• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you mind if I investigate incorporating this into my Modpack? It is dZ Consolidated Company Commander. It seems a great companion to JK_Variants.

Go ahead dude. It's not a problem.

Sorry for the delayed response, I don't have a lot of time devoted to gaming or modding in general. I'm in the process of trying to update this so it loads quicker.

Go ahead dude. It's not a problem.

Sorry for the delayed response, I don't have a lot of time devoted to gaming or modding in general. I'm in the process of trying to update this so it loads quicker.
Latest version of ModTek (v0.2.0 onwards) caches merged .json files in a sub-folder (and auto-updates a copy of MetadataDatabase.db*, to boot!) so long startup times, aside from the very first caching attempt, are almost an artifact of the past.

* - Having said this, the current version provides no means for exclusions from the .db auto-updates, so unwanted 'mech variants/weapons WILL appear in the campaign... unless using a one-off version that Mpstark was kind enough to create for my personal use/testing.

Next version release is supposed to incorporate the exclusion feature (requires editing the mod.json files) in full, but that's in the near future.

One early method of bypassing this annoyance is by setting the created/edited .db file to read-only at start-up, but remove the read-only flag afterwards, while still in-game (causes stutter/lag like nothing else, on both the tactical and strategic layers, if left read-only).

Last edited:
Hello all,

Apologizes for no updates on this mod. Been a bit busy in RL.

I'm going to do my best to release what I'm referring to as "1.1a", which is mainly just a restructuring of the file structure for ModTek.

If and when HBS adds any additional 'Mechs and/or Vehicles I will be adding their weapons as well. At least that will be the general idea going forward with this mod.

I will also be retaining any old versions on the Nexus, just in case.

1.1a is uploaded

Reduced loading time from what was a ludicrous 2 minutes to less than half a second with ModTek

Also includes two versions of JK Minor Adjustments, one that is specifically for WeaponsPlus, and the other is a Standalone to use with the basic version or other mods. @Justin Kase Feel free to use the Standalone and upload it to your Mod page for it.

A prince among men ;)

I would love to see the JK_Variants_Mod include the canon weapon configurations for the added 'Mechs, much like the GT_WeaponDiversityMod does for the stock 'Mechs that came with the game.

@Sigil - Let me know which weapons go with which 'Mechs, and I'll post it as an optional package :)

I'll be busy most of the weekend with little screen time, but I will work on it next week.

Though I alos have this other little project I'm also working on....

DS_01_Leopard_Mason'sMarauders.png

;)

If you found time for including this in your variants that would make it much easier for me to convert this to use in my Mod Pack. ;)
I will most certainly make time for it - just need @Sigil to tell me which ones go on which 'Mechs and I'll get it all programmed in as an alternate load. I may just bundle it with GenTask's to make life easier (like I did with the Variants.

This should make them viable for any other combination mod

question:
how come on this mod are some small lasers variants are energy and some are support weapons?

question:
how come on this mod are some small lasers variants are energy and some are support weapons?

Not to pile on because I love the mod, but why is there both ML+ for 5 DMG and +5 DAM? Is it so they would be different or just a typo?

Keep up the great work!

Now that I'm converting this I see exactly what you've done with all of your changes. It does raise some questions for me, like, why the Quickscell AC5 has a low cost AND 50% less heat. Is that by design, or by accident? It seems to go against how you explained Quickscell earlier.

I'm working on converting this to my Mod Pack but am holding off until @GenTask can address some issues and questions that I have. I started having too many problems come and was trying to find workarounds for them based upon the core design, but it was becoming too much work.

• Are Quickscell weapons supposed to always have negatives? There are some versions that have lower cost AND significant bonuses (like 50% less heat generated)
  • DamageVariance is not used in the game. The value doesn't bomb anything, but it has no functionality.
  • What is the AI Laser? It looks like just a medium laser but has some strange naming convention to it.
  • For the weapons with "No Recoil" you have -1 refire to them. Refire is decreased accuracy with subsequent shooting phases while Recoil is stability damage that your mech takes for firing the weapon. Which bonus is this supposed to be?
  • I do really like the bonus of some AC weapons that ignore some evasion. Is this lore based? I figured those variants might come with targeting assists or something. Very cool bonus!
  • Can you verify that the -1 ammo clip actually works in-game? I hadn't thought of using it like that. If so, does it give -1 off of every ton of ammo, or off of the total of all tons added together. Regardless, since it seems like the intent is to represent weapon jamming (I think), I would suggest giving it a major refire penalty instead. Then you don't want to fire it two turns in a row.
  • Your MGs have their value for "ShotsWhenFired" set to 1. The stock value is 5. Are they supposed to be at 1?

I'm working on converting this to my Mod Pack but am holding off until @GenTask can address some issues and questions that I have. I started having too many problems come and was trying to find workarounds for them based upon the core design, but it was becoming too much work.

• For the weapons with "No Recoil" you have -1 refire to them. Refire is decreased accuracy with subsequent shooting phases while Recoil is stability damage that your mech takes for firing the weapon. Which bonus is this supposed to be?
  • Can you verify that the -1 ammo clip actually works in-game? I hadn't thought of using it like that. If so, does it give -1 off of every ton of ammo, or off of the total of all tons added together. Regardless, since it seems like the intent is to represent weapon jamming (I think), I would suggest giving it a major refire penalty instead. Then you don't want to fire it two turns in a row.
  • Your MGs have their value for "ShotsWhenFired" set to 1. The stock value is 5. Are they supposed to be at 1?
I don't own this mod but I look through the JSON files. I have been individually modding to fit with 1.1 ie heat for LL, etc.

-The Refire modifier should be 0 which indicated no recoil and no accuracy reduction;
Attack recoil is just the animation indication recoil.

-The -1 ammo clip work.
Ask max_killjoy
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-musing-one-in-the-chamber.1103965/
-The MG were changed to Autocannon qualities; instead of 5 shots fired each with a damage of 3, the MGs have a straight damage of 25 with 1 shot fired

Another interesting idea that I found on one of the weapons is the Sarlon AC10, which basically fires as an ultraAC5; two shots at 30 damage.

Other items that may need to be addressed (that I changed in mine);
- Flamers have a minimum range of 90 (instead of 0)
-Some missiles have a criticalmodifier of 0 instead of 1
-A few text inaccuracies when LRM10 was in text for an LRM5 weapon.

Question -- why change the MGs to AC mechanics? Didn't like the crit spam?

The MG's and Flamers were changed to behave closer to how they are in Table Top. Mainly this means the MG now does upfront damage once, like an AC/2 and the Flamers have infinite ammo but generate more heat when fired. I can create a separate version with MG and Flamers how HBS has them if that is something people would want.

Working with the ModTek guy (MPStark) - having the alternate stats will hopefully be an easy thing to apply/ Right now we need the whole stat json and just apply it over top, but his intention is that it works the same way it does for the core file adjustments. Though, maybe @don Zappo and I were just doing something wrong and MPStark will just tell me "look here fool" and show me the error of my modding ways ;)

But, I would certainly like to see a variant more in line with the current HBS system.

I don't own this mod but I look through the JSON files. I have been individually modding to fit with 1.1 ie heat for LL, etc.

-The Refire modifier should be 0 which indicated no recoil and no accuracy reduction;
Attack recoil is just the animation indication recoil.

-The -1 ammo clip work.
Ask max_killjoy
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-musing-one-in-the-chamber.1103965/
-The MG were changed to Autocannon qualities; instead of 5 shots fired each with a damage of 3, the MGs have a straight damage of 25 with 1 shot fired

Another interesting idea that I found on one of the weapons is the Sarlon AC10, which basically fires as an ultraAC5; two shots at 30 damage.

Other items that may need to be addressed (that I changed in mine);
- Flamers have a minimum range of 90 (instead of 0)
-Some missiles have a criticalmodifier of 0 instead of 1
-A few text inaccuracies when LRM10 was in text for an LRM5 weapon.

Thank you for checking this stuff.

I fixed the stuff listed such as flamer min range, critical modifier, and text inaccuracies.

New version is currently uploading 1.1c with just these fixes

And yes the MG in the base version of these is just a miniature AC, but retains the MG graphics/sounds. In using it this way, the MG's seem to be far more deadlier to vehicles and Light 'Mechs, as they were in Table Top, instead of spreading around tiny damage all over the armor like HBS has them in Vanilla. I left the crit modifiers the same, for the most part, except for some of the negative quirk MG's. There is also one MG that has an AC graphic/sound, the 20mm Gatling Gun.

And indeed I threw in some unique ones like the Sarlon for people to investigate. Mainly I decided to make it that way since it is only made for the Cataphract, making it sort of a prototype or reverse-engineered AC/10 from some other manufacturer, but like most Capellan reverse-engineered things they usually are well made.

Thank you for checking this stuff.
I fixed the stuff listed such as flamer min range, critical modifier, and text inaccuracies.
New version is currently uploading 1.1c with just these fixes

I want to thank you again for your awesome mod.