we need to defend this region really, really well. A generation hangs in the balance.

Also, can we have some projections for what the planned for 'last stand' line of defences will leave us in terms of manpower, population, tech, production etc? I know we'll still have all of turkey and Persia (big plus, glad we went for that) as well as Arabia but what are we going to lose in exchange for easier defence?

Hmm...it seems to me that what we are all hoping for, as Bulfliter confirmed above, is the Y line to hold and stand strong for as long as possible and for the Germans to slow down but not halt their assault on Romania. So...could we do something navally to distract or freak out the Italians and Germans like the wolf-pack thing did (yes, recognise the irony of me suggesting this but since we committed to it...)?

Maybe we could find a way to help out the British in Sardinia and Corsica so they might either land more troops in Africa or (and I really hope they're mad enough to try this) smash into the Italian homeland itself? That would do the trick! If nothing else, securing the islands means the Brits AI has to reset and think about doing something else, and pretty much doing anything else would be good for us. Doomed landing in Norway, doomed landing in Amsterdam (seen that a few times), doomed landing in France...

In short, is there something that our limited fleet and reserve forces can do that will either freak out the Axis AI into moving units around again (time is precious here) or provoking the British into doing something the Axis really won't like?
1. Yes, there must be some cooperation for selfish benefit in the interim! Though we would remind Britain there's a small matter of a war to win against the Axis first!

2. Yes, this diversion is what was aimed for. Though it could fall a little hard on our Balkan possessions in the meantime. Will look at reproducing the effects of the loss of Balkan assets subsequently - there was actually a detailed analysis of all those back when the Cabinet meeting was held in 1940 on whether to intervene to try to save France and drag the Soviets into the war and whether to defend forward or back. Will dig it up (or at least the reference) when I have the chance.

3. My deduction from current British dispositions and past performance is they are likely to squander any benefit we try to give them in the Med. We're better off using our forces for our own needs. There may be something else we could do, but for now every resource we have is needed to try to hold things together in the Balkans. To do anything of real diversionary power we'd probably need to divert the best part of a Corps. Without a bunch of Soviet EFs, I don't have them spare at the moment. And my guess is that the diversion would not be repaid by a significant dilution of Axis strength at the front. At least against my forces. And the risk of my troops getting stranded (or even sunk by enemy NAV as they try to land with their antiquated equipment and amphibious doctrine) would not be value for money.

4. But, as I will discuss below (and have hinted at before) if we do have to collapse to the fortified lines, its a very narrow frontage to defend. That might actually free up forces then for the kind of adventures being discussed here. More to try to help the Soviets if they're that hard pressed. Either that, of prepared for a scorpion strike from one of the two bridgeheads (Athens or Istanbul) I'm hoping to hold. If we can hold further forward on a reserve line somewhere, then even better: it means we will have diverted many enemy divisions and brought their offensive to a stop.
Knock off Malta? Perhaps Sicily? With limited forces, it's unfortunate, but we'd have to go to them to do anything terribly disconcerting. I like the Malta route (pretty sure that Italy already took it) because we can then base planes out of there and start hammering their convoys (something that the British might not be doing), which might make life on the Brits easier in Libya.
Malta not required, per above. Sicily? A tempting target and quite easy to hold once taken. But beyond my current capacities. Maybe the British will have a go - even more likely if the US enters the war by years end.
I should qualify, doing ANYTHING that would move anyone away from the Axis attack on Romania or the Balkans would be great right now, even if it's temporary. Moving some Italian fighters away to defend their bases in the Med, great! Moving some of their troops away to defend something elsewhere, great!

All we need to do is make sure that the reserves we take to do the job are made up for by the losses on the other side, right? So if Malta can get taken or seriously threatened by what we have, great! Especially because I assume the Brits are either going there or Sicily next anyway, based off of their apathy towards Africa and their total domination of the seas. Basically, we're trying to recreate the wolfpack idea again: wreak havoc with the AI to the point that they rearrange a significant portion of their battle plan/units to go somewhere else. If we can get them to lean off our defence to give us time to rebuild and then get them to attack us again (wasting even more of their time and resources, and buying time for Russia) that would be excellent.

In-universe, the Axis have probably decided (correctly) that whilst Russia is the big target, Romania is a far easier one and Turkey is waaaay too dangerous and aggressive to just leave till later. If the Italians weren't stuck in Africa, they'd probably get stuck with the job of fighting us with some German help. As it stands, it's rather the other way around. So we should aim to either get rid of their support (the Italians, which makes their own assault more wasteful for them personally) or get everyone to go slower and give us time to rebuild defences.

Essentially, whilst I still think this has the potential to go really badly for us, that's only if we let them keep smashing us as they are doing now. We need to come up with some operation to leave the Axis in a quagmire to save our bacon. But anything would help really. Something to get rid of the planes or the troops.
1. Alas, its Hungarian fighters (that group of five) that are hurting me at the moment. There are a couple of Italian TAC wings that intervene regularly, but they are a bearable irritation. And I'm afraid any Italian troops taken away will be replaced with German ones. Which may help the Soviets, but I think we've done enough of that for a while! They are the ones with the big battalions. I need them to start diverting the enemy back their way again. I actually need the Germans to place their head in the Russian Bear trap first before they can be properly destroyed (a couple of years work, one suspects).

2. So, if they're going to concentrate for now on the Balkans, I can't afford to divert my troops away (who are stretched thin as it is, which will become worse if I have to keep extending right to cover Romania's retreat/failure). I must now rely on the unreliable British to do something more themselves (and have no influence there, not even setting allied objectives they would no doubt ignore anyway). My hope is the Germans have to readjust again for the Soviets, and in so doing discover they don't quite have enough to kill one of us without letting the other hit them back. 'White knuckle time' for a while yet.

3. I wish I could pull another diversionary trick now, but just don't have the heft to do it. Will see what the future holds: just keeping a large presence in the Balkans for as long as possible should be enough - I hope. The Russian Winter and an American entry are the major hoped-for turning points now. Long months off still, but we will try to get there in one piece. Defence is now my mantra again.

Maybe, but as discussed above: risk vs benefit not yet there for me, I reckon.
How utterly hilarious that Italy, without having lost any battles or campaigns whatsoever, has been already reduced to 'that joke guy' like in every other AAR to the point where a secondary power like Turkey is seriously contemplating attacking its homelands as a distraction.

Hmm...you know, I think this could work. Plus, I like the idea of us having 'British' land to trade back to them in exchange for 'our' new Middle Eastern and African empire after the war. Especially if we go after Italy, the guys interested in it...

Okay, we should look into scouting Malta and Sicily to see whether the Brits are nearby and looking to take it, or if we have a clear shot. I favour Sicily as a target, but taking Malta first would make it much less risky a proposition and hopefully move more troops away out of paranoia of a proper sea invasion from the British or Turkish. Hell, landing in Sicily might well encourage a British invasion somewhere else on the Peninsula itself, given how Churchill really likes the idea and has their whole army pinned down in Africa (easy way to win that campaign too!).

I'm warming to this. Please, someone shoot it down now if it's impracticable or impossible.
Also as above: scouting done, consideration made, back burner lit. ;)
Again, the UK have been doing a pretty good job so far. ;)
We do WANT them to take it back. So long as it's with stuff from the balkans. In fact, if it's easy enough to take back thst the AI will automatically try it, we might not even have to leave anyone there to die for our defences, or coversly defend the crap out of it and bleed them dry there as well (esepcially if the brits decide to then take it back too!).

Getting in, trashing their airforce there and getting out would be fine too. Don't want any more planes to deal with than we already have right?

Italy in general is uniquely weak for this sort of attack because it's actually in an awful situation itself. Most of its armed forces is stuck on another contient and can't get back, and the rest is being smushed against a rather solid turkish defence line. Attacking their islands or the peninsula might be the last straw that gets them to totally freak out.
Will see what the Allies can do there. Having done the campaign as a powerful France - where the Sicily landing was a diversion for a massive land attack across northern Italy ... that was a tough campaign and needed way more resources to sustain in 1943-44 than I have now, with the Italians already in a far worse position. I'd be more inclined for modest outflanking landings on the Adriatic coast of Yugoslavia (or occupied Romania on the Black Sea, if it comes to that) when the time comes for the counter-offensive.

Will bear that in mind for the future. But, per above, my previous experience is the Axis can react pretty powerfully to even a large invasion, let alone a small RAW-style Turkish operation. I don't think what worked in Saudi Arabia will work here. :(
Well now we have a penniusla target and some islands too. The venefit of the former being it would most certianly serve the purpose above. The islands would be good because malta is a target that we might be able to keep/trade with the brits for something else, and sicily would be an encouragment for the allies to invade too.

Any other ideas or potential targets? I think this really is the best option in general right now but the question of where and when is important too.
Happy to consider future options should circumstances change, but for now will be 'sticking to the knitting' in the Balkans.

1. Malta n/a, will leave Sardinia to the UK, Sicily perhaps later, but more likely leave that for a US-bolstered Allies.
2. Risky - I'd get smashed and risk losing my stake without materially affecting the Balkan campaign.
3. Same as for 2.

I'd be definitely contemplating these if I was Churchill, but alas ... all good ideas, just not practical/cost-effective for Turkey at the moment. :)
That's not really three options but a full campaign plan...not that it isn't a good one.

What I would like would be a scouting of Malta and the Sicilian/toe coast.
Then of those three targets we attack the weakest, with preference towards one of the islands first.
Then depending upon sucesses or eneny respince, a spirited defence followed by withdrawl or csrrying on to one of the other targets until italy bites.
Then either we defend for a bit and withdraw if we can if they send loads at us or hold out for longer if they send piecemeal (maybe the brits show up elsewhere if this happens).

Operation sucess would be net gain on time for balkan defence, reduction in axis troops there or a delay of their assault. Potential benefits: a shaky/firm hold on some west Med islands valuable to all parties, italy in a mess, britian doing something directly against the axis in europe.
Potebtial negatives: might lose naval units if the italians do have plabes or ships nearby. Might lose all units dedicated to this operation. Might have no effect at expense of reserves and morale.

For this reason, SITH demands the goverment both consider this whole affair TOP SECRET CABINET ONLY for now and also for said body to seriously consider this or varations elsewise discussed.

Like it or not, Germany is russia's problem. Italy is ours.
All good analysis. I'd argue though that Italy is more Britain's problem than ours. They have been the least of our opponents in the Balkans (Hungary and, of course, Germany have been far more bothersome). Once the Soviets start to roll back the Germans, we'll see what is worth picking off the Italian carcass. And if it comes to Operation Unthinkable after the Axis is gone, then so be it!

---xxx---

Once again, thanks everyone so much for the excellent discussion. Some of these ideas may well have their day again when circumstances change. For now, I'll use everything I can to keep the Balkans or make the Axis pay a heavy price for them.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Malta didn't fall... hmmm, I seem to have confused my AARs!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
OK, there's been a lot of excellent follow-on discussion - so much I'll include it in a supplement,

All from the intelligence agencies of the Comintern too...are we going to have an insurrection before long?

Malta is still firmly in British hands and full of air units (it looks like they have just relocated their naval bombers back there from Cagliari, from where we believe they launched their devastating raid in late April that destroyed three Italian battleships). So no need to invade it!
No change on the ground in Sardinia - and we'll get a closer look there soon, after Cennet arrives.
The British have units strewn from Dar es Salam and all the way up through Ethiopia, some moving north by SR to Port Sudan. Once you sort through the dross of the eight HQs they have commanding four line divisions there, they clearly think this sector four times more important than defeating the Italians in Libya! :rolleyes:
Again, clearly a more immediate threat than the Axis in Libya. The relationship price of having conquered Iran and Saudi Arabia?
3. My deduction from current British dispositions and past performance is they are likely to squander any benefit we try to give them in the Med. We're better off using our forces for our own needs.

Back to square one then, however we now have a plan for what to do when/if we get stuck in greece and turkey aside from just sit there and pray!
Good that malta is not taken. Looking at it all, italy seems to be much more battered than previously assumed. And the british much stronger. They have the valuable lands of east africa locked down and only have the relativly empty desert of the north to fight over now.

Worrying that they see us as a threat though. We need to get into their good books again!

As for Hungary, I confess and I suppose everyone else did too, that we thought they were a spent force held up by the Germans at this point. It seems not. Bugger, because theres nothing we can really do to hurt them other than what we've already done (made taking the balkans ungodly difficult and made them beg Germany for help immediatly). So...i guess for now we really are stuck where we are. That really isn't good news at all. Aside from limited aid for romania, turkey won't be able to do much for the rest of the year then, until we get beaten back. Which is not a nice postion to be in.

Now we really do seem to be placing all hope on an american and soviet intervention...but the british don't seem to be bothered about the war and the soviets are in an increasingly bad two front fight already. Hmm....

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Something I note from my (fourth) computer playing as Hungary, is that it is super fragile... generally, they don't have good doctrines, nor good supply techs. If they're supplying everyone (because that's where those Axis bastards attacked from), then I wouldn't be surprised if they were going through everything at a prodigious rate... especially their manpower.

Reactions:
Something I note from my (fourth) computer playing as Hungary, is that it is super fragile... generally, they don't have good doctrines, nor good supply techs. If they're supplying everyone (because that's where those Axis bastards attacked from), then I wouldn't be surprised if they were going through everything at a prodigious rate... especially their manpower.
I can but hope! Most of the German units are EFs, so they’ll definitely be Hungarian supplied. :) Hope the scum are bled dry.

Reactions:

Which is why we decided to attack there early whilst the axis were away fighting in france, smashing through the third axis member, giving france a fighting chance and releasing pressure on romania and russia.

Only problem is...it didnt really work. Hungary has all its stuff still, germany has completly taken over the defense and military of the country anyway, and really the only way I can see the Hungarian military being destroyed now is if the germans leave them to die (which won't happen until russia really starts to fight back hard).

So whilst the invasion of hungary did give france time (and ironically, hurt the germans a ton more than the actual target), we didnt really get into a postion to take out hungary and probably never will now.

Something to note about all of this is that when we plan to take out a neutral target and we know exactly who and where we'll be fighting and how much stuff they hsve, we've tended to crush them quickly. But the axis are very different. They are already prepared. They have more troops. We dont know where they all are and there's three of them to keep track of. Which explains why whilst we technically have suceeded in operation aims against them in the past, we can't fight them properly. We need more scouting and concrete planning. We need more intelligence. More. More. Morw.

...wow, this game is actually really good at simulating the issues of secondary powers, isnt it? The frustration of being unable to compete with the big boys no matter what because the tech and manpower divide is too wide, the reliance on unreliable allies to survive, the pinning all hopes on last lines of defence because we can't fight them openly...
Wow. Good game under that germany simulator after all!

Reactions:
Which is why we decided to attack there early whilst the axis were away fighting in france, smashing through the third axis member, giving france a fighting chance and releasing pressure on romania and russia.

Only problem is...it didnt really work. Hungary has all its stuff still, germany has completly taken over the defense and military of the country anyway, and really the only way I can see the Hungarian military being destroyed now is if the germans leave them to die (which won't happen until russia really starts to fight back hard).
Quite right: don't you like it when a plan almost kinda works, but then doesn't quite and leaves you with a far more balanced fight? ;)
So whilst the invasion of hungary did give france time (and ironically, hurt the germans a ton more than the actual target), we didnt really get into a postion to take out hungary and probably never will now.
Oh, never is a long time. We'll see where things are in a couple of years. :) The Milli Sef is determined to return! o_O
Something to note about all of this is that when we plan to take out a neutral target and we know exactly who and where we'll be fighting and how much stuff they hsve, we've tended to crush them quickly. But the axis are very different. They are already prepared. They have more troops. We dont know where they all are and there's three of them to keep track of. Which explains why whilst we technically have suceeded in operation aims against them in the past, we can't fight them properly. We need more scouting and concrete planning. We need more intelligence. More. More. Morw.
This is very accurate and perceptive analysis. R.A.W. has always been a 'shoestring doctrine' for use against digestible targets. A very poor man's blitzkrieg and never intended as a substitute for sheer power against large targets. Even then, it almost worked (and was working for a while) against Hungary in the spring offensive, until the damned Germans stepped in. Then it became a little bit reminiscent of the Ardennes '44 offensive. :eek::oops: Let's hope it ends a bit better for us than that did for the Germans in the long run!
...wow, this game is actually really good at simulating the issues of secondary powers, isnt it? The frustration of being unable to compete with the big boys no matter what because the tech and manpower divide is too wide, the reliance on unreliable allies to survive, the pinning all hopes on last lines of defence because we can't fight them openly...
Wow. Good game under that germany simulator after all!
And why I like playing minors or set-upon powers (like France or Poland) and with things geared to even it up a bit. The frisson of excitement and uncertainty you get when you pin your hopes on what turns out to be a donkey (eg Britain re France in 1940 :( ). You just have to make sure you have a fall-back plan for when those hopes fail. Like with Romania.

Of course, the failure of the Soviets would be fatal for us. Hence the Balkan risks taken - going forward, then an offensive to divert from the Patriotic Front just when the Germans should have been throwing everything east. Fingers crossed: I'm reasonably confident the Calistar Line can be held indefinitely and hopeful for the same in southern Greece (especially with the Italian Navy largely destroyed). But if the Germans come pouring through the Caucasus after defeating the Soviets, we're toast. The Japanese coming through India or the Italians through Syria would also be pretty unpleasant.

All: So, on to the next episode. Again, I've broken the next session into two parts for ease of handling and consumption. The next follows shortly.

Reactions:
Chapter 129: Desperation and Apprehension (11 to 15 May 1941)
Chapter 129: Desperation and Apprehension (11 to 15 May 1941)

Prologue

This account of Turkey’s role in the Second Great War resumes with S.I.T.H. agent Cennet ‘Connie’ Kavgaci en route from Monte Carlo, via Nice, in a Swissair flight to Lisbon. There, she will meet a British MI6 contact, where the plan is to then travel to British-occupied Cagliari to take up a lead the British think may be of interest to their Turkish allies-of-convenience. Or is it an elaborate plot to discover and kidnap or ‘turn’ a well-placed Turkish S.I.T.H. agent? Cennet is prepared for anything that may happen. Including a well-concealed cyanide capsule should the worst transpire …

… while on the Yeniçeri Line, the blood-soaked battleground of Timisoara has finally been conceded to the Axis after many epic struggles. Ismet Imönü has vowed he will return – but for now, he is desperately trying to construct fall-back defensive positions in Lugoj and Faget. And hoping the Soviets and Romanians can cover the rest of the line to the north-east, because Turkey is now stretched too far to cover any more: and indeed may be inching towards the breaking point of the line that has held back the Axis – against all expectations – for the first year of the Great Liberation War between the Axis and the Comintern.

chrPwC.jpg

The situation around Timisoara at the end of 10 May 1941.

A defence is being scrambled in Lugoj and Faget, with three divisions – two of them virtually spent, the other very worn out – still in retreat from their former positions. Faget in particular is weakly held – the units there need more time to regain strength and dig in. 1 Cav Div will form the core of the defence in Lugoj – even though it is best employed in the offence or counter-attack. Axis forces continue to build, with a large column sighted moving into Timisoara from the north-west.

---xxx---

11 May 41

With no serious combat or air action currently in progress along the Yeniçeri Line, the morning is spent with units continuing their retreat and those already in place desperately digging in, reinforcing and reorganising. At 9am, Namut’s battered 5 Inf Div arrives in Lugoj. Rather than being sent to a depth position to recuperate, they are ordered to entrench where they are and recover in place. The supply situation seems to have been restored by the evening in Lugoj and Faget, but some of the units are still replenishing their stocks – especially of fuel – from the previous shortages.

Meanwhile, Cennet – now posing as a French-Syrian émigré for her transit through Vichy France and Portugal – arrives in Lisbon. A message awaits her from a British operative at the airport: her ‘old friend Francois Moreau’ (the pre-arranged code name and phrase for her MI6 contact) wishes to meet her at the Viewpoint on the Largo das Portas do Sol in the historic quarter of Alfama. Apparently ‘one can obtain a magnificent view of the city of Lisbon overlooking the Tagus River’ from this lookout.

LOdaPt.jpg

Cennet finds herself walking in the Alfama along the Largo das Portas do Sol, on her way to her MI6 rendezvous on a pleasant spring afternoon, 11 May 1941.

She arrives at the lookout and leans on the railing, taking in the view. Soon afterwards a man wanders up, offering the seemingly casual comment (in French) that “The Alfama is a jewel – it is a blessing it survived the ‘quake of 1755.” Cennet replies “I myself love the Moorish influence on Al-Hamma. Some of the architecture reminds me of home.”

The password exchange complete, ‘Francois’ quickly briefs Cennet on the details for her transit to Cagliari. It has been determined that a submarine transit from Gibraltar would take too long. And perhaps, she thought to herself, they don’t want me seeing the inside of one of their subs.

“It so happens there is a BOAC service that runs from Lisbon, via Gibraltar to Malta. It is now making stops at Cagliari too, when we need it to. It hasn’t been shot down yet, so we’re presuming it will be reasonably safe.” He looks casually but searchingly at the young Turkish agent to see what she makes of this.

Cennet simply shrugs and says “That sounds fine to me – it will be quicker. I am in your hands. Or, if it crashes, God’s.”

‘Francois’ nods. “Very well, my dear. I will be accompanying you through to Cagliari.”

“What can you tell me of this ‘lead’ I am meant to be following up?”

“Nothing, I’m afraid. I am being sent to be briefed in myself. Need to know, you know.” At which Cennet rolls her eyes. “And I think my superiors want this one held very close. Wouldn't do for us to be captured on the way and then spill the beans.”

‘Francois’ wanders off, with a parting “See you at the airport at 9am the day after tomorrow – the 13th. We’ll be catching the ‘St Louis’ to Gibraltar.” Cennet stays a little while to take in the wonderful views. She has no idea whether she will ever see Lisbon again, so may as well make the best of her ‘flying visit’.

7xvmcd.jpg

Cennet gazed out over the Monastery of São Vicente de Fora, a 17th-century church and monastery in the Alfama district of Lisbon - one of the most significant of such in Portugal.

---xxx---

12 May 41

The leaderless 14 Inf Div arrives in Lugoj at midnight. Having left before the bitter end in Timisoara, it is still operating at about 30% efficiency. They too start digging in and recovering. Lugoj will assume the same defensive importance that Timisoara had – its hilly terrain providing a better natural defence than the plains of Faget to the north-east, which will remain the weakest point in the line – and more vulnerable as the boundary between the Turkish lines and those of their allies. With now only 6 Inf Div to return from Lipova, the new defensive line is taking shape. These are the units that will have to turn back any renewed Axis assault in this area.

YkeB0t.jpg

While Cennet takes in a few more of the sights of Lisbon, all remains relatively quiet on the Yeniçeri Line. Wishing to further focus Soviet efforts on defending Romania and the boundary between it and the Turkish-held front, allied defensive objectives in Sabac, Ruma and Ada are cancelled that afternoon (not that the Soviets seemed to have been taking much notice of them). They remain for the more vulnerable provinces of Kikinda, Lugoj and Faget to the north-east.

s7cBeJ.jpg

That evening, the Soviets (upon request [ie a quick tag to have a look was deemed justified given it is right next door]) provided an update via GRU Liaison Agent SkitalecS3 on their dogged defence of Dezna – which is due north of Faget and has been providing some distraction from a continued drive on it: the Italian 133rd Armoured Division has been diverted to assist with the Axis attack on Dezna. The Soviets are fighting hard, but the Axis have plenty of reinforcements they can keep feeding into the battle if they wish.

10OmPS.jpg

And three hours later, second-hand reports indicate more Axis units - including German light armour - have indeed joined the attack on Dezna, which must now be in considerable danger of falling. But in better news, the Soviets have rushed a couple of rifle divisions to hold Deva behind it – which should also help to protect the right flank of Faget. And, elsewhere in Romania, the Comintern seems to be hanging on and even counter-attacking in some areas. The fight is not lost yet, by a long stretch! "Temeşvar'ı Hatırla!" (Remember Timisoara!)

nJmcEj.jpg

OTL Event: Berlin, Germany. The Nazi Party issued a press release on the subject of Rudolf Hess, claiming that he was "suffering from mental illness" and that the Führer had ordered the immediate arrest of those who helped Hess. Hitler abolished Rudolf Hess's post of Deputy Führer, transferred its duties to the new title of Chief of the Nazi Party Chancellory and appointed Martin Bormann to the job. [No change in game – Hess is still there. Useful for comic relief either way – for now he remains Deputy Fuhrer: a bratwurst-eating buffoon and arch-enemy of the Glorious Union.]

jigMDh.jpg

Martin Bormann - yet another odious Nazi creature inhabiting the foul and foetid swamps of Hitler's Third Reich. We will hope we don't have to make his acquaintance during the story - but if we do, will report on him as much as we must.
13 May 41

Another spy is apprehended from Manchukuo: he had made an obvious error, being picked up at a Chinese restaurant in Istanbul specialising in Manchu cuisine. He was tucking into a midnight snack in the back room: a traditional Manchurian hot pot (满洲火锅; 滿洲火鍋; Mǎnzhōu huǒguō) of pickled Chinese cabbage, pork and mutton. Naturally, the restaurant was under surveillance by Kaya’s Secret Police. As were most meeting places with some kind of Axis connection. These agents from 'Manchukuo' really were hopeless amateurs. Even Kaya was able to outsmart them! If only 'the Thorn' was so easy to catch!

s0Bfvs.jpg

A rookie error: this Manchurian spy was arrested (and never seen again) not long after posing for this 'happy snap' in downtown Istanbul, shortly after midnight on 13 May 1941. He was not nearly so happy when held at the tender mercies of Kaya's Secret Police at the local Interior Ministry depot.

“A Manchurian hot pot, eh? That gives me an idea for the interrogation!” says one of Kaya’s goons with a loud cackle as he marches the unfortunate captive away to the nearest Interior Ministry building – “There’s one in every neighbourhood!” as they say.

By this time, the rebuilding of Ögel’s foreign intelligence agency was progressing: he now had nine teams of spies ready for infiltration. Once he gets to around 12-13 (ten plus some spares) he will contemplate deploying them to their next target: which on current reckoning will be Italy. At least, that is what Ambassador Mike Ceylan is counting on to be able to bring his plans to fruition.

0gaKgh.jpg

That morning – 13 May 1941, Cennet had boarded her BOAC flight to Gibraltar and that afternoon was flying into the great strategic naval base. As they approached ‘the Rock’, she could see a British convoy had just arrived. The place was a hive of activity. She would overnight there – but in this case, general sightseeing was strictly curtailed by the British. [Picture is of a British convoy that had indeed arrived in Gibraltar 8/9 May 1941 in OTL.]

At 5pm, the badly worn and out-of-supply 6 Inf Div finally arrived in Faget from Lipova. It was in no position for a fight any time soon: it was instead put aboard trucks and sent south to Beograd, to refit and prepare a reserve defensive position there. That key city would be held for as long as possible and would make a very strong intermediate defensive position if necessary.

A9VMgX.jpg

The rest of the day passed quietly, with no attacks on the ground or from the air.

---xxx---

14 May 41

But the relative quiet of the last few days was shattered very early on the morning of 14th May: in Kraljevo, Inönü was gently shaken awake by his orderly.

“Sir, you are requested at the CP. It is a major attack.”

“Where?” asks the Milli Şef. “Faget? Lugoj?”

“No, sir – in Ada!”

Ada! Perhaps we will find their teeth on our knuckles in that place. Tell the Duty Officer I will be there shortly.”

“General, German panzers are attacking from Srbobran [NB: afterwards I noticed I kept misspelling it on the maps – will fix next chapter] and are making heavy going of it across the river. Panzer-grenadiers and Hungarian infantry are attacking from Senta. They are finding it hard going for now, though will be more effective in daylight. The defence is holding strongly, but 2 and 7 Inf Divs were still recovering from their exertions in the great Battle for Timisoara. 2 and 12 Divs are fully dug in, 7 Div’s entrenchments are about 70% complete.”

3XMJV5.jpg

“Let us hope those sauerkraut and goulash munchers end up with a severe case of indigestion trying to consume Ada. Everything seems under control for now. Keep me posted.” He headed back to bed, happy Eldelhun had things in hand in Ada. Soon after, air raids commenced on the defenders there, which would keep up all day. The first wave, at 4am, consisted of two Italian TAC wings.

By 7am, with daylight, the Axis attack stepped up in intensity [ranging from 7 Pz Div at 56.5% up to 4th Leichte at 148.2% - all less than the defenders’ percentages, at least]. In Gibraltar, later that morning Cennet and ‘Francois’ – now calling himself Rupert (still probably not his real name) prepared to board the ‘St Louis’ again for the last leg of the mysterious trip to Cagliari.

gNvFY1.jpg

The BOAC Curtiss CW-20A/C-55, G-AGDI "St Louis”, seen here refuelling in Gibraltar, prior to taking Cennet to occupied Cagliari in Sardinia. BOAC’s “St Louis” has been running regular supply flights between Lisbon, Gibraltar and Malta throughout 1941 to date. Today, it will be making a stop in Cagliari on the way through.

At 10pm, SkitalecS3 had to report the sad news that Dezna had fallen to German light armour – the Axis had indeed continued to reinforce until the Soviets decided the position was no longer tenable.

“I have also been requested to inform you that 41 SD will be retreating to your positions in Faget,” said Skitalec.

“Skitalec, would you ask the STAVKA to have them stay in Faget to aid with the defence? Our force there is not yet strong and we need all the help we can get to hold it, especially now Dezna has fallen. We’re afraid they will now be coming for us next.”

“I will do what I can, Milli Şef.”

Air Report. Three Italian air raids caused 432 casualties in Ada that day.

---xxx---

15 May 41

Midnight in Ankara

It is midnight in Ankara. In a bordello (actually an Interior Ministry owned and operated ‘honey trap’), not far from the city centre, a man presenting himself as a small trader from Haytay is enjoying some horizontal refreshment. But, as he approaches the culmination of his pleasures, the door bursts open. The room is soon filled with a detachment of Kaya’s Secret Policemen. The deflated man – in fact, a Vichy French spy from Syria – is apprehended without a fight, his coitus well and truly interrupted.

“So, scum, I don’t think you will be enjoying your next lodgings quite so much. You’re off on the Midnight Express!” This last is apparently an in-joke amongst Kaya’s men, who laugh heartily - and evilly. Midnight of course being the traditional time for arresting and ‘neutralising’ enemy agents. For the prisoner, it will be a Turkish prison cell of the worst sort – at the HQ of the Interior Ministry.

tldEjO.jpg

The Vichy spy will be enjoying neither the 'Midnight Express' nor his lodgings in Ankara. Though his stay is likely to be precipitately brief.

Elsewhere in the capital, research work is being done. With doctrine for TAC pilot training completed, focus is switched to improving basic infantry warfare. In a related field, the next level of tactical command structure doctrine will soon be ready for implementation. That research will be continued to lead eventually to the application of superior firepower, with divisions capable of harnessing the efforts of more brigades – a key Turkish research objective, which would also help with the shortage of trained generals by consolidating the number of divisions.

StsJkt.jpg

---xxx---

At the Front

After around a day of fighting, the latest Battle of Ada rages on. The Axis are now showing a fair degree of wear and tear – but have brought the still-damaged German 23rd Inf Division into their reserve to help compensate. This could be another long and bloody fight.

ofsBFG.jpg

qT9Z2T.jpg

Battle-hardened troops of the Turkish 12 Inf Div defend their entrenchments against a determined enemy assault in the hills of Ada, 15 May 1941.

In the mid-afternoon, MAJGEN Orbay (another crack Turkish commander, leading the Mighty First) reports contact in Faget:

“This is One-One: contact; German SS troops assaulting from Timisoara. The Romanians have taken command of the battle – but are up against the accursed von Schweppenburg. The situation is in the balance. Out”

The feared blow on Faget has been struck. Although it is a single division attack only, it is the dreaded and ubiquitous SS-Verf Division – still not fully recovered from previous battles, but in a better state than either of the two main Turkish defenders (HQ 3rd Corps will only be able to provide limited assistance). The Soviet 41 SD is still retreating from Dezna – and there is no way to tell how strong they are or whether they will stay once they arrive.

FedbKQ.jpg

Five hours later, the Soviets do arrive in Faget: and immediately join the defence – Skitalec has come through. Huzzah! They are in quite reasonable shape, too. And the German attack has now faltered somewhat with the falling of night.

2YpfH4.jpg

Fighting still rages on in Ada, where the Hungarian 7th Division is now almost spent and 4th Leichte is not far behind. The Turkish defenders are damaged but holding on well.

P7poAv.jpg

Air Report. The Hungarians took over air strike duties in Ada from the Italians that day and had just a CAS wing available. Three raids only caused a total of 95 casualties.

---xxx---

Cagliari

Earlier, in the late afternoon, Cennet and her MI6 escort officer had arrived in occupied Cagliari. The city looked peaceful enough from the air as they approached – but she remembered her last visit here, just before the French invasion the previous year. The place held dark memories. She was informed that it would be too late that evening to proceed on the next stage of the mission. Cennet was escorted to a small hotel being used (and secured) by the British military and spent an uneasy night’s sleep, wondering what the morrow would bring.

uYuQw4.jpg

Cagliari, seen from the ‘St Louis’, during its approach on the evening of 15 May 1941.

OTL Event: London, UK. The British attempted to keep the Nazis guessing as to what Rudolf Hess had told them by having Ernest Bevin say in the government's first official statement on the matter: "I do not believe that Hitler did not know that Hess was coming to England. From my point of view Hess is a murderer. He is no man I would ever negotiate with and I don't change even for diplomatic reasons. I am not going to be deceived."

---xxx---

Coming Up: The next (shorter) episode will cover the events of 16 May in Cagliari and on the Yeniçeri Line, plus provide a mid-month situation report of global combat theatres. Can both Ada and Faget hold? What have the British found in Cagliari that may be of interest to the Turks? What is the situation on the rest of the Patriotic Front and in the Far East? Will enemy spies continue to be so lax and easy to apprehend in Turkey – providing more unwilling passengers for the Midnight Express? When will Mike Ceylan be ready to strike?

Last edited:
  • 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Quite right: don't you like it when a plan almost kinda works, but then doesn't quite and leaves you with a far more balanced fight? ;)

Well I expect ghe author was fairly relieved. Before thst point, he'd been having an increasingly difficult time trting to keep a strsight hold on Turkey since the fandom kept insisting on more and more increasingly rodouclous and insane plans that still somehow managed to net increasingly more rewards for less effort. This culminated in us taking literally everything in the balkans and thumbing our noses at both the communists and nazis before removing our entire armed forces from europe to piss off the british in persia as well. And we completly got away with it. How the hell did we we do the first half od this AAR again? Newcomer readers might not grasp this point fully but turkey early game was pretty much everyone wondering when we were going to be obliterated by everyone for trying to take anything past bulgaria.

Oh, never is a long time. We'll see where things are in a couple of years. :) The Milli Sef is determined to return! o_O

Hmm...and several people had such high hopes for the european segment of what was to be the new turkish empire....
Oh well. I guess we could still potentially keep what we already have there and maybe keep romania as a puppet. But honestly I think the brtish and russians are going to divide up europe after the war (probbaly), not us. We should probably focus on the middle east and Africa and take what we can get from the rest.

This is very accurate and perceptive analysis. R.A.W. has always been a 'shoestring doctrine' for use against digestible targets.

Then it became a little bit reminiscent of the Ardennes '44 offensive. :eek::oops: Let's hope it ends a bit better for us than that did for the Germans in the long run!

And why I like playing minors or set-upon powers (like France or Poland) and with things geared to even it up a bit. The frisson of excitement and uncertainty you get when you pin your hopes on what turns out to be a donkey (eg Britain re France in 1940 :( ). You just have to make sure you have a fall-back plan for when those hopes fail. Like with Romania.

Me personally, i quite liked the first part where turkey worked up the courage to do stuff, the second part where they ran rampant for a year, and then the reality ensues part where they try to do the best they can to stay alive and make other powerful countries want to keep them alive.

Edit: Since Hess is still deputy, I assume the brits are going to go ahead with their mystical bullshit operation to get the nazis to do something stupid? Kelebek could help with that come to think...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Coming Up: The next (shorter) episode will cover the events of 16 May in Cagliari and on the Yeniçeri Line, plus provide a mid-month situation report of global combat theatres. Can both Ada and Faget hold? What have the British found in Cagliari that may be of interest to the Turks? What is the situation on the rest of the Patriotic Front and in the Far East? Will enemy spies continue to be so lax and easy to apprehend in Turkey – providing more unwilling passengers for the Midnight Express? When will Mike Ceylan be ready to strike?
Come ooon this is really a cliffhanger here for all the threads running! :)

I still believe the Axis is on the edge maybe more than us and can collapse if things go a little south for them. We'll defend well, and wait for them to spend themselves grinding against us. Then, it will be our time.

• 1Like
Reactions: