BATTLETECH - Update 1.2 Mech lighting graphical issues

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blockhead

Recruit
26 Badges
Jul 30, 2018
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
One line summary of your issue
Update 1.2 Mech lighting graphical issues

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
head lights, weapons effects, and missiles create black boxes

Steps to reproduce the issue
System: Mac OS High Sierra
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Graphics card: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
Processor: 2.9GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Upload attachment

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 19.50.07.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 19.50.07.png
    2,8 MB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
Can confirm.

System:

Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.6)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Graphics card: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Addt'l info:

Worked fine on 1.1.0. Broken since 1.2.0 update.
No mods installed.
Hard drive space: 46 GB free
Graphics options: have tried Low and Medium, have also tried some custom settings with higher Lighting, Shadow, and Texture settings.
- issue appeared with all settings selected.
Tech options: have tried restarting the system with no other applications open; same behavior.
Have tried complete uninstall and reinstall of battletech; same behavior.
- followed Edmon's "One does not simply Right Click > Uninstall BattleTech" instructions translated for Mac OSX.
Quickest step to reproduce is a Skirmish; glitch appears in both Skirmish and Campaign battles.
The headlights show correctly very briefly on scene load, but are replaced with the .. blacklights? .. prior to battle start.

The game is not and has never been supported on Intel video systems on any OS
Graphics card: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
Graphics card: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
The game is not and has never been supported on Intel video systems on any OS, I'm afraid. It seems that 1.2 more strictly needs supported hardware, and it was no doubt not tested on Intel video systems.

Whether the developers will consider trying to fix this anyway I cannot say.

Add a third confirmation to this issue.

System: Mac OS High Sierra
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Graphics card: Intel Iris 1536 MB
Processor: 2.6GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Hopefully the Devs will take some time to review the issue.

and another.
Mac OS High Sierra, Macbook Pro (13-inch, mid-2012), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

obviously not an ideal configuration, but 1.1.x ran quite well with low video settings.

I also have this issue. Bought the game on GOG.
Had no issues running the game until this patch. It still runs well, just now has the graphics glitch above.

Mac OS High Sierra
Mac mini
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

I’ve got over 300 hours played and I’ve really enjoyed the game so far. I realize my card isn’t supported but it was running great on medium settings until 1.2 came out. It would be a shame if the only way I can ever upgrade from v1.1 and get the new content is to endure the black blob mech lights.

Mac OS High Sierra
iMac (late 2015)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

I realise that Intel graphics hardware is unsupported, but I can't help wondering if it is worth it for HBS to develop the game for MacOs but not support Intel graphics, as almost all Mac models use them.

Me too me too. Admittedly, yes, my shitty embedded Intel graphics are not supported, but would be nice to be fixed...

AndrewT dropping in to finger wag wasn't particularly helpful. :rolleyes:

Oh no? I am sorry! What should I have said or done?

The game is not and has never been supported on Intel video systems on any OS, I'm afraid. It seems that 1.2 more strictly needs supported hardware, and it was no doubt not tested on Intel video systems.

Whether the developers will consider trying to fix this anyway I cannot say.

and another.
Mac OS High Sierra, Macbook Pro (13-inch, mid-2012), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

obviously not an ideal configuration, but 1.1.x ran quite well with low video settings.

I’ve got over 300 hours played and I’ve really enjoyed the game so far. I realize my card isn’t supported but it was running great on medium settings until 1.2 came out. It would be a shame if the only way I can ever upgrade from v1.1 and get the new content is to endure the black blob mech lights.

Mac OS High Sierra
iMac (late 2015)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

I realise that Intel graphics hardware is unsupported, but I can't help wondering if it is worth it for HBS to develop the game for MacOs but not support Intel graphics, as almost all Mac models use them.

I bought this on Steam. Steam said it was supported. Bought and paid for this highly anticipated game and played it on low settings with zero issues. Game "updates", and my immersion is now spoiled by big black pixels.

As listed on STEAM:

"SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Mac OS X

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 775M (2 GB VRAM)
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 30 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Multiplayer is compatible between Windows and Mac versions.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700K
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD® Radeon™ Pro 580 (8 GB VRAM)
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 30 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Multiplayer is compatible between Windows and Mac versions"

Sorry, but I'm old, and not highly computer literate. What am I missing here please? Does this not suggest that they intend to support this game on my computer?

Sorry, but I'm old, and not highly computer literate. What am I missing here please? Does this not suggest that they intend to support this game on my computer?
If you're referring to existing discussion, It has always said Mac requires at least a model with (edit typo): gtx 775m graphics card at minimum in the text you quoted.
Intel integrated iris graphics is below that spec by a lot.

Last edited:
If you're referring to existing discussion, It has always said Mac requires at least a model with HTC 775m graphics card at minimum in the text you quoted.

I thought I started the existing discussion, so yes, I'm referring to this thread. Thank you for your response.

Perhaps you can help me to understand how I am to know that my Intel Iris 1536 is below the HTC775m in performance and does not meet the listed requirements, so as to not waste additional money, please? I'm on a fixed income, and genuinely can not afford to spend money on games I won't be able to use.

Also if you are wondering what the difference is I'd recommend you google "intel onboard graphics versus graphics card".
It can go in better depth than me, but basically every motherboard has a very basic minimalistic graphics chip built in to it. That's what Intel onboard graphics are.

Gaming systems usually add a separate dedicated graphics card. That's really what the gtx775m is on the Mac. It's like night and day really.

Also if you are wondering what the difference is I'd recommend you google "intel onboard graphics versus graphics card".
It can go in better depth than me, but basically every motherboard has a very basic minimalistic graphics chip built in to it. That's what Intel onboard graphics are.

Gaming systems usually add a separate dedicated graphics card. That's really what the gtx775m is on the Mac. It's like night and day really.

Thank you for you rapid reply.

I can google "intel onboard graphics versus graphics card", but again, I'm not highly computer literate. Going forward, how do I know if my computer will play the game or not? I checked before buying, and honestly thought I was good to go, so I'm trying to understand how the average (or perhaps below average as I grow ever older) consumer is supposed to understand that "Intel Iris 1536" isn't on par with "HTC775m" please?

Additionally, I posted the listed "Minimum" and "Recommended" system requirements, and I'm not seeing where it says "HTC775m" anywhere on the list. Where is that posted please, if not on the "Minimum" and "Recommended" listing?

I thought I started the existing discussion, so yes, I'm referring to this thread. Thank you for your response.

Perhaps you can help me to understand how I am to know that my Intel Iris 1536 is below the HTC775m in performance and does not meet the listed requirements, so as to not waste additional money, please? I'm on a fixed income, and genuinely can not afford to spend money on games I won't be able to use.
If you're referring to existing discussion, It has always said Mac requires at least a model with HTC 775m graphics card at minimum in the text you quoted.
Yes . But several others have also been involved. Just clarifying that the latter responses are all analogous with yours (I'm on my cell phone ATM)

I believe your question is covered in my post above. Google: Intel Iris vs
gtx775m

This advice will work for most games specs to see if you can run them when browsing steam before purchasing.

I hope that helps for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.