• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They may want to work on that then. It's a second or two pause that causes concern. I've had my machine lock up before the last patch when that happened after 3 consecutive enemy destruction. I've dropped shadows and bloom down to low (I shouldn't have too since I'm running a 1070 card) and no V-sync either.
It's being worked on, the 1.0.3 beta patch is testing a fix.

Keep in mind MechWarriors, sometimes, and especially if there's only 2 contracts in the same system, take the time to read the text of the mission description. You will see a lot of times your "missing" 2nd contract was a direct contrast to the one you picked.

Example:

2 contracts in a system. One is for base defense. One is for base capture. No matter what you do, you complete the one mission, and the other goes away.... and do we know why?

Because contract A was being offered by the defender, and contract B by the aggressor. You can't fight both sides of the same battle against yourself.

Last edited:
When / how do you unlock the inner sphere house-planets for contracts?
I have gotten the Highlander some weeks ago, but I still don't have access to the inner sphere, just the periphery-planets...

When / how do you unlock the inner sphere house-planets for contracts?
I have gotten the Highlander some weeks ago, but I still don't have access to the inner sphere, just the periphery-planets...
After the story missions are over.

At risk of sounding pushy, the "2-3 months" indicative timeline for a linux version in the FAQ has now passed: is there any chance of a new "indication"? Are we now 0-1 months, or is it longer? The latter is fine, obviously: we'd all rather see a game that works instead of a game that doesn't, but it would nevertheless be a pleasure to know how much closer we are getting to the day when those of us without Windows can participate too...

At risk of sounding pushy, the "2-3 months" indicative timeline for a linux version in the FAQ has now passed: is there any chance of a new "indication"? Are we now 0-1 months, or is it longer? The latter is fine, obviously: we'd all rather see a game that works instead of a game that doesn't, but it would nevertheless be a pleasure to know how much closer we are getting to the day when those of us without Windows can participate too...
Just a heads up. The game released at the end of the month. ;)
It hasn't been 3 months yet since that estimate was supposed to begin.

Just a heads up. The game released at the end of the month. ;)
It hasn't been 3 months yet since that estimate was supposed to begin.
You are, of course, absolutely right: it came out in April, not March: my mistake. It just feels like longer when all you can do it watch youtube/twitch streams of other people playing...

You are, of course, absolutely right: it came out in April, not March: my mistake. It just feels like longer when all you can do it watch youtube/twitch streams of other people playing...
Understood and empathized.

For a little while after college I only had a Mac. Mac ports were rare then. I know the feeling regarding such waits.

They are of course a lot of work for the developer though to do a good port rather than just a port.

Last edited:
.....aaaaaaand now we have arrived at the 24th July. 3 months post 24th April. 92 days later. 2,208 hours have elapsed. Almost 8 million seconds have ticked by.

Please, please, may we have a revised indication when/if the indicated Linux version might be arriving? Nothing is binding, obviously, but on a best guess basis, are we still days, weeks, months or (gulp) even longer away?

.....aaaaaaand now we have arrived at the 24th July. 3 months post 24th April. 92 days later. 2,208 hours have elapsed. Almost 8 million seconds have ticked by.

Please, please, may we have a revised indication when/if the indicated Linux version might be arriving? Nothing is binding, obviously, but on a best guess basis, are we still days, weeks, months or (gulp) even longer away?

I also was hoping that there would be a notice concerning BATTLETECH on Linux today... Perhaps in two more hours when it will be 9:00 am in Seattle!

It is sad that one is expected to wait patiently for 2-3 months and after 3 months have passed by there is not even an update on ETA for the Linux version.
Is it really too much to ask to keep us regularly updated on a delayed release of a game that we are looking foreward to?

It is sad that one is expected to wait patiently for 2-3 months and after 3 months have passed by there is not even an update on ETA for the Linux version.
Is it really too much to ask to keep us regularly updated on a delayed release of a game that we are looking foreward to?

Paradox / HBS have pulled a Steve Miller! They take our money, yet refuse to keep us updated on when we will actually get to play the game we payed for on Linux. They promised all along it would be playable on Linux... then they promise two to three months after it is released to play on Windows. Here we are three months later and nothing! Respect is a two way street! You took our money, which we gave you based upon promises you made to us! Now, when we ask for an status update on when we will be able to play BATTLETECH on Linux, we are treated as fecal matter, and derided for asking for a status update. I had read online comments concerning Paradox before I bought the game ( I bought two copies. Both the regular edition and the digital deluxe edition) because comments concerning HBS were positive. That HBS was always providing status updates and kept tweeking and fixing things for their Shadowrun games ( of which I have bought Dragonfall and Hong Kong). Now that Pardox has acquired HBS, there are no more status updates, and if we want to play BATTLETECH, we have to run Windows. So much for HBS being reputable and trustworthy!

Paradox / HBS have pulled a Steve Miller! They take our money, yet refuse to keep us updated on when we will actually get to play the game we payed for on Linux. They promised all along it would be playable on Linux... then they promise two to three months after it is released to play on Windows. Here we are three months later and nothing! Respect is a two way street! You took our money, which we gave you based upon promises you made to us! Now, when we ask for an status update on when we will be able to play BATTLETECH on Linux, we are treated as fecal matter, and derided for asking for a status update. I had read online comments concerning Paradox before I bought the game ( I bought two copies. Both the regular edition and the digital deluxe edition) because comments concerning HBS were positive. That HBS was always providing status updates and kept tweeking and fixing things for their Shadowrun games ( of which I have bought Dragonfall and Hong Kong). Now that Pardox has acquired HBS, there are no more status updates, and if we want to play BATTLETECH, we have to run Windows. So much for HBS being reputable and trustworthy!
I think this goes too far, although I would understand your emotion if you have already paid but been unable to play. Personally I am frustrated by the lack of response but would never compare this to the No Man's Sky debacle.

I suspect that the reason for the delay follows the same optimisation issues still in the Windows version: Linux seems to have less "protection" to stop things overheating, and naturally runs faster than Windows, making an unoptimised game potentially dangerous for the system. I am very happy to wait for a game that won't fry my components, but like you I just really wish we could have an indication of progress...